Page / 3
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 6:37:20 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Mine was into that when I met her, how could I protest it if she still wanted to do it?

I was banging multiple girlfriends when I met my wife.  How could she protest if I still wanted to?

I suscribe to sterotypes so I don't see your statement as relevant. Sorry.

Of course you don't.  Ignoring the obvious is a great way to sustain an illogical belief system.  Millions of liberals use that method daily.

Lighten up Francis!

How'd you know my name!  Are you my wife's girlfriend?
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 6:37:55 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Sure. The religious fanatics don't know what they are missing out on. But to each their own.

"Fidelity" isn't necessarily Biblically derived.

Maybe they're missing out on STDs.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 6:38:27 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Mine was into that when I met her, how could I protest it if she still wanted to do it?

I was banging multiple girlfriends when I met my wife.  How could she protest if I still wanted to?

I suscribe to sterotypes so I don't see your statement as relevant. Sorry.

Of course you don't.  Ignoring the obvious is a great way to sustain an illogical belief system.  Millions of liberals use that method daily.

Lighten up Francis!

How'd you know my name!  Are you my wife's girlfriend?

:Dur
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 6:39:53 AM EDT
[#4]
If a woman is not smart enough to know her own sexual orientation, she is not smart enough to be my wife.

Bi-sexual women are only fun for a drunk Saturday night. They are not suited for marriage.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 6:40:24 AM EDT
[#5]
Recipe for disaster.  The chances of that working out in a safe and sane manner approach zero.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 6:42:52 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Only if i get to play too.

+1

Under my scenario it would be OUR girlfriend.  If it is a separate gf just for her for when she wants it, W/O me, as in the OP, then hell no.

That hedonist place sounds like a stupid place if the women get to take off to be w/ other women and no men.  What kind of stupid place is that???
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 6:45:15 AM EDT
[#7]
Hell no!

If it was just a chick I was dating it would be a different story, but being married is a whole other ball game.  I value my marriage and the intimacy that comes with it.  A successful marriage is also a complicated beast, why allow another variable to make it even harder?
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 6:47:15 AM EDT
[#8]
no, well maybe if I was able to hit both once, but then thats it....
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 6:47:16 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

impossable..... a love triangle CAN NOT last ... just ask all the experts here.....

I've read enough threads on here where people say that. Before my wife and I got married we knew how we wanted our relationship to be. We are both comfortable with the arrangement. Been married 5 years so far, and we have had a g/f for 3 of those years.  We have yet to have any troubles, no baby mamma drama's and no jealousy. Well OK, maybe a little on my side, but my wife makes up for it by psychicly knowing when I need a beer.

You're a very lucky man, Sir.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 6:47:55 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

That hedonist place sounds like a stupid place if the women get to take off to be w/ other women and no men.  What kind of stupid place is that???

A stupid place for stupid people.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 6:49:08 AM EDT
[#11]
Short answer, No.

With a girlfriend or someone I'm having a fling with, no problem. But, not my wife.

I've seen these things ruin marriages before. I've known guys who were hell bent on having a threesome. All three ended in divorce. In two cases the wife ended up with the other woman.

I now have someone in my family who is going down the the same path. He took his new wife (of two months but they have a 3-year old) to a strip club where she picked up a stripper. I won't get involved but this marriage is headed for failure.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 6:50:39 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Sure. The religious fanatics don't know what they are missing out on. But to each their own.

Ah, the STD boogeyman. "Don't have sex! You'll catch an STD!"
Amazing that so many people bother asking relationship questions on Ar15, where most of the guys from their answers can't keep a stable relationship, but are quick to look down on anything that isnt plain jane "Biblical" sex!
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 6:55:10 AM EDT
[#13]
I don't have any objections on a moral ground per se, but I'm not sure how I'd feel about it.  I think it would be cool for a little while but if it went on too long it could get dangerous if they became too attached.  You really just have to know your partner VERY well before you go into something like this.  Either that or it's just a girlfriend you don't really care about keeping if it goes south.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 6:55:27 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Amazing that so many people bother asking relationship questions on Ar15, where most of the guys from their answers can't keep a stable relationship, but are quick to look down on anything that isnt plain jane "Biblical" sex!

Maybe I'm wrong, but I took the STD statement as another reason why people believe fidelity w/ a wife or such is a moral thing as opposed to religion.

Also, I tend to see the same few arfcommers that discuss sex as a biblical thing, but never got an indication of talking down to anyone.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 6:55:53 AM EDT
[#15]
In before the Bible Brigade.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 7:00:39 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

it is not crazy to think that the more partners one has it will raise the chances of getting an STD.  and in regards to the plain jane biblical sex... sometimes one person is enough for someone. Sex is more than just an orgasm. Being with one person you both get comfortable and learn what the other person likes. Just because someone chooses to stick to one person does not mean that their sex life is plain jane.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 7:08:20 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ah.  Denial.

So STDs don't exist?  They're just an invention of the evil religious right?  And promiscuous multiple-partner sex with Bi/curious super-freaks isn't a risk factor for acquiring them?

Getting into stuff like this most certainly can increase your odds of catching something.  Hopefully it's something treatable... but not in every case.  A very wealthy married couple my wife and I know did exactly the situation being discussed here.  They even had the girl living with them for some period of time, and they had multiple threesomes.

It was fun while it lasted... but she gave both of them genital herpes.

You can do what you want, but at least go into it with your eyes open.  Don't whitewash the risks... it's not fair to somebody who may seriously be considering this deal.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 7:20:19 AM EDT
[#18]
Only if she hot .
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 7:20:40 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
It was fun while it lasted... but she gave both of them genital herpes.
The gift that keeps on giving.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 7:22:00 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Link
Lesbian Health Update: Lesbian and bisexual women at risk for STDs, HIV

The Washington Blade - February 9, 2001
Kara Fox
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Lesbian and bisexual women are engaging in sexual behaviors that may increase their risk for HIV and sexually transmitted diseases, including having unprotected sex with both males and females, according to a study conducted by researchers at Brown University School of Medicine.
The study, Sexual Risk in Lesbians and Bisexual Women, published in the December 2000 Journal of the Gay and Lesbian Medical Association, showed that Lesbians were more likely to have a single sexual partner than bisexual women and bisexual women were more likely to report a history of STDs. Also, significantly more bisexual women in the study reported condom use, women with multiple partners were more likely to consider themselves at risk for HIV and STDs, and having unprotected sex or male partners was not associated with an increased risk perception.

Twenty-six percent of the respondents reported they had been diagnosed with at least one STD during their lifetime. The most commonly reported STDs were crabs, genital warts, chlamydia, and herpes. .........................

You're free to do whatever floats your boat. If I "look down on" and it bothers you, that's your problem.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 7:23:37 AM EDT
[#21]
No.  True Bisexuality is a myth, 'bisexual' women are either lesbians who sleep with men for Sugar Daddy reasons or they're freaky heterosexuals who get it on with other women as a way of pleasing Papi.  
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 7:24:06 AM EDT
[#22]
Isn't this why there are exclusive swingers clubs??  So people who are like minded about sex can get together??  

Oh yeah, in before Hiramranger!!
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 7:24:25 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

You're a very lucky man, Sir.

I like to think of myself as lucky, so thank you! I got very lucky with my wife, she is a great person, educated, a loving wife and mother, and she has oh teh noes.... tattoos, and zero STD's. Yeah they exist, can you prevent yourself from getting them, yes. You just gotta be safe and smart. Will our 3-some relationship last forever, probably not, we all know this, we've had them end before, and all on a friendly note.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 7:28:21 AM EDT
[#24]
Thats a can of worms I would rather not open.

Link Posted: 7/20/2008 7:32:20 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

There should only be one worm for the two cans or else your doing it wrong.

Sorry I couldn't resist
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 7:35:23 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sorry I couldn't resist

THAT, sir, is some funny shit!!
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 7:35:48 AM EDT
[#27]
No. It didn't work out with the first wife. I made sure the second wife likes men only.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 7:38:33 AM EDT
[#28]
No. If she wanted to do that she'd be free to leave. I wouldn't help her pack, but I would  throw all her shit in the driveway to help move the process along.

Cheating is cheating.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 7:40:11 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sorry I couldn't resist

THAT, sir, is some funny shit!!

Thank you, thank you, I'll be here all week.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 7:46:22 AM EDT
[#30]
Yes and have but only with me as a participant. Subsequently I have also been allowed to keep a girlfriend before. Seven years together with five of them married and zero problems. It can work with the right people but most others I know have failed miserably with maintaining such a relationship. I believe though that we have both moved on beyond that point now that the oldest child is getting old enough to ask questions.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 7:46:26 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
No. If she wanted to do that she'd be free to leave. I wouldn't help her pack, but I would  throw all her shit in the driveway to help move the process along.

Cheating is cheating.

Yep.  If my wife slept with someone else, that is cheating.  The sex of the third party matters not except in terms of how good the neighborhood gossip is.  
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 7:48:50 AM EDT
[#32]
I'm going to have to take a zero here.  I'm simply not a hedonist.

Say what you will, but "I" believe homosexuality in ANY form to be wrong and a further indicator of the decline of modern civilization.

Funny how so many here will bristle at the notion of revisionist history where it concerns our founding fathers and the Constitution, but don't think twice about ignoring, and even claiming untrue, the history and moral concepts found in the Bible.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 7:50:11 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
Yes and have but only with me as a participant. Subsequently I have also been allowed to keep a girlfriend before. Seven years together with five of them married and zero problems. It can work with the right people but most others I know have failed miserably with maintaining such a relationship. I believe though that we have both moved on beyond that point now that the oldest child is getting old enough to ask questions.

So is it true when they say that if you're having a threesome with your wife and a girlfriend, DON'T blow your load on/in the girlfriend?
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 7:52:34 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
So I just got done watching this show on VH1 that was called
"Women on Women: A Bisexual Journey." or something like that.
In the show, couples go to one of those hedonist places where the
women can act on fantasies of being with another woman. There are
many couples, but the show focused on 4 couples.

One of the ladies was married, but had actually fallen in love with this
girl they had met the previous year. The men are also at this place, but
do not get to participate in any of the woman activities. The husband of
this lady had no problems with it, or so he said.

So what do you say? Would you let your wife or girlfriend have a girlfriend?

I honestly don't know how I feel on the subject, those things tend to get
ugly from what I hear. I guess I would be allright with it, as long as I was
always there, and it happened nowhere else but our house.

Heck no, Marriage for Us involves having a monognous (spelling) realtionship..No extra men or women, and yes I would threatened by my wife having sex with a famale..If I wanted to have an extra women or man In my life I would have styaed single..

Some people values are different,to each there own. But swingers  Ive met did not stay married very long.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 8:03:54 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Wow.  This could have been, for all intents and purposes, a religion-free thread until you dragged the subject into it with a thinly veiled and inflammatory statement.  You really don't like the thought of being judged, do you?

So, should I feel shorted for missing out on "Man Love Thursdays" since I'm a horribly judgmental Christian fanatic and refuse to participate?  Is it because I just don't know what I'm missing?  Sure, it's apples and oranges, but it still makes a point.

On a more serious note, just do what you have to do and leave my morality out of it.  If you have issues with your own religious upbringing then it has nothing to do with mine, so how about I just MYOB with regard to the propriety of what others do in private and you suffer your poor faith experience in a more appropriate thread?
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 8:05:27 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

So is it true when they say that if you're having a threesome with your wife and a girlfriend, DON'T blow your load on/in the girlfriend?

On but never in.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 8:08:32 AM EDT
[#37]
This is just asking for trouble, very few people can be with multiple partners without favoring one over the other.
How would you feel five years from now after three kids and a really happy life, and all of a sudden your wife decides she loves her GF more.
I know two couples that made this work (so far), but they were both in their late thirties and early forties and the kids were grown.
Both couples have a single GF that they share, both GFs are much younger and hotter BTW, and have been making it work for most of a decade.
It won't work for just one person in the couple.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 8:12:55 AM EDT
[#38]
Hell no. If we didn't want to be together with just eachother we wouldn't get married.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 8:13:41 AM EDT
[#39]
Let? Not really up to me as I can't control another.

My answer is "you can't have both, an honest choice must be made by the wife, its me or a girlfriend". I won't share. Period.

Whatever happens, I can live with it knowing I was true to my own conscience.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 8:14:29 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
[Wow.  This could have been, for all intents and purposes, a religion-free thread until you dragged the subject into it with a thinly veiled and inflammatory statement.

You need to re-read the thread. There were people bringing up their religion as the basis for their oposition before I made my first post in the thread.

As for Man Love Thursday, i've discussed that as a societal norm that goes on because of the pressures put on the population by its religion. You'll need to explain further why it has any applicability to this thread.

Quoted:
Twenty-six percent of the respondents reported they had been diagnosed with at least one STD during their lifetime. The most commonly reported STDs were crabs, genital warts, chlamydia, and herpes. .........................

You're free to do whatever floats your boat. If I "look down on" and it bothers you, that's your problem.

If I had to hazzard a guess, i'd say those numbers are not much higher than the general population. Hardly a reason to give up sex.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 8:27:42 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:
[Wow.  This could have been, for all intents and purposes, a religion-free thread until you dragged the subject into it with a thinly veiled and inflammatory statement.

You need to re-read the thread. There were people bringing up their religion as the basis for their oposition before I made my first post in the thread.

As for Man Love Thursday, i've discussed that as a societal norm that goes on because of the pressures put on the population by its religion. You'll need to explain further why it has any applicability to this thread.

Opposition to the choice for themselves without attacking the non-religious or specifically referencing biblical issues.  A couple folks who are ostensibly not persons of faith referenced that as well, but did so by saying that they had no moral objection.  They were careful not to sling insults while still providing insight to the reasons for their opinions.

If I really need to explain what Man Love Thursday (homosexual sex) has to do with the point you made (missing out on your SO having homosexual sex) then I really don't think it would be worth my time to bother.  Yes, I've done some time over there, and specifically in AFG, so I do have a clue as to the hows and whys of Thursdays.  I just don't feel concerned that I am missing anything and that I need to be more sexually eclectic.

In fact, I wish I would have been more tame in earlier times.  If I have to explain that one then you need to go around the block a few more times so you can truly appreciate the complexity of human sexual relationships and their repercussions.  Yes, I'm talking about dating a lesbian, among other things.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 8:53:33 AM EDT
[#42]
Prolly not,,it would be fun once or twice,but I don't see it happening with my wife anyway..and I think we both keep each other quite sattified as it is .I don't thimk I could handle another one..                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             ETA:I gotta start using that spellcheck option I now have,more often..
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 8:57:00 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

If I had to hazzard a guess, i'd say those numbers are not much higher than the general population. Hardly a reason to give up sex.

no one is saying give up sex because there are STD's out there. They just believe to maintaining one partner.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 9:32:57 AM EDT
[#44]
height=8
So what do you say? Would you let your wife or girlfriend have a girlfriend?

height=8
Quoted:
Only if I can have one too..........

height=8
Quoted:
Only if i get to play too.Fair is fair.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 9:33:37 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
Hell no. If we didn't want to be together with just each other we wouldn't get married.

+1

Why even get married if you arent going to be monogamous?  

You could just stay single, have whoever you want, etc...

Cheating is still cheating, it doesnt matter the other sex.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 9:39:05 AM EDT
[#46]
two is one, one is none
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 9:44:00 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
two is one, one is none

It tends to work out just the opposite.  At least when it comes to women.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 2:57:23 PM EDT
[#48]
Wow, this got heated rather quickly.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 2:59:43 PM EDT
[#49]
I have had girlfriends who had girlfriends. It worked fine for us for what the relationship was. I would never get into anything like that with my wife though.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 3:01:03 PM EDT
[#50]
Not only no but HELL NO!! My SO cannot have another girlfriend!!!!!
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top