BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 8:00:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Guns don't rust if you maintain them properly....
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
They have exactly the features I want. No safety and a short reset trigger.  No gimmicks on the gun. It also doesn't rust.

hey man, we get it.  But for a big lazy dummy like me....I need simple and low maintenance.
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 8:01:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

10 glocks.
Glock in your name.

I think you might like glocks more than your average glock lover.

Have you named them?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I have 10 glocks so far. I buy them because they work. If you want to try different or unproven pistols go ahead. Most semi auto malfunctions and drills are due to non glocks. Glock is proven and reliable like a Toyota Camry or Honda Accord. They just work.

10 glocks.
Glock in your name.

I think you might like glocks more than your average glock lover.

Have you named them?

I do i like glocks. I may have to change my name to Ar15 nick as they are about to overtake my glock collection.
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 8:02:15 PM EDT
[#3]
I never cared for glocks.I finally bought a g17 about 3 years ago.i now have a 19,26 and 43 also.g 19 my favorite. what i like? i shoot better, they fit my hand great.disassembly is a breeze.i can use my g17 holster for my 19 and 26 .g 43 for summer carry.most of my other pistols, beretta m9, various m&ps and a revolver i sold.i tried it and liked it .works for me ,some people don't like em thats ok, theres many to choose from to fit you.
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 8:02:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
2 reasons...

1...Reliability

2...It's not a clunky fucking Beretta.
View Quote

There are so many size comparisons out there. A Beretta 92fs is the same size as a glock 17. And it's not  made out of Tupperware
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 8:02:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
-cheap
-myth of reliability, even people with obviously defective guns blame it on user error
-cheap
-light
-in the right hands can be accurate above their price point
-aftermarket support
-cheap
View Quote

they are just as reliable as any other modern manufactured gun out there and just like any modern manufactured gun out there they can and do break parts. so the reliability thing is not  a "Myth"

and they are accurate enough for the average shooter to pass a standard course of defensive fire as deemed necessary by multiple government agencies some of those courses of fire are fairly hard to boot. Air marshals, DOE, ETC.
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 8:03:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Cheap for as good as they are.

Mags and holsters are easy to find and cheap.
Pretty much any gunshop will have Glock accessories if they have any accessories at all.

Durable & reliable

Light compared to all metal guns

Not prone to rusting, at all.  

Very very reliable.  Like Toyota Camry reliable.

But for me, it boils down to being invested in the platform.  Buying another 9mm Glock means I don't have to buy all new crap too.  Buying another brand or caliber means I need new holsters, accessories, mags, blablabla.  So for what I want a Glock for, I just stick with what I know.  Makes familiarity easy, and as a result, I handle and shoot them well because I am not always swapping platforms, triggers, or operating systems.
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 8:04:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

My wife has a shield. I've shot a m&p full size and IMHO glocks are better.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
in before M&P's are better

My wife has a shield. I've shot a m&p full size and IMHO glocks are better.

Until you put a metal frames light on it. then you better replace those recoil springs at proper intervals or you will see a shit ton of problems.
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 8:04:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Friends coworkers etc all think of me as a gun guy and ask me what kind of handgun they should buy. Every time I first recommend a desert eagle.
I mean it would be hilarious if they bought it. But I ask budget and most the time it's $500ish.
The first gun I will recommend is a G19. I don't even know why I do it. I've never owned one.
But I tell them to go to the local range and rent a bunch of different guns to try out and see what they like. 99% of the time they end up with the G19
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 8:05:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Simple & Cheap & fairly reliable.
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 8:05:54 PM EDT
[#10]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
2 reasons...

1...Reliability

2...It's not a clunky fucking Beretta.

Who are you calling clunky?
http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110218000734/entertainment1/images/1/1c/Mel_Gibson.jpg

Things are clunky when you are the size of wowpro and only lift a hot pocket to your mouth.
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 8:06:39 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

hey man, we get it.  But for a big lazy dummy like me....I need simple and low maintenance.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
They have exactly the features I want. No safety and a short reset trigger.  No gimmicks on the gun. It also doesn't rust.

But it's so dry in AZ. Guns are already super low maintenance
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 8:11:53 PM EDT
[#12]
Im not a die hard fan of glock, as I usually buy Smith and Wesson . BUT I dont have a 9mm yet and even though im not a fan of the Glock im going to get either a G17 or G19 only because they offer a ton of different magazines for them. I like ergonomics of other manufacturers but because G17/19 has 31 round mags etc ill probably pick one up
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 8:12:52 PM EDT
[#13]
My G19 has never not gone bang to the fault of the pistol itself. It easily has got several thousand rounds through it and its 30 years old. I'd bet my life on it without hesitation. In fact of all the Glocks I've owned the only Glock caused issue was bag mag followers that came with a brand new pistol. The areas Glock rep met me at my LGS, rebuilt my mags and gave me a bunch of free stuff.

My Wilson 1911 also has thousands of rounds through it. Its a great pistol. It runs like a top. Its by far my favorite firearm of all I own but on its best day I wouldn't bet my life on it.
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 8:13:56 PM EDT
[#14]
Perfection baby!!!!
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 8:14:09 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Simple, cheap, reliable

View Quote
Yep.

Link Posted: 2/23/2016 8:15:57 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Im not a die hard fan of glock, as I usually buy Smith and Wesson . BUT I dont have a 9mm yet and even though im not a fan of the Glock im going to get either a G17 or G19 only because they offer a ton of different magazines for them. I like ergonomics of other manufacturers but because G17/19 has 31 round mags etc ill probably pick one up
View Quote

Beretta makes a 32 round mag for the 92
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 8:18:32 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
The simplicity is what got me to really like them.

Compared to the M&P and especially HKs, a lot less parts.
View Quote

No doubt. First time I totally stripped one I could not believe it
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 8:21:07 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

50 round drum .>
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 8:22:04 PM EDT
[#19]
I can't stand the damn things but they are very good guns, so probably because of that.
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 8:23:31 PM EDT
[#20]
Even the peasants can afford to be armed...Let them eat shoot Glocks...
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 8:24:17 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Just traded my Glock for an M&P last night.

Felt better in my hand

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

in before M&P's are better
Just traded my Glock for an M&P last night.

Felt better in my hand

Want to buy an M&P 40?

Link Posted: 2/23/2016 8:24:32 PM EDT
[#22]

I don't "love" it, it just works for me. I like other guns, too.

Link Posted: 2/23/2016 8:24:57 PM EDT
[#23]
Cheap, proven reliability, easy to work on, large aftermarket.
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 8:25:03 PM EDT
[#24]
Because mine go boom every time I pull the trigger unlike a few other pistols I own.  Reliability is all I care about when a defensive pistol is chosen for carry.  If my others fail then a piece of paper just didn't get a hole it should have.
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 8:25:25 PM EDT
[#25]
We buy it, we don't love it.

Like the price
Like the reliability

Popularity, like familiarity, breeds contempt.
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 8:27:58 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Because mine go boom every time I pull the trigger unlike a few other pistols I own.  Reliability is all I care about when a defensive pistol is chosen for carry.  If my others fail then a piece of paper just didn't get a hole it should have.
View Quote

Glock grenade?
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 8:30:21 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Meh. 33 round GLOCK mags and 50 round drums
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 8:31:15 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

I have tried to like them. They are ugly as sin and are  as ergonomic as a 2 x 4. Beretta 92's and CZ75's for the win. If it does not have a hammer it's not right. I tried to like striker fired Guns and everyone I tried just was not as good
View Quote
Do you walk around all day with a gun in your hand while staring at it at the same time?

People put to much emphasis on ergonomics IMO. It's not like a shoe that you have to walk around in 14 hours a day. I would rather have a gun that will get the job done if needed than one that fits like a condom and looks pretty.  This is why Glocks are so popular, they will get the job done. For range fun or finger fucking, sure there are better options.
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 8:38:07 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Same reason PD's went to them.. Simple, affordable, and Grunt Proof
View Quote

Actually, CHEAP would be the reason.
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 8:38:24 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Do you walk around all day with a gun in your hand while staring at it at the same time?

People put to much emphasis on ergonomics IMO. It's not like a shoe that you have to walk around in 14 hours a day. I would rather have a gun that will get the job done if needed than one that fits like a condom and looks pretty.  This is why Glocks are so popular, they will get the job done. For range fun or finger fucking, sure there are better options.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I have tried to like them. They are ugly as sin and are  as ergonomic as a 2 x 4. Beretta 92's and CZ75's for the win. If it does not have a hammer it's not right. I tried to like striker fired Guns and everyone I tried just was not as good

Ergos are a case by case basis anyway. The bone structure of everyone's hand/wrist is different. What fits one person won't necessarily fit the next. I don't have a problem with the ergos.

What's really silly is the emphasis on appearance. When I'm shopping for something intended to be a self-defense weapon that will probably be confiscated for evidence if it's ever used and covered with rust when it's finally returned (assuming it ever is), I don't care if it's not pretty.

Link Posted: 2/23/2016 8:39:50 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 8:40:17 PM EDT
[#32]
It seems that Glockaholics are always starting threads to justify their choice.

Seems quite insecure.
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 8:43:09 PM EDT
[#33]
Somebody already said simplicity.
But I like that I can do a full blown trigger rework for $41 on a G19 and $26 on a G17
really you can do it for $10 worth of springs.
Every part is replaceable with simple tools and skills in 4 minutes or less  unlike the plunger tube and front sight on a 1911
Your SP-01 for example, it takes an hour to get the sear pack out and disassembled, polished and reassembled. it has a gorillion more functional parts than a Glock.

The ejector bloc is $8 you can grind the ejector to go a certain direction if you FUBAR its $8 to get it back the way it was etc.

The reliability is pretty much a myth that is why SFOD, NWS  MARSOC and every police department will be dumping them within days
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 8:43:30 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Glock grenade?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Glock grenade?

Well my 35 forty cal. maybe but not my others!
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 8:44:09 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Cheap seems to be a huge part of it. Probably to match all the PSA rifles they build.
View Quote

PSA rifles work. Who cares if they're inexpensive.

You carry a Beretta, ooh real aristocrat's piece.

Plus you're a brony, nothing you say matters.
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 8:46:11 PM EDT
[#36]
My 23 has been dead nuts reliable for a long time. And it cost me $400. It will outlive me. That's why I carry it.
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 8:46:14 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Because I don't want to CCW a gigantic Beretta that I had to use in the mil? That has to be one of the worst to carry for CCW.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I've shot s few different models and they are good shooters but I just can't bring myself to buy one.
I've thought about a G43 for a carry gun. I currently CCW a Beretta 92A1 IWB.
What makes y'all love them so much and why does everyone recommend them 99.87% of the time?

Because I don't want to CCW a gigantic Beretta that I had to use in the mil? That has to be one of the worst to carry for CCW.

It's actually quite easy to conceal. And I shoot it very well

I'm 190 5'9"
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 8:46:56 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
It seems that Glockaholics are always starting threads to justify their choice.

Seems quite insecure.
View Quote

I don't even own a glock.

Yeah I'm real insecure
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 8:48:08 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

What makes y'all love them so much and why does everyone recommend them 99.87% of the time?
View Quote
I've always hated Glocks.  I've always been a 1911 fanboy.

I have a G 17, and don't care for it.

Pros <3<3:

The salesman at the gun store made me hold a G 42.

I had played with every other sub-compact in the case.

The second I held it I know I had been waiting for that gun all my life.

I am a big guy.  6' 3".  Big hands. Long fingers.

It actually feels like it is trying to fit into the web of my hand, and it aims where I point, much like a 1911.

If you've ever heard the analogy that a 1911 feels like you are pointing your finger at something, and it is just natural.

That is exactly how the G 42 is to me.

Now, let's talk about concealment.  It's insane!  So slim, so short, such a short grip.

In an Aliengear holster, you feel like you are wearing a pillow inside your pants, rather than a hard metal chunk.

I have been taking a CCW Tactics class every week.

I quickly found out that 7 rounds ain't a lot.  No problem, I carry a mag on a belt puch.

I quickly found out that not having night sights really sucks when your gun is in the dark, and you are trying to shoot into a lit, or dark area.

Cons:

I have one negative that I am working through, and I really believe it is just a training issue to overcome:  my palm, directly along the edge of my pinky finger and to my wrist, catches the mag, and doesn't let it drop free most of the time.  Not a huge deal.  Most of the time, you don't fire a large number of rounds in a CCW incident.  And, I am conditioned to strip the mag now, anyway.

Upgrades:

Glock 42 43 Factory OEM Front Night Sight All Models (Green Dot)   $35.94 shipped, on Amazon (not Prime)

-upgrading the connector really improves the trigger break, and take up.  And reset.

-pay special attention.  I didn't reset the trigger spring correctly, and it wasn't resetting the trigger. (you have to catch a little tab of the trigger bar under a lip on the trigger spring.)

Ghost Inc Glock 42 Edge Drop In Trigger Connector Stainless 42-43-2424-V-1  $21.95 shipped, on Amazon (Prime)

Disassembly Tool for Glock by Squirrel Daddy Made in USA 3/32" Ball End Punch  $4.99 shipped, on amazon (not Prime)

Link Posted: 2/23/2016 8:49:11 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I've shot s few different models and they are good shooters but I just can't bring myself to buy one.
I've thought about a G43 for a carry gun. I currently CCW a Beretta 92A1 IWB.
View Quote

First handgun I recommend for people I like but know should keep things easy and simple in their life.
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 8:49:16 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Cheap seems to be a huge part of it. Probably to match all the PSA rifles they build.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh.......... I think I hurt your feelings!!!!

Did my post describe you and now you are butt hurt?

I said I like my berettas I never said they were better or higher class of gun.
And I'm not a brony. Avatar was made for me and I said I'd wear whatever was made. That's what I am stuck with.
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 8:49:20 PM EDT
[#42]
try a Glock 34

anyway though I'm a fan of them because they are caveman simple, have a VERY LARGE aftermarket, and with the addition of an aftermarket trigger connector my 17gen4 shoots like a champ
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 8:49:26 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You don't own any Remington firearms, do you?
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 8:52:51 PM EDT
[#44]
In before someone whines about how Glocks have "no soul like CZs or 1911s"
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 8:53:24 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

you got me. The 870 did rust a little bit...
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 8:56:28 PM EDT
[#46]
Because they work. They are the AR of pistols. Lots of accessory and mag options compared to other pistols too.
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 8:57:57 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

And I'm not a brony. Avatar was made for me and I said I'd wear whatever was made. That's what I am stuck with.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I like glocks...I own glocks

I carry a beretta M9A3

I own a PSA

I own other berettas
I own other brands

this place is funny.
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 8:58:11 PM EDT
[#48]
Because they work?  idk I don't have one.
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 8:58:17 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 8:59:46 PM EDT
[#50]
I hated glock for a long time. Traded one in and got all sorts of other pistols (not in the trade though). XD, cz, m&p, kahr, ruger, and Sig. After being in the army for a few years last couple I really got a chance to operate the pistols (m9 Berretta).

I bought a g17 and have a cz. Only pistols I own now.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top