Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 3:22:37 PM EDT
[#1]
If you are only going to buy one Glock to fiddle with in your collection, the G-19 is a great choice.
It's my favorite gun for CCW.  Very light and concealable, with very few pointy edges to snag on.

For the range, the grip is just big enough to be comfortable to shoot.

I usually put a 3.5lb connector and swap the sights to metal, but if you're just buying it to fiddle with, stock is fine.

Link Posted: 3/29/2006 3:45:53 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Because my Glock 19 saved my ass.  Not to mention I have not had one FTF FTE or any problems at all.  I dispatched a dog with it this weekend and just like I expected I drew squeezed the trigger twice and both times it went bang.  

Wow. I missed that thread.  Glad you are okay.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 3:55:09 PM EDT
[#3]
. for later
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 4:31:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Really nice reliable and accurate compact carry gun with a 15-round capacity.

Need I say more?
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 4:33:39 PM EDT
[#5]
I was asking myself the same thing until last week when I bought my Glock 19.  I took it to the range and fired four rounds through the same hole in the first group, the rest were all within an inch or so.  If I can find the target, I'll post the pics.

I swore I'd never get one, but I am a convert.  This is a product you can really trust your life to.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 4:45:01 PM EDT
[#6]
I came very close to buying a G19 but I chose a XD Subcompact 9mm.  I am very happy with my purchase.  I also carry a G23 though.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 5:42:21 PM EDT
[#7]
I did the ultimate evil.  I just put in an order for a bunch of stuff from cheaperthandirt.  I included a Glock 19 mag in the order.

Now that I have a mag, I must get the gun.  It would only be logical.

ETA  Damn I missed post 11111
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 5:49:48 PM EDT
[#8]
I use to be anti Glock, then I got a G22. I love my Glock. Accurate and dependable. I want a G17 now, 9mm is cheaper to practice with.

Come to the dark side.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 7:04:29 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I did the ultimate evil.  I just put in an order for a bunch of stuff from cheaperthandirt.  I included a Glock 19 mag in the order.

i am adding "I have a magazine for a gun I don't own, so I have to get the matching gun" to my weapons buying reason book.

That is great.

I am in G19 hell too, the more I read about them the more I must have one.  Ah, such is the way a new firearm usually makes it to my house.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 7:09:44 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

i am adding "I have a magazine for a gun I don't own, so I have to get the matching gun" to my weapons buying reason book.

That is great.

I am in G19 hell too, the more I read about them the more I must have one.  Ah, such is the way a new firearm usually makes it to my house.

Two of the handguns I have started with me buying a mag for a gun I did not have.

The Glock 19 will probably be the 3rd to come to me that way.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 7:53:27 PM EDT
[#11]
becouse shooting stuff is fun and 9mm is cheaper then 45 acp?
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 7:55:57 PM EDT
[#12]
I wouldnt mind getting one to suppress.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 8:13:31 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
My Glock 19 seemed to have a very tight chamber.  As far as jams, reloads that are not sized all the way to the base will lock one of thes up tighter than a virgin.  

Why a 19?  It is part of the trilogy, 17, 19, 26.  You MUST have all three!

You left out the 17L and the 34!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 8:17:47 PM EDT
[#14]
cuz they are cool
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 11:49:14 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 10:43:29 AM EDT
[#16]
Funds have been examined.  I will pull out the cash necessary.  Then sometime late next month I will take a long lunch and go to the gun shop.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 9:00:41 AM EDT
[#17]
UPDATE  You are all bastards.
I just got back to work from VA Arms.  ARFCOM member GotM4 set me up with a very nice peice of tupperware.

I will post pics when I get home.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 9:04:44 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
I just got back to work from VA Arms.  ARFCOM member GotM4 set me up with a very nice peice of tupperware.

I will post pics when I get home.

Plastic fantastic
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 9:12:53 AM EDT
[#19]
MMMMMM!  That Glock Kool-Aid tastes goooood!

CDNN has G19 LEO mags for $9.99 a piece and G17 mags for $12.99 a piece.  You know the 17 rounders will fit in your new G-Lock and can be used for reloads instead of getting a +2 extension.  I shoot that way on the range all the time when I'm training or teaching.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 9:16:06 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
MMMMMM!  That Glock Kool-Aid tastes goooood!

CDNN has G19 LEO mags for $9.99 a piece and G17 mags for $12.99 a piece.  You know the 17 rounders will fit in your new G-Lock and can be used for reloads instead of getting a +2 extension.  I shoot that way on the range all the time when I'm training or teaching.

I carry a G17 mag with a +2 as a spare for my G19. It's hard to beat 20 rounds in a pistol that size.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 9:42:42 AM EDT
[#21]
IMHO the G19 is the best of the bunch. I bought my first back in '94 but in a moment of dumbass I sold it a couple of years later to fund a G23 which I still have. I ended up buying another G19 back in '02 and it's great.

I don't care what people think about the 9mm round I love it. I have three 9mms at the moment and it wouldn't hurt my feelings a bit to have another one. The G19 is a great gun, but presently I carry my SIG P228. That first double-action trigger pull sucks, but it is the smoothest DA I've ever fired. It also has an edge in accuracy over my G19.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 9:58:32 AM EDT
[#22]
I have fired a g17, g22, and g23.... I found the 17 to be the most shootable by far.  Not sure why.  The 17 was a first gen, the others were gen II...

I say get both!  I'm honestly considering buying one myself after reading all this stuff about them.

hmmm  am I developing BPD???  (Black pistol disease)

ETA:  Yup you ARE all bastards...  I'm gonna go get me one!
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 10:02:16 AM EDT
[#23]
The G19 is probably the most desirable Glock.  

Compact, 15 rounds, tough as nails, not bullshit "KB" syndrome associated with the 9mm, almost immune to rust, and fairly lighweight.    

It's just about the perfect CCW gun.  

And, with a proper "grip reduction" can be made to feel proper in one's hand as well.  

I also really like the XD, but don't like its weak corrosion resistance.  NO gun touches glock's tenifer process.  
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 10:12:36 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Compact, 15 rounds, tough as nails, not bullshit "KB" syndrome associated with the 9mm, almost immune to rust, and fairly lighweight.    

And, with a proper "grip reduction" can be made to feel proper in one's hand as well.  

I also really like the XD, but don't like its weak corrosion resistance.  NO gun touches glock's tenifer process.  

New XD's as of a couple months ago are all finished now with Melonite...think Tenifer, but better

Started when they introduced the XD45ACP, and now they apply it to every gun.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 10:22:47 AM EDT
[#25]
I don't like my Glock 19.

First, it makes me shoot the centers out my targets!  After a magazine or two, there isn't any 9, 10 or 'x' ring left (or center in the IPSC target).  This means I have to change targets.

Secondly, it makes me shoot all my 9mm.

Bad Glock!  No biscuit!  
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 10:29:39 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

New XD's as of a couple months ago are all finished now with Melonite...think Tenifer, but better

Started when they introduced the XD45ACP, and now they apply it to every gun.

I had an XD-40.  Fine gun.  I sold it to a friend who needed a first gun.
I sold it more for the fact that me and the 40S&W bullet do not get along, than anything against the gun.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 10:30:12 AM EDT
[#27]
The G19 is the gateway drug to the use of heavier Glocks, like the G20.

Beware.

Link Posted: 3/31/2006 2:42:55 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
The G19 is the gateway drug to the use of heavier Glocks, like the G20.

Beware.

well so far I really like the 19.  Dunno about getting any other models.

yet
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 3:10:01 PM EDT
[#29]

I love diversity.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 3:15:16 PM EDT
[#30]
My primary CCW for more than a decade now.  I predict it will grow on you in short order.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 4:09:51 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Tennifer is not the black coating, but a chemical process that actually treats the surface of the metal. Tenifer is tougher and more corrosion resistant than any coating.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 4:19:08 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Yet every time I see a Glock 19, I fricking want it so bad.

I'll post pics when I get home.

nullbits.foxxz.net/albums/album03/DSCF0879.sized.jpg
I love diversity.

haha mothafucka..

cuz this is the only gun you can drop in the water and mud  not worry bout leaving it there.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 4:22:19 PM EDT
[#33]
enjoy yer gun dude.  its surprisingly easy to takedown .. completely
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 5:49:00 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Tennifer is not the black coating, but a chemical process that actually treats the surface of the metal. Tenifer is tougher and more corrosion resistant than any coating.

You...haven't read up on Melonite, have you...

What do you think a  Melonite finish is?

Hint: It's not a coating of anything.

Link Posted: 3/31/2006 6:07:50 PM EDT
[#35]
The problem with Glocks is not that they are the best, it's just that they are better than most anything else.  I've had five, still own 3.  Shoot the 19 the most.  Have a second 19.  The 29 is for backpacking.  I can't say they've never jammed but have caught an empty in the ejection port once or twice.  The re-rack is automatic at this point after years of shooting and barely slows me down.  But the thing is when there is a stoppage of some kind, clearing it is easy.  I've had 1911's LOCK up on me.  Instant club.  Never assume a gun will always work but Glocks just get back in the fight sooner and easier.  Add to that they seem to as close to maintenance free as you can get, durable like no tomorrow and stupidly easy to take apart and work on.   The short trigger reset is fast like no tomorrow once you learn it.  Light, smooth, relatively inexpensive.  

That being said I still have a soft spot for hi-powers for sheer shootability.  But the Glock really wins on overall points.  Wish they'd make a single stack 9 with a thinner trigger guard.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top