Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 8:19:04 AM EDT
[#1]
Did they used to throw parades or mail you a midget when you signed up? I didn't even get a high five when I bought mine

But since I like Arfcom, I'll upgrade to a platinum to make up for your butthurtness.

You can take that extra $34 and buy a couple appletinis at the Man-Hole OP.

ETA: Just owning page was worth the thirty bucks. Look at my headband OP. LOOK AT IT!
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 8:27:47 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Ever since I discovered the perks of being a Team member, it's impossible to go back.

No ads in every thread, and the little green arrow, subscriptions list, it's all worth it.
View Quote
Same here.
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 8:29:58 AM EDT
[#3]
His name was AzzFaceKillah
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 8:32:05 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I was gifted a membership once and I'm quite grateful for it.  However as much as I enjoy Arfcom and I've been here since the 1990's, I really didn't see any advantage to being a paid member.
View Quote
Yea, no reason to support something that you enjoy and want to stay around. That'd be silly. That $2 a month will get you two Big Gulps at 7-11!
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 8:34:28 AM EDT
[#5]
This place won't be the same.
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 8:36:51 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 8:38:42 AM EDT
[#7]
Why the whining thread?  You sound like Deej. 
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 8:39:02 AM EDT
[#8]
Thank God I'm not poor, and I don't have to give the cost of my Arfcom subscription a second thought.
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 8:46:58 AM EDT
[#9]
$.065 per day.

$2 per month

Or about 4 or 5 Starbucks drinks a year.
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 8:48:06 AM EDT
[#10]
OP, this is the worst flame-out thread.

It could have been great.
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 8:54:23 AM EDT
[#11]
This story is cool.
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 9:09:27 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
OP, this is the worst flame-out thread.

It could have been great.
View Quote
These threads are always pointless. I guess they do give everyone a chance to use their who cares type memes. 
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 9:24:55 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 9:26:19 AM EDT
[#14]
I had a paid sub for several years. But last year decided it just was not worth it.
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 9:28:58 AM EDT
[#15]
Spock's Funeral - Star Trek: The Wrath of Khan (7/8) Movie CLIP (1982) HD
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 9:29:16 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
What I find amazing, is really how many Snowflakes we have on this system...

What da fuk?

View Quote
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 9:34:48 AM EDT
[#17]
Wahwahwah
lil op got sand in her nether region
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 9:36:55 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
My mom still says I'm special...
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 9:37:08 AM EDT
[#19]
The green arrow is the #1 reason to pay $25 dollars a year.

#2 reason is the ignore list.
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 9:58:15 AM EDT
[#20]
It's so unimportant that you made a thread on the matter
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 10:06:51 AM EDT
[#21]
The reason I'm not a member is because it pisses the members off!
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 10:11:55 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I love all the hate that non-members get. Don't blame em. As a paying member it sucks. You used to be different, arfcom, you used to be special.
View Quote

Where is thumbs down button this?????.
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 10:12:39 AM EDT
[#23]
Great. Want a cookie, OP?
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 10:13:58 AM EDT
[#24]
DU for you then. They are always lively.
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 10:17:08 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 10:20:20 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Ever since I discovered the perks of being a Team member, it's impossible to go back.

No ads in every thread, and the little green arrow, subscriptions list, it's all worth it.
View Quote
My only gripe is the stuff you pay for here is free on just about every other forum I go to.

Avatar - free just signing up on other boards although some make you wait till after 50-100 post but your AV is how most people remember you.

Subscriptions - Also free with just signing up on most forums.

Green Arrow - Most have this two except it's not green or has a jump to last read post button

BOTD - I got google but BOTD is ok for seeing members wives and girlfriends.

Ads - most go away with just singing up but AdBlock just in case

IMO the above should be free just for creating account. Other boards I'm on that have a pay level that gets you into storage space, contest, dibs on special promos things along that line and I can understand that but the basic stuff is free to all members.

I still don't know why there isn't a decent multi quote option after the upgrade or an auto merge post if you post back to back post in a time frame.

Not my board not my rules though
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 10:30:31 AM EDT
[#27]
Is this temper tantrum Thursday?
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 10:35:51 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
what ads?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

what ads?
Too bad.
Where the free users have ads, unless they use an adblocker - Paid Subscribers have nudes.
And if you upgrade from Bronze to Gold - the nudes are female.
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 10:52:03 AM EDT
[#29]
six and a half cents a day? I think I can afford that. I enjoy this site every day, even if I don`t post. besides the sparklin reparte` you fellas have multiplied my firearms knowledge over the years.
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 5:47:57 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I love all the hate that non-members get. Don't blame em. As a paying member it sucks. You used to be different, arfcom, you used to be special.
View Quote

I let mine lapse for the first time last year. I wasn't using it enough for renewing to be a priority. The ads didn't bother me and nobody gave me a hard time about not being a team member. (Think that only happens when non-team member is acting a fool ) Main advantage a membership gave me was the green "thread ID" icon to find threads I posted in and subscriptions. Had knee surgery last week and have about 3 months off so I seem to be gracing the board with my presence more regularly. In the spirit of maintaining zero population loss I ponied up and renewed last night when I learned of this tragic loss that was looming for the board. It will make my surfing during recuperation a bit smoother. Plus the team gets a definite upgrade trading me for Capt. Butthurt. Looking forward to getting the keys back for the Executive Restroom and my reserved parking spot back.
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 5:54:50 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

I let mine lapse for the first time last year. I wasn't using it enough for renewing to be a priority. The ads didn't bother me and nobody gave me a hard time about not being a team member. (Think that only happens when non-team member is acting a fool ) Main advantage a membership gave me was the green "thread ID" icon to find threads I posted in and subscriptions. Had knee surgery last week and have about 3 months off so I seem to be gracing the board with my presence more regularly. In the spirit of maintaining zero population loss I ponied up and renewed last night when I learned of this tragic loss that was looming for the board. It will make my surfing during recuperation a bit smoother. Plus the team gets a definite upgrade trading me for Capt. Butthurt. Looking forward to getting the keys back for the Executive Restroom and my reserved parking spot back.
View Quote
Are you ready for the Yugo check-ride...with Aimless?
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 6:00:58 PM EDT
[#32]
Fuck it, I will also not subscribe...
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 6:07:21 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
My mom still says I'm special...
View Quote
I'm so bright my mom calls me son.
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 6:16:37 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I really wish someone would make that bitch disappear!

View All Quotes
Quoted:
I really wish someone would make that bitch disappear!

You want her on every milk carton?
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 6:17:20 PM EDT
[#35]
I paid for several years.

With this place going full bore fake conservative IE liberal shill.
I see no point in it any more.
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 6:18:38 PM EDT
[#36]
Wait till a script is added for popups requiring adblock whitelisting....Paid membership will skyrocket, as will bitching.
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 6:24:39 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 6:29:34 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote
This
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 6:35:15 PM EDT
[#39]
The non paying members don't fucking care about paying members opinions. Trust me.
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 6:38:17 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
The non paying members don't fucking care about paying members opinions. Trust me.
View Quote
The paying members don't fucking care about non paying members opinions. Trust me.
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 6:39:50 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote
Yeah, pretty much this.
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 6:42:49 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

The paying members don't fucking care about non paying members opinions. Trust me.
View Quote
Yeah, pretty much this
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 6:46:18 PM EDT
[#43]
New Sig Line. He He
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 6:48:17 PM EDT
[#44]
I was a paying member for years but the place changed. Couldn't justify paying after that. Still a non paying member though, too much fun not to be.
I was gifted a years membership once and I am very grateful for that.
I do miss the old rollicking forums before PC kicked in.
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 6:50:03 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I don't pay for any of my accounts. No value in it.
View Quote
Lol
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 6:51:17 PM EDT
[#46]
Log out and log back in
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 7:00:38 PM EDT
[#47]
Some folks are fine with being FSA and having others subsidize them.
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 8:29:36 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Sure you do, buttercup. You responded.
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 8:39:29 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Sure you do, buttercup. You responded.
View Quote
Ohhh, don't pout. Maybe mommy will let you stay up late tonight with the big kids.
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 8:54:46 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

My only gripe is the stuff you pay for here is free on just about every other forum I go to.

Avatar - free just signing up on other boards although some make you wait till after 50-100 post but your AV is how most people remember you.

Subscriptions - Also free with just signing up on most forums.

Green Arrow - Most have this two except it's not green or has a jump to last read post button

BOTD - I got google but BOTD is ok for seeing members wives and girlfriends.

Ads - most go away with just singing up but AdBlock just in case

IMO the above should be free just for creating account. Other boards I'm on that have a pay level that gets you into storage space, contest, dibs on special promos things along that line and I can understand that but the basic stuff is free to all members.

I still don't know why there isn't a decent multi quote option after the upgrade or an auto merge post if you post back to back post in a time frame.

Not my board not my rules though

View Quote
This is most of why I won't buy a membership. 

The features being offered aren't worth $24+, especially seeing as 95% of those features are free on other forums. I can think of a lot better ways to blow $24 than buying a membership here so I can have basic features other sites have offered for free for years.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top