Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 10:22:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Texas will kick all asses.  I will move back if they decide to do this.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 10:30:47 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I don't think its too feasible however I've often thought how nice it would be to split Oregon into Eastern Oregon and Western Oregon.  How did West Virginia break apart from Virginia? or any of the other states split.

Patty

State of Jefferson

The two X's symbolize being doublecrossed by Salem and Sacramento
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 10:55:11 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
You'll never be allowed to leave the nation any more than any other state was ever allowed to leave.

That is the correct answer.  It will never happen.  I do recall that Texas would be able to split into something like five states bt law, but that also will never happen.  Nobody else wants Texas to have that much power (10 Senators from Texas)

Just like California will never be allowed to split into 3 States like what was talked about for the past 10 years. (Can you imagine 6 Senators from California?)
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 11:16:18 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Prayers sent!

You just don't want USC to get is behind handed to them again during the Rose Bowl.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 7:37:19 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted: So what would it take? Would you be for it?
A mass defection of US military units with their equipment and their families to the Republic of Texas.  Yeah, I'd be for it.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 7:41:03 AM EDT
[#6]
I'd be moving to texas so fast!  Who do you think would be elected as Texas President?
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 7:45:41 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Texas was once its own nation.  I think its about time that Texas once again becomes its own nation.  Liberalism has infected much of the country and I would hate to see Texas catch that infection now....or anythime in the future.

So what will it take?

Would you be for it?

It'as already too late Liberalism has already infected the state. The more yankees and Kalifornians move here the worse it gets.

I'd gladly take all the Yankees and Kalifornians that are members here, and trade them for the likes of Molly Ivins and her ilk that own Austin.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 7:49:34 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Texas was once its own nation.  I think its about time that Texas once again becomes its own nation.  Liberalism has infected much of the country and I would hate to see Texas to catch the infection now....or anythime in the future.

So what will it take?

Would you be for it?

Texas was once Mexico too.

Still is
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 9:01:47 AM EDT
[#9]
Not sure if ppl would remember this film a few years ago, an HBO film called, "The Second Civil War" ,which depicts a situation not unlike the topic at hand. Although it's not Texas, in the end, it does address many of the questions raised about the topic of a state's seccession(sp?).

Just my 2 pence...
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 9:15:40 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Can Texas fly its flag as high as the American?  Or did we loose that right we we re-joined the union?

We actually are every single day, federal law dictates how tall our capital building can be but we built it on an elevation higher than the goverment buildings in D.C. so yes we are flying our Texas flag higher than the Federal Gov is flying the US flag.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 9:25:02 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 9:25:14 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Can Texas fly its flag as high as the American?  Or did we loose that right we we re-joined the union?

We actually are every single day, federal law dictates how tall our capital building can be but we built it on an elevation higher than the goverment buildings in D.C. so yes we are flying our Texas flag higher than the Federal Gov is flying the US flag.

link?

Link Posted: 1/7/2006 9:34:26 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Texas was once its own nation.  I think its about time that Texas once again becomes its own nation.  Liberalism has infected much of the country and I would hate to see Texas to catch the infection now....or anythime in the future.

So what will it take?

Would you be for it?

still is

There's a lot of this great nation that is slowly reverting back to mexican control. Now, when I say mexican control I don't mean officialy under the jurisdiction of that country south of our border. I mean to say that mexican's have effective control over the population and the flow of money. I don't mean to say that there are smokey back rooms were illegals meet to discuss housing and economic interest of the region. I am saying that mexicans can come and go as they please, ignore any and all laws or customs without fear of prosecution, and take whatever they want. That in my mind is control of an area.

Why would mexico really want to actually take over when they can still send all their people here and get us to foot the bill? Mexico doesn't want Texas and it's illegal alien problem. Maybe some of the LaRaza maggots have wet dreams at night over their shared dillusions of a promised land.

Texas won't leave the union. If however I am wrong. I think it'd be a perfect place to live. I imagine, given the liberals nature of leaving the state every time things don't go their way, that it would soon be liberal free. Then I'd hope the remaining conservatives would get rid of all the illegals, get rid of welfare, correct (by eliminating) all gun laws, and build a defended fortified wall around the whole state.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 9:38:08 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
You'll never be allowed to leave the nation any more than any other state was ever allowed to leave.

allowed, lmfao you think we're going to ask permission

You don't really want to have to surrender to us twice, do you?

Remember we have machines to make snow hurricanes, all your forces will call in sick!

Fixed it!

HH
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 9:39:42 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
The 5 state split is incorrect. It cant happen. The war settled all these issues. Why are texans trying to rewrite history? Uneducated? Wishful thinking? Drugs? All of the afore mentioned?

U.S Constitution
Article IV

Section 3. New states may be admitted by the Congress into this union but no new states shall be formed or erected within the jurisdiction of any other state, nor any state be formed by the junction of two or more states, or parts of states, without the consent of the legislatures of the states concerned as well as of the Congress.

Well dont we have an internet Billy Bad ass on our hands, Shut up and mind your manners.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 10:03:33 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 10:11:09 AM EDT
[#17]
You guys talking about seceding from this great Nation are as bad as the immigrants that refuse to learn our language or assimilate into American culture. Get over it.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 10:15:10 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Would you be for it?

Yep, I have a decent size land around 800+ acres in West Texas some of which are under a "mineral" lease by various companies, I can always take 'em back and make us a little Arfcom town.

All I'm asking in return is that I be the Mayor....
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 12:09:50 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

allowed, lmfao you think we're going to ask permission

+1

It's already allowed.  That was one of the conditions of joining the union.  It's the only state that is (allowed to secede)..

popular myth.....

It's been tried before. Lincoln had a perverted view of the constitution.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 12:32:09 PM EDT
[#20]
You have to be kidding me.  Liberalism is infecting the nation...  Who writes this crap?

Seriously, drop this "I'm going to take my toys and go" mentality.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 12:35:34 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 12:41:27 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Given the ineptitude of the INS...one day it will be again.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 12:50:17 PM EDT
[#23]
It would take a civil war.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 1:10:53 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
It would take a civil war.

Ever heard of these Republic of Texas people?  I believe they would like that.  I'm sure they would get a lot of volunteers as well.

-Ben
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top