Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 3:56:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Skeet shot has gone up but..  I can get the 15 shot boxes of 00 and slugs at my local Wally World for $8.99 and I know they were not that much cheaper 2 years ago...  Mabey a dollar per box at best.

I flat out refuse to pay $50 per box of .380 or $500 per case of Wolf 7.62x39mm.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 4:56:00 AM EDT
[#2]
Well, target load for shooting sporting clays etc. have doubled in price over the last few years.  From $15/100 to $30/100.    Sure has cut down on my range time.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 4:58:29 AM EDT
[#3]
?

I just got 500 rds of .380 from Midway for $13.79 a box of 50....

My local Wallsomart has the 100 rd white box bulk packs on the shelf.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 5:31:26 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Additionally, people want rifle and handgun ammo for because those are the weapons they would be using if the SHTF, not shotguns. Less demand, lower prices

Those people would often be under gunned if facing opponents with $300 shotguns.

as a shotgun shooter this thread fails on a couple of fronts. shotshells have doubled in price in the last year. they are still going up even though the price of lead has dropped.  shot guns are really only good for self defense at short ranges.  at 100 yards the 9 pellet buckshot spread is about 20 feet. lets just say not such a dense pattern. slugs are not very accurate at 100 yards without sights and or a dedicated slug barrel.   i'm comfortable with a shotgun. i shoot in both trap and skeet leagues, to the tune of 400 rounds a week in competition. competitive shooters do not buy ammo. it is too expensive and you can't taylor your loads.  every competition shotgun shooter i have ever met, reloads.  

that said, for a shtf situation my first choice is a rifle. in my case an ar.  30 rounds of light weight ammo / magazine.  good from across the room to 600 yards.

I think there is a serious lack of consensus on SHTF scenario;you are not going to be attacked at 200 yards across a cornfield by well armed and trained zombies.It will be urban CQB even in rural areas.You won't have power so food will be paramount;your person,car(if there is gas) and home will be your bastion.OO and slugs and .45 will work fine.A true city scenario where you might have roving armed bands would be different and 30 rounders could be critical.City riots are the exception,but I have moved to the country so city folks deserve what they get much like Obama voters.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 5:32:25 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 5:35:15 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
birdshot has gone up, I used to get a case for ~$36 now it goes for ~$50

Yup.

Cheap stuff for blasting clays is  double what is was 3 years ago.

You could find dove loads for about $2.35 per box.  

Good luck doing that now.

Link Posted: 6/14/2009 5:38:43 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Probably because Arfcommers aren't buying shotshells at the rate they're buying M193 at.

QFT: nobody is whipping up hysteria over a shotgun ban and nobody is hoarding cases of skeet loads in their mom's basement to be resold on Gunbroker.

The ammo situation is akin to gas prices of last summer:supply isn't affecting the price nearly as much as demand due to speculation.

AR's are now returning to the shelves and the prices are dropping down to Prebama levels so I suspect ammo prices and availability will soon come down as well.I'm thinking the main reason is a bunch of mom's have been having shitfits over how many stripped lowers and cases of XM193 are being stashed all over the house.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 10:27:24 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
you haven't been buying lately- Two years ago AA'a or STS's were $42.50 a flat (10boxes). They are now $75.00. Isn't that enough???

Yeah shotguns shells are way more expensive than they were 3 years ago
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 1:38:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 1:45:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
FUCK

now im gonna have to clean out the local gun shops of 12 gauge before everyone rushes in to take it all

Good job!

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top