BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 6:04:00 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Whats the actual name for black snakes?  I have no idea what they're actually called we just call them black snakes.  Here in southern Indiana I've seen them up to 8 or 9 feet, usually smaller.  I've mostly seen them on pavement in the summer...driveways, roads, etc...

Sounds like a black racer....

This guy?
Link

ETA:  Black Racers and BR870's (black racer 870???) own pg 2!
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 6:08:15 AM EDT
[#2]
Snake racist here.

Round eye snakes get a bye. Slit eyed snakes get a bullet.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 6:09:12 AM EDT
[#3]
Actually killed a Diamond back with a paintball gun. Me and my buddies were out doing the paintball thing and this damn 8 foot rattle snake that was in the midle of the trail rattled and struck at me, I instinctively lowered my gun and shot it. I yelled for the other guys and the four of us let loose are paintball firestorm and killed the poor bastard. It was kind of interesting to see the snake strike at the paintballs and get knocked back each time. I normally don't go out of my way to kill things, but this snake struck first.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 6:10:10 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

I'd take 1000 snakes over 1 spider any day

I couldn't care less about snakes, but if there was a spider, I'd kill it faster than barack says um in a press conference

Yup.... I absolutely hate spiders, too.
I used to catch snakes like the one you are showing with my bare hands.... chasing them around my grandpa's shop through the weeds. They're fun little dudes.

Link Posted: 3/28/2009 6:13:20 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Snake racist here.

Round eye snakes get a bye. Slit eyed snakes get a bullet.

That isn't a definitive way of telling whether or not a snake is venomous.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 6:18:15 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Let him go in the woodpile.

http://i41.tinypic.com/29bdqfk.jpg[/url]

That is one good lookin animal

Link Posted: 3/28/2009 6:33:49 AM EDT
[#7]
Yours is bigger than mine

Link Posted: 3/28/2009 6:39:36 AM EDT
[#8]

That one is a couple months old, pretty cool that they give birth to live young instead of going the egg route.

Link Posted: 3/28/2009 6:40:57 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I'm not...snakes don't bother me.

But all spiders MUST DIE

THIS,   DEATH TO ALL SPIDERS !!

Link Posted: 3/28/2009 6:44:04 AM EDT
[#10]
Snakes are from the devil !

Spiders too !
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 7:01:58 AM EDT
[#11]
From a Prairie Dog hunt a few years back.  These things were hanging off of us like "Dog Ticks"....

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top