Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 1:14:28 PM EDT
[#1]
My opinion is if you are armed you cannot allow yourself to get into a physical altercation. You would have to pull your CCW if you were about to get "jumped" and could not prevent it.  There is no way in hell you should allow yourself to be on the ground getting your ass kicked and the perp grabs your gun and shoots you.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 1:22:58 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
A loooong time ago a golden gloves boxer had his way with my face bare knuckle.

He was some local tough guy and was sicked on me by his friends on a false accusation.

Turns out they did this often and he always went for it. His dad was also a local detective.

He sucker punched me a good one when I wasn't looking. By the time I realized what happened,
he hit me again.

Then for some odd reason I went all "Rocky" on him and just stood there with my arms down
and said "Is that all you got punk."

He kept hitting and I kept taunting.

I was seeing stars like in the cartoons and could have swore I went down ten times.(was told later that I never did)

Later someone said to him "Do you know who you are hitting?" and said my name.

I had a bit of a rep back when I was in school, and since he was still in school he had heard about me.

He decided to stop pounding me and left.

I was just on a cig run when it happened and went home to bed.

The next morning I wake up and I can literately see my face, both my cheeks, my brows and my
nose. I haven't even looked in the mirror yet. When I did it looked like this

My wife about shit and asked me what the hell happened "You just went to get cigarettes"

"I taught a punk a lesson"

That kid looked over his shoulders for the next 8 years until I moved away.

The funnest beating I ever took

GM

Glad you can look at it like that! I never could.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 1:23:50 PM EDT
[#3]
I thought this was about sex. I was looking forward to reading some moronic replies.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 1:24:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Back in '98.
An assault which led to hysterectomy, knee surgery, and 8 herniated discs.

He didn't walk away with nothin though! I am positive he had to have some very expensive dental work done.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 1:31:56 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
It seems with the talk of pulling pistols, we are beginning to move into the "gray area" here.

What warrants drawing down?

If you're being attacked by a mob of people, I think that might qualify. If the attacker is armed with a pipe, club or a machete, that would be another.

But where things start to get a little gray is when you are talking about being attacked by one or two unarmed individuals, especially one. I am sure there are plenty of 1 vs 1 fights that lead to major league ass kickings. But unless the attacker is armed or a real beast 2-3 times your size, are you justified in shooting them?

IMHO, unless you are in a situation where you are willing to shoot and justified to shoot, you better leave the weapon where it is. If you draw it, you better be willing to use it.

There are lots of gray areas where one can';t shoot but can't just go it with bare hands either. This is where martial arts, tasers, pepper spray, etc come into play.

As of October 1st in Florida there will be no more "grey area". I will legally assume an attacker chooses to do me grievous bodily harm or possibly kill me.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 2:19:15 PM EDT
[#6]
I was always picked on, mostly by jocks, one came to me a few years ago and apoligized, he said I was anice guy and never did anything to anyone...that and I was like an 8th degree Black Belt and something about not holding a grudge.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 2:32:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Haven't been beat down that bad before.

In regards to drawing down, in Co., there are very specific criteria for this, you need to be in a situation you cannot possibly avoid (run), disparaging force against you (several attackers- or armed) You need to be in fear of your life or "grave bodily harm".

I think this is ok, you shouldn't be pulling a gun unless it is to save your life IMHO..

Link Posted: 8/17/2005 12:31:32 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Haven't been beat down that bad before.

In regards to drawing down, in Co., there are very specific criteria for this, you need to be in a situation you cannot possibly avoid (run), disparaging force against you (several attackers- or armed) You need to be in fear of your life or "grave bodily harm".

I think this is ok, you shouldn't be pulling a gun unless it is to save your life IMHO..

In Texas, I think it's if they look at you crossed eyed.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top