User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 2/21/2007 6:05:46 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Must be a lot of broke college students on this board, but add me to that list.

Yeah, no kidding, and I'm one of them.
You can add me too the list, but if there are more people wanting memberships than there are donated memberships cut me out of the list, eventually I'll go back to work.

What's most important is that you vote, petition, rally and contribute to the cause.

I do my best to do all of the above.  Least I can do.
Link Posted: 2/21/2007 6:43:08 PM EDT
[#2]
I am wanting to join the NRA, but between Child support, paying off credit cards from a failed marriage( I know I know) and daycare/medical expenses..livin on one check a month doesnt allow for many extras. If you have an extra membership..Id take one..
Link Posted: 2/22/2007 11:55:17 AM EDT
[#3]
BIG thanks to you guys!

Been a member longer than most of the folks here have been breathing,but it does my heart good to see these two men putting their words into ACTION!

And everyone that owns a gun,or ever HOPES of owning one,ought to belong to one or both the NRA and GOA.

And write and call your legislators.Make our voice HEARD!

AND,I don't buy this "I'm too poor" crap.

When I was a starving college puke,I could ALWAYS scrape up enough change for another 6 pack of Red,White and Blue!

You don't need a big screen TV,cell phone,video games,smokes,drinks,tickets to the game,etc,etc,etc

You DO need to stand up and be heard. JOIN!
Link Posted: 2/22/2007 4:29:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Texas _Infedle had bought me a membership to the NRA and I am grateful for that. I think that ANYONE who got a membership from him should go to the EE and leave this man positive feedback like I am going to do right now. Thank you Tex.
Link Posted: 2/22/2007 4:49:09 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
BIG thanks to you guys!

Been a member longer than most of the folks here have been breathing,but it does my heart good to see these two men putting their words into ACTION!

And everyone that owns a gun,or ever HOPES of owning one,ought to belong to one or both the NRA and GOA.

And write and call your legislators.Make our voice HEARD!

AND,I don't buy this "I'm too poor" crap.

When I was a starving college puke,I could ALWAYS scrape up enough change for another 6 pack of Red,White and Blue!

You don't need a big screen TV,cell phone,video games,smokes,drinks,tickets to the game,etc,etc,etc

You DO need to stand up and be heard. JOIN!

-Actually everyones situation is a little different. I make decent money but everytime I ask for money "gun related" it is a big fight with me and the wife. I actually offered to pay Tex back but he said no. It takes me a little while to get money together for gun related stuff. BTW when I was in college I didnt have a pot to piss in. I sold everything I had TV, Stero, Drum set, all my guns (except for my first gun). The only thing I indulged myself with was my chewing tobacco. That was it nothing else. And have you not noticed how much more it is for schooling these days? I'd rather buy someone memberships to the NRA that were in college and have them become productive contributing folks to society. I think that the younger kids that are on this board are a lot more mature than most other kids. Just a little thought. Not trying to insult you or anything.
Link Posted: 2/22/2007 5:42:22 PM EDT
[#6]
No offense taken Kevin.
You're probably right.
I literally ate damned macaroni and cheese and whatever was the cheapest for most of my meals.
Was also on the 7 year plan-go to school a year-work a year,so I know what a struggle it can be.
Heck,alot of nights I slept in a barn (Ag College) because I didn't have gas money to drive home.(OK-maybeI did by a quart of CHEAP beer)
But I busted my butt and got it done.But tuition was well under $1,000 per semester.
Of course,a lot of jobs paid $5 an hour as well! Guess it's all relative.

Guess I'm just touchy-know a few folks that are always poormouthing it,yet they've got all the toys,always taking trips,etc.

And Lord knows there's some mighty good folks on here.
Link Posted: 2/22/2007 11:16:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Yea, all I'd ask is that only those that truly can't afford a subscription ask for the freebie.  Otherwise, pass up a couple carton's of cig's, or skip a bottle or two of wine and you'll have the cash.  I have acquaintances who'd rather smoke, drink, and spend $ fooling around on the side vs. spending the $ on getting their child the therapy that he needs.  It's a real shame where priorities are these days.

Ok, enough of that.  I'm tired and going to try and get some more sleep.
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 12:24:33 PM EDT
[#8]
tick tock! I hear 40, do I hear 42?
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 1:41:57 PM EDT
[#9]
I will bid 43 to go one up on the 42 request.
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 1:46:18 PM EDT
[#10]
FYI, you can call the NRA and GOA for instructions for paying for the bulk memberships.  I did already thinking that it was going to stand at 40 memberships.

Big +1 to BDeauman!!!!

(I think my wife's relieved - I think she thought I was crazy.)
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 1:50:20 PM EDT
[#11]
Rino mind IM'ing me and sharing the light?

If I win, I would like everyone to PM me their information.  The requests start with the first person who posted.  He/she will be designated as #1.  You MUST post in this thread in order to receive your membership, as I'd rather not be flooded IM requests.

When posting, it would be a huge help if members would number their posts such as "#23 checking in.  Im sent with all of my info"

Lastly, please visit https://membership.nrahq.org/forms/gift.asp?CampaignID=default Use this website as a guideline as to what information I'll need via PM.

Link Posted: 2/23/2007 1:55:38 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
x

Does that mean you are donating 10 memberships?
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 2:04:30 PM EDT
[#13]
Just spoke w/ the NRA and they advised me to call their HQ Monday morning for bulk membership drives.

In the mean time, pending OP's approval, start IM'ing me your information.

If you can't get through via IM, send away to [email protected].

Link Posted: 2/23/2007 2:06:30 PM EDT
[#14]
Time is up!

And the Winner of the Rem 700 and Upper is BDeauman!  Thank You!!! and congratulations on some great prizes!!!

Quoted:
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 2:09:42 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Time is up!

And the Winner of the Rem 700 and Upper is BDeauman!  Thank You!!! and congratulations on some great prizes!!!

Quoted:

I'm tickled pink.    

I won a lifetime membership from the NRA after winning one of their titles during a National Shoot in Texas.  I figured if I helped a few folks raise their voices, I've done my part.

Before you guys think I'm a rich old guy, I'm a 23yo grad student :)  
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 2:26:22 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Time is up!

Quoted:

I'm tickled pink.    

I won a lifetime membership from the NRA after winning one of their titles during a National Shoot in Texas.  I figured if I helped a few folks raise their voices, I've done my part.

Before you guys think I'm a rich old guy, I'm a 23yo grad student :)  

Excellent!!! You know what, I'll throw in a LMT carbine stock (just the stock, no buffer tube, buffer, spring etc.) if you'd like. Drop me a line with your mailing information and I'll get these out no later than Monday morning.

Thanks for doing this!
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 2:38:13 PM EDT
[#17]
I'll take a NRA membership.
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 2:41:29 PM EDT
[#18]
I think Texas Infidel got me a NRA membership, I haven't heard for sure. But I would be interested in a GOA membership as I have never been a member of their organization before
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 2:48:26 PM EDT
[#19]
Also,
I would like to add to the site staff that maybe they should give Texas Infidel a lifetime membership to this site for his generosity!!!! Anybody else think the same??
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 2:56:31 PM EDT
[#20]
As it stands, here is the breakdown. There were a couple that simply tagged the thread, so I wasn't sure. If you guys were fishing for memberships, please respond to this thread soon!

Sdman11890 - #1
M4MikelA3  - #2
DrunkDucky - #3
Fortydelta      - #4
Justinwb        - #5
RckClimber   - #6
Charging_Handle - #7
TacticalPenguin - #8
Shrike37        - #9
Joedan            - #10
Illinigunner21 - #11
Freakinout      - #12
Rich219          - #13
VooDoo3dfx   - #14
USPcompact   - #15
SkyCatII          - #16
Cvanbrunt        - #17
WS4LIF           - #18
So2315            - #19 (GOA membership)

Each member past this post, please take the next number. (example, next poster wanting a membership would be #20, the next one #21 etc...)
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 3:02:35 PM EDT
[#21]
Always wanted to join. Still a bit unsure, but what the hell...
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 3:03:42 PM EDT
[#22]
If there's still some available I would appreciate a membership to the NRA.

Edit: I sent an IM with the info you need.
thanks!
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 3:04:32 PM EDT
[#23]
#21.

GOA sounds good to me I guess.
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 3:07:20 PM EDT
[#24]
double tap
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 3:07:57 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
As it stands, here is the breakdown. There were a couple that simply tagged the thread, so I wasn't sure. If you guys were fishing for memberships, please respond to this thread soon!

Sdman11890 - #1
M4MikelA3  - #2
DrunkDucky - #3
Fortydelta      - #4
Justinwb        - #5
RckClimber   - #6
Charging_Handle - #7
TacticalPenguin - #8
Shrike37        - #9
Joedan            - #10
Illinigunner21 - #11
Freakinout      - #12
Rich219          - #13
VooDoo3dfx   - #14
USPcompact   - #15
SkyCatII          - #16
Cvanbrunt        - #17
WS4LIF           - #18
So2315            - #19 (GOA membership)

Each member past this post, please take the next number. (example, next poster wanting a membership would be #20, the next one #21 etc...)

I'd definetly like one, really appreciate what the forum is doing.
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 3:08:19 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
I'd definetly like one, I really appreciate what this forum is doing right now.

you're number ten buddy! Cheers!
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 3:10:27 PM EDT
[#27]

I would love a GOA membership. I will pledge to return the favor when the financial situation is better.

ETA. I just re-read this and it sounds like maybe it's up to BDeauman om whether it's NRA or GOA, if thats the cause, I wasn't trying to be picky. I just misunderstood.
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 3:11:14 PM EDT
[#28]
i would like one. prefer GOA as i intend to join NRA again on my own....

looks like i am number 23
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 3:13:41 PM EDT
[#29]
I would greatly appreciate a GOA membership. #24.
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 3:14:14 PM EDT
[#30]
Sdman11890 - #1
M4MikelA3 - #2
DrunkDucky - #3
Fortydelta - #4
Justinwb - #5
RckClimber - #6
Charging_Handle - #7
TacticalPenguin - #8
Shrike37 - #9
Joedan - #10
Illinigunner21 - #11
Freakinout - #12
Rich219 - #13
VooDoo3dfx - #14
USPcompact - #15
SkyCatII - #16
Cvanbrunt - #17
WS4LIF - #18
So2315 - #19 (GOA membership)
Nlinc     - #20
Codename46  - #21 (GOA membership)
CanteTinza     - #22 (GOA membership)
Glock21guy    - #23 (GOA membership)
Short-n-sweet - #24 (GOA membership)

19 more to go, keep em comin
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 3:18:20 PM EDT
[#31]
how does it work. i doubt someone is going to call GOA and say glock21guy wants a membership, do i PM my real info to someone...
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 3:25:02 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
how does it work. i doubt someone is going to call GOA and say glock21guy wants a membership, do i PM my real info to someone...

Quoted:
Rino mind IM'ing me and sharing the light?

If I win, I would like everyone to PM me their information.  The requests start with the first person who posted.  He/she will be designated as #1.  You MUST post in this thread in order to receive your membership, as I'd rather not be flooded IM requests.

When posting, it would be a huge help if members would number their posts such as "#23 checking in.  Im sent with all of my info"

Lastly, please visit https://membership.nrahq.org/forms/gift.asp?CampaignID=default Use this website as a guideline as to what information I'll need via PM.

I'm not exactly sure how the GOA sponserships work, but I would assume it's much the same. The ones on the list will get their information together for BDeauman, and he'll go from there.
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 3:25:53 PM EDT
[#33]
#25 NRA, IM sent

I'd like a one year NRA membership please as well.

Thanks a bunch.
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 3:27:47 PM EDT
[#34]
Has anyone pointed out that GOA memberships cost $20, while NRA memberships are $35? Not that it's a big deal to me. Not at all. I'm just wondering if this is more about the number of people "activated", or the number of dollars donated. - Either way, this is a GREAT thing. I wish I had the money to outbid everyone here. Unfortunately, I don't.
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 3:30:33 PM EDT
[#35]
I think it's more about the number of people, it was a bid for sponserships, not dollar amounts.
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 3:30:55 PM EDT
[#36]
I would like an NRA membership

Link Posted: 2/23/2007 3:35:18 PM EDT
[#37]
#27 i'll take one too. Thanks
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 3:38:05 PM EDT
[#38]
I would like one.  I'll be sure to pay it forward in some way as well.  Thanks much.

NRA #28
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 3:42:23 PM EDT
[#39]
From my Free Membership Drive thread a day before this one, this is the list of who I have already paid for an NRA membership.  If your name is on the list it's a done deal so please remove your name from this thread for a Membership  if you have opted for one on this drive so others may get it.

Joseph Jelley, PA
Adam Fleisher, FL
Will Yancey, TX
Ben Harwood, TX
Toby Garner, TX
Will Haire, WY
Matthew Saulle, VA
Joshua Charles, NC
Shawn Mathew, NY
Kevin Rehm, OH
Oren Varkony, NE
Joey Issacs, OH
J.S. Hull, TX
Jorge Calzadilla, FL
Victoria Ovens, NC
Paul Hosier, AL
Thomas Rodden, NC
Matthew Hiller, TX
Tristan Craig, VA
Jeff Burch, ID
James Wlton, UT
Nathan Meisner, FL
Kevin Rauls, SD
David Barajas, ND
Jimmy Shamlin, AR
Floyd Shown, IL
Mike Rowley, AZ
Nikolas Manak, TX
Paul Hammond, IA  (so2315)
Corp. Steven Dean, Bellvue, KY (Kryten)
Justin Markmin, Taccoa, GA (jmarkma)

Quoted:
I think Texas Infidel got me a NRA membership, I haven't heard for sure. But I would be interested in a GOA membership as I have never been a member of their organization before

ETA: 3 not on original list.
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 3:43:53 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 3:44:40 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 3:45:04 PM EDT
[#42]
You can get NRA for $25.  NRA @ $25

I don't know who gets the credit for the $10 off but is was in my last membership donation so I'm just adding it here for refrence.

Quoted:
Has anyone pointed out that GOA memberships cost $20, while NRA memberships are $35? Not that it's a big deal to me. Not at all. I'm just wondering if this is more about the number of people "activated", or the number of dollars donated. - Either way, this is a GREAT thing. I wish I had the money to outbid everyone here. Unfortunately, I don't.
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 3:48:13 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
If there are any memberships left I would be delighted to receive one, and I promise to keep it up if I get one.

#31 (NRA PLEASE)
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 3:49:00 PM EDT
[#44]
Never mind...just realized that I was already #3

The other post in GD scared me.  

IM sent
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 3:50:41 PM EDT
[#45]

NRA for me please. Thank you very much!
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 3:53:04 PM EDT
[#46]
just to mak sure.....info goes to BDeauman?
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 3:55:07 PM EDT
[#47]
If they're going to poor college students...

I'm in at #33.

GOA for me please.

**edited cause I lost track of where I am.
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 3:56:01 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

yes you're correct..

If I win, I would like everyone to PM me their information. The requests start with the first person who posted. He/she will be designated as #1. You MUST post in this thread in order to receive your membership, as I'd rather not be flooded IM requests.

When posting, it would be a huge help if members would number their posts such as "#23 checking in. Im sent with all of my info"

Link Posted: 2/23/2007 3:56:05 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Yes, he won the high bid at 43.
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 4:07:35 PM EDT
[#50]
ill take one for NRA if any are left
#34  Thank you !!!
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top