[#1]
Chevy Tahoe is the best value
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 4:38:48 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:
for about the same price get an H2

He didn't say he was gay though.....

Since when was an H2 gay...last I heard was that it was made by GM, does that make it suck?

He is considering a GM SUV so why not an H2? It will hold more value than any of the other options presented.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 4:44:15 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Since when was an H2 gay...last I heard was that it was made by GM, does that make it suck?

He is considering a GM SUV so why not an H2? It will hold more value than any of the other options presented.

Because the H2 is a collosal waste of money by middle aged soccer moms, guys with exposed chest hair and 10 lbs of gold jewlery in Tampa/Miami, and fags.

It's a yuppified over priced 3/4 ton Chevy truck, of which he'd be better off with. I don't care for either one. If it's for true offroading find an honest to GOD H1
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 4:50:06 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Because the H2 is a collosal waste of money by middle aged soccer moms, guys with exposed chest hair and 10 lbs of gold jewlery in Tampa/Miami, and fags.

It's a yuppified over priced 3/4 ton Chevy truck, of which he'd be better off with. I don't care for either one. If it's for true offroading find an honest to GOD H1

I recall that AlanC556 said he wanted an SUV, not an honest to GOD offroading monster.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 4:54:07 PM EDT
[#5]
BMW X3. Unless you need the size to compensate for something.

CW
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 5:36:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Ok I should have specified what I needed it for,  It will mostly be for on road use, however I do go off roading when hunting or doing other outdoor activities, and I will also need the 4wd for the winter.  I don't want a Lexus RX300 of BMW X3 or X5 for that matter because they have a very limited off road capability and are much like minivans,

a friend of mine has a porsche cayanne and I have ridden in it and while it had a nice ride I thought it should be placed in the same caegory as the BMW X5 as far as off road use goes,

I currently have a 2000 ZR2 blazer and I like it's off roading ability, but it is small and only a 2 door, I think I like the toyota sequoia the best, but will also take a look at the 4Runner

Link Posted: 10/1/2004 5:47:33 PM EDT
[#7]
The Expedition is best suited if you are going to tow.  The transmission in the Tahoe 4L60E
doesn't hold up well if worked and even if it is not, a transmission cooler is must. I'm not familiar with the 2003-4 models but if you can get a Tahoe with the 4L80E (these are one of the best ever)transmission that comes in the 3/4 ton Pick-ups it would be ideal.

The Rule: Always change your transmission fluid and filter every 12000-15000 miles.
This apply's to all vehicles.  Don't believe any owners manual that says to go more!
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 8:36:21 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Ok I should have specified what I needed it for,  It will mostly be for on road use, however I do go off roading when hunting or doing other outdoor activities, and I will also need the 4wd for the winter.  I don't want a Lexus RX300 of BMW X3 or X5 for that matter because they have a very limited off road capability and are much like minivans,

a friend of mine has a porsche cayanne and I have ridden in it and while it had a nice ride I thought it should be placed in the same caegory as the BMW X5 as far as off road use goes,

I currently have a 2000 ZR2 blazer and I like it's off roading ability, but it is small and only a 2 door, I think I like the toyota sequoia the best, but will also take a look at the 4Runner

OK then, Volkswagen Toureg. Even 4 Wheeler magazine said it was pretty amazing off-road. Essentially a Cayanne without the frills and more off-road capability.

CW
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 8:38:14 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

OK then, Volkswagen Toureg. Even 4 Wheeler magazine said it was pretty amazing off-road. Essentially a Cayanne without the frills and more off-road capability.

CW

We had a thread here where the defects are SO BAD that a dealership has replaced 8 out of 11 Toureg's it's sold with NEW vehicles.

Too much like a station wagon to me anyway.  Look familar?

Yesterdays "Toureg":

Todays Toureg:
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 12:18:01 PM EDT
[#10]
I'd say none of the above.

My mom has an '00 Chevy Blazer LT 4X4 4 door.  Fits everything well, powerful 4.3L V6,  gets good mileage.  Do you want a 4 or 2 door?  If you're buying new, '05 is available in 2 door only.  If you want a 4 door, obviously you're out of luck for an '05.  But you might be able to find an '04 four-door or buy used.  

But if you're really dying to get a full-size, go with the tahoe.  
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 12:18:48 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Out of those three I pick the Porshche Cayanne.

That car is an insult to car purists everywhere.  
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 12:26:54 PM EDT
[#12]
get one of these.

Link Posted: 10/2/2004 1:24:44 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
get one of these.

img.photobucket.com/albums/v423/wheelow/456gtwagon3.bmp
img.photobucket.com/albums/v423/wheelow/456gtwagon4.bmp

wtf! is that a ferrari wagon! Me likey, but its kinda remicent of an accord wagon
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 1:47:30 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 1:49:53 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:
get one of these.

img.photobucket.com/albums/v423/wheelow/456gtwagon3.bmp
img.photobucket.com/albums/v423/wheelow/456gtwagon4.bmp

wtf! is that a ferrari wagon! Me likey, but its kinda remicent of an accord wagon

Yes, a Ferrari 456GT wagon.  Not a production car, but custom made specifically for The Sultan of Brunei.  He has several 456GT wagons, and a few custom made 456GT convertibles.  Also, a non wagon, 4 door 456GT.
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 1:53:29 PM EDT
[#16]
Get a Honda Pilot!!!  They are sweet!  Make sure to get it with leather too!
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 2:22:03 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

For the same price you can get a much better SUV.

How about looking into a Lexus RX300 or RX330?
Those are much better cars  .

You just sank yourself when you spoke the TRUTH.

The Lexus are better cars

If you 'need' an SUv  (SUCar), you are better off just getting that minivan.  Kid seats make any car look uncool, might as well cut to the chase...............

The minivan is just as off-road capable, as well.

http://www.fuh2.com            
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 2:24:05 PM EDT
[#18]
I also have an Expidition and just LOVE it.

Plenty of power and TONS of rome.  I picked over the Tahoe for style and comfort features.

My only complaint is gas mileage, but I knew avbout that.

I ave 10 mpg in the city.  

SGatr15
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top