Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 15
Link Posted: 8/6/2019 10:24:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

She'll occasionally see someone in doorways. 99% of it is doorknobs turning in the night, a faint voice from another room, and electronics (Xbox, Blu-ray player, etc) turning on randomly.

She once had something throw the TV remote off the couch when she was watching TV. Like across the room, hitting the wall.

We've stayed before but it's been some time. Furniture in corners in new to me, but we pretty much have a corner gap in every room from furniture, so it makes sense why they've not left.

I don't think they're hostile. She's just chicken

I've seen a woman in the guest room once. Solid, but void of much color (grey/black).

A great deal of activity revolves around the guest room.
View Quote
Sounds like someone wants her attention.
Link Posted: 8/7/2019 5:43:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Do you think they’re kind of confused, like in a dream state? You know how it is when you’re in a dream and you’re just kind of on autopilot? Like you don’t have complete control of your actions and you keep doing the same thing over and over, or you can’t find your way around. Like you’re trying to do something or get somewhere but you can’t.
Link Posted: 8/7/2019 9:31:17 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Sage is pretty temporary. You need to keep up with it periodically like spraying for bugs, and you need to get everywhere. Basements, attics, crawl spaces. Start in these places and work towards the doors and windows. A ring of salt around the house works also.
View Quote
Quoted:

@fmj_shooter

What he said. If you insist on keeping these gaps in corners, then the activity will get stronger the longer it has been since a cleaning. Wife says no longer than 4 months between.
View Quote
Sounds good. I'll let the wife know.

The wife was saging maybe once a year. She'll get the corner gap situation squared away too.

I don't mind the activity at all, but she spends more time at home alone than I do and she gets scared when she's alone.
Link Posted: 8/7/2019 10:17:57 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Do you think they’re kind of confused, like in a dream state? You know how it is when you’re in a dream and you’re just kind of on autopilot? Like you don’t have complete control of your actions and you keep doing the same thing over and over, or you can’t find your way around. Like you’re trying to do something or get somewhere but you can’t.
View Quote
@6GUNZ
I believe this is true at least with some. Hans Holzer defines ghosts this way, in the sense that they are trapped 'here' by some circumstance. The haunting is then an attention getter. In one case the entity seemed to be a Polish immigrant who had fought on the side of the American revolutionaries. He was beaten by the British while they were looking for some plans that the Colonials had hidden. Once the investigators got through to him that this was all in the long past he was freed and was able to cross over.
Link Posted: 8/7/2019 10:37:27 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

@6GUNZ
I believe this is true at least with some. Hans Holzer defines ghosts this way, in the sense that they are trapped 'here' by some circumstance. The haunting is then an attention getter. In one case the entity seemed to be a Polish immigrant who had fought on the side of the American revolutionaries. He was beaten by the British while they were looking for some plans that the Colonials had hidden. Once the investigators got through to him that this was all in the long past he was freed and was able to cross over.
View Quote
Trapped is one way of saying it. Ever watched "The Ghost Whisperer"? They all had a reason keeping them here. Unfortunately, helping them isnt like the show. They have to do it themselves in order to feel resolved, but sometimes they do need a little help. Some never do. Shit, there's a dead native American down the road from me. He sits on his horse and stares at the road. We dont speak Shawnee or whatever, so he's probably doomed to sit there forever.
Link Posted: 8/7/2019 10:46:27 AM EDT
[#6]
Do they ever appear clear enough that you have to think, is that guy walking down the street, sitting on his horse, etc., real or dead?
Link Posted: 8/7/2019 10:52:56 AM EDT
[#7]
This is by far one of the most interesting threads I've read here in a long time.

Thanks for sharing OP.

Keep the information/stories/questions coming. Very informative.
Link Posted: 8/7/2019 11:04:31 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Do they ever appear clear enough that you have to think, is that guy walking down the street, sitting on his horse, etc., real or dead?
View Quote
The one I saw in our guest room was clear enough that I thought it was my wife, until I said something to her and got a response from another direction. She wasn't transparent or hazy. But lacking color, just shades of black/grey, I thought it was from the lights being off in the room. This is from my 1 sighting. OP would have more info on this.
Link Posted: 8/7/2019 11:20:11 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote
They can, depending on their power output and how they want to project themselves.

In the dark it's much harder to tell. My wife ways the ones standing in the road at night make her do a double take.
Link Posted: 8/7/2019 1:22:00 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Trapped is one way of saying it. Ever watched "The Ghost Whisperer"? They all had a reason keeping them here. Unfortunately, helping them isnt like the show. They have to do it themselves in order to feel resolved, but sometimes they do need a little help. Some never do. Shit, there's a dead native American down the road from me. He sits on his horse and stares at the road. We dont speak Shawnee or whatever, so he's probably doomed to sit there forever.
View Quote
@hoboninja
At one time a ' residual ' haunting was the explanation for some sort impression left on the surrounding environment, kind of a 3D picture I suppose.
Is this a reasonable explanation for some appearances that don't seem to interact with the present time and place? I am enjoying the thread BTW.
Link Posted: 8/7/2019 1:33:12 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

@hoboninja
At one time a ' residual ' haunting was the explanation for some sort impression left on the surrounding environment, kind of a 3D picture I suppose.
Is this a reasonable explanation for some appearances that don't seem to interact with the present time and place? I am enjoying the thread BTW.
View Quote
I have heard of the term. Supposedly it's an imprint left on time itself, correct? I'll find out what the wife knows about it tonight.
Link Posted: 8/7/2019 6:01:31 PM EDT
[#12]
On my land I have this old barn. Its possibly 100 years old going off of the condition and construction techniques. It sat empty for 15 years until I cleaned one side up and store hay and keep a horse there. When we first moved here, there were 3 dead guys in it. They were older looking men in overalls. Eventually they all left but one. They take a strong disliking to some people and aren't afraid to show it.

My wife used to do a lot of volunteer work with the local humane society. She comes home one day and tells me about these 4 feral cats that someone had trapped. They had been fixed and given all of their shots. But since they were feral and black (black cats are extremely difficult to adopt out) they wanted to know if we wanted them as barn cats. Of course I said yes, because well I have a bad habit of collecting them. A few days later this rather large woman and her cuck looking husband bring two kennels with 2 cats each in them. The idea was to leave them locked up for a while, feed them, and hopefully they would hang around once let go (spoiler: the little bastards bolted the first chance they got)

While this is going on, I get this feeling that we're not alone, but I get that a lot. It wasn't odd for me. My wife though, she was shaking her head and trying not to laugh. After the cat people had left, she told me what was so funny. Apparently, one of the dead guys decided he didnt like that chick. He was standing in her face screaming for her to get her fat ass out of his barn.
Link Posted: 8/7/2019 7:22:48 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
This is by far one of the most interesting threads I've read here in a long time.

Thanks for sharing OP.

Keep the information/stories/questions coming. Very informative.
View Quote
100% this.  I rarely read every reply to a multi-lane thread but I have read every post here.
Link Posted: 8/7/2019 7:37:21 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Probably a dead guy. Some people can see them, and some people cannot. They have the ability to appear or not, even to those that have the ability. So, he most likely wants you to see him for whatever reason. Either that, or he's careless, or you're more in tune than you realized.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I don't think I've ever seen a ghost.  But I'm going through a divorce and currently living in one of those extended stay hotels for a few months.  It was built in the 1890's.  I occasionally see a man in a dark hat go right around the corner, just a glimpse.  I always extend some sort of greeting, just so he knows I saw him.  Usually just howdy, or "It sure is a nice evening isn't it"  When I look around the corner he is always gone, and the hallways are long.  I don't think he is a human spirit.  I've never seen anything in my apartment, just in the hallways.  And at all times of he day.  It appears to be a tall thin male with a long chin, almost as long as Jay Leno.  It never looks in my direction just zips around the corner.  What the heck do you think it is?  I've seen it probably 8 or 9 times.  It seems to me that it doesn't want to be seen.
Probably a dead guy. Some people can see them, and some people cannot. They have the ability to appear or not, even to those that have the ability. So, he most likely wants you to see him for whatever reason. Either that, or he's careless, or you're more in tune than you realized.
Well, there was a bunch of folks sitting on the back deck and I just blurted out, "So anybody else see the ghost?"  This drywall guy has seen it a few times, and the nurse downstairs about had a stroke when I mentioned it.  She said she was relieved that she wasn't going crazy.  Only three of us have seen it.
Link Posted: 8/7/2019 8:18:16 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Well, there was a bunch of folks sitting on the back deck and I just blurted out, "So anybody else see the ghost?"  This drywall guy has seen it a few times, and the nurse downstairs about had a stroke when I mentioned it.  She said she was relieved that she wasn't going crazy.  Only three of us have seen it.
View Quote
It might be worth investigating. Ask the folks who have been there the longest about him. He could be attached to the building or a person brought him in.
Link Posted: 8/8/2019 7:45:25 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote
In the case of the two I saw, they looked real enough to me, and it was only when they disappeared I was WTF.  In the case of the boy, I actually went down the road by the trees and looked around to see where he went.
Link Posted: 8/8/2019 11:09:24 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

It might be worth investigating. Ask the folks who have been there the longest about him. He could be attached to the building or a person brought him in.
View Quote
I lived there last year for probably four months.  I moved in this year maybe April.  This is gas and oil country so contract workers are in and out fairly quickly.  Nobody stays here long.
Link Posted: 8/8/2019 11:36:51 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
@hoboninja
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@hoboninja
Various elements in the environment will absorb energy. Wood for instance. Residual hauntings are "supposed" to be this energy leeching back into the environment. Like a skip in a record. You buy a house that a guy owned for 50 years, he walked in from work at 5 oclock and went up the stairs every day for those 50 years. It left an imprint and you can, on occasion, see or hear that as a playback at 5 oclock. Things like that.

Edit: Or so the theory goes. You start incorporating this into string theory and the rabbit hole gets deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep.
Link Posted: 8/9/2019 8:12:10 AM EDT
[#19]
Your furniture gap explanation just sent chills down my spine as it relates to a story a co-worker told me years ago.  He and his wife life in an old home that he said was haunted by the spirit of a young girl.   In their master bedroom, they have the headboard of the bed forming a triangle gap in the corner of the room. In the corner, there is a corner shelf unit.  On the top shelf sat a teddy bear that the wife had as a kid.  
One night they got into a heated debate in the bedroom while they were standing about 3' from the foot of the bed, as they were getting ready for bed.  All of a sudden the teddy bear came flying off the top shelf and flew between the two of them and landed several feet away.  Yea, he said it stopped the arguing.  From then on, they never argued in the house since it obviously upset the spirit.  He said his wife had seen the "shadow" or outline of what looked like a 10-13 yo girl in the home several times.

Not related to that situation, but a close friend bought 140 acres of property way out in the country to start a small "farm" for his retired dad to have something to do.  The land was in the same family ever since it was deeded from King George before it was the USA.  They actually found all of the records when he bought it.   It was three sisters that were the last remaining family.  One had just fallen and broke a hip, the other two realized they better sell now before the state took it after they died.  They had no relatives.  One of the sisters told my friend that one of their relatives still walks the property in the afterlife.  He never gave it any thought.

One of his first projects on the farm was to build a pond.  He went through all the gov  agencies for permitting, hired a guy to do the work.  About halfway though the project, he showed up to check on progress.  Dozer driver asked him if he's met the old man yet.  "Huh?"  "Yea, the old man that stands along the edge of the wood line and watches me running the bulldozer."  
He brushed it off, but when he was done, he informed him he saw a spirit.  He wanted the job done.    
Years later we would go hunting on the property. At one time I was using the electronic headphones/hearing protection.   When I left the stand at night I could sometimes hear foot steps in sync with my walking that were coming from behind me.  At first I thought it was just some kind of electronic delay or echo, but when I slowed down my steps and focused on it, I could hear two distinct steps, one being mine.  I just assumed it was the old man keeping an eye on me considering the owner had heard a big cat out there one evening.
Link Posted: 8/9/2019 11:56:50 AM EDT
[#20]
I think it was in the Creepy Thread in GD that someone mentioned cats and spirits have an antagonistic relationship. If I recall, it was stated that cats not only can see spirits but are able to keep them out of the house, or at least that human spirits fear them to some degree. Does your wife have any observations or opinions on that topic?
Link Posted: 8/9/2019 12:40:57 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I think it was in the Creepy Thread in GD that someone mentioned cats and spirits have an antagonistic relationship. If I recall, it was stated that cats not only can see spirits but are able to keep them out of the house, or at least that human spirits fear them to some degree. Does your wife have any observations or opinions on that topic?
View Quote
They can see them. They cant keep them out. Sometimes they will antagonize your pets, not just cats.

That's about all I know of until I can asked her later.

ETA: @exiledrebel

Cats see them 99% of the time, but ghosts dont really care about cats. She says that back in the day, cats were kept in some cultures with the belief that they were the guardians of the underworld. They thought that cats could keep the dead were they were supposed to be (in or out, not sure) I guess its possible that some stay away for fear of being noticed?
Link Posted: 8/11/2019 5:04:44 PM EDT
[#22]
@hoboninja

Maybe I missed it, but does she see people walking right through the ghosts? Or so they avoid being passed through by the living?
Link Posted: 8/11/2019 5:15:49 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
@hoboninja

Maybe I missed it, but does she see people walking right through the ghosts? Or so they avoid being passed through by the living?
View Quote
Yeah, happens more often than not. They aren't concerned with the living unless it has something to do with their purpose for hanging around.
Link Posted: 8/11/2019 5:39:32 PM EDT
[#24]
Does she have any idea what's on the "other side" when they move on?
Link Posted: 8/11/2019 6:07:42 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Does she have any idea what's on the "other side" when they move on?
View Quote
No one living knows with certainty. Most likely heaven, though.
Link Posted: 8/11/2019 10:19:27 PM EDT
[#26]
thanks for the replies and keeping the thread alive. I find the topic fascinating.
Link Posted: 8/11/2019 10:22:04 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
thanks for the replies and keeping the thread alive. I find the topic fascinating.
View Quote
Same.  I am simultaneously rediculously intrigued by ghosts, and also scared shitless of seeing one.
Link Posted: 8/11/2019 10:26:29 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Same.  I am simultaneously rediculously intrigued by ghosts, and also scared shitless of seeing one.
View Quote
Sometimes what you cant see is creepier.
Link Posted: 8/11/2019 11:51:40 PM EDT
[#29]
Great thread op.

Thanks.

Txl
Link Posted: 8/12/2019 11:35:11 AM EDT
[#30]
OP, you have mentioned that people's brains are basically conditioned to not see what they don't want to or don't believe in.

Has this happened in reverse in yours or your wife's experience? Say, someone who never saw ghosts, now does?

EDIT for spelling
Link Posted: 8/12/2019 11:51:11 AM EDT
[#31]
So if people can walk right through them and they don't mind it, then why does having voids in your home matter to them? That is, why would they need to hide behind your couch?

Also, if having voids behind furniture is problematic, what about closets, attics, basements, etc.?
Link Posted: 8/12/2019 12:03:00 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
OP, you have mentioned that people's brains are basically conditioned to not see what they don't want to or don't believe in.

Has this happened in reverse in yours or your wife's experience? Say, someone who never saw ghosts, now does?

EDIT for spelling
View Quote
Yes. I think I covered it in a couple of posts. Personally, I saw a few things as a child. My parents convinced me (mostly through ridicule) that I was imagining things. When I persisted, they just said I was lying. It didnt take long for me to conform. Children are easily molded. Children (and even adults) can be convinced of just about anything if it is driven into their heads enough times.

My wife's ability, otoh, was encouraged. She saw them from a young age. Her mother did as well, and instead of trying to convince her otherwise, she instead explained truthfully what she was seeing. Over time, as most kids grow out of it, she didnt.

As far as not seeing any, and then suddenly seeing them? Not sure. I'll ask her about it. Maybe she has heard of someone who has. I can say this, though. After being around her for a few years, my awareness has increased. I cant see something unless it's really, really obvious. I can "sense" them now at times. I can walk into a place and just get a feeling and nope the fuck out of there.
Link Posted: 8/12/2019 12:06:59 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
So if people can walk right through them and they don't mind it, then why does having voids in your home matter to them? That is, why would they need to hide behind your couch?

Also, if having voids behind furniture is problematic, what about closets, attics, basements, etc.?
View Quote
Good question.

I'll ask later, but I "think" the voids are in reference to a cleansing. The triangular voids are also paths into your otherwise cleansed home. I dont know why or how. A proper cleansing will involve the closets and attics and basements.
Link Posted: 8/12/2019 12:52:09 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Yes. I think I covered it in a couple of posts. Personally, I saw a few things as a child. My parents convinced me (mostly through ridicule) that I was imagining things. When I persisted, they just said I was lying. It didnt take long for me to conform. Children are easily molded. Children (and even adults) can be convinced of just about anything if it is driven into their heads enough times.

My wife's ability, otoh, was encouraged. She saw them from a young age. Her mother did as well, and instead of trying to convince her otherwise, she instead explained truthfully what she was seeing. Over time, as most kids grow out of it, she didnt.

As far as not seeing any, and then suddenly seeing them? Not sure. I'll ask her about it. Maybe she has heard of someone who has. I can say this, though. After being around her for a few years, my awareness has increased. I cant see something unless it's really, really obvious. I can "sense" them now at times. I can walk into a place and just get a feeling and nope the fuck out of there.
View Quote
Good info.

When I was a kid we had bunk beds in our shared room at Nellis AFB. I remember my brother and I were supposed to be napping, I wasnt, and I thought I heard him say something. I was on the top bunk and looked over and saw a kid, who looked kind of like my brother but I was 100% sure it wasn't him, was laying over the edge of the bed with the upper torso hanging out over the floor.
When I looked, I saw this kid smirk and gave a quick little kid mischievous laugh and then disappeared back towards the bed.
I was scared and confused but leaned back over and saw my brother sleeping, and I mean lights out, probably drooling sleeping, and no way it could have been him. Cue the terror and hair on my neck feeling.
I've had feelings of great powerful energy around me before (some were nope moments, others like at Gettysburg where you could just feel that something had happened in the air) but never an experience like that again.
Reason I asked, cause if I experienced it once, I wonder if I could again. I believe, but not sure I am ready to experience it. If that makes sense.
Link Posted: 8/12/2019 1:07:47 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Good info.

When I was a kid we had bunk beds in our shared room at Nellis AFB. I remember my brother and I were supposed to be napping, I wasnt, and I thought I heard him say something. I was on the top bunk and looked over and saw a kid, who looked kind of like my brother but I was 100% sure it wasn't him, was laying over the edge of the bed with the upper torso hanging out over the floor.
When I looked, I saw this kid smirk and gave a quick little kid mischievous laugh and then disappeared back towards the bed.
I was scared and confused but leaned back over and saw my brother sleeping, and I mean lights out, probably drooling sleeping, and no way it could have been him. Cue the terror and hair on my neck feeling.
I've had feelings of great powerful energy around me before (some were nope moments, others like at Gettysburg where you could just feel that something had happened in the air) but never an experience like that again.
Reason I asked, cause if I experienced it once, I wonder if I could again. I believe, but not sure I am ready to experience it. If that makes sense.
View Quote
You're probably in the same camp as I am. I believe, but my mind might not be ready for what may come. It's also not uncommon for children to see other children (imaginary friend)

Wife says some are children spirits, but others alter the way they are perceived in order to put the child more at ease.
Link Posted: 8/12/2019 3:10:49 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

EDIT for spelling
View Quote
I got the $hit scared out on me at age 10, when I wrote up that experience as the "Ten Years Old and New House" story just writing it up a year or two ago made the hair on the back of my neck go up. I still have a few psychic experiences now and then so who knows what the future will bring. I have not seen anything else for sure up until the other night I woke up and sat on the side of the bed and there was a cat sitting on the floor in my darkened bedroom, I only saw it out of my right peripheral vision. What I saw was well defined though the room was darkened,  but ??????? I have no idea why. It wasn't there when I turned to look directly at it. We have not had a cat of any sort for 12 years, the last one we had disliked me.

ETA: Walking through a ghost was mentioned up the thread, are cold spots still connected to the ghosts supposedly sucking energy out of the air?
Link Posted: 8/12/2019 3:26:10 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

ETA: Walking through a ghost was mentioned up the thread, are cold spots still connected to the ghosts supposedly sucking energy out of the air?
View Quote
Not sure. I have felt cold spots, though. On occasion, I have walked into my barn on 90 degree days and ran into a spot that made me shiver. I don't know what the deal is. She explained a lot of stuff to me, not all of it I understood. Like their energy. She says they get it from people around them, but that doesn't explain the ones hidden away in an abandoned house. Maybe they do suck it from the air?
Link Posted: 8/12/2019 4:20:10 PM EDT
[#38]
My wife was conducting a ceremony in our local graveyard at the request of her friend one night.  I was standing there observing the ceremony (what round for ghosts crossed my mind), when she asked the departed to step forth if she had any messages for her friend, thats when I had what felt like a cold blast of air (it was a windless night in July in Utah) go right through me,  I happened twice more during the ceremony. When I asked my wife what it meant she said that when she asked the departed to step forth there were several departed individuals who gathered around and I must have felt them as they passed through me on the way to her.  I have never had that experience before or since, and  hope to never experience it again.  It's like someone threw a bucket of ice water that goes right through you.

Does your wife conduct ceremonies at the request of friends or families?

Mine does, but only for immediate family and friends, she believes that if she became more open about it people would think she is crazy.
Link Posted: 8/12/2019 4:25:27 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Wife says some are children spirits, but others alter the way they are perceived in order to put the child more at ease.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
That should be a clue right there.

As a Christian, I do not believe that the spirits of dead children hang around.

Quoted:

Not sure. I have felt cold spots, though. On occasion, I have walked into my barn on 90 degree days and ran into a spot that made me shiver. I don't know what the deal is. She explained a lot of stuff to me, not all of it I understood. Like their energy. She says they get it from people around them, but that doesn't explain the ones hidden away in an abandoned house. Maybe they do suck it from the air?
Another big red flag, if true. Somehow I doubt that's good for us. Sounds parasitic.

Between the deception and stealing our energy, I would not categorize them as anything good.
Link Posted: 8/12/2019 4:37:52 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
My wife was conducting a ceremony in our local graveyard at the request of her friend one night.  I was standing there observing the ceremony (what round for ghosts crossed my mind), when she asked the departed to step forth if she had any messages for her friend, thats when I had what felt like a cold blast of air (it was a windless night in July in Utah) go right through me,  I happened twice more during the ceremony. When I asked my wife what it meant she said that when she asked the departed to step forth there were several departed individuals who gathered around and I must have felt them as they passed through me on the way to her.  I have never had that experience before or since, and  hope to never experience it again.  It's like someone threw a bucket of ice water that goes right through you.

Does your wife conduct ceremonies at the request of friends or families?

Mine does, but only for immediate family and friends, she believes that if she became more open about it people would think she is crazy.
View Quote
No. You mentioned why above (several departed individuals had gathered around...) They may have already been there, or they may have answered the call as well. If they aren't already hanging around waiting, then she leaves them be. You never know what you're going to get.

Yes, people will think she is crazy. People will make fun of it. Fear of the unknown, I guess.
Link Posted: 8/12/2019 4:42:08 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

That should be a clue right there.

As a Christian, I do not believe that the spirits of dead children hang around.

Another big red flag, if true. Somehow I doubt that's good for us. Sounds parasitic.

Between the deception and stealing our energy, I would not categorize them as anything good.
View Quote
Some "imaginary friends" age with the child. I agree, something ain't right with it.

I'm not sure I buy the parasitic part. My theory is that they dont need us. But what do I know? I cant see or hear them.
Link Posted: 8/12/2019 4:49:45 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Some "imaginary friends" age with the child. I agree, something ain't right with it.

I'm not sure I buy the parasitic part. My theory is that they dont need us. But what do I know? I cant see or hear them.
View Quote
It just has all the hallmarks of something predatory. They try not to be seen, except by an elect few who are sympathetic to them and seemingly don't question their authenticity or motives. They use deception to get what they want. They invade peoples' spaces and must be forced out, but then will return even though they've been asked not to. They're very good at conveying information when it's in regards to their own agendas, but they're not forthcoming with information about themselves.

It just doesn't look good. Like I said before, I would strongly challenge your wife to see how they react to the name of Jesus. If they're what they say they are then it shouldn't bother them.
Link Posted: 8/12/2019 4:52:49 PM EDT
[#43]
The land never forgets..
Link Posted: 8/12/2019 5:38:36 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

It just has all the hallmarks of something predatory. They try not to be seen, except by an elect few who are sympathetic to them and seemingly don't question their authenticity or motives. They use deception to get what they want. They invade peoples' spaces and must be forced out, but then will return even though they've been asked not to. They're very good at conveying information when it's in regards to their own agendas, but they're not forthcoming with information about themselves.

It just doesn't look good. Like I said before, I would strongly challenge your wife to see how they react to the name of Jesus. If they're what they say they are then it shouldn't bother them.
View Quote
Well, when you put it like that...

Now you got me worried.
Link Posted: 8/13/2019 4:38:34 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote
Not really related to the above, but reminded me of something I’d read in the Creepy Thread (iirc).

Are you the same guy who had/has a ghost horse following him around? I remember from the story the guy said his wife was the one to point its presence out.
Link Posted: 8/13/2019 9:24:42 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Not really related to the above, but reminded me of something I’d read in the Creepy Thread (iirc).

Are you the same guy who had/has a ghost horse following him around? I remember from the story the guy said his wife was the one to point its presence out.
View Quote
Yep. I call him Deadhorse (real original, huh?)

We have about 100 acres, most of which can only be accessed after passing through a choke point that has a steep bank on one side, and a ravine on the other. My wife wanted to ride her horse in the back part, so I helped her through and showed her my trails and how to find her way back. Once we had come back through she told me about a dead horse up there. Apparently it was drawn in by our horse, and then followed us back to the barn. Over the following few weeks it took a liking to me for some reason (all animals do) and began coming closer to the house.

My wife was in the bathroom and I went outside to piss one night. I heard (and felt) a horse snort behind me. When I turned around nothing was there. I guess it was Deadhorse. She says he stays in our front field most of the time.
Link Posted: 8/13/2019 12:55:39 PM EDT
[#47]
just wanted to say that this is a great thread, and at no time has my BS detector gone off.

keep up the good work and the respectful conversation.
Link Posted: 8/13/2019 1:54:14 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Yep. I call him Deadhorse (real original, huh?)

We have about 100 acres, most of which can only be accessed after passing through a choke point that has a steep bank on one side, and a ravine on the other. My wife wanted to ride her horse in the back part, so I helped her through and showed her my trails and how to find her way back. Once we had come back through she told me about a dead horse up there. Apparently it was drawn in by our horse, and then followed us back to the barn. Over the following few weeks it took a liking to me for some reason (all animals do) and began coming closer to the house.

My wife was in the bathroom and I went outside to piss one night. I heard (and felt) a horse snort behind me. When I turned around nothing was there. I guess it was Deadhorse. She says he stays in our front field most of the time.
View Quote
My dad had something really strange happen to him that he talked about for a long time afterwards. He was at a truck stop in the middle of nowhere in Texas, and in the greenbelt there were two horses outfitted with old timey wild west stuff.

Like something along these lines:

He said the strangest part was that there was absolutely no way they got where they were without crossing I35, and there were no riders in sight. So basically someone would have had to take them across four lanes of highway, leave them there, and cross the highway again on foot.

It never occurred to him that they were apparitions because they were solid, as real looking as any other horse you've ever seen. But now after reading this thread it makes me wonder. I've never heard anyone say that ghosts look real before. I've only heard of them as misty, shadowy apparitions.
Link Posted: 8/13/2019 3:24:57 PM EDT
[#49]
Have you ever heard of the book “Visions of Glory”?

It is the story of a guy who has died (and come back) 3 times. Each time he dies he explains the doorway to heaven is left open a little more.

He describes a lot of what you describe but has an explanation for much of it.

*Disclaimer* I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (LDS or Mormon) and the book is written from the POV of another member who has seen visions of his role of TEOTW/ the Second Coming of Christ so it has some LDS themes to it.

It is a very fascinating read and I for one believe the Second Coming will occur in our generation.

ETA: I love this thread and have read every post. Keep the info coming!
Link Posted: 8/14/2019 1:56:21 AM EDT
[#50]
Do people who have had near death experiences have a higher proclivity?
Page / 15
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top