+infinity

and 1

another +1

we aren't evolving, are we?
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 8:45:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 9:00:35 PM EDT
[#4]
To advance the "neighbor" analogy a step further...

Remember, in this particular case the neighbor who has actively threatened the life of another neighbor has a history of violence in the form of taking someone's kids hostage for a year and a half.

-Gator
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 9:08:08 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
because we don't give machine guns to anyone.  It requires passing a background check.

Iran has failed the background check and don't get nukes.  Sorry.  Talk to the ATF

what he is saying is how most here support the deregulation of machine guns to normal Title I status, i.e. go through an FFL or FTF transfer. What if you haven't commited a crime but plan to, you could technically still get machine guns; as with Iran, they haven't attacked Israel...yet, but if we gave them nukes, they certainly have a good chance of doing so.

And if you plan to commit a crime with a machine gun, are you really going to bother getting yourself fingerprinted, waiting 6 months to be approved, get a leo's signature, and paying several times the price for a legal one?  

Or are you just going to get a parts kit, a mini-mill, and build your own?  

You don't even need that, read the Expediant Firearm. Heres the authors website: thehomegunsmith.com/
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 9:08:43 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

you are making pretty big assumptions, there are plenty of people who commit murder as their first crime of any kind(crimes of passion, e.g. people gunning down their offices). As Iran as a nation hasn't been declared "insane" yet, they should be allowed to get whatever they want, and they definitely would pass a nation level version of the form 4473 as they haven't:

1) attacked Israel or disobeyed rules of war
2) shown to be led by mentally insane rulers(this will change soon, the current leader is a quack).

Just go back to DU kthx bye
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 9:11:26 PM EDT
[#7]
In a nutshell, because we're not batshit crazy fundamentalist Muslims.  Well, most of us aren't.

I don't think Iran should have machineguns, either.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 7:19:43 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

they haven't even said they want nuclear weapons, they have maintained that they just want nuclear power, and they haven't said they would nuke Israel, or even made threatening gestures, beyond saying that the holocaust was a myth.

You haven't provided any proof that they even intend to use the weapons, for all we know they just want them to put themselves in a place of power in the region, not to be bullied anymore by the West. I guess national sovereignty is good unless the nation happens to be one that you don't like.

You do not know what the hell you are talking about. Are you really that dense... of course they say they are not going tp produce weapons just like Pakistan did and North Korea does… are you dumb enough to believe that lie. As much as I believe the lie that wiretapping won't be used against US civilians placing domestic calls. I view every nation with nukes as a general threat to world peace and stability; however, what is good for the goose is good for the gander, if we have nukes, so should Iran and whoever else wants them. I am a-okay with us destroying those countries before they have nukes, but I do think that Iran does have the right to have nukes, as MAD doctrine only works when more than one party in a region has the means to eliminate millions of people in a second.

Iran has said Israel should be burned off the face of the earth only an idiot cannot understand what that means. hey, I feel that Israel has been a huge disservice to the West in general because it serves as a focusing point for all Arab and anti-US aggression in the world; any nation that was founded on terrorism by its members shouldn't exist either, which is why I don't think Palestine should become a nation until they become civilized.

Their intent is clear to all but idiot children. oh really, what have Pakistan and North Korea done with their nukes.... oh yeah, nothing, and N. Korea has repeatedly used nukes as a bargaining chip with the West. I am not afraid of anyone besides terrorist groups having nukes, because no country would use a nuke against another country with nukes unless they were suicidal.

Link Posted: 1/25/2006 7:22:01 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Almost everyone on this board supports gun ownership.  And most support reducing restrictions on ownership of machineguns.

If you lived in a bad neighborhood, and all the people around you had guns, wouldn't you want one?  Seeing as how you post on arfcom and own guns, I guess 100% should answer yes.

Now, if you lived in a bad neighborhood, and all your neighbors had nukes, wouldn't you want nukes too?  Isreal, Russia, Pakistan and China all have nukes, and the US isn't a neighbor but is certainly a presence in the Middle East.  All have nuclear weapons and could use them against Iran.  So shouldn't Iran be allowed to have nuclear weapons to defend themselves, just as we should be able to have guns if we live in a shitty neighborhood?

The fact is, both civilian machine gun ownership, and the possession of nukes by other countries, both weaken the United States government.  That's why they are dead set against the proliferation of both.  North Korea went nuclear and guess what, we don't push them around anymore.  The world took note and that has probably driven Iran's nuclear ambition more than anything else.  

Too...Stupid........blood vessels in brain bursting.......must...........ssra...................
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 7:25:14 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 7:26:41 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:
they haven't even said they want nuclear weapons, they have maintained that they just want nuclear power, and they haven't said they would nuke Israel, or even made threatening gestures, beyond saying that the holocaust was a myth.

Are you honestly that gullible and or stupid.  Iranian diplomats themselves car barely keep from giggling when they deliver that line, and EVERYONE knows that they want the weapons.  It is a fact, not an assumption.  Plus, they have refused ANY deal that would GIVE them the technology and ability to generate nuclear power and develop nuclear technology, with the only restriction that they could NOT keep the enriched fuel that can only be used for weapons. key problem, the same technology used to enrich uranium ore for nuclear weapons is the same technology used to enrich uranium to a point that it can actually be used in a controlled fission reaction. Unless they are producing plutonium breeder reactors(which there is no evidence they are doing that), they have little possibility of getting any nuke off the ground.

And - they have repeatedly called for the destruction of the State of Israel.  Did you miss that, somehow?

You haven't provided any proof that they even intend to use the weapons, for all we know they just want them to put themselves in a place of power in the region, not to be bullied anymore by the West. I guess national sovereignty is good unless the nation happens to be one that you don't like.

That's a bogus argument.  Was there any PROOF that the U.S. really, honestly, seriously 100% INTENDED to use the atom bomb, right up to the point when they actually used it?? you bring up an interesting point, the U.S. was the only nation to ever use a nuclear device against its enemies. If Iran wants to nuke Israel, let them try, it would be utter suicide. If you think I feel that Israel should sit around and let them build nukes, I don't; I think that Iran has the right to build nukes, and I also feel that any country has the right to defend themselves by preventing a group of people that they feel is their enemy from obtaining a means to destroy them.

Come on, that's a nonsensical argument right there.  

Link Posted: 1/25/2006 7:28:03 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
By your analogy, letting Iran have nukes would be like letting a street-gang have MGs and not be bound by NFA rules.

Yep.

If Iran had a shred of credibility I wouldn't mind so much.

Nuke's also can't be used for recreational activities
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 7:30:15 AM EDT
[#13]
After Iran nukes the US we are going to need those machineguns for the anarchy and chaos in the aftermath.

The nuclear standoff with Russia was mostly based on differences in politics, territorial issues and fear one would attack the other.

Iran is different. They have a religious based leadership. A religion that promotes the killing of others for various reasons.  They have twisted thier religion into a radicalized form that emphasizes the thought that Allah mandates that they kill the infidels.  They have followed through on this reasoning by promoting terrorism around the world, mostly at Isreal.

And now they are close to getting the 'bomb'.  I for one, have no doubt that they will try to use it.

They believe Allah commands that they do.    It's the perfect excuse.

Link Posted: 1/25/2006 8:37:12 AM EDT
[#14]
Iran is never going to get nukes. Iran getting nuked is whole different thing.

Link Posted: 1/25/2006 9:06:12 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You do not know what the hell you are talking about. Are you really that dense... of course they say they are not going tp produce weapons just like Pakistan did and North Korea does… are you dumb enough to believe that lie. As much as I believe the lie that wiretapping won't be used against US civilians placing domestic calls. I view every nation with nukes as a general threat to world peace and stability; however, what is good for the goose is good for the gander, if we have nukes, so should Iran and whoever else wants them. I am a-okay with us destroying those countries before they have nukes, but I do think that Iran does have the right to have nukes, as MAD doctrine only works when more than one party in a region has the means to eliminate millions of people in a second.

Iran has said Israel should be burned off the face of the earth only an idiot cannot understand what that means. hey, I feel that Israel has been a huge disservice to the West in general because it serves as a focusing point for all Arab and anti-US aggression in the world; any nation that was founded on terrorism by its members shouldn't exist either, which is why I don't think Palestine should become a nation until they become civilized.

Their intent is clear to all but idiot children. oh really, what have Pakistan and North Korea done with their nukes.... oh yeah, nothing, and N. Korea has repeatedly used nukes as a bargaining chip with the West. I am not afraid of anyone besides terrorist groups having nukes, because no country would use a nuke against another country with nukes unless they were suicidal.

How many suicidal attacks have ROP'ers carried out

Link Posted: 1/25/2006 9:11:35 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

How many suicidal attacks have ROP'ers carried out

I doubt that a country would commit suicide. Plus, Iran is Shi`a, majority(actually almost 100%) of suicide bombers are Sunni.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 9:18:00 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Almost everyone on this board supports gun ownership.  And most support reducing restrictions on ownership of machineguns.

If you lived in a bad neighborhood, and all the people around you had guns, wouldn't you want one?  Seeing as how you post on arfcom and own guns, I guess 100% should answer yes.

Now, if you lived in a bad neighborhood, and all your neighbors had nukes, wouldn't you want nukes too?  Isreal, Russia, Pakistan and China all have nukes, and the US isn't a neighbor but is certainly a presence in the Middle East.  All have nuclear weapons and could use them against Iran.  So shouldn't Iran be allowed to have nuclear weapons to defend themselves, just as we should be able to have guns if we live in a shitty neighborhood?

The fact is, both civilian machine gun ownership, and the possession of nukes by other countries, both weaken the United States government.  That's why they are dead set against the proliferation of both.  North Korea went nuclear and guess what, we don't push them around anymore.  The world took note and that has probably driven Iran's nuclear ambition more than anything else.  

This post makes baby Jesus cry.

Funniest post I've read all day! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 9:20:12 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Damn!  What is with the idiotic "Iran should have nukes" threads?

DU, skinheads, muslims, and other idiots are trolling the forums again?
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 9:35:57 AM EDT
[#19]

apples, meet oranges...

as an aside, it tends to be governments that start wars, NOT people.

Link Posted: 1/25/2006 3:48:11 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
In a nutshell, because we're not batshit crazy fundamentalist Muslims.  Well, most of us aren't.

Actually a large segment of the population of the US would call us batshit crazy religious fundamentalist.

Many have openly expressed thier desire, will, or preparations to overthrow the government, violently if neccessary.  They seem to worship at the alter of 1776 and proclaim they want to refresh Jefferson's tree of liberty.  

The enlightened liberals say we aren't stable enough to own machine guns.  

Just like us englightened Westerners are saying Iran isn't stable enough to own nukes.  

FWIW North Korea was/still is considered crazy and we didn't stop them from getting nukes.  What's to stop them from throwing one at Japan?  

edit- not a DUer, a neo nazi, nor a muslim apoligist.  More of an old conservative, one who believes in minding thier own business untill they get attacked.    
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 5:26:44 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Actually a large segment of the population of the US would call us batshit crazy religious fundamentalist.

Many have openly expressed thier desire, will, or preparations to overthrow the government, violently if neccessary.  They seem to worship at the alter of 1776 and proclaim they want to refresh Jefferson's tree of liberty.  Is this what makes us "batshit crazy religious fundamentalist?"

Just like us englightened Westerners are saying Iran isn't stable enough to own nukes.  

FWIW North Korea was/still is considered crazy and we didn't stop them from getting nukes.  What's to stop them from throwing one at Japan?  

edit- not a DUer, a neo nazi, nor a muslim apoligist.  More of an old conservative, one who believes in minding thier own business untill they get attacked.    

The idea that the people can overthrow a tyrannical government is based upon the idea that government exists of the people (made up of the people and represent them), by the people (derive all of its power from the people), and for the people (exist only to serve those people and protect their rights).  This country was supposedly founded partly on that idea.

Or do you believe the founders were "batshit crazy" for seceding from England?
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 5:29:33 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Many have openly expressed thier desire, will, or preparations to overthrow the government, violently if neccessary.  They seem to worship at the alter of 1776 and proclaim they want to refresh Jefferson's tree of liberty.  

The difference is the "batshit crazy" people are in accordance with the founders of the country. The liberals aren't.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 5:33:55 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Because if I had a MG I wouldn't run out and immediately hose the neighborhood with it.

Exactly!

Nor would you let your buddies "borrow" one to use one someone who doesn't subscribe to your religion.

I think this point is well enough stated without digging into the history of the Israeli-Arab brouhaha. Enough said.

Andrew
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 5:36:08 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 5:36:48 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

If you lived in a bad neighborhood, and all the people around you had guns, wouldn't you want one?  Seeing as how you post on arfcom and own guns, I guess 100% should answer yes.Except for you, so it can't be 100%.

Now, if you lived in a bad neighborhood, and all your neighbors had nukes, wouldn't you want nukes too?  Isreal, Russia, Pakistan and China all have nukes, and the US isn't a neighbor but is certainly a presence in the Middle East.  All have nuclear weapons and could use them against Iran.  So shouldn't Iran be allowed to have nuclear weapons to defend themselvesIran has already promised to attack Israel if they get 'the bomb', so no, Iran won't be allowed to play with the the rest of the world, just as we should be able to have guns if we live in a shitty neighborhood?

The fact is, both civilian machine gun ownership, and the possession of nukes by other countries, both weaken the United States government.And your possession of a keyboard is a threat to my intelligence  That's why they are dead set against the proliferation of both.An MG is just a touch different than a nuke in the world that I live in..  North Korea went nuclear and guess what, we don't push them around anymoreWe didn't push them around before. If you would have paid attention in history, you would recall that North Korea, with the help of China and Russia, tried to push South Korea around. We have not tried to topple NK.  The world took note and that has probably driven Iran's nuclear ambition more than anything else. NK is led by a loon, who might have a bomb, so of course the world is gonna take note, just like if a gang banger moved in next to me, I'd take note

DU seems to have lost another one of it's village idiots...

Andrew
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 5:55:51 PM EDT
[#26]

Maybe you are not ready for the adult world.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 6:07:44 PM EDT
[#27]
I support the ownership of firearms in this country because int the end, we are a country of laws, and punishment for infraction of those laws.  Iran is a country, that want's nukes so that it can bully the rest of the world.  Also, a nuke can kill many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many more people than a gun can, or even a machine gun.  Having a nuke in a poor country that has no oversight, and no reason not to sell nukes to other countries, has possible ties to terrorism (it's in the right area with the correct religion, so I won't rule it out).  The reason Iran wants nukes is so that the US won't invade.

Do I support gun ownership? Yes.  Do I support gun ownership by someone who has prooven themselves to be a threat to others? NO!  So I guess this answers why I am against Iran needing nukes....they are the red headed stepchild that got thrown in jail for "bustin a cap in someone's fat ass."
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 6:18:09 PM EDT
[#28]
I like fogging up mirrors, and would like to do so for a long time.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 6:25:12 PM EDT
[#29]
Because the US constitution doesn't have an amendment which protects Iran's right to own nuclear weapons.

DUH!
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 6:27:39 PM EDT
[#30]
Oh, I forgot to mention this:  The .gov's job is not to protect Iran's right to do shit, it's job is protecting American's from Iran doing shit to Americans.  Here in the big boy world, some people don't like other people enough to use a nuke to bully and scare the world instead of only relying on it for their own protection.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 6:38:08 PM EDT
[#31]

Last time I checked , North Korea and China aren't exactly best buddies with the U.S.
 Why aren't we making threats against THEM ?  Other than talking a bunch of shit , what
has Iran done to make you people so scared of them ?   One war over there is quite enough
don't you think ?
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 8:15:11 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
   Last time I checked , North Korea and China aren't exactly best buddies with the U.S.
 Why aren't we making threats against THEM ?  Other than talking a bunch of shit , what
has Iran done to make you people so scared of them ?   One war over there is quite enough
don't you think ?

Nah.  There's at least 2 or 3 more that I'm looking forward to.

And there's a real answer as to why Iran - because George Bush hates brown people.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 8:46:11 PM EDT
[#33]
Why are we arguing with a fanatic moron? Iran will never get nukes. Their  nuculer program will have a tragic boating accident. We, and the rest of civilized society will never permit crazed militants to develop weapons that can destroy the planet.

Iran's current leader is a violent, drug-crazed, religious fanatical zealot who will not see old age. If the CIA or MI6 doesn't take him out with a piano wire then Israel, or more likely, Jordan-Saudi-Kuwait will put a bunker buster through his hareem window on Whoopie Night.

Besides, if Iran did somehow manage to get nukes (they've been trying to buy them for years), and tried to use them, Iran would be turned into a gigantic glass parking lot with a lot of oil underneath it. I'm going to be buying stock in the Iranian GlassFlats Petroleum Corporation, Inc.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 8:54:01 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
Because the US constitution doesn't have an amendment which protects Iran's right to own nuclear weapons.

DUH!

Ya think...

Maybe a oppressive dictatorship is not the same as a US citizen with Constitutional protections.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 9:25:58 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
Why are we arguing with a fanatic moron? Iran will never get nukes. Their  nuculer program will have a tragic boating accident. We, and the rest of civilized society will never permit crazed militants to develop weapons that can destroy the planet.

Iran's current leader is a violent, drug-crazed, religious fanatical zealot who will not see old age. If the CIA or MI6 doesn't take him out with a piano wire then Israel, or more likely, Jordan-Saudi-Kuwait will put a bunker buster through his hareem window on Whoopie Night.

Besides, if Iran did somehow manage to get nukes (they've been trying to buy them for years), and tried to use them, Iran would be turned into a gigantic glass parking lot with a lot of oil underneath it. I'm going to be buying stock in the Iranian GlassFlats Petroleum Corporation, Inc.

You mean like Kim Jong Il?
Glad he never got those WMD he was after...

You mean like Fidel Castro?
Yep, we sure took him out...

You people kill me!
While I am against Iran having nukes, you people really have no concept of how geopolitics work...
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 9:27:57 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Because if I had a MG I wouldn't run out and immediately hose the neighborhood with it.

Exactly!

Nor would you let your buddies "borrow" one to use one someone who doesn't subscribe to your religion.

I think this point is well enough stated without digging into the history of the Israeli-Arab brouhaha. Enough said.

Andrew

Pray tell....what do Iranians have to do with the Arabs?
Last time I checked, Iranians were Persians, who had a long standing hostility with Arabs...
And what do Arabs/Persians have to do with Islam?
Last time I checked, Islam was a religion composed of many differents races...

Me thinks you do not accurately understand the middle east, nor the people who compose it.

Iran having nukes?
A bad thing.
Not understanding what you are talking about?
A bad thing as well.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 9:43:05 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

DUH!

Ya think...

Maybe a oppressive dictatorship is not the same as a US citizen with Constitutional protections.

Well actually, I thought that a stupid question deserved a stupid answer.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 10:09:29 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
Do you REALLY want your neighbor, who promise to exterminate your entire family, and who threatens to kill you every day - to have machineguns?

Just something to think about, I was going to say something to the effect of  because they want to use them against us.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 3:12:47 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Exactly!

Andrew

Last time I checked, Iranians were Persians, who had a long standing hostility with Arabs...

Me thinks you do not accurately understand the middle east, nor the people who compose it.

Iran having nukes?
A bad thing.
A bad thing as well.

mooslem apologist
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 3:59:45 AM EDT
[#40]
It is a completely stupid fucking analogy.

Remember one of the Hostages from Iran identified Iran’s current president as one of his abductors.

I think Bill Clinton is posting here. The fucking thought process of giving your enemies or potential enemies the same weapons as you have so that you don't attack each other is mind boggling. It is absolutely the dumbest thing I have ever heard. Bill Clinton gave China our missile technology with this very thinking.

The US and ISAREL are not the bad guys here. All this will accomplish is another mini arms race. We will pour a bunch of weapons into Israel. Iran just like North Korea will have an unbelievable amount of firepower pointed at it from now to eternity. They will also have enriched uranium to sell to fuckhead ROPer’s for a dirty bomb.

When was the last time anybody from Israel blew themselves up on a bus full of women and children? Or anybody from the US for that matter?

When was the last time a stupid fucking ROPer blew themselves up trying to kill people.

The USA is not the bad guy anywhere. We can help any nation become a prosperous nation but if you are a scumbag dictator or you persecute your people than we will pressure you to treat them right. JUST LIKE ANYBODY HERE would want to be treated.  

Link Posted: 1/26/2006 9:07:00 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

I don't want Iran to have nukes for the same reason I don't want felons to have weapons, and for the same reason I don't want convicted sex offenders working in child day care centers.

Arab/Moslem governments have proven themselves time and again to be dangerous to the peace and safety of the rest of the world.  They cannot even be trusted with sharp objects.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 9:10:53 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
Do you REALLY want your neighbor, who promise to exterminate your entire family, and who threatens to kill you every day - to have machineguns?

Way to use the gun control advocates escuses against him.  If I had a neighbor like that I would throw a gun to his feet and tell him to pick it up to make this a fair fight.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 3:52:32 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Because if I had a MG I wouldn't run out and immediately hose the neighborhood with it. hr

Exactly!

Andrew hr

Iran having nukes?
A bad thing.
A bad thing as well.

mooslem apologist hr

See what happens when you don't follow the " sheeple " ?
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top