Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 4:17:52 AM EDT
[#1]
If you're going to be "old school", get navy blue blazers, with the team crest embroidered on the breast...

But honest to God!
Pink polo shirts with "Chess Club" on them?
Don't do that to those poor kids.

Why don't you cut to the chase, and just have the kids dress up in Star Trek uniforms?
The Captain of the team can be Captain Picard...
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 4:18:14 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I can respect the chess club part.  But don't go pink.  Pink is the color of women and homosexuals.  It just is.  I see kids wearing pink all the time at my college now and shake my head.  It's part of the gender-bender metrosexual agenda.  Forces that dictate fashion want a more homo-friendly world.  Resist fashion.  It's stupid.  I don't mean totally, but you can resist the little yellow Livestrong bracelets and upturned polo shirt colors.  

Pink was traditionally known as a 'manly' color. Part of the Ohio state house (senate chamber?) is painted pink, because anything with red in it was considered masculine. Perhaps you are the one going with a temporary trend?

I dunno...how long has pink been the traditional color for newborn baby girl's clothes?  I can think of some pretty damn deep seated reasons why the color pink might be associated with women in general instead of men.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 4:21:36 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 4:23:12 AM EDT
[#4]
Look, I'll cede that pink has its place in certain preppy/yacht club/golfing venues.
It can indeed look sharp, if you know what you're doing.

But the sight of the entire chess team, strolling around with these shirts...

TOO FUCKING DORKY.

Link Posted: 9/29/2004 4:26:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 4:26:45 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

uhhhh, you really think pink is the best choice for the chess club?

+1 on that
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 4:35:24 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 4:52:16 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Pink shirts? Chess club?  Are you guys looking to go down in history as the most beat up vigins ever?

Who made the decision to get pink shirts?

Actually, confident men can get away with wearing pink.  However, I can't imagine a high school chess team as being confident or cocky enough, but I could be wrong.

In the high school here, the muslim guys wear pink.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 5:06:22 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I will need 15 or so pink polo shirts for the chess club that I'm starting (high school). They'll be embroidered (knight, "Chess Club" underneath). What's the best place to buy from? I don't know where to start. Thanks guys.

I realize nerd jokes will be made. Have at it.

Just buy 15 white ones and I'll wash em for ya....
(Hey, it worked before...)
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 5:07:50 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Look, I'll cede that pink has its place in certain preppy/yacht club/golfing venues.
It can indeed look sharp, if you know what you're doing.

here, it will clash with the acne.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 5:46:27 AM EDT
[#11]
C'mon man . PINK! Really ? Why? PINK? Sorry fella , can't help you with that one. I just don't know where you would get bulk shirts .
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 6:05:12 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 6:30:52 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Actually, pink is becoming the new hot color for the young people.  I don't understand it, but it's happening.  I personally like blue, but orange works if I want to be an eyesore.

And wasn't pink and black a combo worn by hoodlums back in the 50's?

Remember the Alamo, and God Bless Texas...

Pink and black were the original school colors for...

Legend has it that the pink dye wasn't very good and quickly faded to white, and black and white are boring school colors.

I don't understand why the school colors aren't green and gold - Dear Old State started out as the Farmers High School.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 6:32:53 AM EDT
[#14]
SW

I am dismayed no one really turned you on to a good place here it is

All the pink stuff you can use.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 6:42:51 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
If you're going to be "old school", get navy blue blazers, with the team crest embroidered on the breast...

But honest to God!
Pink polo shirts with "Chess Club" on them?
Don't do that to those poor kids.

Why don't you cut to the chase, and just have the kids dress up in Star Trek uniforms?
The Captain of the team can be Captain Picard...

And join the Pink Pistols while they're at it.

Link Posted: 9/29/2004 6:56:02 AM EDT
[#16]
I can't believe nobody has glommed onto this...

The freakin' 80's are back. I can't believe it either. Next step: unconstructed linen sport coats and  neon volleyball shorts.

eek!

-Z
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 7:51:49 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Pink shirts? Chess club?  Are you guys looking to go down in history as the most beat up vigins ever?

Actually, confident men can get away with wearing pink.  However, I can't imagine a high school chess team as being confident or cocky enough, but I could be wrong.

My friend Nick said he wanted pink shirts. After that, it was pretty much an agreement between myself, Nick, and Jaz (another kid in chess club).

As far as confidence, we've got it...particularly Jaz and myself.

A few girls and a few guys (not nerds in the least) here wear pink.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 8:22:08 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

My friend Nick said he wanted pink shirts. After that, it was pretty much an agreement between myself, Nick, and Jaz (another kid in chess club).

As far as confidence, we've got it...particularly Jaz and myself.

A few girls and a few guys (not nerds in the least) here wear pink.

Maybe there is a reason those boys are popular with the girls / some guys.
Who knows more about stylish and trandy clothes?

Maybe they smoke the pole?
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top