Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 9:59:57 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

It’s a huge fight here in Fairfax county, VA.

As in: lawsuits, yard signs, etc,  it even made the Chris Plant radio talk show yesterday.

He explained:

90% of the unionized teachers are either vaccinated against Covid, or are scheduled to get vaccinated soon (ahead of almost everyone else), but

- the teacher’s union has re-opened their contract, and are now demanding a new vaccine be developed for children (the current vaccines are NOT approved for kids; adults only).  The unions says it won’t go back until all kids are vaccinated, and

- union says it’s not safe for teachers to go back until they get a big pay raise.

Meanwhile:  

Our school board?  - they spend most of their time and $$ on re-naming schools (yes - it costs several hundred thousand to re-name each school).  They claim “kids of color do not feel safe in a school with a politically incorrect name” and cannot learn.
View Quote

Well yeah, it’s D.C so. Of course all this is a money and power grab, it always was. Personally OP you should consider moving to a more sane area if you can or look at private school/homeschooling if you can swing it. Those teachers and their union will get their concessions by the next school year and your taxes will go up again.

Link Posted: 1/28/2021 10:00:24 AM EDT
[#2]
Never stopped for my kids. They go to private catholic school
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 10:11:44 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 10:12:28 AM EDT
[#4]
Been going here since August.  10 and under, no masks.  Small school, most teachers already had the China flu.  Going to make BB and VB players wear masks while playing, some schools threatening to play maskless at a club level.  State sports communists would be fucked then.  For football, some small schools started a club level league, state learned of it and allowed football as they could see their future control being gone.
State football championships were a cluster fuck.  Decided that all schools should play in one location, stay in the same hotels and they picked the city with the highest incidence of China flu.  Luckily nothing seemed to come of it.  Normally only one team travels instead of all.  Flip of a coin determines who is home team.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 10:14:08 AM EDT
[#5]
Mine are in school, thank God because online was struggle they’re too young to comprehend without a teacher and my wife and I work fulltime
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 10:14:57 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Like all of you with minor children, my kids have been home from school since March of last year.

I love my kids.  I also think we are all getting kind of tired of spending so much time at home.

And my kids are definitely sick of "distance learning."  The lack of summer camps, cancelled sports, etc. makes it worse.

Wife & I both work at home, of course. Seems like everyday turns into "blursday."   Anyone else tired of this Corona-crap?
View Quote
Where are you at?

I think this has a lot to do with it.

We are in rural southern Missouri, our kids have been back to regular school for a long time.

Link Posted: 1/28/2021 10:19:03 AM EDT
[#7]
Been FTF since August. Dual classroom, virtual and FTF simultaneously
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 10:20:10 AM EDT
[#8]
Youngest kid (4th grade) just went back today...part time.  My 7th grader goes back next week.  

To reiterate the fact we live in a nonsensical clown world is we got a lot of snow the other day.  They cancelled school for a snow day....yes, virtual school canceled.  They must have gotten lots of backlash because they are now sending out desperate emails attempting to rationalize their detachment from reality.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 10:20:37 AM EDT
[#9]
Homeschooling here,  but a lot of the sports my 4 year old was in have been canceled due to lack of kids. Parks aren't as full as they were pre kung flu.  Hopefully it'll go back to normal once it warms up a little.

Luckily he'll be starting Trail Life in a few months.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 10:20:40 AM EDT
[#10]
My kids are back.  They had been back for months prior to Christmas and then waited two weeks after the break to start back up again.  Something I actually thought wasn't a bad idea, since it gave everyone a chance to get over whatever they might have picked up visiting relatives.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 10:20:56 AM EDT
[#11]
Never stopped in our district.  Move out of the liberal strongholds and to a community where teachers actually want to *gasp* . . .  teach.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 10:21:19 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

As in: lawsuits, yard signs, etc,  it even made the Chris Plant radio talk show yesterday.

He explained:

90% of the unionized teachers are either vaccinated against Covid, or are scheduled to get vaccinated soon (ahead of almost everyone else), but

- the teacher’s union has re-opened their contract, and are now demanding a new vaccine be developed for children (the current vaccines are NOT approved for kids; adults only).  The unions says it won’t go back until all kids are vaccinated, and

- union says it’s not safe for teachers to go back until they get a big pay raise.

Meanwhile:  

Our school board?  - they spend most of their time and $$ on re-naming schools (yes - it costs several hundred thousand to re-name each school).  They claim “kids of color do not feel safe in a school with a politically incorrect name” and cannot learn.
View Quote

That makes me sick to my stomach.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 10:23:55 AM EDT
[#13]
in my city it was back to normal class at the beginning of this year.  Republicans don't care about the kids dying I guess.  Any day now they are all going to get sick and die.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 10:24:53 AM EDT
[#14]
My son goes to school every day like normal.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 10:25:41 AM EDT
[#15]
I’d debate on moving somewhere
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 10:26:30 AM EDT
[#16]
Most schools in Missouri have been open all year.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 10:32:41 AM EDT
[#17]
mine have been back since october or something. going virtual for a few days.

at this point who cares? open up, let kids and teachers get it and get over it. move on with our lives.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 10:36:41 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
In person here all year except an extra week if Christmas break.
View Quote

Exact same here.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 10:37:37 AM EDT
[#19]
This school year has been normal here.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 10:38:29 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 10:39:12 AM EDT
[#21]
What they’ve been in school this whole school year. What Commie state do you live in that’s still locked down?
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 10:39:27 AM EDT
[#22]
Son goes back on Monday, 2 hours a day, 4 days a week
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 10:39:53 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 10:40:11 AM EDT
[#24]
Never stopped here in Ohio with going to actual school for our district.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 10:40:35 AM EDT
[#25]
My kid has been in school for awhile now.  Though they did pull all the kids out right before the election... Then, of course, bright them back once Biden got into office..
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 10:41:12 AM EDT
[#26]
Open in Lake County, IL., with a combination of hybrid (distance and in-person).
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 10:41:45 AM EDT
[#27]
Drop my kids off at school every morning
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 10:41:51 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Mine are in school, thank God because online was struggle they’re too young to comprehend without a teacher and my wife and I work fulltime
View Quote

We both work full time (both .gov); but I only have to physically go to the office 1x per week; wife’s FDA job is 100% telework.

My kids are doing OK; but this distance learning is far from ideal.  PE is a joke; classes like chemistry do not work well remotely.  I think the schools have had to lower the bar academically (though I can’t prove that).
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 10:41:57 AM EDT
[#29]
My daughter goes every week since two weeks ago.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 10:43:31 AM EDT
[#30]
Live, ONLINE, learning was canceled today due to snow.

.25", not sticking to roads...and ONLINE learning was canceled.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 10:45:28 AM EDT
[#31]
We have been 5 days a week since September in Texas.  City schools protested a lot, but I think the Governor forced them to reopen.  That said, they are pretty conservative about quarantines.  My wife and I got Covid, and because we did not quarantine ourselves from our kids - Our kinds not only were quarantined during our period (10 day minimum, or a certain number of days after the fever left), but their 10 day period started when ours ended.  So they were out 20 days without getting any symptoms or getting sick (honestly it was not that bad as we got it early in the Christmas break, so they only missed 1 week when school started up again in January).  Our entire basketball team was knocked out 10 days because an opposing team fielded a person who was ill.  We still have the at home and virtual learning systems in place - so nobody is actually missing school, just in person school.  

We get notices from the school whenever kids are exposed ("A member of the High School staff has tested positive on 1/16.  We will keep you notified").  It has been every week or two for incidental exposures.  I don't think a single one of those has led to another kid getting sick.  All in all, I would bet about 20% of our community has gotten over Covid so far.  And in all honesty, I think I know more people who have gotten over it than ones that have not had it.  There have been a few deaths, but I don't know of a single one that did not represent a co-morbid condition personally.

---
Life is fairly close to normal for us (small town).  My relatives who live in the cities (and have liberal TV and neighbors) are still curled up and hiding in the corners.  My wife's however are living much as we are.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 10:53:55 AM EDT
[#32]
They are open here in Louisiana except maybe in New Orleans
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 10:58:41 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Live, ONLINE, learning was canceled today due to snow.

.25", not sticking to roads...and ONLINE learning was canceled.
View Quote

The districts that had in-person learning cancelled it due to the ~ 6" of snow on Tuesday, but the kids had to do distance learning instead.

No more snow days.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 11:00:17 AM EDT
[#34]
Kids in school.  Adult and kid extracurricular activities at same pace.  Soccer tried to say masks required in the fall but no fucks were given.  Played city softball and now volleyball.  Again, no fucks are given.  So far 4-H shooting officials are being mask and social distancing nazis.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 11:04:45 AM EDT
[#35]
In person never stopped here
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 11:07:46 AM EDT
[#36]
Our (collective "our") yoots have been back in school for some time now.

Can't opine on what they're learning, but there it is.

Quoted:
In most places school won’t return until they force the teachers back to work or fire them all.
View Quote

No workee, no money!
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 11:08:44 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Youngest kid (4th grade) just went back today...part time.  My 7th grader goes back next week.  

To reiterate the fact we live in a nonsensical clown world is we got a lot of snow the other day.  They cancelled school for a snow day....yes, virtual school canceled.  They must have gotten lots of backlash because they are now sending out desperate emails attempting to rationalize their detachment from reality.
View Quote

Think of the teachers! C’mon man!

Seriously though, don’t teachers need time to plan their vacations and have zoom/Teams virtual sessions of yoga or tai-chi? Let’s be sensitive to their needs
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 11:08:59 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 11:11:32 AM EDT
[#39]
Just dropped mine off an hour ago. Not doing school sports but has karate twice a week. Where do you live? NY? CA?
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 11:24:52 AM EDT
[#40]
In class here since last fall
Its been fine

Link Posted: 1/28/2021 1:10:24 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
What they’ve been in school this whole school year. What Commie state do you live in that’s still locked down?
View Quote

Virginia
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 1:16:39 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I'm in Fairfax.

We moved here 14 years ago, and made real estate decisions based upon which "pyramid" of schools our kids would attend (Elem, Mid, High).

Our neighborhood was great, and the schools were top rated.

But then they started in on all the Tranny nonsense, so we pulled all the kids and sent them to a conservative, private school.

Robbing from my retirement to make this happen.  Best decision, ever.  WORTH EVERY FUCKING PENNY.

Our neighbors considered this move to be almost a personal insult.  At parties and BBQs, when we were within earshot, a few Karens would say things like, "Well I think our schools are perfectly fine..."

Then COVID-19 happened, and they're all fucked.  No more sports or high scores on the AP exams for the Snowflakes.

A few jumped ship and got in on the last few private school openings.

Another couple abandoned their homes and fled to other states where schools are open.
View Quote

I am also in Fairfax.   The “Tranny nonsense” you mentioned is real.  I agree with you: it is 100% nonsense!!

All: Cincinnatus is right.  Read it for yourself; but FIRST, skip to the last part titled: “ADDITIONAL STATEMENT FROM MEMBERS OF THE COMMITTEE DISSENTING FROM THE RECOMMENDATIONS.  

https://go.boarddocs.com/vsba/fairfax/Board.nsf/files/AYKU7H699ED9/
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 1:20:17 PM EDT
[#43]
The schools in my district have been open for in person school since this fall.  I have one kid going in-person and another going online (by choice)
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 1:22:00 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 1:22:09 PM EDT
[#45]
My kids went back last fall. They started with half the kids on M-T and half T-F with W being an online day while the school cleaned. And the option of all online.
2nd quarter they merged the classes back but still home online on Wednesday’s.
3rd quarter the same as 2nd but did away with the home online only option.
4th quarter is supposed to be back to 5 days.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 1:22:19 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

He explained:

Meanwhile:  

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
My kid has been in class room since Aug last year....Perhaps that’s something you need to take up locally?

He explained:

Meanwhile:  

Jesus Fuck Sticks, Clown world
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 1:23:52 PM EDT
[#47]
Our school board is a bunch of self righteous assholes who let the superintendent do whatever he wants and just pat each other on the back for a job well done.  In the last meeting, they literally said they don’t want to make a decision to do something just because it’s what everybody wants.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 1:24:53 PM EDT
[#48]

Our assistant superintendent did that exact same thing.  I sent the screenshots to the school board and was told it was nobody’s business what she does off duty.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 1:25:57 PM EDT
[#49]
As long as teacher unions get to make the decision, no.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 1:27:32 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

I am also in Fairfax.   The “Tranny nonsense” you mentioned is real.  I agree with you: it is 100% nonsense!!

All: Cincinnatus is right.  Read it for yourself; but FIRST, skip to the last part titled: “ADDITIONAL STATEMENT FROM MEMBERS OF THE COMMITTEE DISSENTING FROM THE RECOMMENDATIONS.  

https://go.boarddocs.com/vsba/fairfax/Board.nsf/files/AYKU7H699ED9/
View Quote

"Appendix B"........................HOLY SHIT!!!
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top