View Quote

Probably
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 1:06:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
[b]Here's a fer sure, honest to gawd, tax paying troll:[/b]

[img]http://fishhook1.homestead.com/files/troll.gif[/img]

View Quote

I'm thinking that is a Troll disguised as a Dimocrat.  If so it is not fer sure, honest and does not pay a dime in tazes.
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 1:10:09 PM EDT
[#4]
That might just be a democRAT, ya never know.
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 1:13:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Jarhead22,

Why don't you start a "TROLL-[b]POST[/b] PATROL..." thread, where members can refer to specific [b]posts[/b] that they feel constitute trolling?

Anyone baselessly can call anyone else a troll, but such a thread would add substance to the accusations.
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 1:16:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Jarhead22,

Why don't you start a "TROLL-[b]POST[/b] PATROL..." thread, where members can refer to specific [b]posts[/b] that they feel constitute trolling?

Anyone baselessly can call anyone else a troll, but such a thread would add substance to the accusations.
View Quote

Did I "baselessly call anyone else a troll?" I don't think so. Please quote me if I did.

If you've got an idea for a thread you think will contribute to the forum, start it yourself.
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 1:18:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Perhaps I incorrectly titled my Troll Patrol post.

Correctly it should have been "Subversive Liberal Infiltrator Patrol."

But that didn't rhyme.
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 1:21:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Jarhead22,

View Quote

Please stop.
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 1:23:05 PM EDT
[#9]
To me a troll is more of someone with a childish adversarial attitude.  Basically someone who's a geek in life and has been picked on to a point where they idolize the bullies that have tormented them.  In some delusion fit of grandeur they become that bully on the internet stirring up trouble, pushing the limits and trying their best to get respect through some imagined confrontation.  Logic has no meaning to them as their minds are closed to argument.  Their only reasons in posting are to get attention and to justify their beliefs by arguing their points.  Even if (especially if) they have no real arguments to justify their beliefs.  

In the words of sooooo many here.  Don't feed the trolls.  These children just love the attention.  Never argue with an idiot.  They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.  (edited for spelling only)

Link Posted: 4/30/2002 1:25:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

But that didn't rhyme.
View Quote

But "SLIP" is a pretty good acro.
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 1:26:08 PM EDT
[#11]
If this continues someone is going to be upset.
[>)]
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 1:28:51 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Their only reasons in posting are to get attention and to justify their beliefs by arguing their points.

View Quote

Scum ?
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 1:33:12 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Their only reasons in posting are to get attention and to justify their beliefs by arguing their points.

View Quote

Scum ?
View Quote

Jeez lol.  I knew I should have reworded that [:D].  Got me.  

I was going for more of a ... justify their beliefs by argueing without logic that which cannot be argued with logic.

(edited to add... that probably didn't help, I hope you get the idea though)
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 1:42:45 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I would say that a troll is identified by their conduct: trolling. But a ridiculously high post count in a very short time is a danger sign.
View Quote

And you have 2710 in 15 months?  Wouldn't you consider averaging 180 posts per month kinda high?  Incriminating yourself?  Take the Fifth while you can.  

Wouldn't content of the posts be more a defining measure, than frequency.  

223REM
View Quote

Did I say "defining measure?" I don't believe I did. Let me check.....nope.

I said "danger sign." There's a difference.
View Quote

Not much of a difference, considering both make reference to quailifying actions as being [:k]ing or not
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 1:58:27 PM EDT
[#15]
C'mon guys, some trolls are a pain in the rear, but damnit, sometimes, they can provide hours and hours of entertainment.

And maybe, just once, they might learn something.... naah nevermind.

Side note, I am still waiting on Goatboy to use his wonder-twin powers and activate me as a card marrying member of this festival of life we call AR15.com.  But he's probably having too good a time reading some troll bashing threads.

WL
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 2:07:36 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

But that didn't rhyme.
View Quote

The #1 guaranteed way to stop gun control completely in its tracks is to get the liberals on board with us.  

This BB is NOT only for conservatives, even though most here think it is.  

I sometimes get tired of listening to the right wing conservatives on this board.  I respect their opinions, but rarely agree with them.

Link Posted: 4/30/2002 2:10:46 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

Scum ?
View Quote

Jeez lol.  I knew I should have reworded that [:D].  Got me.  

I was going for more of a ... justify their beliefs by argueing without logic that which cannot be argued with logic.

(edited to add... that probably didn't help, I hope you get the idea though)
View Quote

I had your idea the first time but simply could not resist taking that one small portion out of context !!
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 2:15:35 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:

But that didn't rhyme.
View Quote

The #1 guaranteed way to stop gun control completely in its tracks is to get the liberals on board with us.  

This BB is NOT only for conservatives, even though most here think it is.  

I sometimes get tired of listening to the right wing conservatives on this board.  I respect their opinions, but rarely agree with them.

View Quote

Didn't mean to come off Conservative Republican. I flip them a fair amount of criticism. AND YOU ARE CORRECT. Liberal gun owners are ok. But the guys I was singling out really weren't progun liberals with a left side perspective on firearms enjoyment. They were here to inflitrate, gather intel and undermine. They were not here to help us.
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 2:15:45 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

And women and gays and........
Second Amendment 'RIGHTS' are due all citizens.

(There are no liberals in Mississippi - perhaps there is a typo in your profile ?)
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 2:18:36 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

(There are no liberals in Mississippi - perhaps there is a typo in your profile ?)
View Quote

Being a liberal in Mississippi, still makes you a conservative in most places.[:I]
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 2:29:39 PM EDT
[#21]
You guys are making me weary. I'm going to need a nap, soon.
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 5:21:59 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Jarhead22,

View Quote

Did I "baselessly call anyone else a troll?" I don't think so. Please quote me if I did.

If you've got an idea for a thread you think will contribute to the forum, start it yourself.
View Quote

I'm not saying that you baselessly have called anyone a troll. Certainly, though, others have done so.

I was merely offering you the best constructive solution I could come up with for the problem that you brought up in this thread. I was trying to be constructive, not accusatory.

I would start a TROLL-POST PATROL thread, but I already ran the idea past the staff, and they negged it.
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 5:26:15 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
To me a troll is more of someone with a childish adversarial attitude.  Basically someone who's a geek in life and has been picked on to a point where they idolize the bullies that have tormented them.  In some delusion fit of grandeur they become that bully on the internet stirring up trouble, pushing the limits and trying their best to get respect through some imagined confrontation.  Logic has no meaning to them as their minds are closed to argument.  Their only reasons in posting are to get attention and to justify their beliefs by arguing their points.  Even if (especially if) they have no real arguments to justify their beliefs.  

In the words of sooooo many here.  Don't feed the trolls.  These children just love the attention.  Never argue with an idiot.  They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.  (edited for spelling only)

View Quote

Since the term "troll" is already defined in the Forum Code, it can only confuse the discussion to stretch the definition of that term. By all means, coin a new term to designate the character you describe above.
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 5:41:11 PM EDT
[#24]
steyraug , 4179 posts in 14 months is a little high,270 a month if my math is correct.
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 6:07:27 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

I got here February 2001, beat ya!

TheRedGoat
View Quote

So the definition of troll is some one who Registers after you or has less posts than you?
View Quote

Beat you both!
View Quote

where is FM,USA
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 6:14:20 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:
So jarhead, that's a "spade" according to you.  Taking that logic & extending it:  a troll to DaMan is someone who supports Israel in any way, a troll to some other posters is anyone who questions what happened to the USS Liberty, a troll to Steyr is someone who think that what happened at Kent State was wrong.  Eye of the beholder.  

That's all fine and dandy, but last I checked this was a General Discussion board where you weren't required to toe the party line - as long as you followed the board rules.  Funny thing is, if kentstate4 had called Steyr an asshole he'd prob be banned & his post locked, but if Steyr does it, it's ignored.  Funny.

If you disagree w/ someone why do so many of you find it difficult to either:
a: IGNORE THEM
or
b: DEBATE THEM LIKE INTELLIGENT HUMANS
???

Like children, the first thing many here do when they disagree is resort to name calling & personal attacks.  Then, hypocritically, when the "troll" turns around & does the same, people call out to the high heavens for the mods to take action.  LMFAO!
View Quote

As for what course others may take, who can tell. But I try to give anyone the benefit of the doubt, and conduct myself to fairly respectful, factual debate until they take the low road. This frustrates me, because then they are using typical MillionMomMarch tactics and obviously can't be reasoned with. If you review some of my more heated exchanges on this forum, you'll see that I tried to stay civil even in the face of repeated insults and accusations. After the trolling and personal attacks were left alone for hours or sometimes days by the moderators, I upped the throttle a notch or two to try and make my point or get the information I was seeking. What's sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander.

This goes with name-calling as well. With all that kentstate4 gets away with here, do you think that "asshole" would have any impact if the rest of his behavior is laughed off or ignored? Come on. And note that it was you who started making specific accusations on this thread, not me.
View Quote

Name one rule i've violated? Where is all of this stuff i' have gotten away with enlight me plz?
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 6:23:55 PM EDT
[#27]
I stated that all americas have rights,all not just gun owners,even illeagaly convicted death row inmates.We all have them,Is there is a troll problem with any of my post,only members here that hate that i own guns and i'm a card carrying member of the "ACLU". I haven't advocated violence against any  religious group,gay groups,police,government,or members here.Not can be said about certain members here  today can It. jarhead 22 I have seen a few posts by moderators that advocate violence against muslims,gays,etc just to name a few.
As I seen this quote on ar15.com page "all ar15 owners can feel they have a home here on ar15.com cause they do" I own 3 ar15.
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 6:25:13 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 6:30:55 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
FM is FRom under the bridge where all good trolls live!
View Quote

meaning?
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 6:33:15 PM EDT
[#30]
PLEASE!

Can't we all just get along??

heh,heh....

[-=(_)=-]
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 6:48:54 PM EDT
[#31]
Trolls to me are new posters who lie a lot. intentionally piss people off, argue and insult senior members, think they know it all, have very liberal leanings, and post stuff just to get undue attention......usually involving a government agency[;)].  

I can think of at least two people who have posted on this thread that fit the bill.

Trolls also whine a lot and love to quote board conduct code yet rarely take responsibility for there own violations.

A prime example would be a post I responded to last night.I would post a link but it has been lock.

Sgtar15

PS Trolls are also people I just generally don't like because I am in a bad mood that day........everyone has come under that heading at one time or another[:D].
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 7:00:14 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
steyraug , 4179 posts in 14 months is a little high,270 a month if my math is correct.
View Quote

I used to post a lot of pics of my guns, but eventually everyone saw all the cool ones.

I used to answer a lot of gun questions, but they moved the gun talk to it's own forum.

Now I mostly just annoy a certain mod by my very presence.
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 7:05:18 PM EDT
[#33]
You overestimate your importance.
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 7:18:07 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
You overestimate your importance.
View Quote

me? or kentstate4?
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 7:25:00 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Trolls to me are....
View Quote

And what do you call the members who obsessively fixate on certain other members?
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 7:27:30 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Trolls to me are....
View Quote

What do you call the members who obsessively fixate on certain other members?
View Quote

moderators...
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 7:30:58 PM EDT
[#37]
Steyr, sorry to say, it's you. You're a mod on a poplular board of your own, yet you seem to spend the majority of your time here, constantly posting your "Look at Me" threads. Is there a particular need you feel compelled to share your revelations with us??  
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 7:37:57 PM EDT
[#38]
I really do enjoy all of this.  

You guys are awesome!

Just felt like upping my post count with one more trivial opinion [beer].
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 7:40:48 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
A prime example would be a post I responded to last night.I would post a link but it has been lock.

Sgtar15

View Quote

That was a funny one too, I laughed, I cried, I think I peed my pants...
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 8:21:19 PM EDT
[#40]
I've been lurking here for Y-E-A-R-S but afraid to join lest I ruffle the feathers of some decorated veteran of AR-15.COM and be labeled a TROLL.

When I discussed AR-15.COM with my CMP competitors (all 9 of them) they unanimously agreed that this site is just a juvenile flame-fest dominated by simpletons.

Let's prove them wrong.
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 8:25:28 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Name one rule i've violated? Where is all of this stuff i' have gotten away with enlight me plz?
View Quote

Aside from every rule of grammar, spelling and punctuation I ever learned, you mean?

Here’s one:

[url] www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=108432[/url]
“did anyone see this didn’t make CNN”

You post a link to and sing the praises of the organization that is defending NAMBLA, the North American Man Boy Love Association, which is being sued for posting a guidebook for child molesters online. The parents of a young boy kidnapped, raped and murdered by two men who hit that site are suing NAMBLA. The ACLU is defending their child rape manual as free speech.

You get on your high horse about the death penalty on a site that is very conservative and where the death penalty is rightly seen as a deterrent to others and the final arbiter of who gets to play in the sandbox and who doesn’t. You were trolling and you know it. Say what you like, but you know that your post would be right at home where you come from: DemocraticUnderground.com.

The ACLU is not respected here because this is a site for [b]gunowners[/b] and the ACLU only believes that nine of the rights outlined in the Bill of Rights apply to individuals. It just so happens that liberal dickheads don’t think the common folk should have guns, so guess what? Big Surprise!! The ACLU has problems with the Second Amendment. You come here to spread your liberal BS like walking out of a stable into someone’s living room and spreading crap all over their carpets. You enjoy the furor you cause, and especially when you get to play the wounded innocent when people here with more than a single struggling brain cell take issue with the tripe you spew.

Care to explain "your rights end,where mine begin" to make this simple I have the right to own firearms and others too and the "liberals" (as some members here call them ) have the right to live how they wish(gay,crossdresser,or any ethic group)
View Quote

Guess what: The right to keep and bear arms is specifically enumerated in the Constitution. The right to get your swerve on with another man or go out in public dressed like Jennifer Lopez without being pointed and laughed at somehow didn’t get covered. What's next? Are you going to advocate licensing guns like we license cars?

If you need more, SteyrAUG compiled quite a list on the locked "TROLL PATROL" thread.
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 8:26:45 PM EDT
[#42]
Es tut mir leid! Jurgen, if you had only registered Y-E-A-R-S ago, [u]you[/u] would be a decorated veteran by now!

Huh, huh, did you ever think of that?

Well, didja?

Eric The(Juvenile)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 8:27:40 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I've been lurking here for Y-E-A-R-S but afraid to join lest I ruffle the feathers of some decorated veteran of AR-15.COM and be labeled a TROLL.
View Quote

I have to say, you picked an interesting way to try and get off on the right foot.
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 8:34:52 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Steyr, sorry to say, it's you. You're a mod on a poplular board of your own, yet you seem to spend the majority of your time here, constantly posting your "Look at Me" threads. Is there a particular need you feel compelled to share your revelations with us??  
View Quote

Yes, but I always considered AR15 my first home, until lately.

As for "look at me" threads. I have NEVER understood this one. How are MY threads "look at threads" but the following are not:

Lordtrader posting pics of his lunch.
Any member posting pics of their guns or them shooting.
Eric the Hun posting about his favorite subject.
Any member posting their "achievement of the day."

Do you understand?

I always saw AR15 as a place where I check in with and see what is up with my buddies (ie the old AR15 crew).

Nowadays it seems that informality is being discouraged.

As of late I have been condemned for posting too much. Despite others with higher post counts.

I have been condemned for posting pointless diversion. Despite others doing the same.

Then I got condemned for not being a paid member. Other non paid members went unpunished.

So why do "I" continuously get singled out for special treatment?
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 8:38:40 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 8:45:01 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
SteyrAUG, your [sleep] us all, I'll give you $60 to shut up [:P]
View Quote

Don't click, you won't be bored. That one was free.
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 8:50:14 PM EDT
[#47]
I'm in for 10 of that wolfpack, heel I'll put my winnings in form BOG after the FBI doesn't visit him.

BTW...what the hell is that between your legs Wolfpack???...........no I mean the big thing......no I mean the other big thing.

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 8:50:21 PM EDT
[#48]
[b]SteyrAUG[/b], I have a confession to make.

When I first started checking out this Board more than a year ago, I thought you were one of the coolest guys who posted!

When I registered and started posting my first threads, I always held my breath to see what you and a few others thought about them.

Guess what? I still think you are one of the coolest guys who post here.

And I still wonder what you think about the threads I post here.

So let's all get back to the way we were, the way we really are, and drop all of this excess luggage that we all seem to be carrying!

So whether it's making the baby Jesus cry, or holding Ariel Sharon up to constant ridicule, you have not stepped over any indelible lines that I can see. Nor has anyone else IMHO!

[b]Yet![/b]

So let's not any of us try and see if we can step over that line.

Eric The(RodneyKingKinda)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 8:54:31 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 8:56:03 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
[b]SteyrAUG[/b], I have a confession to make.

When I first started checking out this Board more than a year ago, I thought you were one of the coolest guys who posted!

When I registered and started posting my first threads, I always held my breath to see what you and a few others thought about them.

Guess what? I still think you are one of the coolest guys who post here.

And I still wonder what you think about the threads I post here.

So let's all get back to the way we were, the way we really are, and drop all of this excess luggage that we all seem to be carrying!

So whether it's making the baby Jesus cry, or holding Ariel Sharon up to constant ridicule, you have not stepped over any indelible lines that I can see. Nor has anyone else IMHO!

[b]Yet![/b]

So let's not any of us try and see if we can step over that line.

Eric The(RodneyKingKinda)Hun[>]:)]
View Quote

DAMN. THANK YOU.

And no not for the "SteyrAUG is cool" part. But for the "So let's all get back to the way we were, the way we really are." I don't see how my posts are any different, except for being WAY MORE TAME. We used to post babe pics once upon a time. Of course way back then McUZI was the evil bad person who made the baby jesus cry.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top