Warning

 

Close
Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Cancel Confirm
AR15.COM
Previous Page
/ 18
Next Page
3/20/2009 11:29:45 AM EDT
[#1]
closed out of FAZ - will more than likely get back into faz monday if there are no suprises over the weekend


ya'll have a good weekend
3/22/2009 7:02:23 PM EDT
[#2]
FAZ,ERY and TZA are on my list of goodies this week. I'll also add to BGZ and DUG if we continue to get weakness. the fly in the ointment for short positions is O and his band of merry men announcing their "fix" for the banking system. if they actually do come out with it this week we should get some kind of rally, so I'm keeping shorts on a tight leash. if it's not a knock your socks off, make your toes curl rallly, then I'm selling the News and will add to the shorts and gold stocks. if it is a huge rally, with lots of volume, i'll go long with FAS,TNA and ERX.  that's the plan, we'll see how it works out.
3/23/2009 2:56:41 AM EDT
[#3]
suprise suprise O fixed the banking system, so glad to have sold faz fri. covering shorts, and watching to see if this rally holds.
3/23/2009 6:39:03 AM EDT
[#4]

I have to rethink my entire plan for this week.


Quoted:


suprise suprise O fixed the banking system, so glad to have sold faz fri. covering shorts, and watching to see if this rally holds.






 
3/23/2009 6:46:52 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I have to rethink my entire plan for this week.
Quoted:
suprise suprise O fixed the banking system, so glad to have sold faz fri. covering shorts, and watching to see if this rally holds.


 

+1 bastages messed up my nice setup.

As for the rally today, I'm overcome with Meh.

3/23/2009 12:14:13 PM EDT
[#6]
wow, that ended up being exciting
3/23/2009 5:45:30 PM EDT
[#7]
I may sell some UYG and buy some SDS, SKF or FAZ tomorrow if the market is green in the morning.  

This way too high too fast
3/23/2009 6:50:30 PM EDT
[#8]
You have to close out the same day tho. No resistance until 8000fir the Dow and 875 for S&P..
3/24/2009 6:38:59 AM EDT
[#9]
sold fas and bot faz 19.38
3/24/2009 11:15:01 AM EDT
[#10]


Bought some SKF today @90.


3/24/2009 12:13:11 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:


Bought some SKF today @90.




congrats!

what a fun game, I hope the new uptick rule doens't screw this up.
3/24/2009 12:34:00 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I may sell some UYG and buy some SDS, SKF or FAZ tomorrow if the market is green in the morning.  

This way too high too fast



good call omar, hope you made some cha-chings
3/24/2009 12:47:27 PM EDT
[#13]
Well I jumped in the banking with Aig and C when it was down around the 9th, know I am debating when to sell. C is more stable than AIG so  I am hoping it will spike again in the next week.
3/24/2009 1:09:40 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Well I jumped in the banking with Aig and C when it was down around the 9th, know I am debating when to sell. C is more stable than AIG so  I am hoping it will spike again in the next week.


I'm currious, what is your plan with C? what is your entry and exit strategy?
3/24/2009 7:16:14 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

good call omar, hope you made some cha-chings



I didn't get it.

I had 3000 of UYG up for $3.20 and it never went that high.  

No matter.  I think UYG is going higher in the next few days as the hedge funds buy the financials.
3/25/2009 9:11:32 AM EDT
[#16]
Becareful ^Vix went down when the the market went up and up when the market went down. In other worlds the investors thinks the bull market rally might be over.
3/25/2009 2:21:08 PM EDT
[#17]
Been riding the waves on DRYS all week with pretty decent success. I'm thinking that party may be over for a few days.
3/25/2009 5:46:52 PM EDT
[#18]
I sold ACM today for a small gain, have a sell in tomorrow for 1000 UYG at $3.10 and a buy in for 1000 UYG at $2.55.  

UYG ranged 2.50 - 2.97 today, closing up .15 cents on a very strong close.

I suspect there's a lot of funds still buying financials at the end of the quarter.

I also think SKF is buy right now, but I'll see if it goes lower and maybe pick some up Thurs-Friday.  

3/25/2009 7:27:10 PM EDT
[#19]
If the S&P goes below 803, it's going to be brutal for long.
3/26/2009 4:09:30 AM EDT
[#20]
sold 1/2 faz 22.80, and second 1/2 19.8. bot fas pm 6.9(initial position and will add on strength).
3/26/2009 10:38:49 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Well I jumped in the banking with Aig and C when it was down around the 9th, know I am debating when to sell. C is more stable than AIG so  I am hoping it will spike again in the next week.


I'm currious, what is your plan with C? what is your entry and exit strategy?


Well I entered AIG at 33c so I figure my exit can be at any time while making a nice profit, The Citigroup was just over $1 I do not think either company is going to become anything like it once was but I will hold onto it, until either I figure tripling my investment is good enough or I can see a way in which they will rebound into an area where they once was.
3/26/2009 10:48:52 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
sold 1/2 faz 22.80, and second 1/2 19.8. bot fas pm 6.9(initial position and will add on strength).



horrible entry, bot this mornings pullback at 6.42, exited entire position 6.72(and thankful for it). bad trade.
3/26/2009 3:31:38 PM EDT
[#23]
I got into AA a couple of weeks back @ 6.20 Felt bad when it proceeded to sink to the low 5's. Been feeling pretty good about it these days now that it's 8+. How high will it go...?






PS...I'm a small time investor, like a kid in an Ameritrade store. Being in the metals industry AA made sense to me at the time I bought it.
3/26/2009 6:48:03 PM EDT
[#24]
Back on page 4 I bought in on F. It's at +47% and now I'm thinking about setting an exit plan and adding to my holdings in TIE.
3/27/2009 8:03:07 AM EDT
[#25]


Stopped out of 2600 shares of DRYS today at a hair over 6. I bought it for under 4.  I'm not greedy.

3/27/2009 2:06:42 PM EDT
[#26]
Stopped out of DY at 6.11 purchased at 4.13. I love this market.



 
4/1/2009 4:23:22 PM EDT
[#27]
I bought another 1000 of UYG today at $2.49.  

I'm expecting it to run hard tomorrow as I believe the financials have turned.

SKF is down $2.79 after hours.
4/2/2009 8:09:46 AM EDT
[#28]

Sold 800 MT today. Starting to get some good paydays again in the last two weeks.
4/2/2009 4:24:57 PM EDT
[#29]
I sold some RIMM and bought some more SDS today.

I sold 60% of  my RIMM today, as I thought it would tank after hours.  

I was WRONG, but I took precautions to take some off the table because it had been trading in a range and I did't envision the explosive move upwards.  

However, I'll be liquidating the other 40% of my RIMM tomorrow (sell the news) and buy back in after a pull back.  If it doesn't pull back, I won't chase it.

I would steer clear of SKF and FAZ for a while.  I think they're in for a long term decline as the financials move up and I think they are going a lot higher.
4/2/2009 5:00:57 PM EDT
[#30]
Look at what RIMM is doing after hours: http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=RIMM

I expect it to open BIG and pull the rest of the market along for a bit, but taper off later in the morning as people take profits before the weekend.

4/2/2009 5:20:53 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I sold some RIMM and bought some more SDS today.

I sold 60% of  my RIMM today, as I thought it would tank after hours.  

I was WRONG, but I took precautions to take some off the table because it had been trading in a range and I did't envision the explosive move upwards.  

However, I'll be liquidating the other 40% of my RIMM tomorrow (sell the news) and buy back in after a pull back.  If it doesn't pull back, I won't chase it.

I would steer clear of SKF and FAZ for a while.  I think they're in for a long term decline as the financials move up and I think they are going a lot higher.


Oh man, at least you've got position on.

I'm all in cash for paying taxes and opening an account with TOS.  I'm missing out, but there's always another day.  Go get 'em!

4/3/2009 2:25:38 PM EDT
[#32]
I sold the rest of RIMM and 1000 of UYG today.

I have a feeling RIMM may run a lot higher, but I don't trust this rally to continue, so I plan to buy back in on a pullback.

I plan on buying a little more SDS each day in the next few days if the market is green.
4/8/2009 4:30:48 AM EDT
[#33]
I sold  SDS and bought 1000 more of UYG yesterday at $2.83 and have another buy in at $2.65.  Also have buys in on OII, MS, and PFE.

I want to get MS before their earnings next week, which I expect to be better than the market realizes, plus better forward looking sentiment.
4/8/2009 6:46:40 AM EDT
[#34]
I just bought 20k shares of SPNG as a gag. Let's see if Sponge Bob Square Pants sponges can make me rich(not).










I never play the pennies but what the heck maybe it will be fun.








 
4/8/2009 11:00:00 AM EDT
[#35]
Added more feec @ .26 early
4/8/2009 3:03:54 PM EDT
[#36]
04/08/09   2:10 PM EDT      Buy 100 PFE Executed @ $13.5    
04/08/09   10:50 AM EDT      Buy 100 MS Executed @ $22.5  
04/08/09   9:33 AM EDT      Buy 30 OII Executed @ $36.53

Missed the UYG purchase by a few cents.  I have a sell of UYG in at $2.99.
4/8/2009 10:36:50 PM EDT
[#37]

Wednesday,,Sold F @ 4, took a buck thirty off of it. Bought some Hes @ 54.75, bought some CAT @ 29. 19K$ in realized gains since the first of the year.
4/9/2009 9:28:27 AM EDT
[#38]

Sold CAT @ 32.50.
4/9/2009 4:09:57 PM EDT
[#39]
04/09/09   3:52 PM EDT      Buy 30 SDS Executed @ $67.5    
04/09/09   3:51 PM EDT      Sell 1000 UYG Executed @ $3.49      
04/09/09   10:35 AM EDT      Sell 1000 UYG Executed @ $3.2      
04/09/09   9:37 AM EDT      Sell 1000 UYG Executed @ $3.15

I had a great day.  

Everything I owned was green except my very small FAZ position which I should have unloaded two weeks ago.  

Two stocks I have that have started to run is OII and FTI.  I couldn't figure out why until today's news on Fox:  The U.S. appears to be ready to open drilling on both coasts.  These two deep water oil services will play a major role in that activity.

I unloaded 60% of my UYG and will let the rest ride through the financial earnings next week and then consider unloading more UYG and MS.  

GS earnings next week will tell the tale.

I'll add some more SDS if the market is green on Monday.

Jim
4/10/2009 2:32:37 AM EDT
[#40]
Anyone ever use derivatives to hedge their long or short positions?

e.g. buying calls to protect a short or buying puts to protect a long

4/11/2009 8:32:13 AM EDT
[#41]
double tap
4/11/2009 8:34:12 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Anyone ever use derivatives to hedge their long or short positions?

e.g. buying calls to protect a short or buying puts to protect a long



I did once, a few months ago.  I was short a stock (EMC) so I bought 3 puts, but I followed the advice of an experiened options trader and bought 1 call option to hedge it.  It made sense to me, because while sometimes I am right about the eventual direction of a stock, I seem to be king Midas in reverse when I actually pull the trigger.  The stock ALWAYS moves against me and it becomes a psychological test to figure out whether to close out at a loss or hang on and wait for a reversal.

The hedge really worked to ameliorate that stress.  In this trade, the stock went up but because I had a hedge, my position's value never wen't very low, I think it went down $60 at most.  I close the hedge out for a profit, and the main position just covered transaction costs before it turned against me and I had to close at a small loss.

It was a net loss, but I think the technique worked quite well.  I am going to do it from now on.
4/14/2009 5:27:48 PM EDT
[#43]
04/14/09   Bought        1000 of ETFC @ $1.92
04/14/09   Bought        1000 of UYG @ $3.59

I went against my discipline on ETFC, since it has run up a lot in the last week and I almost always wait for a pullback to buy in.

That it ran up today in the face of most financials significant move downward suggests something else is in play with ETFC.
4/15/2009 3:43:58 PM EDT
[#44]
I know you all probably think I'm nuts,but I bought more SGY last week. Now it's up to $5 from a recent low of $1.50.
I still believe!
4/16/2009 10:49:30 PM EDT
[#45]

Only thing I bought was some AUY. Waiting for a general pull back.

4/17/2009 6:01:48 AM EDT
[#46]
Dumping DRYS @ 6.44. One hell of a rally going but I'm not confident it will last.

Got in at 4.65 pretty solid gain.










 
4/17/2009 6:32:17 AM EDT
[#47]
with waldo and others on the pullback. looks like bulls have become majority at risk. long term charts are ob.

sold fas pm. Bot faz on pb at 9.38, will add to faz and tza on confirmation of downtrend.

stopped out of gold positions - fxe breaking down

selling shippers in blocks.







4/17/2009 6:37:35 AM EDT
[#48]
I was thinking of buying some a few weeks ago but I just never hit the buy button. Oh well
4/17/2009 7:39:52 AM EDT
[#49]
Following FAS pattern of 11am-ish low followed by vertical movement through 3pm.

Bought 200 @ 8.85
4/17/2009 8:59:42 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Following FAS pattern of 11am-ish low followed by vertical movement through 3pm.

Bought 200 @ 8.85

You're in a much better position than I. "They" are doing their best to shake me from my faz tree. it's all my 9 1/2 fingers, 10 toes, and prehensile tail can do to hold on. Hoping that the M that is forming on the 20 minute charts isn't a mirage.

good hunting

JJ

Sign up to continue the discussion

Create a free account to share your thoughts, follow topics, and connect with the AR15.COM community.

Already a member? Sign In

Previous Page
/ 18
Next Page