Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 11:37:13 AM EDT
[#1]
Mitsubishi is the at the top of my list and it has nothing to do with the quality of their cars. I will never knowingly buy anything they have thier hand in. Neither should any American that knows their history. ymmv
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 11:45:36 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Mitsubishi is the at the top of my list and it has nothing to do with the quality of their cars. I will never knowingly buy anything they have thier hand in. Neither should any American that knows their history. ymmv

I've heard they are not doing so well right now.  They were growing at a rapid pace a few years ago, but it seems they are suffering in the US market now.
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 12:28:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I can't help but laugh everytime I see your avatar

And so far, i love my mitsubishi, though the AC /heat is kinda broken, the knob was locked in place on AC because of some line bullshit
that happens in 02/03 lancers. 25-400$ fix The ac is not very cold either.

Oh well, WHen I'm back home in MI, you don't need ac, you just open the windows, and i rarley used heat
anyway back home. But I'll get it fixed for like 200$ from some friends of my moms.

We'll see how well this lancer runs on the 4000+ mile ride home (as I'm taking the scenic route)
Then its being sold and will be replaced with an evo VIII or IX

Link Posted: 6/13/2009 1:19:06 PM EDT
[#4]
That mazda miata is a beauty for being that old. Looks like you have taken very good care of it.

Not familiar with Mitsubishi at all, what is their history? I do know they supplied dodge with a shitload of engines that had head casket problems big time but thats about it.
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 2:07:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 9:21:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
GM does just about everything totally bass-ackwards compared to Ford (whoever thought it was a good idea to run the axle housing/shaft tube through the oil pan on the midsize SUVs with the 4.2 liter straight six should be killed)

Not to shit in your Wheaties, but Ford did exactly the same thing when they implemented AWD on the Sierra chassis in the UK (and parts beyond.)  The XR4x4 diff bolts to the right side of the pan.  Axle runs right through it.

Other than that small bone to pick, I'm a GM hater to the core.  Preach it, brother.  
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 4:35:22 AM EDT
[#7]
Ford - Because I like working amd maintaining my own vehicles.   Most of the repairs I have done on a Ford turned out to be a real pain in the nuts all day project.

Suburu - mostly for the reason above.  ( Ever try to change rotors on one of thos mid 80s AWD grocery getters)

Hungay ––  I just don't like em

Kia -  Its what a ford shits out after it eats a hundai

Recently added  GM and Chrysler.  We all know why.

––––––––––––––––

Link Posted: 6/15/2009 11:32:09 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 11:36:21 AM EDT
[#9]
Any car made in South Korea.  (Kia and Hyundai).

GM.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 5:44:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
But there's no Sierra chassis in the US, so that isn't my problem (yet).

There is, but it wasn't sold in AWD configuration.  
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top