Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 24
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 8:09:59 PM EDT
[#1]
he already did when he was killed and rose from the dead...
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 8:10:20 PM EDT
[#2]
It's not time
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 8:10:37 PM EDT
[#3]
His time, not ours.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 8:12:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Christian since I was 7, baptized around 9, filled with the spirit around 12, recommitted in my teens. Read the Bible many times, prayed for many hours, played in a worship band for years, been to dozens of churches both in the USA and on many years of mission trips in Mexico, have carefully sought and prayed and had faith...

...and have never felt or seen a thing that confirmed any of my faith.

At this point, I'm kind of ehhh on it. I won't deny God, but if he wants to speak to me someone might want to give him my number

Link Posted: 4/20/2016 8:13:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Ain't no body got time fo dat!

Link Posted: 4/20/2016 8:15:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 8:17:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Good thread,

There was a time in my life where god and church were my life, I can honestly say I have had some incredible experiences with the holy spirit and the presence of god. Yes he does exist.

As to these days, most people call be a un believer and for a while I did turn my back to his existence. Its all on me, some things happened in church and instead of focusing on god I focused on the situation, over time I found myself further and further away and today it seems like he and I would never have the same relationship we once had. I just don't feel it, and yes I know we walk by faith not feelings, but that's how best I can explain it.

I have tried to get back into it but every time I have it just seems dead, the word seems void of life to me. I guess maybe I have become to hard of heart and there can be no restoration, I just don't know. There is a part of me that wants to go to church, I have a lot of people ask me but I politely decline. While I want to go I think about the things that happened and it makes me sick to even think of walking into a church, strange I know but that's where I am.

I do believe that my salvation is still there, I don't believe you lose that but the relationship I once had is gone. Maybe that's a god thing, maybe it needs to die t have a new better relationship, but at the same time I don't think god will welcome me back..

But yes I do believe he does show himself to all at least once.

Link Posted: 4/20/2016 8:19:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Apparently he doesn't give a fuck...7 out of 10 people in the world aren't christian...he gives no fucks.
View Quote

This... I think if He exists, He has left us to our own devices. I would love to be proven wrong. I also think there is a movement to purposelly fulfill prophecy to try to force His hand, sort of daring Him to show Himself. I think they think they can beat Him this time.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 8:22:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Because God does what he does.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 8:28:44 PM EDT
[#10]
The whole free will thing...believe or not, it's your choice.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 8:28:49 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Then you were never really born again.

1 John 2:19 They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would no doubt have continued with us: but they went out, that they might be made manifest that they were not all of us.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Christian since I was 7, baptized around 9, filled with the spirit around 12, recommitted in my teens. Read the Bible many times, prayed for many hours, played in a worship band for years, been to dozens of churches both in the USA and on many years of mission trips in Mexico, have carefully sought and prayed and had faith...

...and have never felt or seen a thing that confirmed any of my faith.

At this point, I'm kind of ehhh on it.

Then you were never really born again.

1 John 2:19 They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would no doubt have continued with us: but they went out, that they might be made manifest that they were not all of us.

I have heard this sentiment before, personally from a Christian that I met with each week for a couple of years to discuss matters of the Bible and faith.  While I do not doubt, at all, that it is shared with sincerity and good will, it is also particularly troubling from a more objective, logical viewpoint.  It blames the lack of an answer upon the person asking the question than the responder.  Rarely in rational debate is that valid.

The position that one only finds answers from God after they choose to believe, or after they are "born again," reminds me of a rather controversial statement by a modern politician that is routinely criticized on this very website.  In explaining certain legislation, Nancy Pelosi said, "We have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it."  If a Christian finds fault in that statement, then that Christian should see the logical problem with the sentiment, "You must believe in Jesus first so you can understand the evidence that he exists."
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 8:31:37 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Good thread,

There was a time in my life where god and church were my life, I can honestly say I have had some incredible experiences with the holy spirit and the presence of god. Yes he does exist.

As to these days, most people call be a un believer and for a while I did turn my back to his existence. Its all on me, some things happened in church and instead of focusing on god I focused on the situation, over time I found myself further and further away and today it seems like he and I would never have the same relationship we once had. I just don't feel it, and yes I know we walk by faith not feelings, but that's how best I can explain it.

I have tried to get back into it but every time I have it just seems dead, the word seems void of life to me. I guess maybe I have become to hard of heart and there can be no restoration, I just don't know. There is a part of me that wants to go to church, I have a lot of people ask me but I politely decline. While I want to go I think about the things that happened and it makes me sick to even think of walking into a church, strange I know but that's where I am.

I do believe that my salvation is still there, I don't believe you lose that but the relationship I once had is gone. Maybe that's a god thing, maybe it needs to die t have a new better relationship, but at the same time I don't think god will welcome me back..

View Quote

He will. Read the scripture.

Here are some verses that I think you might enjoy. These are from various books of the Bible.

But if from thence thou shalt seek the Lord thy God, thou shalt find him, if thou seek him with all thy heart and with all thy soul.

The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.

The LORD is gracious, and full of compassion; slow to anger, and of great mercy.

The LORD is nigh unto all them that call upon him, to all that call upon him in truth.

The Lord redeemeth the soul of his servants: and none of them that trust in him shall be desolate.

If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

The Lord also will be a refuge for the oppressed, a refuge in times of trouble. And they that know thy name will put their trust in thee: for thou, Lord, hast not forsaken them that seek thee.

Link Posted: 4/20/2016 8:32:58 PM EDT
[#13]
Because a bearded Middle Eastern man appearing out of nowhere would scare the fuck out of people and even though he is a zombie he is a nice zombie and doesn't want to scare the fuck out of people.  
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 8:33:10 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Good thread,

View Quote

You just have to remember that we have all sinned and fallen short of the glory of God.  This means everyone, including everyone at every church.  Absolute power corrupts absolutely.  Ministers, deacons, elders, etc. are suceptible to this.  If you are interested in how to reconcile this, check out Bait of Satan by John Bevere.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 8:56:22 PM EDT
[#15]
I've spent most of my life waiting for a revelation. It did eventually happen, but I was in my late 20s.

For some people, it's not yet time. For others, they're not seeking the Spirit.

I've heard some people speak of being picked out and called. That isn't my story at all, the only answer I got for a long time was "wait."

Everyone's journey is their own ;)
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 8:56:36 PM EDT
[#16]
So does anyone think that our life on Earth is a test?
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 8:57:47 PM EDT
[#17]
Because he doesn't exist.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 9:02:16 PM EDT
[#18]
2 Corinthians 12:19 And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 9:03:01 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Non-Christian. First you have to suppose that there is a God as defined by the Protestant Christian sense, that is a huge leap. Then you have to suppose that he does "things" to people and not others which means he is either
A)Judging that person not to be worthy which is a direct contradiction of said religion
or
B)That person doesn't see the signs by some matter of subjective measurement that others have nothing to compare against because they don't believe in the first place which those that do believe see as a tragedy and must convince said people to save them by making them believe what they do. Usually by coming up with such questions of "Why doesn't God reveal himself to everyone?" as a starting point.

Not trying to be edgy, just being frank on the motivations of this thread which belongs in religion forum.

Edit:
Forgot
C)The ever moving goalposts of what he does and how no one knows what he does for whatever reason because faith...and stuff.

Edit 2.0:
This will probably be viewed as an attack on Christianity and the victimization squad will come out saying this is rude and how it is the downfall of 'Murica, followed by the militant aspect on how not thinking like they do is stupid.

View Quote

You miss the whole premise

He is there for you to accept or deny. Anyone. Yours to choose. Not to be coerced by parlor tricks. Free will.

No scholar am I. But its as simple as that.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 9:06:21 PM EDT
[#20]
Serious question. Why doesn't the bible address the existence of Dinosaurs?
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 9:09:13 PM EDT
[#21]
Because he's a fairy tale...
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 9:10:44 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Because it is not time.
View Quote

And he will in his time......
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 9:11:26 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 9:13:18 PM EDT
[#24]
Psalms 19:1The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handiwork.

Romans 12:3 For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith.

John 1:1 ¶ In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
2 The same was in the beginning with God.
3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men.
5 And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.
6 ¶ There was a man sent from God, whose name was John.
7 The same came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all men through him might believe.
8 He was not that Light, but was sent to bear witness of that Light.
9 That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world.
10 He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.
11 He came unto his own, and his own received him not.
12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:
13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.
14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

Creation proves that the Creator exists.

God deals every man a measure of faith.

God provides light to every man.

Joh 8:9 And they which heard it, being convicted by their own conscience, went out one by one, beginning at the eldest, even unto the last: and Jesus was left alone, and the woman standing in the midst.

God has given man a conscience so that a man knows he is a sinner.

Romans 5:5:1 ¶ Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ:
2 By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.
3 And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience;
4 And patience, experience; and experience, hope:
5 And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us.
6 ¶ For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly.
7 For scarcely for a righteous man will one die: yet peradventure for a good man some would even dare to die.
8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

Jesus Christ died on the cross to pay for the sins of men.

1 Cor 15: 15:1 ¶ Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;
2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.
3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;
4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

5 And that he was seen of Cephas, then of the twelve:
6 After that, he was seen of above five hundred brethren at once; of whom the greater part remain unto this present, but some are fallen asleep.
7 After that, he was seen of James; then of all the apostles.

Christ died for our sins, was buried and rose again, and was seen after He arose by many witnesses.

2Pe 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

God wants sinners to repent - to turn toward Him.

Romans 10:3 For they being ignorant of God’s righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God.
4 For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth.
5 For Moses describeth the righteousness which is of the law, That the man which doeth those things shall live by them.
6 But the righteousness which is of faith speaketh on this wise, Say not in thine heart, Who shall ascend into heaven? (that is, to bring Christ down from above:)
7 Or, Who shall descend into the deep? (that is, to bring up Christ again from the dead.)
8 But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;
9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
11 For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.

Salvation is a gift which cannot be earned.

Jesus Christ did all the work on the cross.  He paid the price on the cross.

The gift is offered.

James 4:6 But he giveth more grace. Wherefore he saith, God resisteth the proud, but giveth grace unto the humble.

Isa 1:18 Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool.

Link Posted: 4/20/2016 9:14:06 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Because a bearded Middle Eastern man appearing out of nowhere would scare the fuck out of people and even though he is a zombie he is a nice zombie and doesn't want to scare the fuck out of people.  
View Quote

I won't lie, I chuckled.

As per the op? I don't have all of the answers, all I know is this: My life has been incredibly trying the last two-ish years and I am historically, the exact opposite of lucky. I get it from my mother. Honestly, I could be in a town with no people, and one stop light and I would catch the red light 100/100 times. It is what it is. These last two years have been incredibly trying and I've prayed more than I ever have. Like wide awake, middle of the night unable to sleep because the weight of everything was just killin me. Finally, I caught myself a break or two and things are looking up. I still pray often. I can't say that there was a moment that the skys opened up and the big man said "no worries", but I do believe it was his will. He pushed me and laid it on, I maintained my faith and was rewarded.

I'll probably be flamed because it's no longer hip and cool to be religious, but so be it.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 9:14:24 PM EDT
[#26]
Because it is a story adopted by Christianity.  Been done before.  It's not real.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 9:14:53 PM EDT
[#27]
You have to be looking for him.  Even as a believer.

That is until He comes again, then there will be a whole bunch of people saying, "ohhh F..."

Link Posted: 4/20/2016 9:15:00 PM EDT
[#28]
Serious question. Why doesn't the bible address the existence of Dinosaurs?
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 9:15:27 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Why doesn't Christ reveal Himself to everyone?

This is a question that a lot of people ask.  

What do some of the Christians and non-Christians here believe is the reason?
View Quote

One possibility is that he does not exist.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 9:18:26 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Who's to say that when Jesus takes human form again, he won't be a hippy surfer? Or a middle easterner again, a black man, or even a woman?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Maybe it would destroy his reputation of how he's hung.

Or maybe people will freak out when they see he doesn't look like a California hippy, surfer, stoner.

Who's to say that when Jesus takes human form again, he won't be a hippy surfer? Or a middle easterner again, a black man, or even a woman?

Jesus, a tranny??? Better get those transgender restrooms installed everywhere, or Jesus will be pissed.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 9:18:54 PM EDT
[#31]
He is God. He doesn't need to do anything and you don't rate to ask him. He died for all our sorry asses and yet we still ask more of him. What more does he have to do? He could walk up to you right now in human form, heal someone right in front of you and you still wouldn't believe it anyway.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 9:20:04 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Good thread,

View Quote

God is the God of second, third, fourth....and beyond chances.

Remember when Peter asked Jesus how many times he should forgive his brother?  Peter asked, "Seven times?"  Jesus said "Seven times seventy."

Read the story of the prodigal son -

Luke 15
11 ¶ And he said, A certain man had two sons:
12 And the younger of them said to his father, Father, give me the portion of goods that falleth to me. And he divided unto them his living.
13 And not many days after the younger son gathered all together, and took his journey into a far country, and there wasted his substance with riotous living.
14 And when he had spent all, there arose a mighty famine in that land; and he began to be in want.
15 And he went and joined himself to a citizen of that country; and he sent him into his fields to feed swine.
16 And he would fain have filled his belly with the husks that the swine did eat: and no man gave unto him.
17 And when he came to himself, he said, How many hired servants of my father’s have bread enough and to spare, and I perish with hunger!
18 I will arise and go to my father, and will say unto him, Father, I have sinned against heaven, and before thee,
19 And am no more worthy to be called thy son: make me as one of thy hired servants.
20 And he arose, and came to his father. But when he was yet a great way off, his father saw him, and had compassion, and ran, and fell on his neck, and kissed him.
21 And the son said unto him, Father, I have sinned against heaven, and in thy sight, and am no more worthy to be called thy son.
22 But the father said to his servants, Bring forth the best robe, and put it on him; and put a ring on his hand, and shoes on his feet:
23 And bring hither the fatted calf, and kill it; and let us eat, and be merry:
24 For this my son was dead, and is alive again; he was lost, and is found. And they began to be merry.
25 Now his elder son was in the field: and as he came and drew nigh to the house, he heard musick and dancing.
26 And he called one of the servants, and asked what these things meant.
27 And he said unto him, Thy brother is come; and thy father hath killed the fatted calf, because he hath received him safe and sound.
28 And he was angry, and would not go in: therefore came his father out, and intreated him.
29 And he answering said to his father, Lo, these many years do I serve thee, neither transgressed I at any time thy commandment: and yet thou never gavest me a kid, that I might make merry with my friends:
30 But as soon as this thy son was come, which hath devoured thy living with harlots, thou hast killed for him the fatted calf.
31 And he said unto him, Son, thou art ever with me, and all that I have is thine.
32 It was meet that we should make merry, and be glad: for this thy brother was dead, and is alive again; and was lost, and is found.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 9:20:35 PM EDT
[#33]
Matthew 13:15
For this people's heart has become calloused; they hardly hear with their ears, and they have closed their eyes. Otherwise they might see with their eyes, hear with their ears, understand with their hearts and turn, and I would heal them.'

Jeremiah 17:9
The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?

Romans 1:19-21
…19because that which is known about God is evident within them; for God made it evident to them. 20For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen, being understood through what has been made, so that they are without excuse. 21For even though they knew God, they did not honor Him as God or give thanks, but they became futile in their speculations, and their foolish heart was darkened.…
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 9:23:29 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
People still wouldn't believe.  "Blessed are those who have not seen, and believed".... "Even if these stones cried out they would not believe"
View Quote

I believe, wife does also, we give thanks every day--- go to Church every Sunday. It is a choice in life for us----we believe in Christ.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 9:23:53 PM EDT
[#35]
Did Jesus only reveal himself in that Bronze Age, Middle Eastern shithole?

Are there tales of a Middle Eastern hippie turning water into wine and healing the sick in ancient China?
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 9:23:53 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
He's got better shit to do.  
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/20/2016 9:24:06 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
God only wants people with him, who are indeed with him.

If Jesus just showed up, fixed everything, then who wouldn't believe in him?
View Quote

And why would that be a bad thing? If "God wants people with him, who are indeed with him," wouldn't making himself known cause a whole lot more people to really be "with him"?
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 9:24:37 PM EDT
[#38]
I see it this way:

scripture often speaks of "mysteries."

We are not meant to understand everything in this imperfect world.  The leap of faith is just that: a leap in the absence of "proof" as we see it.

But I also think of it rationally/logically: if there is a higher being capable of all that the trinity has done - how are we mere mortals supposed to understand that?  

Imagine trying to explain the laws of physics to an ant: it can't be done.  The ant lacks the capacity to understand.

Somethings I just take on faith.  The Savior will reveal himself to me in good time; in this world or the next.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 9:26:38 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
It's called having faith, not having proof.
View Quote

This sadly is how liberals and gun control works...

Link Posted: 4/20/2016 9:27:41 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

No sir, He is Risen
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
He is dead.

No sir, He is Risen

Thankfully, the Romans didn't know about head shots
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 9:27:45 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Did Jesus only reveal himself in that Bronze Age, Middle Eastern shithole?

Are there tales of a Middle Eastern hippie turning water into wine and healing the sick in ancient China?
View Quote

No. He was doing it yesterday, today, and right now, all over the world.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 9:28:11 PM EDT
[#42]
Why would he?
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 9:31:04 PM EDT
[#43]
Look up at the stars on a clear night some time while you're in the middle of nowhere.  Or watch the sun coming up over a rice field in AR during duck season.

These are two of the incomprehensible number of examples.  Just find some time to sit quietly and open your eyes.  You'll see.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 9:31:49 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

It's called having faith, not having proof.

No not really. Faith is not at all the same as feel good liberalism. It's pretty much the opposite.

Link Posted: 4/20/2016 9:32:20 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
The whole free will thing...believe or not, it's your choice.
View Quote

I disagree that it's a choice. In my observation and experience, one either believes, or does not believe, but there is no choosing to do one or the other.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 9:34:08 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Predestination, duh
View Quote
I don't buy the Calvinism thing.  The predestination spoken about in the Bible, I believe, is directed toward Christians who have made a choice to believe.  Not because they were part of an elect.  We all have free will, I believe.  There are many examples in the Bible.  There is in fact a whole book named Jonah that describes free will pretty good.  

In order for there to be an elect class that is chosen, there has to be a class of not chosen.  That goes completely against scripture.  The whole predestination thing, is written in a context that would apply those who have chosen to believe as a whole.  

Christ will reveal himself to you if you want to believe.  It may be more difficult to those who need proof.  Christ died for everybody's sins, not just Christian's sins, all that is required is you believe and have faith in him.  

John 3:16.  

Do you see the air that you are breathing?  How do you know it's there?  

I have never seen Christ in person, but I know he is there.  

It's ok if others don't believe.  But he is REALLY available if you want.  And you will KNOW it if you choose him.  
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 9:35:42 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I don't buy the Calvinism thing.  The predestination spoken about in the Bible, I believe, is directed toward Christians who have made a choice to believe.  Not because they were part of an elect.  We all have free will, I believe.  There are many examples in the Bible.  There is in fact a whole book named Jonah that describes free will pretty good.  

In order for there to be an elect class that is chosen, there has to be a class of not chosen.  That goes completely against scripture.  The whole predestination thing, is written in a context that would apply those who have chosen to believe as a whole.  

Christ will reveal himself to you if you want to believe.  It may be more difficult to those who need proof.  Christ died for everybody's sins, not just Christian's sins, all that is required is you believe and have faith in him.  

It's ok if others don't believe.  But he is REALLY available if you want. And you will KNOW it if you choose him.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Predestination, duh

It's ok if others don't believe.  But he is REALLY available if you want. And you will KNOW it if you choose him.  

Yes. You sure will.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 9:35:43 PM EDT
[#48]
Serious question. Why doesn't the bible address the existence of Dinosaurs? Asked three times and no one cares to answer?
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 9:36:42 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
So does anyone think that our life on Earth is a test?
View Quote

That would seem contradicted by the idea of an omniscient deity. Since he would know how/what every person would do throughout their life, there would be no need to conduct a test.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 9:37:09 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Maybe He does.
View Quote

This.  

Plus there's the "Whatsoever you do for the least of my people" aspect of meeting Christ too.
Page / 24
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top