Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 6
Link Posted: 11/26/2022 7:28:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Because the politicians and advisors in the executive branch told them to focus on it.  Simple as that.
Link Posted: 11/26/2022 7:28:55 PM EDT
[#2]
The ATF only hires the kind of people who don't just hate guns, that hate us. Personally.

And they want to make us unhappy.

Which I understand, I wish to make liberals unhappy too.
Link Posted: 11/26/2022 7:30:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
They are assholes who hate freedom.
View Quote

It's also easier to oppress middle class productive members of society than go after dangerous criminal parasites.

Much safer too.  

Link Posted: 11/26/2022 7:31:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Because it spites them. It proves the SBR registry shit, it just shit.

It was never about “safety” it was about control spawned by ignorance.
Link Posted: 11/26/2022 7:37:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

It's also easier to oppress middle class productive members of society than go after dangerous criminal parasites.

Much safer too.  

View Quote

The ATF a can also get a lot bigger publicity boost if they bust a “normal guy living in the suburbs with an arsenal” than if they just put another gang banger away for 10 years
Link Posted: 11/26/2022 7:40:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Just the latest restriction.

As soon as they get braces, they go after something else.
And then something else.
And then something else.
And then something else.

Until it’s ALL gone.

They could literally not care less about the $200 — they’ll never run out of money to oppress — tax stamp or no tax stamp.
Link Posted: 11/26/2022 8:01:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Defund (as in zero fund) the BTAFE!  
View Quote

Republicans will get right on that, lol
Link Posted: 11/26/2022 8:21:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Shit like this didn’t help.

https://i.imgur.com/4jj3P6U.jpg
View Quote

Oh no, don’t make masta’ mad.  He might whip us more than usual.
Link Posted: 11/26/2022 8:24:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

Looks like we’re about to get whipped pretty good.
Link Posted: 11/26/2022 8:28:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Because they are SBR's.
View Quote

So why did they approve them? Then also say shouldering them was ok?

So they could catchup a bunch of people in the future?
Link Posted: 11/26/2022 8:32:01 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cracking down on braces is a major strategic error for them.  The braces by definition were an acknowledgment of the legality of the GCA.  Yeah yeah they were a work around but they were also a polite nod to the fact that people just couldn’t put stocks on anything.  And people were still paying the $200 to SBR stuff.  Now, ATF is basically telling people there is no way to be assured that what they do complies with federal law as enforced by that agency.  And that people might as well follow the marijuana model of scofflawing (if they’re even aware of this new rule).  

Link Posted: 11/26/2022 8:35:31 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Why are you mad at the ATF but not the guy that directed them to do it.

View Quote
They were just following orders.
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 11/26/2022 8:37:15 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
It's an obvious circumvention over the intention of the restrictions of Short Barreled Rifles.

It's a circumvention I agree with, but it's quite obvious that's why they are upset.

Basically, industry outmaneuvered CGA, the ATF doesn't like that.

Net net it's good for us, as it's about to redpill a bunch of people on the inherent nature of these unelected agencies.

Even if you follow the rules, they can still fuck you. For years, the gun community thought they could get away with cucking to the arbitrary rules. People arguing with each other on the internet over 922r, etc.

https://media.tenor.com/1TvCFfEd2wwAAAAd/anton-chigurh-rule.gif
View Quote

I’ve never once thought about 922r. Ever.
Link Posted: 11/26/2022 8:37:40 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Pistol braces are low hanging fruit, just like forced-reset triggers, "solvent traps", and bump stocks.

They can make the case that the devices were specifically designed to exploit loopholes in the way their regulations are written, and aren't protected by the 2nd Amendment.

They've essentially been told to go after anything they can ban without creating a fuss or needing a law passed by Congress.  If they were actually concerned about getting rid of items used by criminals, they'd be putting all their effort into hunting down the manufacturers and sellers of Glock FA conversion backplates since that's the new ghetto fabulous gun accessory, but that would require actual police work instead of banning shit widely used by law-abiding citizens.
View Quote

They are working Glock switches pretty hard.
Link Posted: 11/26/2022 8:37:48 PM EDT
[#15]
CUNTS
U
N
T
S
Link Posted: 11/26/2022 8:38:10 PM EDT
[#16]
Because they hate freedom.
Link Posted: 11/26/2022 8:39:01 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Cracking down on braces is a major strategic error for them.  The braces by definition were an acknowledgment of the legality of the GCA.  Yeah yeah they were a work around but they were also a polite nod to the fact that people just couldn’t put stocks on anything.  And people were still paying the $200 to SBR stuff.  Now, ATF is basically telling people there is no way to be assured that what they do complies with federal law as enforced by that agency.  And that people might as well follow the marijuana model of scofflawing (if they’re even aware of this new rule).  

View Quote

I understand your logic, but I disagree it’s an error for them. Most gun owners will simply comply with the new rules. People will talk tough in the internet, but most will just pull their braces or register their pistols as SBRs.

Link Posted: 11/26/2022 8:40:49 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 11/26/2022 8:42:50 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I don’t know how anyone who works for the ATF, IRS, EPA or other agency whose sole role is enforcement of bullshit laws where the only purpose is to restrict the rights of others and/or take their hard earned money that they know with certainty the gov’t will waste.

But then again, I consider myself a somewhat decent person and also like to think I’m not mentally defective to the point where I believe such roles/agencies are necessary and/or doing some kind of good in this world.
View Quote

There is a certain generation that has been trained to go along and follow the rules no matter what they think of them.

I had my dem uncle say RvW should stand JUST because it has been that way for so long.
I am constantly told by passengers that I drive over the speed limit and its dangerous. But none of them can tell me how speed limits came to be.

We need to change back into a country that challenges everything and pushes back against bullshit we don’t want.
Link Posted: 11/26/2022 8:45:36 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I understand your logic, but I disagree it’s an error for them. Most gun owners will simply comply with the new rules. People will talk tough in the internet, but most will just pull their braces or register their pistols as SBRs.

View Quote

I agree that most gun owners won’t be posting photos of their braced guns on the internet.
Link Posted: 11/26/2022 8:46:46 PM EDT
[#21]
1. Because braces are clearly nothing more than a way to have an SBR without following the NFA. It's amazing they were ever approved in the first place. SBRs shouldn't be on the NFA, but they are. And until our supposedly pro-gun politicians do anything to take them off the NFA, it's silly to expect the ATF to ignore the fact that people are using braces to skirt the law.

2. Because the proliferation of "not-SBRs" has trickled down to the criminal class and a lot of braced rifles are showing up in crimes (and yes, they are less concealable than a handgun, but they are far more lethal than a handgun while being more concealable than a full size rifle).
Link Posted: 11/26/2022 8:47:58 PM EDT
[#22]
It’s a power trip. They want dominion over you.

It’s all about control, and that’s it.
Link Posted: 11/26/2022 8:49:51 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

This. It's not about making a meaningful impact on violent crime. It's about you daring to defy their interpretation of the law.
Link Posted: 11/26/2022 8:50:17 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Because they’d miss out on the tax stamp revenue for an SBR
View Quote

They don’t give a shit about $200. The Government spends Trillions and Trillions of Dollars it hasn’t even printed yet.

It’s about Government control OF YOU.

For years ATF said, in writing, that “pistol braces” were perfectly legal. So much so, that even the most straight-laced, NON risk taking, gun-owning Citizens joined the braced-pistol phenomenon. Now that millions of law-abiding Citizens have spent their money (POST-tax income) and are in possession of their legally acquired property, the Government changes their mind and will soon declare what was legally being produced, marketed, sold and in-use to be illegal, thus creating FELONS from thin air out of millions of previously law-abiding Citizens whom have harmed nobody. THAT was the goal. Now they can kick your door in at anytime they want with great confidence that they will find “the evidence” they need to “lawfully” destroy your life while the mainstream media applauds their efforts to “get illegal guns off the streets” and stop YOU!

BTW- They don’t want your “compliance” either. They want you to always be guilty of something.
Link Posted: 11/26/2022 8:51:43 PM EDT
[#25]
Something to do about sucking cock.
Link Posted: 11/26/2022 9:03:58 PM EDT
[#26]
I think its the fact that it allows many the freedom of a carry pistol but in a centrefire rifle cartridge.

Interstate travel, handgun repricocity, carrying loaded etc

Thats a lot of freedom. And they do not like freedom.
Link Posted: 11/26/2022 9:06:05 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Because they’d miss out on the tax stamp revenue for an SBR
View Quote

No, not even a concern.  I am sure the fed govt would much prefer to do away with all NFA in exchange for giving up relatively insignificant revenue as compared to fed budget.
Link Posted: 11/26/2022 9:06:11 PM EDT
[#28]
If they were in the world of 'Man in the High Tower' they'd happily be running around with SS on their collars and liquidating every pesky American their masters told them to. They're about as unamerican as one could be.
Link Posted: 11/26/2022 9:07:06 PM EDT
[#29]
They are not getting their 200 bucks.
Link Posted: 11/26/2022 9:11:37 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

It has nothing to do with money.

They could give a shit about money. If they wanted more revenue they would streamline the NFA process to maximize transactions.

It's about power.

They made a rule. People operated in a way that circumvented the intent of the rule while still following the rule.

They don't like that.
View Quote

This guy gets it.

Fuck the ATF.
Link Posted: 11/26/2022 9:12:18 PM EDT
[#31]
Because they want to create as many criminals as possible to justify their existence.

If you reward them with compliance this will never ever stop.

They probably had this in mind when they allowed pistol braces onto the market 10 years ago.

Link Posted: 11/26/2022 9:19:54 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

See all the whining about 'loopholes' whenever this happens.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It has nothing to do with money.

They could give a shit about money. If they wanted more revenue they would streamline the NFA process to maximize transactions.

It's about power.

They made a rule. People operated in a way that circumvented the intent of the rule while still following the rule.

They don't like that.

See all the whining about 'loopholes' whenever this happens.

There should not be any loops in the red tape to exploit the holes to.

The red tape itself is unconstitutional.
Link Posted: 11/26/2022 9:24:53 PM EDT
[#33]
They are little dick betas who have a hard on for fucking with regular people.
They got beat up for their milk money in grade school.
They think they are elites, and they think they are important.
Link Posted: 11/26/2022 9:42:04 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Third option.

Control. They want the $200 for the tax stamp but want to control who has them and want a registry.
View Quote
Yep. "You will respect my authority"
Link Posted: 11/26/2022 10:03:39 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

Because neither have the ability to make laws yet one of them is trying to.
Link Posted: 11/26/2022 10:11:18 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Yep. "You will respect my authority"
View Quote

And if I don't recognize the "authority"?

Kinda has to be recognized to be respected.
Link Posted: 11/26/2022 10:23:42 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote

lol TDS

see flair

Link Posted: 11/26/2022 10:28:41 PM EDT
[#38]
Because the Left and the gun banners hate them and the Justice Department is their wholly-owned subsidiary. Braces are just a part of their hate list.

https://d3n8a8pro7vhmx.cloudfront.net/firearmspolicycoalition/pages/3548/attachments/original/1510786367/Giffords-Lethal-and-Legal.pdf?1510786367
Link Posted: 11/26/2022 10:35:45 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
There shouldn't be a regulatory agency for the 2nd amendment anymore than there should not be one for the 1st amendment.

The entire agency needs to be struck down by the SC. Shall not be infringed.
View Quote

QFTT
Link Posted: 11/26/2022 10:36:10 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
They don’t give a shit about $200. The Government spends Trillions and Trillions of Dollars it hasn’t even printed yet.

It’s about Government control OF YOU.

For years ATF said, in writing, that “pistol braces” were perfectly legal. So much so, that even the most straight-laced, NON risk taking, gun-owning Citizens joined the braced-pistol phenomenon. Now that millions of law-abiding Citizens have spent their money (POST-tax income) and are in possession of their legally acquired property, the Government changes their mind and will soon declare what was legally being produced, marketed, sold and in-use to be illegal, thus creating FELONS from thin air out of millions of previously law-abiding Citizens whom have harmed nobody. THAT was the goal. Now they can kick your door in at anytime they want with great confidence that they will find “the evidence” they need to “lawfully” destroy your life while the mainstream media applauds their efforts to “get illegal guns off the streets” and stop YOU!

BTW- They don’t want your “compliance” either. They want you to always be guilty of something.
View Quote

Yes, this is going to be a shit show of epic proportions. They are literally creating millions of felons with the stroke of a pen...
Link Posted: 11/26/2022 10:36:33 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 11/26/2022 11:12:30 PM EDT
[#42]
FAFTs whole purpose is to disarm The People under Color of Law, using Statutes that on their face are wholly Constitutional
Link Posted: 11/26/2022 11:14:37 PM EDT
[#43]
Bottom fucking line is simple- it was tested by FATF, it was approved, it was looked at, analyzed, tested from 1,000 different angles. It was ruled LEGAL. Period, full fucking stop. END OF DISCUSSION.

To come back, YEARS  later, and arbitrarily declare them SBRs is ILLEGAL. Period.

It's like the government said "hey, you can totally have a car with 600 HP. We're good, we analyzed cars with that much power, we determine them safe to drive. Go crazy."

And then, years later, after telling us for YEARS that cars that were that powerful are safe to drive, and LEGAL...well no, they actually aren't. And if you don't sell your 600 HP beast, well, you're fucked, cause we said so.

Fuck them and their rules. Bunch of pencil dick, paper pushing, cock slurping slack jawed faggots.
Link Posted: 11/26/2022 11:16:55 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote

Quoted:
It's just the next stepping stone.
View Quote

Quoted:
Gotta ph*c with people to prove they're impotent.
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/26/2022 11:17:08 PM EDT
[#45]
Takes away from their stamp profits
Link Posted: 11/26/2022 11:51:59 PM EDT
[#46]
A tyrannical joke
Link Posted: 11/27/2022 1:07:44 AM EDT
[#47]
They want to take away your firearms incrementally. The Camel's Nose in the tent...

Canada is the current testing ground. They don't have a 2nd Amendment but a lot of our politicians don't think that we do either.

Link Posted: 11/27/2022 1:22:16 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Concealable - NO, handguns are much more concealable.

Accuracy - No, a longer barrel with a stock makes for much better accuracy.

Deadlier - No, they aren't even in the running for types of guns used in deadly shootings.

So, it's either 1; they want the 200 bux revenue, OR 2: They are just fucking assholes.

I'm going with No.2

View Quote

Because they are and always have been a way of getting around an unconstitutional law.

Why is this a hard concept?
Link Posted: 11/27/2022 1:26:04 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
The velocity loss is pretty severe from 20" to 16.5" to 12" barrel.
https://rifleshooter.com/2015/12/223-remington-5-56mm-nato-barrel-length-and-velocity-26-inches-to-6-inches/

Why? I mean for certain reasons a shorter barrel could be ok, but for infantry work? I won't even mention the muzzle flash and report.

This does not mean that I support the ATF's bullshit at all. I just question the practicality of rolling with a 12" barrel in a rural area. A bit off topic maybe, but this is arfcom.
View Quote

Oh no... does this mean we need to have the 12" 6.5 Grendel argument again?
Link Posted: 11/27/2022 1:26:41 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

"Designed and intended to be fired from the shoulder"

SB Tactical, etc, say  their products aren't designed or intended for firing from the shoulder.

Kharn
View Quote

That's real retarded sir.
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top