BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 7:58:49 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
The economy was really good during his presidency, but I don't think that he really had that much to do with it, he just took all the credit for it.

not to disagree with you,but he had a lot to do with it IMHO.besides 9/11,what is one of the biggest differences between the economy in the early to mid 90s and now?the cost of gas.why was gas so much cheaper then than now?because clinton was being rewarded by the islamofacist in the middle east for doing nothing about terrorism.You allow us to blame the us and isreal for the crappy condition of our citizens lives,do nothing when they kill your citizens ie first world trade center bombing,blowing up the embassies in kenya,USS Cole etc.we will pump mucho oil,your economy will flourish.after 9/11 bush upset that apple cart deciding that the blood of our fellow americans was worth more than .99 cent gas
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 8:01:03 PM EDT
[#2]
He Blew on Lewenski...ah the evidence me boy.......the evidence
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 8:02:10 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Leave office

+1
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 8:11:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Declassified the Kennedy assassination files early. Why were we waiting so long to see them anyway?

Let's not forget don't ask, don't tell, and the bulletproof yellow cards soldiers get in basic training.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 8:23:41 PM EDT
[#5]
He was responsible for the Republicans taking back the House and Senate...he erased Woodrow Wilson as being the worst President in history. He holds that dishonor now.

We took over the Governorships and 428 Democrats in office, switched to Republican.

Good job bent one...you are the worst.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 8:30:37 PM EDT
[#6]
losing control of congress thanks to the AWB
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 8:35:14 PM EDT
[#7]
The best -things- Clinton did:

1 - He was such an asshat that he pissed off a lot of people and we got a Republican Congress.

2 - He was such an asshat that he had that Republican Congress working overtime trying to take him down, and with the Beltway Bandits so focussed on each other the rest of America was left relatively unmolested.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 8:35:29 PM EDT
[#8]
You guys are crazy...the best thing Clinton did was....

Jenifer Flowers!
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 8:36:45 PM EDT
[#9]
He came...he saw...well, he came.

Sgatr15
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 8:38:03 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Leave office

+1

+2
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 8:39:14 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
He came...he saw...well, he came.

Sgatr15

And made Blue Dresses all the rage.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 8:44:28 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
not by any means a clinton lover,but he did resist a lot of pressure from the rest of the world right after princess diana died to get us to sign the landmine ban treaty,but he refused to do it cause it would have fucked over our troops on the Korean DMZ.Corse that dosnt make up for selling our nuclear warhead secrets to red china for campain money,but it was the one time he stood up for the best intrests of the american people

+1 +1 +1 well put wish I'd thought of it, and welfare reform was great but it still stopped to short in my view
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 8:51:23 PM EDT
[#13]
He didn't video tape his sexcapades.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 9:02:16 PM EDT
[#14]
Developed Arteriosclerosis!!
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 9:07:54 PM EDT
[#15]
Undenyably, unquestionally and without a doubt Leave Office
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 9:21:36 PM EDT
[#16]
Best thing he ever did?

He stuffed it in her pooper...

BUT HE DIDN'T POST PICS!!!

(thank God)
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 9:50:38 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
+1 with the Balkans.

I hate to say it, but he did the Right Thing there.

Except he killed off the Christian Serbs & helped the Muslim Albanians. NOT the right thing to do..... only contributed to the further Muslimification of Europe.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 10:16:30 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
He more or less balanced the budget.

Clinton nor any other politician deserves credit for that.  The economy was bring ing in huge amounts of revenue.  A monkey could have balanced the budget when you're rolling in it.

I know some people will be unhappy with me saying this, but one of the good things he did was NOT cut taxes so much that he didn't have revenue surpluses to actually pay down the national debt significantly.

I'm ready for my beating now.....

The more you cut taxes the more money the treasury will receive. Basic economics. When taxes are worst so is spending. When people are not trying to hoard their money from taxes the money flows into the treasury. Capital gains tax rate reduction = overflow of income to Uncle Sam.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 10:23:55 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Easy. He proposed lots of way-out far-left policies like Hillarycare and the AWB, thus driving the American public to give the Republican party control of the House for the first time in decades.

Exactly!  This was the best thing that he did.  If Bush Sr. would have won we still would have had a Democratic congress all through the nineties.  He then coopted the Contract With America and put those plans into action so he could take the credit even though it came from the Republican congress.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 10:27:16 PM EDT
[#20]
NOT go to Vietnam?
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 10:36:47 PM EDT
[#21]
I have to admit, getting a blowjob in the oval office is (although degrating to the U.S. government, our history, and professionalism) pretty ballsy.

If I had the chance, I would.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 11:36:41 PM EDT
[#22]
+1 on the "Selective Availability"
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 11:39:48 PM EDT
[#23]
leaving office, screw monica......and did a great job of signing the AB bill
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 2:05:42 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:
He more or less balanced the budget.

Clinton nor any other politician deserves credit for that.  The economy was bring ing in huge amounts of revenue.  A monkey could have balanced the budget when you're rolling in it.

Actually I have to give him and his staff credit for that. Sure a monkey could have done it, but a monkey would never get the job, only politicians do. And ANY other politician would have found more things to spend all that new found money on, but Clinton decided to do the right thing and spend less than he earned, something I wish Republicans would learn.  But, after that I would say the best thing he did was lie to the American people about Monicagate. If he would have been straight forward and honest Al Gore might be our President right now..........OH DEAR GOD..........that hurt just typing that.........
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 2:06:50 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 2:26:02 AM EDT
[#26]
+ whatever the number is up to now...

Quoted:
Leave office

Link Posted: 10/28/2004 2:27:22 AM EDT
[#27]
I don't know the official name of it, but the family medical leave program was a good idea.  
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 5:13:09 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
What was the BEST thing Clinton did? Try to think of a serious answer, I know there is plenty to poke fun at.

So what was the best thing he did in those 8 years, there's got to be something?

Leave.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 5:17:23 AM EDT
[#29]
Make smoking cigars more socially acceptable...
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 5:40:38 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
I don't know the official name of it, but the family medical leave program was a good idea.  

I think you need to return to school for a civics lesson.  All Clinton did was sign the damn bill into law.

The congress did the heavy lifting.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 5:46:35 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
He did what the Republican congress forced him to do.

Other than that...the best thing he did was...LEAVE!

Just imagine the mischief he and Hillary could have done IF the adults had not regained control of the congress in 1994 after 40 years of entrenched liberalism?

HILLARYCARE ANYONE?

+1
All of the "good" things that he did were because of the '94 Republican takeover.  Without them we would have been in a world of hurt.

Link Posted: 10/28/2004 5:50:15 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
I have to admit, getting a blowjob in the oval office is (although degrating to the U.S. government, our history, and professionalism) pretty ballsy.

If I had the chance, I would.

I would bet that Clinton was not the first to get a Presidential hummer in the Oval Office.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 6:51:01 AM EDT
[#33]
Getting a blow job in the Oval Office.

Man, how's that for a power trip. Shoulda made her swallow though.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 6:56:58 AM EDT
[#34]
ONLY SERVING TWO TERMS !!!
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 6:58:35 AM EDT
[#35]
Kicked the Brits' ass over Northern Ireland, which no other President ever had the balls to do.  
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 7:26:57 AM EDT
[#36]
Okay, there are some good items here, but some really bad ones. So it's Simple Truth Time:

1- FALSEHOOD - Clinton balanced the budget. This is completely false as he (and more importantly, Congress) never did. Even Clinton does not  take claim as such. He claims is as "deficit reduction". However, even then, it was done with accounting trickery. Thus, there was no real deficit spending reduction during Clinton's presidency. Proof is in the pudding, sorta speaking. The national debt never went down but continued it's upward climb during that time.

2- FALSEHOOD - Clinton enabled free trade with NAFTA. Clinton's NAFTA that passed bears no resemblence to the NAFTA proposed by Bush and Reagan. Clinton's NAFTA is frought with so many trade exemptions, there is very little difference between now and then, with the exception of loss of jobs in both Canada, Mexico, and the US.  The Mexican government largely considers NAFTA a failure and is responsible for their loss of jobs.  NAFTA hurt Mexico because it created an overland route for offshore importations of Asian goods that could be counted as "Made in USA" or as non-imported status. Thus, US Companies with Mexican factories began to shutdown manufacturing operations in favor of distribution operations which employ far less. The GM plant in Silao is a great example of this happen. If you want to experience the failure of NAFTA, just try to sell goods in Canada or Mexico and observe the tariffs that kill your sales. Or, if you are not a business person, try to work in either country even if it is for a short week or two.  Or, go down to Mexico to a Costco and price compare. You will find that in Mexico, Costco (and Walmart) are where the "rich" people shop due to the high prices Costco must charge for US goods imported into their MX stores.

3- TRUE - One of the worst actions Clinton undertook was pressing the passage of GATT. GATT created our entry into the WTO and the WTC (world trade court) which is nothing more than an anti-American monkey court. We lost sovereignty for our nation.

4- TRUE - Clinton ultimately send the US economy crashing down. This is true as the econonic slowdown begain in 1999 and peaked at 2001.  The crash was a result of what economist describe as "overheating the economy", or as Greenspeen desribes as "over-expansion that is unsustainable" or "irrational exuberance".

5- FALSEHOOD - Clinton cut taxes. As a broad statement, Clinton did exactly the opposite. He greatly expand the earned income credit for low wage earners. However, EIC is not really a tax cut but a wealfare program (if you don't understand EIC, look it up on the internet). On average, he raised taxes for the working class. He did, however, sign into law favorable, one-time, tax treatment when selling one's residence but this, by itself, doesn't offset the tax increases.

6- TRUE - Clinton did lobby for the family and medical leave act which was the only good accomplishment Clinton has done while in office.

Link Posted: 10/28/2004 7:28:10 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
Leave office

This thread was completed after the first response.

Bravo, Jason! You read my mind!
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 7:36:22 AM EDT
[#38]

2- FALSEHOOD - Clinton enabled free trade with NAFTA. Clinton's NAFTA that passed bears no resemblence to the NAFTA proposed by Bush and Reagan.

Sorry, NAFTA is little more than a giveaway of American jobs to Mexico and Canada. Recently, a life-long friend of my father whom has worked with Toshiba for over 20 years, was laid off. Why? The entire plant is shutting down and moving to Mexico.

3- TRUE - One of the worst actions Clinton undertook was pressing the passage of GATT. GATT created our entry into the WTO and the WTC (world trade court) which is nothing more than an anti-American monkey court. We lost sovereignty for our nation.

Ok, so NAFTA is a great program and the WTC/WTO isn't?

Sorry, pal, both suck ass. Both are undeserving for Americans and BOTH hurt us.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top