Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 10/16/2001 4:59:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Im a union Iron Worker and Im proud to be one. My dad is a union Pipefitter and he's proud to be one. We work our asses off every day for our pay and just like brother coltshooter said if we dont work we dont get paid. There's good and bad everywhere so dont judge the whole lot of us from the actions of a few that you saw. If I was there and that ass hole put the flag on the ground he could have very well went along with it!

American by birth!
Union by choice!

BKVic
Link Posted: 10/16/2001 5:10:56 PM EDT
[#2]
hey aerod1 im a member of plumbers and pipefitters local 430 tulsa ok. glad to see another brother on the board!
Link Posted: 10/16/2001 5:14:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Colt
I hate to bust you bubble, but have you ever had a class in econ before?  What do you think happens when wages go up?  Do you think the owners do static budgeting, or do they pass the cost off?  If they pass the cost of, who eventually pays?  Is it that prices go up and in effect the "big" increase in pay in real world terms doesn't equal a increase in pay?
View Quote

No, I haven't taken any classes in econ, just some recon but if I did, i'm still not sure I would understand what in the heck you are trying to say here.
Link Posted: 10/16/2001 5:17:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I go to a local community college here in the great state of Minnesota and everyday the union employees at my school PEACEFULLY walked the picket line as is their right.  Of course you are always going to have idiots that are going to make everyone else look bad.  Are we forgetting what we are going to war for?   To defend the right to do as we please?  In my opinin this was the best time for the employees to strike.  It shows the terriost you can't stop us.  Plus they had put the strike on hold because of the attacks on Sept. 11.  And had been working without a contract since July 1.  Do you expect them to put their lifes on hold because of some stupid terriost.  Or do you think that we should continue on with our lives like GW tells us to?  Yes econimcally it wasn't the best time.  But as far as I am concerned in every other way it was the best.  Also I heard on the news tonight that the average state union employee only makes 400 dollars a week.  So their not all making big bucks.  One last thought, it was the unions that helped bring up the wage scale in the United States.  Do you think that your rich employer pays you alot because he is generous or because he doesn't want to lose you to the union up the road?
View Quote

As a matter of fact I do think its a shitty time to do this. I am supposed to feel all warm and fuzzy that they held off for two or three weeks before going on strike? Gimme a break. How about this. The country is at war. Like it or not its a fact. Just because it has not directly affected them or the people they know does not change this.

Now a National Guard Rant. I am not married, but a lot of the guys are. They at this point in time have enough to worry about with activations and all without having to go fill in for a bunch of selfish people who chose this point and time to take yet more of them away from the families that they may have to leave again very soon. I volunteered to go on strike duty costing me about $1,000 for the week I worked it in lost wages, airline tickets from Portland to Minneapolis and hotel and food costs. I felt privelidged to be able to do this and help the Vets that came before me. A lot of the guys did not have the choice to volunteer. These same guys with families were sent sometimes way across the state to work strike duty. The same guys who may be called to active duty again soon to help with the war. Time has been taken away from them they cannot get back because of the selfishness of others. Yes, those of us who are in the Guard know this goes with the territory, and none will bitch about it to others outside the unit, but they did not like the fact that the people who striked thought that their raises and benifits were more important. When Bush said get back to normal you really really have to twist that phrase around to make it fit his approving of strikes, State worker strikes in particular.

Anyone who is proud of them for going ahead with the strike needs to seriously reconsider their priorities in life...

Aviator  [img]www.milpubs.com/aviator.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 10/16/2001 5:18:23 PM EDT
[#5]
pipefitter,
I am Local 100, Dallas TX
Jim
Link Posted: 10/16/2001 5:20:11 PM EDT
[#6]
The town that I grew up in has not had an opening for a decent labor job in over 10 years. The reason? It is KNOWN as a union town. While cities 30 miles away and all around the state have announced all kinds of new industry, spinoffs from large manufactures coming to the state (such as Mercedes Benz, Honda, etc.) NONE have located there. The steel mill there closed 2 years ago, many people that worked there use to brag about sleeping 4-5 hours per shift, going to work w/8-10 magazines, taking pillows to work, etc. It's kind of hard to feel sorry for someone like that, maybe their family but not them. When it was announced the company was in the red, they wanted employees to take a cut to avoid layoffs of the younger people (the ones who needed to work the most), but guess what? They voted it down, they were given a second chance, but still no. 30 days later they locked the doors forever.

As far as not being able to afford to support a family with 4 kids, that's quite simple. If you cant afford to support them dont make babies you cant feed then ask every one else to.

A good friend and (loyal AR-15 shooter)worked  a union trade job for 11 years, the last 5 he probably worked less than 60% of the time. He finally said to heck with it, went non-union and has not missed a day of work in over 6 years. Money is the same, benefits not quite as good but now gets to drive a company vehicle all the time, a fringe benefit that is worth quite a bit considering fuel, insurance, and so on.
While it may be better for some, I have seen enough negatives for me to rely on myself, and not some third party where everyone is "equal".

As far as the as*holes with their flag trick to our servicemen & women in the guard, I think they should have been arrested for treason, or better yet shot.
Link Posted: 10/16/2001 5:21:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Well basically that even you complain the wages are not enough.  That is because once your wages increase, the cost for services increase commensurate or at a higher rate.  So in the long run your increases in wages don't equate to a true increase because every thing now cost more.  Additionally the owners, since they are in business to make a profit will take measures to reduce employment cost, like out sourcing and moving to non-union or overseas areas.

What recon unit were you in?
Link Posted: 10/16/2001 5:28:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Before I got into my present line of work, I was somewhat anti union, being a die-hard conservative.  After spending 9 years in the buisiness, I have worked for enough greedy and short sighted bosses to have become a convert.

Aviators unions are responsible for mandatory TCAS, GPWS, and Rest Requirements, as well as many other safety regs.  Last year, they forced ATC to impose rules over how they can conduct land and hold short ops.  Without Unions, companies would be free to fire pilots who refuse to fly a trip that they deem to be unsafe.  Being on the Military side of things, you may doubt that any company would be willing to comprimise safety. However, in Civilian aviation, profits and safety are at odds, and a company's goal is to make money.
You really have to live it to understand.

Airline pilots are perhaps 65% ex military, with the other 35% very conservative civvies.
Liberals are for some reason very scarce.
We all start out with an opinion similar to yours, and we all end up as Union men.  
Strange, huh?   I'm proud to say, we have the most effective union on the planet because we are so solid.

I'm glad you diddn't have to cross an ALPA picket line.
Link Posted: 10/16/2001 5:41:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Collective Bargaining Agreement Arbitration Hearings-----
Any union member who can make it past the probation period has a job for life, as long as he can stay straight for how ever long the arbitrator gives him the last chance agreement for after the hearing (one to 6 months), no matter what he did to get fired.
Faking government documents? Cop beating kids (real kids, young teens)? Stealing?---I've seen all three get their jobs back with a token loss of pay. (Takes a year to get the arbitration decision back, the arbitrator gives a '6 month suspension'....he comes back to work with six months free 'back' pay)
"Hey, here's the job back, but you have to be good for a few months."

Union's do a lot of good, but they will protect the scumbag first, last, and always.
Link Posted: 10/16/2001 5:49:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Unions don't bug me so much as does nepitism, and there is usually a lot of that in the union families. You go try to join one and you'd better be related to someone already in the loop.

Good luck.
Link Posted: 10/16/2001 6:15:47 PM EDT
[#11]
Unions have shut down more profitable business's than the government.  And they all come from communists roots.

Radical Son.   Read it..

If you can't get by on your own ability, join a union, then you don't have to.

WL

Just my EDUCATED opinion.

Link Posted: 10/16/2001 6:22:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 10/16/2001 6:35:49 PM EDT
[#13]
Well Jim, the reason I basically think you are a blow hard who resorts to juvenile antics (what ever “no load means,” much be something that union members use, so what ever) goes back to several post that you have made in which you give false info, once you are corrected you result to little brainless quips that are irrelevant.
View Quote

Got any examples, or does this just dovetail nicely into the rest of the non-union no load crap that's been posted? I.e., no background, no experience, nothing from which you base your blanketization opinions other than something that was handed out at the last Klan rally or John Birch Society meeting. No one has answered my question as yet, why won't you get involved and make a difference if all of this bothers you? Is it more to your liking to stay humped up in a corner yelling at your monitor and banging away at your keyboard? What has been the point of this mental masturbation? Was it as good for you as it was for me? I'm all limp and flacid now. [b]IF YOU DON'T VOTE, DON'T BITCH.[/b]

Later, no loads.
Link Posted: 10/16/2001 6:43:46 PM EDT
[#14]
Jim, you reading the same posts over and over? You know, there is more to this thread than page one...  [:p]

Link Posted: 10/16/2001 7:02:06 PM EDT
[#15]
I have decided I can hate unions for what ever reason I like.
Link Posted: 10/16/2001 7:04:11 PM EDT
[#16]
Jim, you reading the same posts over and over? You know, there is more to this thread than page one.
View Quote

Okay, let me type this really slow so that you can read it, no load. I am trying to understand your circular logic here. You've never been a member of any local, you won't join any local so that you can vote, yet you find these unions offensive. Am I correct thus far? Think, but not too hard. Okay, now that you've strained yourself, what is the point of your pissing and moaning?

Anytime, no load.
Link Posted: 10/16/2001 7:08:03 PM EDT
[#17]
Because what I saw last week was some real selfish bastards. And because I can. Done reading? Good, now go back to organizing unions.

No load? I think your supposed to call me a scab of something like that right? LMAO
Link Posted: 10/16/2001 7:10:48 PM EDT
[#18]
And again, what is the point of your inane and unwitty banter? Again, why won't you join a local and vote to change things if this is something that bothers you so? You have yet to explain any of that.
Link Posted: 10/16/2001 7:11:59 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Jim, you reading the same posts over and over? You know, there is more to this thread than page one.
View Quote

Okay, let me type this really slow so that you can read it, no load. I am trying to understand your circular logic here. You've never been a member of any local, you won't join any local so that you can vote, yet you find these unions offensive. Am I correct thus far? Think, but not too hard. Okay, now that you've strained yourself, what is the point of your pissing and moaning?

Anytime, no load.
View Quote

So, by your logic, I must therefore embrace, support, and enter into any organization I find offensive, before I should complain about it?

How sad. You'd have me join the KKK to try and change their bent with my vote, before I voice my opinion of them. Probably be easier than changing the bent of the scumbag unions, though.

Unfair comparison? I don't think so.

Juggernaut
Link Posted: 10/16/2001 7:12:18 PM EDT
[#20]
I like them on hamburgers.
Link Posted: 10/16/2001 7:15:30 PM EDT
[#21]
So, by your logic, I must therefore embrace, support, and enter into any organization I find offensive, before I should complain about it?
View Quote

Exactly what experience have you with unions other than what you've seen at your family reunion (aka date night)? Are you willing to change things, or are you more comfortable to just sit around and bitch?

The world waits, no loads.
Link Posted: 10/16/2001 7:23:19 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

Exactly what experience have you with unions other than what you've seen at your family reunion (aka date night)? Are you willing to change things, or are you more comfortable in just sit around and bitch?

The world waits, no loads.
View Quote

Thanks for not answering my question, or any of the ones where I responded to your insult on my ability to lead. You have a rather bad habit of doing this repeatedly.

I realize that the evident lack of grey matter in that space between your ears makes it unlikely that we will have an intelligent conversation concerning the pros and cons of unions until you are sure that I have joined one, so my contribution to this thread, little though it may be, ends here.

Your opinion, after all, means nothing to me after I saw how you have conducted yourself in this thread.

Signing off,

Juggernaut
Link Posted: 10/16/2001 7:25:52 PM EDT
[#23]
Had you actually read my posts above, you would see that yes, I am changing unions by attempting to change peoples minds about joining them. As well, this discussion thread may affect the way some union members vote. If you are so insistant on this, consider it my vote by proxy. No I will not join one. No I do not need one. No, I will not support one. You are entitled to. I choose not to.

I notice you use the typical democraps way of debate, mainly changing the subject and deflecting uncomfortable questions or points you choose not to answer. This may work with most of the people you hand out with, but does not work real well here.

Link Posted: 10/16/2001 7:31:09 PM EDT
[#24]
Thanks for not answering my question, or any of the ones where I responded to your insult on my ability to lead. You have a rather bad habit of doing this repeatedly.
View Quote

Well, I believe I did answer your question; get involved and take action. You, however, have not answered mine. What is the point of this bitching other than to preach to your choir and get a rise out of someone? Is it correct to say that you would rather sit around and piss and moan rather than become proactive for a change? That's certainly as it appears. It was fun and it was real having you here, but not real fun. So long.

I'm about ready for bed, no loads. You may have the next eight or so hours of pure unfettered fun and plan out your next open house for your treehouse.
Link Posted: 10/16/2001 7:34:37 PM EDT
[#25]
I am changing unions by attempting to change peoples minds about joining them.
View Quote

And whose minds would that be? I've got news for you, no load. This here little board on the world wide web and your even littler opinion ain't on everyone's pulse. Ain't no headlines for tomorrows newspapers.

Nighty night, no loads.
Link Posted: 10/16/2001 7:37:55 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Colt
I hate to bust you bubble, but have you ever had a class in econ before?  What do you think happens when wages go up?  Do you think the owners do static budgeting, or do they pass the cost off?  If they pass the cost of, who eventually pays?  Is it that prices go up and in effect the "big" increase in pay in real world terms doesn't equal a increase in pay?
View Quote

STLRN  

Take another class. Just because your wages go up does not mean everyone else's in your local economy went up also. Now in my case I make about $8 more per hour plus benefits over non-union workers in my trade.  That's $320 per week I think I am doing a little better by being in a unioin .  Just in case you think we are really driving up the cost of construction take a look at bid results, on multi million dollar projects the winning contracts are usually awarded by less than $100,000. now when one contractor pays $15/hr and another pays $23/hr plus benefits where do you think the extra money goes?
Link Posted: 10/16/2001 7:38:27 PM EDT
[#27]
Holy shit Jim_Dandy. It's Official, People like YOU are why I do not like Unions.

Link Posted: 10/16/2001 7:44:08 PM EDT
[#28]
Jim, Aviator do we have to put you two in a corner and make you hug till you can get along?
[:D] [:D]
Link Posted: 10/16/2001 7:45:18 PM EDT
[#29]
Never happen, He would want the corner built by Union workers and I would rufuse... [;)]

Link Posted: 10/16/2001 7:48:28 PM EDT
[#30]
LOL
Link Posted: 10/16/2001 8:08:15 PM EDT
[#31]
Most unions = LIBERAL
Most unions = ANTI-GUN

Nuff said......
Link Posted: 10/16/2001 9:34:57 PM EDT
[#32]
Jim Dandy using your stupid logic you should join Hangun Control Incorporated before you can comment upon thier actions.

Com-Union-Ism at it's finest.

I must be one with the collective before I can think like an individual.
Link Posted: 10/16/2001 10:00:02 PM EDT
[#33]
Aviator; I am a UNION mechanic for usairways and some times i do disagree with the union line.. but on an average i still will vote to stay union... i will not vote the union political bullshi...
Fist a couple of quick simple facts.. the union will not try to put the company out of business, cant milk a dead cow! next the union is not holding anyone hostage, this is a free country if you are not getting the care you need you can go to the next place! As stated above , if a corporation didnt think they could make a good profit they would not agree to a union contract.
The unions are very pro democrat and i dont understand why.. the dems have screwed every hard working person in the U.S. for the last 50 years. Unless you are on welfare the dems are nothing but a leach....
The union workers are very high midle class and vote like they are the people on wilfare, I don't know why.. I am a republican, that can make it on my own with out a union, I work in a profession that requires that i belong to a union to be in the major airlines.(same for the jerks that drive the things[:)]) agree or not with the politics.
when some one will not cross a picket line they are showing their solidarity and also more importantly they are showing they are honorable people! Every union in the afl-cio  that has a contract with any company or gov agency has a clause in their contract that states they can not cross a picket line made by another union... so if you have sworn not to cross a line are you going to ??? WHEN YOUR WORD IS WORTH ANY THING YOU WILL HONOR IT!!!!
Link Posted: 10/16/2001 10:09:30 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Unions are a necessary evil. Sometimes more than others. Although they are sometimes needed they usually serve to drive a wedge between the company and employees. Some unions are needed more than others. But you usually get some assholes in charge that squander your money away on hookers and liquor. Hey, where do I sign up [:D]

The problem you were running into wasn't necessary that of having a union. It was the implementation and the trouble of not having a complete union. The animosity of scabs is what causes most problems. Otherwise the union would have total control and just put the companies out of business. But for every example you can find of where a Union is abusing its power, you can find another example of where you need one cause a company is abusing its employees.

But in this case they should have just knee-capped some of these assholes.
View Quote

Unions are only a necessity when one aspires to mediocrity.  Our state services in VA are excellent, the people generally knowledgeable and hard-working, and they aren't payed the greatest in the country.  Unions don't happen in this state, period.  When I have a problem I don't want some other yahoo to represent me, I want to represent myself.  If my boss won't deal with me I quit.  If you were smart enough as a youngin you would have accrued education and good work points and would have a position of power.  If you were a jackass, you might need a union because you don't have the intelligence or the will to stand up for yourself.

"Do what you will,
just keep them damn unions up North where they belong."
Link Posted: 10/16/2001 10:25:08 PM EDT
[#35]
rg00red .... you must be mistaken about unions and substandard labor.... You are very correct in the fact that the south is non union and the north is pro union.. some grey lines here... and most of the skilled labor is in the north... most of the best education is in the north... most of the best hospitals are in the north ... most of the money is in the north... most of the major corporations are in the north.......... need i continue??? My union has not hurt my company , just the oposite...pat
Link Posted: 10/16/2001 10:35:19 PM EDT
[#36]
Dude, how much of your Union dues go to the Democratic party? Do you know? Those same Dem candidates are the ones that are fighting to take your guns. Not something I would be doing personally..

Link Posted: 10/16/2001 10:40:34 PM EDT
[#37]
Yes I know were my Union dues go.. and you can bet your arse i more than ofset them with my own contributions... and my previous comments stand..Let me guess, in a friendly off topic way, NAS Whidbey???
Link Posted: 10/16/2001 10:42:04 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
rg00red .... you must be mistaken about unions and substandard labor.... You are very correct in the fact that the south is non union and the north is pro union.. some grey lines here... and most of the skilled labor is in the north... most of the best education is in the north... most of the best hospitals are in the north ... most of the money is in the north... most of the major corporations are in the north.......... need i continue??? My union has not hurt my company , just the oposite...pat
View Quote

That's why it's called the Rust Belt, right?  That's why the fastest growing city in the nation is Atlanta, right?  That's why business has been flourishing in the South for 30 years, right?  That's why the second richest man in the world lives in VA right?  That's why Albemarle County, VA is in the top 10 wealthiest counties in the country, right(based on the monetary value of those residing in the county)?  We need not forget that major corporations have been fleeing unionized areas for the South and foreign countries for decades.

And the schools in the North?  You have got to be kidding me.  The University of Virginia has been the highest rated public university in the nation for 5 years.  It's been in the top 20 for 80 years.

I say it again, union shops are detrimental to the organizations that suffer their presence.  Governments that are union only are often the most inefficiently run and poorly rated for service.

"Do what you will,
just don't piss down my back and tell me its raining."  
Link Posted: 10/16/2001 10:42:46 PM EDT
[#39]
Read my first two posts here to answer your question.

Link Posted: 10/16/2001 10:46:34 PM EDT
[#40]
The rust belt Was a thing of the 1980's. It is gone. How many major corperations are based in the north... WHY?
Link Posted: 10/16/2001 10:48:37 PM EDT
[#41]
And I almost forgot... The south will rise again!
Link Posted: 10/16/2001 10:55:16 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
The rust belt Was a thing of the 1980's. It is gone. How many major corperations are based in the north... WHY?
View Quote

In my comments I was referring more to governments that allow their employees to form unions.  

The Rust Belt is not a thing of the 80s, it is the now my friend.  I hate to be the one to tell you this but business in the South has exploded in the South over the last 10 years while business just kind of fizzled in the North.

People and business are still flocking to the South in record numbers.

Anybody who needs somebody else to do their business for them is weak and mediocre at best.  If you can't deal with management directly to get a greivance righted, you should quit and find a better job.  Unions don't normally like people going to management before contacting their union representative.  Union run companies and governments also tend to have a seniority promotion system.  The most senior guy [b]will[/b] get the promotion, irregardless of whether there is somebody better for it.  Unions are not a good thing.

And there is also the little thing about ALL unions being Democrat.

"Do what you will,
just try to awake from the haze."
Link Posted: 10/16/2001 10:56:23 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Yes I know were my Union dues go.. and you can bet your arse i more than ofset them with my own contributions... and my previous comments stand..Let me guess, in a friendly off topic way, NAS Whidbey???
View Quote

The damage done to our rights by your Union fees cannot be undone by you donating more money to the NRA. It will help fight against the damage done, but will not undo it.

Link Posted: 10/16/2001 10:59:48 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
And I almost forgot... The south will rise again!
View Quote

You made it a Norht/South thing, not I.  I was commenting on Virginia's excellent government and the fact that it isn't unionized.  You turned that into a "all the jobs are in the North (grossly incorrect), all the better education is in the North (over-simplification of somebody who doesn't really know what the hell they are talking about, and also grossly incorrect)" argument.

Don't get pissy just because you have the debating skills of a 5th-grader.

"Do what you will,
just try to come up with something better than pathetic slogans."
Link Posted: 10/17/2001 1:08:01 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I volunteered to go on strike duty costing me about $1,000 for the week I worked it in lost wages, airline tickets from Portland to Minneapolis and hotel and food costs. I felt privelidged to be able to do this and help the Vets that came before me.
View Quote

That makes you a SCAB. You were not simply doing your duty. You voluntarilly and at your own expense went out of your way to butt into some distant labor relations in which you had no interest. You may not like the name, but you earned it. Or perhaps bought it.

You've also got love the guys who would quit, cut and run, instead of taking a stand and fighting for what you believe in when your job isn't meeting your expectations. Nope, let's just quit and run away. Who cares about hard won accrued benefits, health insurance, vested retirement plans, etc. Just give it all up without a fight. Sounds like a COWARD to me. Yup, just the type I'd want watching my six if things ever went south. If you can't even stand up for a job, how can you be trusted to be there for the hard stuff. I imagine that Canada and Mexico will be looking pretty good to you cut and run types then.

Furthermore, those of you who have your panties so bunched up about unions must really disapprove of membership in the NRA. After all, the NRA really only exists to serve and represent our collective interests and gun owners. Yup, just like a union collectively representing it's members. Or maybe there actually is something to the concept of pooling resources and speaking as one rather than going it alone.
Link Posted: 10/17/2001 1:14:45 AM EDT
[#46]
Unions! LOL

They said I should be in the union but I knew better.

At my last job I was there for only one year but in that year I made 2 times more than the union guy that have been there for 5 or 6 years.
You see I got to go in and tell the man how much money I would need to do the job the union boys take what the boss gos in and sets up for him.
So I knew that I would want to take care of my self more that the union boss would so ,I did!and the union guys are really mad but tough sh!t,try to be a big boy next time and do all by your self.
Link Posted: 10/17/2001 1:30:27 AM EDT
[#47]
Jim lets see, do a search about the Nation Guard.  Someone asked about their ability to deploy to war.  You gave some false info; specifically you were talking about the OKNG. I posted the correct info even the Battalion that was involved.  

So I guess a "load' is what you are attempting to peddle.  And I cannot join a union, some things, the defense of the nation, are too important and unions are specifically prohibited.

Well slug the unions specifically site in most of the add campaigns that they cause all wages to go up so you are going to need to talk to the union leadership about also passing the "supposed" false info.  And you cannot use on example to prove or disprove most items, if that were the case you could prove guns cause crime by looking at one crime.
Link Posted: 10/17/2001 1:53:43 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Just returned home to WA state after doing some National Guard stuff in Minnesota. The Strike there is now over.

First, I would like to say that the State workers certainly picked a shitty time to go on strike. From what I understand they are some of the highest paid state workers in the US.

Second, when the Guard was called out to go to Veterans homes, and old folks homes to care for these people the strikers on the picket lines harassed Guard members calling them trators for crossing the picket lines. A guy had the tires of his POV slashed. They even went as far as laying an American flag on the ground in the driveway so the bus carrying Guard workers in could not make it in the place (driver would not drive over it).

I must say, the last two weeks have certainly confirmed my opinions of Unions. Gotta get the number of dollars you wanted on that annual raise no matter of the timing or what else is going on in the US.

Aviator  [img]www.dredgeearthfirst.com/aviator.gif[/img]
View Quote

DAMN! I did not read all of this befor.
UNIONS=SORRY A$$ COMMIE TRATORS!
GET A ROPE!

That makes me sick,what a buch of good for nothing scum bags.
Why should any one do anything for people like that!?!?!?!
Why would anybody tell people they are part of sh!t like this.
To call sombody a trator and then do that to the flag!!!!!!!!!! I would like to put my boot down down on each and ever one of there lil. fagit commie necks!
Link Posted: 10/17/2001 1:55:00 AM EDT
[#49]
Aviator, I agree with you completely.  Just thought I'd throw some support your way, you rock!!!
Link Posted: 10/17/2001 2:15:01 AM EDT
[#50]
Loyal Union members = brainwashed sheeples

Shop Steward = laziest guy in the shop

Union picnic = worst place to drink a beer

Union dues = Union bosses pension funds

I could go on... but I'll spare you guys who are already getting pissed off.

Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top