BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/28/2002 7:21:22 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
When the Enron story broke I posted a suggestion that there may be other "balance sheet and income staement problems" out there. Little did I imagine!

Andersen LLP is a den of thieves teaching and guiding others to steal and lie and conceal. The list of Andersen problem clients is a virtual who's who of US companies.

There is a person who posts as [b]BYU[/b] who said he knows an Andersen partner and that he hoped the scum, his friend that is, gets away with his stealing and lying because it was just about doing thigs for money. I suggested that was a criminal attitude that if accepted excuses EVERYTHING.

Either USA prosecuters clean up this mess by removing the corporate offenders - perps - or there will be another round of corporate fraud on the horizon.
View Quote

I am sorry sir but, you are [b]FULL OF SHIT[/b]. I did a search on every topic that I have posted on in the past 9 months and I never said anything of the sort. I am an accounting major in college and the recent scandals make me sick. I am looking for work in other areas of the financial services industry because I am frustrated by the attitude of the Big 5(or is it the Big 4.5 or 4). I did know an Andersen partner, in the SLC practice, and he is an honest and upstanding person. He now works for KPMG, because there is no longer an Andersen practice in SLC. If you want to defame someone's character you should get your facts straight first or otherwise you will look like a BIG LIAR when you get called out on it.

Below is the quote from what I said in the thread started by GOAD on Enron.

"Don't you mean Arthur Andersen, not Anderson. As to the destruction of documents, known as working papers, their destruction is an ongoing event that occurs all the time (housekeeping) in the business process. Now, if it was me, I do not think that I would have destroyed them because it was becoming more obvious that there were issues with the opinion that was submitted as to the assertion made by Enron's management in their financial statements. SOME people have the notion that the job of auditors is to determine if there is fraud involved in the reporting of financial information to users. That is not what auditors do. They provide an opinion as to the assertion submitted by Enron in their financials as compared to GAAP.
However, I do think that there are some problems with the situation and it is going to take time to sort things out. Everything will be set right, it is just going to take time and effort on the part of all involved.
The irony of all of this is that if a business fails through their own actions and/or fraud, the libs piss and moan..............if a business tanks because the government comes after them, well isn't that what the government is supposed to do to all of the big bad evil corporations. I love bitter irony."

[url]www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=86178[/url]
Link Posted: 6/28/2002 7:30:37 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/28/2002 9:27:08 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
The other thing to consider is this. If we get laid off now, there is a severance package. If they declare chapter 11, and then lay us off, no severance. What a deal huh?

And if you think you're mad. You should hear us. Knowing we may be unemployed by sundown, and knowing that our former CEO was forced to resign, and still has a multi-million dollar severance package - for life - is a bit irritiating. Not to mention all his personal loans that the company guaranteed or just forgave. Guess I shouldn't get started on that.
View Quote

Isn't corporate America great!
There so damn efficient & the market of supply & demand takes care of everything. [:(!]
Greedy Bastards with NO conscience!

I feel for you Lancelot!
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top