Link Posted: 3/15/2011 4:42:44 PM EDT
[#1]
I'll say it again, CASH IS KING!
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 4:43:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Cash ONLY
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 4:45:46 PM EDT
[#3]
I am married, what is this "cash" you speak of.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 4:46:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I'll say it again, CASH IS KING!

Why?
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 4:47:13 PM EDT
[#5]
on average 2k
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 4:49:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
For you card guys, how do you pay your buddy for the lunch he picked up for you? How do you pay for the beer at the art fair? How do you pay for parking? Tip the doorman?  

When i offer to pick up lunch for everyone at work, all the kids who want me to buy their food with six different cards end up going hungry.

Art fair? Paid parking? Where do you thing I live?

Link Posted: 3/15/2011 4:50:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
If I ever have cash on me its because my wife doesnt know it. I pay for everything with a debit card,

I think my wife has a sister she doesn't know about.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 4:53:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Cash only here.  Plastic for the occasional online purchase.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 4:54:07 PM EDT
[#9]
I rarely do.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 4:54:29 PM EDT
[#10]
I'm a budget Nazi. DC/CC all the way.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 4:54:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 5:02:16 PM EDT
[#12]
Always carry cash.  50.00-100.00 unless traveling,  then considerably more.   Also use debit card for normal use, but always carry cash.   It is prudent, not old fashion.   Same to fill up at 1/2 tank. Carry supplies in your vehicle.  Gun on your person at all time.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 5:04:03 PM EDT
[#13]
I get paid that way almost every day
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 5:11:51 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I keep $100 for emergencies in my wallet and never touch it. Other then that I rarely have cash unless I am going to a cash only or cash preferred venue like a gun show or swap meet.

+1 Pawn shops are another place for cash deals
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 5:12:20 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

On average, $200

Link Posted: 3/15/2011 5:13:11 PM EDT
[#16]
I usually try to keep at least $60 on hand in cash, but I use debit for everything.  Never know when your card might not work, but at the same time if I lose $60 it's not a big deal.

To those who think cash is king, I've seen more places recently that have "NO CASH/CHECKS" signs than no credit signs.  Welcome to the twenty first century.

Link Posted: 3/15/2011 5:16:19 PM EDT
[#17]
Cash for everything out in the real world

Credit card for online purchases

Checks for paying the monthly bills (power, gas, internets, etc)

I don't even understand what a debit card is.

Link Posted: 3/15/2011 5:17:42 PM EDT
[#18]
Cash only.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 5:18:32 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

I'm a budget Nazi. DC/CC all the way.

I'm a budget Nazi who passed the 3rd grade and knows how to use a pencil.

I carry some cash at all times.  Only a fool doesn't.  When the world goes to electronic standard... fine.  Until then, things happen.  

I wonder how many of the folks who post they use CC and Debit only carry only 1 round in the chamber and no spare mags.  Ever.  

Just saying...  Things happen.

Link Posted: 3/15/2011 5:19:29 PM EDT
[#20]
I have about 90 bucks on me right now.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 5:22:29 PM EDT
[#21]
Some of you gun owners sound scared to have a little cash on you.  I always carry cash on me. I am always stopping at yard sales, flea markets, pawn shops, coin shops and the like. That is when cash is king.

I could go on and on about the deals I have gotten over the years by having cash on me.  These include a Norinco 84-s AK, a Heywood Wakefield desk, a Chelsea U.S. gov clock and other great items.  

Here is another thing to think about, do you really want someone to be able to track everything you have bought ?

If you use a C.C. at a bar you are a fool and that guy who holds up the line. I have see a State Attorney cut a subpoena for C.C. records on a DUI case. A girl crashed right down the street from the bar and the state was able to prove she had just used her C.C at that bar right before the crash.  

Just think about some of that stuff.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 5:27:01 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 5:36:17 PM EDT
[#23]
I don't carry the shit around with me.  I hate stopping by the bank to get the shit, I hate getting ripped off by some atm when there is no bank nearby, and I encounter very few businesses that don't accept cards.

And please, tell me what is quicker?  Quick swipe of the card or fiddle fucking around in your pocket to find a goddamn penny?  The only thing I hate worse than someone fiddling around for a fucking nickel/penny are check writers.

As an added benefit I no longer have to touch money that has been up a strippers ass crack, in some kid's mouth, on the floor of a public restroom, etc.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 5:38:45 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Some of you gun owners sound scared to have a little cash on you.  I always carry cash on me. I am always stopping at yard sales, flea markets, pawn shops, coin shops and the like. That is when cash is king.

I could go on and on about the deals I have gotten over the years by having cash on me.  These include a Norinco 84-s AK, a Heywood Wakefield desk, a Chelsea U.S. gov clock and other great items.  

Here is another thing to think about, do you really want someone to be able to track everything you have bought ?

If you use a C.C. at a bar you are a fool and that guy who holds up the line. I have see a State Attorney cut a subpoena for C.C. records on a DUI case. A girl crashed right down the street from the bar and the state was able to prove she had just used her C.C at that bar right before the crash.  

Canada must be a bit different. Flea markets are shit up here (unless you want to buy produce, or airbrushed t-shirts). Yard sales, I've stopped at a couple, but usually to just ask if they have any guns they want to get rid of (no one has taken me up on that offer yet) Pawn shops are almost non-existent since I was a young boy (not long ago, only 21) besides, up here they never have guns.  I'm not into the tinfoil enough yet to care about tracking my purchases.

My favorite computer store has cash discounts, but I just use debit for that.

Also, chipped cards makes using CC faster than cash.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 5:40:47 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Canada must be a bit different. Flea markets are shit up here (unless you want to buy produce, or airbrushed t-shirts). Yard sales, I've stopped at a couple, but usually to just ask if they have any guns they want to get rid of (no one has taken me up on that offer yet) Pawn shops are almost non-existent since I was a young boy (not long ago, only 21) besides, up here they never have guns.  I'm not into the tinfoil enough yet to care about tracking my purchases.

...they can also track your location by the chip
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 5:44:20 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

...they can also track your location by the chip

lolwut
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 5:44:57 PM EDT
[#27]
I'm a college kid and I prefer cash.

Only use debit card for larger purchases. So for me thats like anything over $100

I've also never used an ATM.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 5:46:52 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Do people not carry cash anymore?

I guess it's "old fashion"

Do you mean old fashioned?

Thank you.  
I was thinking the very same thing.

Now, back to the thread...
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 5:47:27 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Cash is king.

Definitely.

I carry more than I should but you never know when someone in need of cash is wanting to sell you a firearm.

Fat lot of good your plastic does you then.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 5:50:18 PM EDT
[#30]
Rarely.  I'm too frivilous with cash.  I put more thought into "Do I really need this?" when I'm pulling my debit card for some reason.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 5:51:13 PM EDT
[#31]
I usually try to have from $20-$100 for spending cash.  Coffee, gum, etc.  $100 will last me 6+ weeks.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 5:52:23 PM EDT
[#32]
I carry cash.  Cash is king and is the ultimate bargaining tool.  Make an offer on a gun in a shop.  The FFL will take cash on the barrel long before he'll take CC.

NJ has two different gas prices - one for credit/debit, and a much lower one for cash.

The dollar is very flexible.  There are times when plastic shines, but I have never had a problem with cash.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 5:53:35 PM EDT
[#33]
I always pay for meals with cash. CC number has been stolen too many times to do otherwise.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 5:54:48 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
NJ has two different gas prices - one for credit/debit, and a much lower one for cash.

Strange. I've heard of cash discounts, but they've always included debit, as the transaction cost is negligible.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 5:57:27 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

THIS
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 5:57:39 PM EDT
[#36]
I always have a little on hand.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 6:00:58 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Quoted:

THIS

A debit card is a card linked to your bank acct, that is used exactly like a CC.

How else do you get money out of the bank?
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 6:04:26 PM EDT
[#38]
I use a pre-paid CC for online transactions so I can only spend what I put in it. I use cash for everything I buy in the real world. I paid cash for a new Kimber Solo at my local FFL and the counter clerks looked at me like I must of just robbed a bank or something. Seeing lots of real paper cash is out of the norm these days.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 6:17:52 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

The debit card is for unemployment.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 6:19:23 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Cash is king.

Link Posted: 3/15/2011 6:20:50 PM EDT
[#41]
Cash is king!!
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 6:21:36 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 6:22:21 PM EDT
[#43]
Everybody here A REAL man carries at least 20k in cash plus a few pounds of gold bullion at all times.

Link Posted: 3/15/2011 6:23:09 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

THIS

A debit card is a card linked to your bank acct, that is used exactly like a CC.

I walk in my bank once a month and get a bunch of cash?

Link Posted: 3/15/2011 6:26:07 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
Cash in my pocket all day every day..

I despise those f****ers that pay for one black and mild at the 7-11 with a C/C..
I cannot fathom not having a buckforty nine in your pocket..

Whew all better now.

That would be me, I refuse to pay for cash when I have my company credit card on me.

Makes accounting easy and the need to go to the bank is a waste of my valuable time.  Plus, I have a great credit score.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 6:27:39 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I always carry cash.  Credit card/computer systems have been known to go down once in awhile.

Oh, I have cash in there but save it for "special purchases" and show.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 6:27:56 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

THIS

step 1- walk in bank
step 2- hand debit card to teller
step 3-ask for money
step 4- ???
step 5- profit!

They wont do anything to your account without a card up here.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 6:29:19 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

THIS

Are you like 60?

ETA: Or a bank robber?
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 6:29:22 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Nope I use debit/credit for everything I buy.

Do you still mail checks to pay your bills too?

If I can't pay cash, I write a check.

Oh...that guy that takes twice as long in line......
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 6:30:53 PM EDT
[#50]
cash on the weekends and cards during the week
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top