Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 1:05:10 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Lawyers are drooling over this news

And physicians/scientists looking for grants.

Always follow the $$.

Lawyers have no more interest in this stuff than anyone else; there's no money in it for them.  It's purely the physicians/scientists looking for grants that push this sort of stuff.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 1:31:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 9:14:13 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Take a multivitman, eat a can of tuna and eat a few handfulls of mixed nuts a week.

Problem solved.

NOT entirely, though that's better than doing NOTHING. Canning is a heat process. Omega 3's are destroyed by: heat, light or oxygen. I've never been IN a canning plant that oes tuna, but the heat alone would destroy a LOT of the omega 3's... and I'm also betting the tna gets light and oxygen a plenty prior to canning... but that's pure supposition. I wouln't count TOO much on the "canned tuna" to get me by. (But then, admittely, I tend toward the "paranoid" end of things - not "out there" paranoid, just healthy paranoid) Nuts are a great source of nutrition. Walnuts are pretty high in omega 3's....sunflower seeds... but the others, while PRESENT, not sure it's a sufficient quantity.

But again, better than doing nothing.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 9:27:16 AM EDT
[#4]
Average life span of an American in the early 1900's: 70
Average life span of an American today: 73
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 9:29:59 AM EDT
[#5]
Eat more beaver. Everyone ends up happy.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 9:42:52 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Bullshit.

All that's different now than from centuries past when we ate a more limited, "natural" diet is that now we can more accurately diagnose mental problems. That's it, that's the big difference.

We see more problems now because we're looking for them.

100 years ago, people were either healthy, eccentric (mild mental conditions) or fucking nuts (serious mental conditions).

So, how do you attribute modern mental illness to diet, when we've only begun accurately diagnosing mental illnesses in general?

<goes back to eating his HoHo's and Diet Coke>

+1

I eat as I eat.
It doesn't make a shits worth of difference except in my physical health.

I have been looking into the Blood Type "Diet" after a friend had told me about it and the theory behind it. From what he told me, it sure made a lot of sense. Now it's not a diet where the intent is to lose weight but, rather, to eat heathy.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 10:20:26 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 10:39:53 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Average life span of an American in the early 1900's: 70
Average life span of an American today: 73

70 in 1900?

I think you really need to recheck your numbers!

In 1900, life expectance at birth in the US was about 50 years for whites, 34 for non-whites.  A lot of that was from childhood diseases, but even if you made it to 20 back then, you could still expect to live 15-20 years less that a 20 year old today.

www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0005140.html
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 11:07:34 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

<goes back to eating his HoHo's and Diet Coke>

+1 on that
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top