[#1]
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 9:57:07 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 9:58:14 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
If your facts are inflammatory or offensive towards any race other than whites (even if it's true), people get bent, even white people.  

I just don't understand how the truth can be offensive.
If you claim to be offended by a fact, you're really just looking for a reason to start shit.

Try look at ANY thread about the Civil War on ARFCOM.  

He's got a point, there.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 9:59:03 AM EDT
[#4]
to me i get offended if people start generalizing about a whole set of people, blanketing them. like someone saying "lazy mexican".. while referring to someone who is not even mexican but merely hispanic.

there are stereotypes and yes there is some truth to stereotypes but i get ticked of when people start assuming that the stereotypes are true for everyone, which is what ive often seen.

like all white people are white trash or liars??!! im sure youd feel offended if someone thought that of any of your loved family members based simply on seeing the colour of their skin.

but if your referring to statistical "facts".. well i dont see anything wrong with that. if theres more crime in a black o hispanic neighbourhood then theres no point in trying to shut our eyes and pretend it not there so as to not offend anyone, the question should be why that is the way it is and whats going on in that culture and community that is causing so much crime. i often find that the lower the levels of education in a community and higher birth rate, the higher the crime levels.

simply put, its the uneducated people who dont know or cant be bothered to properly look after their children that are having the most kids and so increasing the amount of future criminals.

its often the peoplewith "the system, or the white man is keeping me down" train of thought that simply cant be bothered to work at trying to make something of their lives, their attitude.. "whats the point, whiteys keeping me down"...........pathetic.

Link Posted: 6/5/2008 9:59:37 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

check your im box.

Unfortunately I can't reply back to you

You Are Set To Not Receive Instant Messages And Are Not Allowed To Send.
 Please Update Your Profile If You Wish To Use The Messenger System.

then check your email before your account gets locked

Sorry for dragging this, but I just realized that my profile had my old email account. Please refer to my post in question and see if its acceptable or not.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 10:00:03 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 10:00:26 AM EDT
[#7]
taggity
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 10:00:50 AM EDT
[#8]
The way I see it, theres a difference between pointing out FACTS - like what Mr. Subnet is talking about, and crouching behind the tired anti-PC argument when you are being or defending a racist piece of trash - see the 'Curious George' Obama T-Shirt thread.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 10:01:17 AM EDT
[#9]
In Sierra Leone the average IQ is 64.

That's an uncomfortable fact.

My family has been helping out a refugee family from SL the last couple years and it's been an eye opening experience. It's wierd listening to them say things that would get a white guy in a lot of trouble.

The races have different strengths, on average. Where you run into problems is if you fail to judge people as individuals.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 10:01:39 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
it's well documented there a few topics which are simply incapable of discussion on this form....

race
abortion
why the north sucks...civil war topics

Why didn't you write that as "why the south sucks...civil war topics"?

Your bias is showing, rebel scum.

Link Posted: 6/5/2008 10:01:52 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
it's well documented there a few topics which are simply incapable of discussion on this form....

race
abortion

Yep............no bias there
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 10:04:53 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 10:05:06 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 10:05:11 AM EDT
[#14]
Because some of the major underlying causes of both crime and poverty in America are certain attitudes and behaviors which are greatly influenced by culture and because those same attitudes and behaviors are strongly promoted and reinforced in "non-white" (aka black & hispanic) cultures (especially among the young males of those cultures) as opposed to predominantly "white" cultures.

But as soon as you get to the words "non-white" and "white", people are trained to plug their ears and yell "racist!" at you.

Link Posted: 6/5/2008 10:06:29 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

My family has been helping out a refugee family from SL the last couple years and it's been an eye opening experience. It's wierd listening to them say things that would get a white guy in a lot of trouble.

The races have different strengths, on average. Where you run into problems is if you fail to judge people as individuals.

Please elaborate on things said, I am interested in hearing them.............
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 10:06:41 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 10:06:43 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

race
abortion

Carpetbagger

I LOL'd btw thought it was nice a subtle
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 10:10:57 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
White guilt.

Basically, if you point out that predominantly black or Hispanic areas tend to have higher crime rates than predominantly white areas, they freak out. They assume you're trying to assign a cause, when instead you're simply making an observation (and it's not exactly groundbreaking news, either).

well if that's not the cause, what's the purpose of that observation?  

It's interesting (at least to me).

well i guess that's part of what the problem may be.  if there is a discussion on the cause of a particular phenomenon, most people are going to assume that any comments, or facts, are going to be related to, if not directly implied as, the cause.  

eta an example:  if there's a discussion on global warming, and i say "lots of cars get shitty gas mileage" i'd be willing to bet that it would be inferred that i believe that air pollution is contributing to global warming.

I think that's a little naive.  I think it goes deeper than just confusing correlation and causation.  

Let's say you tell me that a white male is more likely than any other racial group to be a CEO of a Fortune 500 company, or more likely to be a serial killer.  I'm not going to assume you mean I'm about to run GM or go out and start killing people.  I can take that information for the interesting statistical tidbit that it is and file it away.

I think, obviously, it has to do with the percieved social standing/power of the different groups.  For the group with the higher percieved stanidng to point out flaws of the group with the lower perceived standing just feels wrong.  The opposite isn't necessarily the case.

Isn't that why it seems more offensive to use the word n****r than honkey or cracker?  Or why you can have a tv show where gay guys teach a straight guy how to wash his hair or paint his bredroom and it's amusing, but a White Eye for the Black Guy would be offensive.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 10:13:51 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Why didn't you write that as "why the Denmark sucks...civil war topics"?

see, you guys just can't accept the fact the Norway sucks and we let you win.

At least we all agree Sweden rocks!
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 10:14:07 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
I think, obviously, it has to do with the percieved social standing/power of the different groups.  For the group with the higher percieved stanidng to point out flaws of the group with the lower perceived standing just feels wrong.  The opposite isn't necessarily the case.

Yep. That's really all it is.

Feelings.

Irrational feeeeeeeeeelings.

Link Posted: 6/5/2008 10:14:20 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

IQ testing is culturely biased thats not a fact at all. Put any sierra Leone kid through the finest schools and his "IQ" will soar. Thats a fact jack!
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 10:14:58 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Or why you can have a tv show where gay guys teach a straight guy how to wash his hair or paint his bredroom and it's amusing, but a White Eye for the Black Guy would be offensive.

Hey, I'd Tivo that one for sure.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 10:15:39 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 10:15:49 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

They have great meatballs.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 10:17:34 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Site staff must protect ar15's "reputation" it has become a cash cow that must be protected. You cannot discuss facts that may make ar15.com look bad to someone overly sensitive and PC, so , staff and mods have become overly sensitive and pc in their duties to prevent this.

oh, you read the 1488 thread too?
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 10:18:01 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
nice edit.

since you have no means of communication i'll post it here. care to apologise for the douchbag remark or take a time out for personal insults.

I decided to edit out the douchebag remark and replace it with reluctant. I will say that I should have thought half a second before typing that word as there were other words that could be used, but I don't think it was overly inapproriate as I asked for proof and had to deal with reply of "Just look at these" instead of actual reply that closely resembles something like Merrel posted, providing some links to the data set.(Which incidently overlaps with the post I quoted from another source)
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 10:19:23 AM EDT
[#27]
The biggest problem with Race is we keep perpetuating it.  We keep pointing out our differances good and bad instead of getting beyond it.

Liberals are to worst at this because they want to make everyone feel like they are special or need to be recognized because of their differances.  They keep labeling people in the hopes that it makes them look like they are color blind but in fact they are using color to push an agenda that they want to be popular.

The sadess part is that race is not nessesarily a scientific fact.  Humans are all of the same species and genetically there is less differances between us than most all other animals yet we have further defined ourselves as being differant just so we can have something to make us feel more important than other who might look differant.

Regardless of his political views.  Morgan Freeman said something that always comes to mind when we talk about race.  "Why can't I just be a man, why do I have to be labeled as a black - man,  and you as a white-man.  Why can't I just be a man."  

Link Posted: 6/5/2008 10:19:42 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Or why you can have a tv show where gay guys teach a straight guy how to wash his hair or paint his bredroom and it's amusing, but a White Eye for the Black Guy would be offensive.

Hey, I'd Tivo that one for sure.

I can't take credit for that.  You'll have to PM me if you'd like to hear the back story.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 10:21:53 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
If it is the least bit negative, yet true, someone is whining because someones little feelings may be hurt. That is one of the things that is wrong with the country . To many people are so PC and sit with blinders on, so now they can't even see the forest for the trees.  Go ahead and knock me, I'm just a cracker anyway..... and we know it doesn't matter if you are a cracker....

Let me give you an example.  My wife was having a conversation with another woman about health care when the woman asked her if she was concerned that, as a black woman, she had a much higher chance of contracting AIDS.  My wife replied that since she doesn't engage in promiscuous sex or shoot up heroin, her odds of contracting AIDS are pretty much zero, and that her being black had nothing to do with it.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 10:23:59 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

I think that's a little naive.  I think it goes deeper than just confusing correlation and causation.  

Let's say you tell me that a white male is more likely than any other racial group to be a CEO of a Fortune 500 company, or more likely to be a serial killer.  I'm not going to assume you mean I'm about to run GM or go out and start killing people.  I can take that information for the interesting statistical tidbit that it is and file it away.

Isn't that why it seems more offensive to use the word n****r than honkey or cracker?  Or why you can have a tv show where gay guys teach a straight guy how to wash his hair or paint his bredroom and it's amusing, but a White Eye for the Black Guy would be offensive.

good point.

Link Posted: 6/5/2008 10:24:40 AM EDT
[#31]
I don't mind being referred as a redneck, cracker, and other stuff if its in good fun and when people are just poking fun at one another.

Though if some says it out of anger or hatred that when it pisses me off.

People who are too PC should be made to watch hours of "Mind of Mencia"
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 10:29:43 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

race
abortion

see, you guys just can't accept the fact the north sucks and we let you win.

And you just can't accept the fact that the south never had a chance in hell to begin with
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 10:33:07 AM EDT
[#33]
The OP sure is concerned about the state of the white race.  Do you feel threatened by others?

You ask why, and then provide your own answer.  Everyone, except your friends and family, are too PC to know the TRUTH, as you know it.

You are not looking for an answer, you are looking for recruits.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 10:44:04 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

IQ testing is culturely biased thats not a fact at all. Put any sierra Leone kid through the finest schools and his "IQ" will soar. Thats a fact jack!

To the extent that that's true cultures that result in lower average IQs are inferior to those cultures that don't. IQ can't be taught, education can help develop the mind but it's primarily biological.

A better arguement would be nutrition, or generations of hardship or lack thereof, or slavery resulting in IQ being bred out, there's a lot of reasons for the disparities.

Cultural bias doesn't account for the IQ disparities seen worldwide on tests designed to minimize cultural bias, there are physiological differences between the races.

African folk really are better at stuff that requires a lot of fast twitch muscle.

SE asian folk have more brain volume than any other race, on average, and score highest on IQ tests.

Of course there are black geniuses and really good Japanese athletes too, but they're rarer than the other way around.

Like I said, you run into problems when you judge a man by his race, but that doesn't mean there's no difference between racial norms.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 10:44:05 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
The OP sure is concerned about the state of the white race.  Do you feel threatened by others?

You ask why, and then provide your own answer.  Everyone, except your friends and family, are too PC to know the TRUTH, as you know it.

You are not looking for an answer, you are looking for recruits.

Does that mean I need to send you the paperwork ???
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 11:02:33 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Err, no.

Herrstein and Murray would disagree with you.  
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 11:32:55 AM EDT
[#37]
I'm white.  Not pure caucasian, but white.   Asians are on average the most intelligent human race.  

I'm not offended by that truth.  Not even when you say it like this:  

"Reliable, scientifically rigorous studies, carried out by responsible researchers who have no
agenda, have determined that caucasians are on average not quite as intellligent as asians."

I see no reason to soft-pedal the truth, but be honest about the situation surrrounding it.

Some studies have shown that negroes are, on average, slightly less intelligent than
caucasians or asians.   That's truth.  But the difference is slight and I really think it's
trivial.  That's my opinion.

It's not black intelligence that worries me, it's their culture.  (In America, anyway.)

CJ
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 11:35:43 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
I'm white.  Not pure caucasian, but white.   Asians are on average the most intelligent human race.  

"Reliable, scientifically rigorous studies, carried out by responsible researchers who have no
agenda, have determined that caucasians are on average not quite as intellligent as asians."

I see no reason to soft-pedal the truth, but be honest about the situation surrrounding it.

Some studies have shown that negroes are, on average, slightly less intelligent than
caucasians or asians.   That's truth.  But the difference is slight and I really think it's

It's not black intelligence that worries me, it's their culture.  (In America, anyway.)

CJ

Very well put.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 11:43:53 AM EDT
[#39]

Why do people get bent out of shape over facts relating to diffrent races ????

Some of us get 'bent out of shape' because we know there is only one race.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 11:47:01 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

CJ

Well, social policies (that were probably well intentioned) have done more to create the "black culture" we fear than any intrinsic to black culture.

Read "The Bell Curve."

The Great Society has done the Black Person in the U.S. a great injustice.  We created a new Indian Reservation, where a huge population of people became wards of the state.

"It is difficult to imagine the United States preserving its heritage of individualism, equal rights before the law, free people running their own lives, once it is accepted that a significant part of the population must be made permanent wards of the states"
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 11:53:07 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I am waiting for this to turn into an ABBA thread.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 12:01:25 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

CJ

There are lots of biological differences between the races... Each race, sub-race or even mere locality based genetic variance exists for a reason... Almost always adaptation to the local environment, especially pre-10,000BCE.

Variances and adaptations came into existence over extremely long periods of time... Adaptations that were better suited to a particular environment would out-compete those that were not, and as a result become the dominate, and sometimes only genetic standard of the area... This is basic evolution... It applies as much to humans as animals... I don't understand why that pisses so many people off.

Asians are well suited to the dense population trends in Asia (from pre-history until today, Asia has always been among the highest population concentrations, for reasons I won't go into... Not that there were always more people there, but rather, that they always had to live closer together)... Their increased aptitude to mathematics is well documented. Blacks have numerous advantages of their own... Among them the fact they can survive in subtropical environments better than pretty much any other race or sub-race out there. And while there is much debate on the subject, there is at least some reason to give credence to the idea that the light skin pigmentation of Caucasians allows them to process more solar vitamin-D, which may have allowed them to colonize farther to the north of other races/sub-races in the pre-agricultural/animal domestication era (post agriculture/animal domestication, solar vitamin-D ceased to really matter).

None of that all really means shit today... The differences are irrelevant in an era of air conditioning, processed foods, modern medicine, pocket calculators, and jet travel... Hell unless our technology collapses in on itself somehow, I expect the races to effectively blend over the next few millennia until there's effectively no difference. Of course a few millennia after that we'll probably start to see technology-specific adaptations... Heck sometimes I wonder if we are already.

It's evolution... Nothing more, nothing less... Animals by nature adapt over time, and as a result change in appearance and function... Humans are animals... The same rules apply... Why the fuck does that piss people off? Not like you're going to see any difference in your lifetime anyway, these changes take gigantic periods of time.

I mean Zeus... I'm white... I live in Texas... If the tiny differences in adaptation actually meant anything anymore, I'd probably have to live in Iceland or Norway or something... Sure as hell not here, where I bake to a lobster red if I walk outside for two minutes... As I've said, all this crap stopped meaning anything biologically significant with agriculture and animal domestication...  and completely lost any biological significance with the industrial dawn. It only matters now because of what we make of it, regarding to appearance only... It's a sociological issue now, not a biological one... But I don't understand how people can get so pissed at the biological history and science of it.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top