Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 6:39:43 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
At $79 per, I have four K-31s. Probably the highest quality firearm available for less than $300.

I hear you there.  I have GOT to get one of those before they get scarce!

I think the advantages of common ammo is a huge consideration, particularly if you like to reload your ammo.

I also think having duplicates of your carry gun is a good idea, or as one poster mentioned, having several of the same model stashed around your house is not a bad idea.  Common ammo, common magazines, instant familiarity with the weapon even if you rarely fire it...

Besides, I really could care less if someone owns 50 glocks or 20 FAL's.  If it makes you happy go for it!

I own 2 Beretta Bobcat semi-auto pocket pistols.  One in .22 and one in .25.  I just wanted the set!  I have no practical use for either other than perhaps as a pocket gun if I'm running a quick errand.  I just like them!  Excellent quality and reasonably priced.  What's not to love?
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 6:47:36 AM EDT
[#2]
I believe in the "Rule of Three of each" at the very least
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 7:03:19 AM EDT
[#3]
I remember seeing a program on TV about the world's finest, biggest, most powerful yachts.  They had one that had a huge room filled with well over one hundred fishing rods; not all of them the same, but I'm sure there were duplicates of some by many times.
The idea was that when guests were aboard, everyone could go fishing.
So, multiple, identical guns might be useful for something like that.  You're a millionaire and you like to throw parties, SHOOTING PARTIES, and you need to equip all your guests with their own M4 for the afternoon.  It would stand to reason that you might want to have a couple dozen M4s on hand, or whatever.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 8:27:21 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
...  So, multiple, identical guns might be useful for something like that.  You're a millionaire and you like to throw parties, SHOOTING PARTIES, and you need to equip all your guests with their own M4 for the afternoon.  It would stand to reason that you might want to have a couple dozen M4s on hand, or whatever.

Except for the "millionaire" part you don't know how close you just came to describing some of the family gatherings at my house.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 8:56:16 AM EDT
[#5]
My thoughts on multiple weapons of the same design?

"A damn fine idea. "

I happen to have 4 FAL's, 2 AR's, plus others that shall remain nameless.

Not a one shoots the exact same way as the other.  Oh, they all hit the target consistently, with no sighter rounds going down the pipe.  But every one just "feels" different.  

Plus I like to build things.  So if I already know how to build it, why not continue.

Race car drivers - be it the giants of racing or the little home built dirt tracker -  all have "multiples of everything".  Investors have multiple stocks/bonds of the same type.  Housewives have multiple items of the same thing.

Why shouldn't shooters do the same?
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 10:24:01 AM EDT
[#6]
There are too many OTHER guns I want to start buying copies of a gun I already have!
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 10:30:55 AM EDT
[#7]
Consecutive serial numbers, too.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 10:32:19 AM EDT
[#8]
I have 2 Bushmasters which I refer to as "my pet snakes". I also have 2 M1A's that I'm saving for a rainy day. It's good to have a backup gun that is the same as the original so you have commonality of parts and ergonomics.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 9:04:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Never found it to be a problem. Well maybe a little, I've had to get a second vault.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 9:09:48 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Backups to the primary.  Commonality of parts / mags / holsters.

+1

I do agree but not for that reason. Its the handeling and usage characheristics. I have multiple 1911's but no 2 fit in a kydex holster the same, close but not quite. Parts wont fit from a Rock Island to a Wilson or a STI. Mags hell yeah in most cases. AR's are more friendly to parts swaping though but still not universal.
I just have favorite types of guns and if I can have more than one of them I do.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top