Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/3/2003 8:53:53 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't want to piss in anyone's coffee here and I love Starbucks Carmel Machiatos, BUT, I don't go there anymore. I recall lots of posts here during the Million Mom March of what companies donated to them.  Starbucks did. I don't remember if it was $$$ or not.  I vaguely remember something about helping with buying typewriters or something else they needed.

Just a reminder... just a reminder...

Link Posted: 5/3/2003 8:56:40 PM EDT
[#2]
U.S. Navy coffee is the best. I know a Chief that brews a terrific cup of Columbian. USS Samuel Gompers had the best of any ship. The coffee at the Navy hospital in Pendleton was good too.
Link Posted: 5/3/2003 9:27:18 PM EDT
[#3]
what sort of contraption do you guys use to make your coffee

i've got a generic drip maker for when i have people around

but when i'm making it for just me I use a [s]french[/s] freedom press.
Link Posted: 5/3/2003 9:32:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Its in a red bag, Cant think of the name of it.  Its a Colombian coffee that is not exported.  Really good stuff.  Failing that I get a bag of Juan Valdez official coffee at the high priced place in the Bogota Airport on my way back to the states.  
Link Posted: 5/3/2003 11:46:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Don't forget about what StarFucks did to the cops & firemen in NY on 9-11.   The made 'em pay for bottled water as the towers were collapsing.

Link Posted: 5/4/2003 5:11:31 AM EDT
[#6]
I got hooked on Community Coffee on a trip to  Louisiana, (ex-Folgers drinker) it tough to find here locally but on occasion the Winn Dixie has it. Kinda funny, in Louisiana at the motel's breakfast bar they had the generic cheap 'tourist' coffee and around the corner in the lobby they had the Community Coffee. Must be roasted different because it's alot smoother. Also got hooked on Garlic Tabasco sauce. I've always like Tabasco, I snack on saltines covered in Tabasco but the Garlic Flavor is even better. Wonder how it'd taste in coffee? Hmmm....
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 5:30:10 AM EDT
[#7]
Any man who puts flavors in their coffee is leaning over that twinkle toe line.

Straight black, strong enough to chew. Doesn't matter where it comes from except that it can never legitimately come from a place that charges $4 for a cup and still has the balls to have a tip jar on the counter.

ADDED: White Castle coffee is some good sheite.
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 5:33:40 AM EDT
[#8]
WHen I read this I realize I am really a coffee snob.

I got into gourmet coffe about 12-13 years ago before it became fashionable.
View Quote

Same here. I started drinking Gevalia back when it was "Starbucks who?" and never looked back. I can't even hack any of that robusta shit like Folgers, Maxwell House, Chock Full O' Nuts, etc., anymore. That stuff'll burn a hole in your gut.

I buy all of mine from a local company named [url=http://www.javadavescoffee.com/][b]Java Dave's[/b][/url] and brew it at home. I moved my snobbery up a notch back in January: I bought an espresso machine. I sure hope ETH has a place for me to plug it in at the farm.
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 5:59:09 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 6:03:31 AM EDT
[#10]
Hot.  Black.
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 6:10:01 AM EDT
[#11]
Irish coffee[:D]
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 7:02:42 AM EDT
[#12]
with Whiskey or Bailey's,rest of the time just Black it as for the S********s crew what a bunch of Sheeple Phfffttt!
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 8:48:30 AM EDT
[#13]
Like some others, I started drinking really good flavorful coffee in the late 70s when almost nobody knew what an espresso was.

I like a rich deep dark almost chocolatey french roast. My morning version is drip, but on weekends, I will espress it in the afternoon.

We used to mail order Peet's when they were only a single little shop in Berkeley and didn't really do mail order much. We'd get their french and vienna roasts and then darken them up a bit more in a cast iron skillet. Not to the point of that burnt taste that Starbucks has, but until we got a deep rich flavor.

Then my fave for many years was a small Boston area chain called Coffee Connection. their Costa rican La Lapa French roast was the best coffee I have ever had. then, they were bought out byt he idiots at Starbucks, who proceeded to ruin them and ultimately do away with that brand name.

After much searching around and trying of every good coffee I could find, my current fave is "Bluff blend" from these guys:

[url]http://www.caffeappassionato.com/blends.html[/url]

You can do mail order with them, if one of their stores (and they don't have all that many) is not near you.

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top