Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 2:03:02 AM EDT
[#1]
"Any people that would give up liberty for a little temporary safety deserves neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

ETA: read my post with the two below
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 2:15:13 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Since the records belong to the library, you never had control over them anyway...

They are not YOUR records, they are the library's records ABOUT YOU...

See the difference...

I would have a problem with the government tapping into your computer without a warrant, for instance...

I do not have a problem with the government telling another part of the government to hand over government property (library records)....

Ahh. And, you had no control over the 4473s you've filled out, either.

Why don't we make those available to the FBI, CIA, NSA, and all state and country level law enforcement agencies, instead of having FFLs keep them? Ya know, in case you are a terrorist. Can't be too safe now-a-days.

What's that quote? Something something... liberty for security, deserve neither? Oh, yeah, it came from BENJAMIN FRANKLIN:

Those that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
- Ben Franklin 1759

Link Posted: 10/12/2007 2:31:21 AM EDT
[#3]
See sig line.
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 9:39:58 AM EDT
[#4]
I am a JBT and I love the unPATRIOT ACT.

Go figure.
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 10:36:18 AM EDT
[#5]
While some things made sense back then, as a whole the Bill was a bad thing.

Homeland Security, for starters, belongs under the Department of Defense.  Individual items I would have to say Yea or Nay on separately.

About the best part of it as a whole, as I understand, was that parts of the Bill were supposedly there only temporarily.  Of course we all know how often a Temporary Law stays Temporary.
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 1:08:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Not just no, but hell no!

If we want to have a totalitarian dictatorship here, we should be honest and just install one openly.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top