Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/5/2002 7:02:25 AM EDT
[#1]
What does the fact that he was and Eagle Scout have anything to do with it?

Hell he graduated high school in 2000, making him at least 19 or 20 years old, and had his [b]16 year old[/b] girlfriend with him! So shouldnt it be "FBI shoots Eagle Scout Pedophile"?

Propoganda works both ways. It's best to stick with the relevant facts.
Link Posted: 3/5/2002 7:18:49 AM EDT
[#2]
OK, for those of you who don't like having "Eagle Scout" mentioned so as not to defile the integrity of the brave agent, how about this....
FBI agent notices car like perp has, follows vehicle and puts red flashy light on dash, pulls vehicle over and instead of identifying the vehicle or the people inside as those in question, the valiant agent embarks on a tactical adventure. Agent approaches vehicle and fires his "assault rifle" point blank into the drivers (not eagle scouts) face.
hows that ??
Link Posted: 3/5/2002 7:37:10 AM EDT
[#3]
The young couple...

[img]http://www.sunspot.net/media/photo/2002-03/2203903.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 3/5/2002 8:42:26 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
FBI agent notices car like perp has, follows vehicle and puts red flashy light on dash, pulls vehicle over and instead of identifying the vehicle or the people inside as those in question, the valiant agent embarks on a tactical adventure. Agent approaches vehicle and fires his "assault rifle" point blank into the drivers (not eagle scouts) face.
hows that ??
View Quote

How about FBI pulls over vehicle matching description of bank robbery suspect vehicle. FBI agent has driver at gunpoint. Driver makes furtive movement towards his waistband, FBI agent shots driver.
Link Posted: 3/5/2002 8:45:32 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
hows that ??
View Quote

How about FBI pulls over vehicle matching description of bank robbery suspect vehicle. FBI agent has driver at gunpoint. Driver makes furtive movement towards his waistband, FBI agent shots driver.
View Quote

OK, gloves off, How about dumbshit agent with itchy trigger finger fucked up ??
Link Posted: 3/5/2002 9:13:41 AM EDT
[#6]
WTF does his being 20 and her being 16 have to do with this. It's OBVIOUS that both sets of parents were allowing these kids to be together, so dump the "pedophile" garbage. I knew a 22 yr old who maried a 16 year old with the parents permission and blessings. If the parents condone the relationship, what buisness is it of the state/federal government???
As for the shooter, he should be strung up and shot.
He jumped the gun, and ruined AT LEAST one person's WHOLE LIFE.

[smoke]
Link Posted: 3/5/2002 9:17:10 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
WTF does his being 20 and her being 16 have to do with this. It's OBVIOUS that both sets of parents were allowing these kids to be together, so dump the "pedophile" garbage. I knew a 22 yr old who maried a 16 year old with the parents permission and blessings. If the parents condone the relationship, what buisness is it of the state/federal government???
View Quote

Really? So what age would be too young for a parent to allow their child to have sex with an adult? or is it always okay if the parent says so???

But like I said in my first post in this thread. His being an eagle scout is irrelevant, as is his being a child molester.
Link Posted: 3/5/2002 9:30:36 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 3/5/2002 10:39:36 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
This sounds like a classic AD to me. Do we know for sure that this was not a accident?

Kyle
View Quote

There is no such thing as an accidental discharge.  Guns very rarely suffer a mechanical failure that causes them to just go off.  If there is a finger on the trigger then it's a NEGLIGENT discharge.  There's a huge difference.

This incident is outrageous.  This is your tax dollars at work citizen!  Doesn't it make you proud?

God Bless Texas
Link Posted: 3/5/2002 10:57:19 AM EDT
[#10]
Washington Post, 3/05/02.

I just read that the FBI agent has been reassigned to another location. He is currently an active duty agent. His name will be kept confidential until a later time.

I'm a little shocked to see him not be forced to go on paid leave. And as for his name, most LEO's around here have their names released to the press right away. WHAT MAKE FBI AGENTS BETTER THAN AVERAGE LEO'S. WTF!!!

Apparently he'll go on to teach at the "Lon Horiuchi School of Firearm Tactics". WHAT A F'ing joke!
Link Posted: 3/5/2002 11:59:27 AM EDT
[#11]
So I wonder if the FBI TAUGHT him to stage that trigger like that or if it was just a horrible, rookie, newbie mistake?  Not that it matters, especially since it's being covered up.  I ca hear it now "Well sir, he screwed up but I think he'll be a great agent some day, just give him a slap on the wrist"

[pissed]
Link Posted: 3/5/2002 12:32:28 PM EDT
[#12]
Hey, maybe we should all chip in and buy the kid his own M4, at least that way he stands a fighting chance.
Link Posted: 3/5/2002 1:47:39 PM EDT
[#13]
WHO SAID THEY WERE HAVING SEX! Not all people who date have a problem with self control. Get off your high horse. A 16 and 20 year old are not children, IF they are having sex neither one is a child and he would not be a pedophile. That has nothing to do with the issue anyway.
Link Posted: 3/5/2002 1:54:07 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
WHO SAID THEY WERE HAVING SEX! Not all people who date have a problem with self control. Get off your high horse. A 16 and 20 year old are not children, IF they are having sex neither one is a child and he would not be a pedophile. That has nothing to do with the issue anyway.
View Quote

I think it is also highly appropriate to note that the good people of Maryland established 16 years of age as the age of consent among it's residents.  Therefore, even sexual relations between the two would have been legal.  But you are right that it is not necessarily the case that people who are dating are having sex.  I dated many people I did not have sex with. [}:D]

God Bless Texas
Link Posted: 3/5/2002 2:02:15 PM EDT
[#15]
This story you are reading about happened in my home town(walking distance from my house) and from the knowledge and experience i have with the local police Eastern district Anne Arundel Police (total fuckups!) i wouldn't doubt that they had just as many screw up Feds with them!

[b]Come for my guns....I'll give ya the bullets first![/b][50]
Link Posted: 3/5/2002 2:16:45 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 3/5/2002 4:55:13 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

Quoted:

OK, gloves off, How about dumbshit agent with itchy trigger finger fucked up ??
View Quote

I think AR15fan asks a legitimate question......Having said that Spectre I like you more with the "gloves off", You put the blame one the guy that did the shooting, and offered an analysis of the possible reason, that appears consistent with the news reports.

I still have questions, non-bashers only, let's see

1) Why would undercover cars/agents be involved in a planned takedown of a potentially armed suspect? If it is planned why didn't they plan marked cars/officers to initiate the stop?

2) Why did ANYONE approach the suspect vehicle after it was stopped. In most "high risk" traffic stops the occupants of the vehicle are ordered out, at gun point, by officers who remain behind cover.

3) Why was the agent aiming at someones face? Is it because that is what was visible, or was there info about body armor? Or was that something else that is off kilter?

4) Why did they ID this guy as a possible suspect?

5) Who cares about the BF/GF relationship, that has NOTHING to do with this incident. Just like being an Eagle Scout has nothing to do with this.
Link Posted: 3/5/2002 7:03:08 PM EDT
[#18]
Really? So what age would be too young for a parent to allow their child to have sex with an adult? or is it always okay if the parent says so???

But like I said in my first post in this thread. His being an eagle scout is irrelevant, as is his being a child molester.
View Quote

So, he's a child molester?  You've seen them having sex?  That makes you a peeping tom pervert, I guess.  This thread has gone down the sewer.
Link Posted: 3/5/2002 8:28:23 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

Yo, asshole, how do you know they were having sex?

Were you watching?

Were you stalking them?

Do you hang around rape trials screaming, "The little slut was asking for it!  She's a whore!"

If not, why are you bringing an irrelevant bit of your own wet-dream-inspired bullshit into this thread?  Are you just trying to blame the victim?  Impugning the young man's character to try to take attention away from the FBI agent who shot him in the face?
Link Posted: 3/5/2002 9:18:43 PM EDT
[#20]
This article had a little more info than the previous one.  It says the kid was shot while removing his seatbelt to comply with orders to get out of the vehicle.

[URL]http://www.sunspot.net/news/custom/guns/bal-fbishooting04.story?coll=bal%2Dhome%2Dheadlines[/URL]
Link Posted: 3/5/2002 9:34:30 PM EDT
[#21]
... This story disturbs me more than anything else in the news lately.
Link Posted: 3/5/2002 9:55:11 PM EDT
[#22]
[b][i]Let me settle a few things going around on this thread,First off the road Ft.Smallwood( I live about 5 seconds away when not at school) is not any place they would be having sex,it is a somewhat fast moving road with many many businesses and homes on that road and I highly doubt that they were having sex on this road let alone the fact that if they were having sex.Why would he be needed to take his seatbelt off if they were in the act?[/i][/b]

[u]Come for my guns......I'll give ya the bullets first![/u][50]
Link Posted: 3/5/2002 10:12:06 PM EDT
[#23]
Cop bashers.

During this time of national crisis, it is critical that the FBI expand from it's traditional law enforcement role into child protective services, much as the BATF did 9 years ago.

The agent was well within Horiuchi policy guidelines for shooting a possible threat with ties to a paramilitary group and should receive a commendation for bravery and valor.
Link Posted: 3/7/2002 10:57:52 AM EDT
[#24]
This whole scenario is just wrong. You don't shoot into a car in this situation (no, I’m not a LEO). They weren't in “Hot Pursuit” of a bank robber; they were just checking a car that fit the general description. Every FBI agent involved should be locked up for being stupid and dangerous. Just for starters.
Link Posted: 3/7/2002 11:26:44 PM EDT
[#25]
Some new information on the case has come out, if anyone is interested.

Read it at [url]http://www.sunspot.net/news/local/bal-shooting05.story[/url] and [url]http://www.sunspot.net/news/custom/guns/bal-shoot06.story[/url]

Apparently the bank robber was ALREADY IN CUSTODY when this occured.  The victim's vehicle also bore NO resemblance to either the getaway car, or the vehicle the criminal was last seen driving.  The victim may have bore some superficial resemblance to the robber.

The agent is BACK ON THE STREET (in an assignment where the need to use deadly force is "unlikely.")

Assault with a deadly weapon.  Reckless Endangerment.  Excessive use of force.  Why the hell isn't this guy in county awaiting indictment and trial?
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top