Paper Lace
Andy Kim
BTO
Billy Swan
Carl Douglas
Harry Chapin
Hamilton, Joe Frank & Reynolds
Bay City Rollers
Starland Vocal Band (I bet a few of you were happy this song was written. Without it you wouldn't be here.)
Leo Sayer
Alan O'Day
Player
Ambrosia

I could name more, but I don't want to piss anyone off too bad.
View Quote

Hey I like some of those guys...

I was "rockin" to John Denver at 3-5 years old.  Steve miller was still cool when I was in high school.  Mark Farner (Grand Funk) is a family friend (of my in-laws) and I thought the music was good too.

My vote is the Brady Kids.  (I think thats what they were called).  Sappy as they come.

Link Posted: 5/3/2003 6:25:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Bee Gees...

Or was that the 60's??
Link Posted: 5/3/2003 6:56:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Gary Wright
Link Posted: 5/3/2003 7:18:33 PM EDT
[#4]
I like a lot of the bands listed especially Nick Gilders album before "Hot Child in the City".  Saw him live in a small club, pretty good act.
My pick is Emerson, Lake, and Palmer.
Link Posted: 5/3/2003 7:22:11 PM EDT
[#5]
WORST!
Rick Dees -Disco Duck? Give me a fucking break.
Bee Gees- Hey DISCO STILL SUCKS!

I, unlike ILL, loved the Southern Rock bands. Molly Hatchet, Blackfoot, Lynard Skynard, DAMN that was some good tunes.
Link Posted: 5/3/2003 8:05:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Any Disco, anything with a drum machine in it, and any song that was played on AM rock stations. ANY song that was played more than twice in an hour when punching back and forth between three stations I dont care to ever hear again.
Link Posted: 5/3/2003 9:09:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Other than the punk/new wave from the UK and some American stuff like it from '77 on, musically, the '70s were pretty dire. And not just musically- what other decade could have brought forth both disco and the sanctimoniously inept President Jimmy Carter?

I try very hard to forget the 70's were ever actually there.......

"The Sixties were very cluttered. The Seventies will be very empty." - --ANDY WARHOL
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top