Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 9
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 6:42:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Took a piss while crossing the International Peace Bridge. Pissed in two countries at once.
View Quote

I shit on a train going through luxenburg and got 3 countries with one poop.

Forgot about white water rafting class V. Jumped a kayak down a waterfall
Shot a USPSA match with a Glock 18
2 chicks same time and 3 in a day (different days)
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 7:35:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Nothing as cool as some of you guys.

Saw my daughter being born.
Married my best friend and the mother of my daughter.
Walked "off path " at Yorktown Battlefield VA, Kings Mountain SC and Benttonville NC.
Banged a 0-6's daughter on the golf course on Governors Island...I don't think I was her first rodeo there !
Saw 3 water spouts at the same time in the same general direction from the ship.
Rode out a hurricane on the ship
Rode out the Blizzard of 78 on the ship.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 7:43:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Swimming in the Sea of Galilee.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 7:45:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Besides sex, watching kids pulled from my wifes stomach, i guess doing trackdays w pro racers
View Quote

She ate them?
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 7:47:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Passing my test to get my Texas Master's License and then opening up my own business within a year.... 1981. Never excelled beyond operating a 1-man service truck and average living, but there is nothing better then working for yourself and calling your own shots after you spent the last 20 years working for some really prick bosses and their clientele. Worked out fine as the wife and I saved and  lived well within our means for our retirement.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 7:58:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Shooting cool guns.

Being shot at and bombed and missed several times felt good to be alive.

Flying in helicopters at night over exotic places was cool.

Long motorcycle trips.

Driving hot cars after learning high performance driving skills.

Getting some of the beautiful women I wanted. Sometimes the TV anchor is a homebody, sometimes the ex-model really is a rocket ship in the sack. I’m a shallow dog, dawg.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 8:27:40 PM EDT
[#7]
I layed a wreath on George Washington's sarcophagus.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 8:28:31 PM EDT
[#8]
nothing.  

i'm pretty boring.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 8:32:29 PM EDT
[#9]
I performed aerobatics in a T-6.
It's not super cool, but I enjoyed it.  
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 8:36:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Night Space Shuttle launch (Atlantis 1997) was incredible.

I flew a brand new Airbus 320 on its first revenue trip.

I still remember my first solo flight like it was yesterday.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 8:39:54 PM EDT
[#11]
Nothing compared to some of you.

But for me, overnight hunting trip in the jungles of Venezuela. Sleeping in a grass hut and hunting the next day.

Crossed a river filled with piranha, my uncle was pulling a fast one on me. He asked me to cross a small river about 20' wide and about calf deep to retrive something. I walked across the river and back with him laughing the whole time. I asked what was so funny and he told me that the river was filled with piranha. Thanks asshole.

Drove a 1971 Pantera when I was 16.

Been interviewed on TV a few times.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 8:41:33 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I performed aerobatics in a T-6.
It's not super cool, but I enjoyed it.  
View Quote

The WW2 T-6 trainer, or the current T-6 Texan 2 trainer?
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 8:44:56 PM EDT
[#13]
This is really actually kind of stupid, but while my daughter and I were driving across the Hoover Dam, the song "Hoover Dam" by Sugar came on the radio (Sirius).

We still talk about the insane odds. I mean, fuck, how many songs are there called "Hoover Dam"? One, I'm sure. And, it's an obscure song, at that.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 8:49:42 PM EDT
[#14]
High Speed chases
Kicked a few doors
Diving wrecks
Been shot at
Owned a MG
Shot a bunch of MG's
Rode with a pyscho helicopter pilot.
Bagged a couple murderers
Saved a couple lives
Bagged a couple sex offenders
Bunch of travel CONUS
Flown a few light planes
Nearly shot a few folks who fortunately choose to live
Been a big fight in booking with a bad guy

Nothing super special but it was fun while it lasted....

Link Posted: 1/14/2021 8:51:37 PM EDT
[#15]
Walked the beaches of Normandy with my kids.

Kissed my Wife at the top of the Eiffel tower.

Visited the Louvre, the Colosseum in Rome, the Vatican and the Sistine Chapel.

Took a Blackhawk flight into Baghdad at roof top level....at night while taking ground fire.

Exchanged direct gunfire with other human beings.

Delivered a baby on a kitchen floor. (EMS)

Held a persons hand as they died. ( EMS)

Took a total of 147 Men and Women to combat in Iraq and brought every one of them home in one piece.

I could die right now and know that I've lived a kick ass life.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 8:53:51 PM EDT
[#16]
Flew helicopters for the US Army on 3 continents.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 8:55:26 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I once got busy in a burger king bathroom.
View Quote

Vanessa William oh you so devine ...just had to put you into my rhyme..do whatcha like..
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 8:58:10 PM EDT
[#18]
#1 watching my boys being born

#2: my dad was a navy nuke, back before 9/11 they did these sea tours of carriers for a day.  Took them out, made a u-turn and came back.  They let some jets launch off the flight deck while we were out.  Being a 9yr old boy on the catwalk of the george washington while jets took off was literally a highlight of my childhood.  I know some people see that every day, but as a boy, man i tell you what!
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 8:59:49 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Skiiing on top of a Rocky Mountain near dusk with a thundersnow all around us.  Then capping it off with a soak in some outdoor hotsprings........112* water, 25*F air temp and snowing.

Opening up for Def Leppard in front of 12,000 people at an outdoor venue

Same thing but opening for The Wallflowers

Playing the world's largest music festival with three different bands

Opening for Kansas, and three of the guys from the band and the music director for the event pulled up chairs on the side of the stage to watch our show.

Opening for Survivor, Robin McAuley watched us from the side of the stage and then complimented us afterward.

Playing a festival, where Tesla was playing immediately after our show, on the other stage.  The guys from Tesla made their way up to the front row and were headbanging and rocking out with us, we were diggin' it and so was the crowd!

First flight lesson - was in an airplane I had just bought, cash.  

First solo.

Passing my checkride.

My wedding to my third wife - we got married in her parents yard, spent $1000 on decorations and rental chairs and a podium.  And another $500 on food and drinks.  It was the best wedding ever.  

There's lots more..............so blessed!

View Quote

Nice!

(Huge Tesla fan!)
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 9:01:12 PM EDT
[#20]
Came ashore on Lamotrek Atoll in the Boston Whaler launch. Immediately surrounded by little naked kids who lead me to the elder on the island who granted me permission to anchor in their lagoon and stay for a few days. Later several elder men came to the boat in a dugout canoe to visit. They brought a peace corps volunteer with them. The women were fugly but obviously ready to play. Women can never be physically higher than men, so they either duck when they pass you on a path or they crawl by if you're sitting. People there fish in the morning, drink palm wine in the afternoon, nap, have dinner, drink more palm wine in the men's huts, then go to bed and screw. Little kids everywhere. It was like mutiny in the bounty without the hotties.

Crashed a hot air balloon on my honeymoon in England shortly after attempting to land at what turned out to be a military base. A fat slob soldier with a rifle ordered us to stay on the ground but our pilot panicked and hit the burners. Up we went with the fat guy shouting at us. Later crashed in a plowed field.

Drunk cliff diving in Curacao.

Link Posted: 1/14/2021 9:06:23 PM EDT
[#21]
@Troutman84

When I was 7 or 8 years old  every morning I was up at 5 or 6am and sitting on the back stoop in the morning.

One morning as I sat there I saw my cat at the back of my parents car. She had a field mouse
trapped under the car at exactly the same distance from every tire and that mouses eyes were screaming
I'm fucked.

I picked up a dirt clog next to the steps and threw it at the cat. I hit it broad side and the cat ran off.

That field mouse ran to me like you just saved my life.

I could not get rid of that mouse.

I put him in the grass to let him go and he just kept running up on my lap and wouldn't let me go.

We were good friends after that.

That experience guided my life.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 9:07:19 PM EDT
[#22]
Saved my son’s life when he was born.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 9:12:48 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I was on Edwards AFB in 1981 when STS-1 landed. It was an amazing experience. I've never felt more patriotic.
View Quote

My dad woke me up to watch the launch, and we watched the landing. I actually got a little choked up reading your post. Those were the days.

Early in the the best decade in history.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 9:16:07 PM EDT
[#24]
.50 Gunner in an Armored column in Iraq.
Never experienced another feeling like that before or since.
I don't even know how to explain the feeling.... God like?

Also the feeling of having Dustoff and Kiowa's show up within a couple minutes of shit going down.
I have a Special Place in my Heart for Helicopter pilots..
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 9:16:54 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Saved my son's life when he was born.
View Quote
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 1/14/2021 9:17:45 PM EDT
[#26]
I got to fly in a two place Pitts special including aerobatics.

Played hockey in an NHL arena.

Married 27+ years to a gorgeous woman.

Enjoying life in rural America, living the best life I can.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 9:24:06 PM EDT
[#27]
Signing my first autograph was pretty cool. Having a stripper unexpectedly unzip my pants and hop on was also pretty insane. Seeing a buddy piss himself after mike Tyson faked punched him, priceless.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 9:31:16 PM EDT
[#28]
When my daughter was learning to walk she fell over backwards the hard way, knees locked on a hard floor. I managed to get a hand between the back of her head and the floor from about 15' away.

Kids being born, road trips with the kids, teaching them stuff, meeting my wife.

The things 18Y/O me would have thought were the coolest was catapult/cable arrest in an F14, and finding myself at Terwilliger hot springs in OR the night before the Grateful Dead played Eugene for the last time, without knowing about either before hand, just sheer dumb luck.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 10:17:21 PM EDT
[#29]
Some of you have had really exciting lives.

My kids, that is by far the most rewarding thing in my life.

Training a crew that hadn't seen a tank since basic on the newest Abrams and shooting 948 on table 8.

I've been shot at and mortared while taking a piss.

I've been a training aid for Green Berets and Navy Seals.

I trained with the Canadian Army for 2 months. One hell of a good fighting force they have.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 10:36:45 PM EDT
[#30]
This is one of the best threads I’ve read in a while. Being 24, I haven’t done too much yet but some things in the works.

Currently in the process of getting my dream drop with my dream employer

Going to the Grand Canyon with my girlfriend to celebrate if/when I get the offer since flights are so cheap right now.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 10:56:29 PM EDT
[#31]
Number 1 would be the birth of my daughter.  I remind her often that that experience was when I had an epiphany that THIS (her birth) was was why God put me on this earth.  Seriously.

Second would be great relationships and enduring friendships with several friends and family.  THIS is what truly enriches anyone's lives.

Others:
Soloing on my 16th birthday.  My dad was a CFII and commercial pilot who taught me.  I had NO IDEA that I would be soloing that day.  
Many flights on many different aircraft to many states with my father.
Learning and LOVING aerobatics.
Graduating from college (first in my family).
Scuba diving on some cool wrecks and reefs.
Skydiving - several times.
Visiting Hawaii and England
Catching a marlin off the NC coast.
Teaching:
- Water Safety Instructor: taught people to be lifeguards
- CPR: Had a student tell me he saved someone because of what he learned from me
- First Aid
- Hunter Safety
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 11:06:19 PM EDT
[#32]
Witnessed the birth of my child. There is no greater privilege in life than being a father. I thank God every day. I have loved a woman and been loved in return. I did the right thing when no one was looking, and didn't tell anyone about it (until now).
My entire life has been a blessing, and I couldn't do better if I hit the lottery. I have family, friends, and You guys on this forum. I am blessed.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 11:09:18 PM EDT
[#33]
First personal solo cross country flight in a glider
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 11:16:34 PM EDT
[#34]
Sounds corny, but became a dad
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 11:35:31 PM EDT
[#35]
Climbing mout sainai
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 11:36:07 PM EDT
[#36]
Just saying
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 11:42:16 PM EDT
[#37]
Most of it involves airplane:
Aerobatics in a Christian Eagle including a tail slide.
Lots of flights in Beavers, Otters and a Goose.
Countless rolls in Lear Jets, Citations, King Airs, Barons, Bonanzas, Stearman
Flying under wires in a Stearman, Baron, Bonanza
A French Fouga Jet ride
Jumped out of airplanes 4 times
Lots of fishing trips from Alaska to BC to Manitoba and every province in between.
Shot a full auto M16
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 11:43:29 PM EDT
[#38]
Flying the hull on PHM-6 Gemini in the keys.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 11:44:27 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Catching and holding my son at his delivery.
View Quote

Second post nailed it.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 11:55:39 PM EDT
[#40]
In the 1980s, I got to sit in Bigfoot #2.

In late 1990, I started a new job. When the supervisor took me out on the production floor, one of the first things I saw was a girl bent over pushing stuff down in a fiber drum. She finished, and stood up with a big hair flip.

We were married in 1994,

...and together until I lost her in 2008. (Two or three weeks after this pic).

Martini Butt - She was 44.

Link Posted: 1/15/2021 12:34:15 AM EDT
[#41]
When we used to go to Rolling Thunder at the Pentagon. We would ride across the Arlington Memorial Bridge. My wife had a video camera on the back and everybody was stopping at the end of the bridge and racing to the other end. I think we were 4 bikes wide racing. I still have the tape somewhere and I should watch it sometime.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 1:25:56 AM EDT
[#42]
Best:

Watching my wife walk down the aisle
Watching all 5 of my kids be born
Cheating death by surviving an unsurvivable car crash
Gang negotiations with MS13 in Nicaragua where every single one of the 13 came to Christ
Diving the aquarium at EPCOT at 40 after visiting at 14 and seeing a diver and wishing I could be a diver
16years of prison ministry
5 international mission trips
5 years youth ministry
7 years pastoral ministry.

Worst:

Holding my first daughter as she died
Saying goodbye to my mom when she died at 63, I was 37
Being betrayed at the deepest level

Link Posted: 1/15/2021 1:44:54 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I shot a songbird out the air with a .22 in 8th grade
View Quote

I did that with a slingshot and it was a grackle.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 1:49:37 AM EDT
[#44]
I won a SCCA road racing championship at age 18 in a borrowed car.

I've driven just about every high performance car, you can imagine, on the racetrack.

Instructed high performance driving from age 17-35.

Had the catalog for Master Craft and Malibu boats opened to me for a decade. Any $100k wakeboat I wanted. Free.

I hosted a decade of the best wakeboard parties anywhere.

Started, owned, sold my own business.

Watched my two boys be born.

Married my high school sweetheart.

Bought a new Corvette Grand Sport at 21.

Bought a new BMW M3 at 25.

I live on 20 acres. My own range. When I do dishes I stare at 4 alpine lakes. My kids snow ski in my front yard (600' of vertical).

Man, there's a lot more....

My life has been amazing. It's been hard work, but I've been blessed. My wife is my partner in crime. I couldn't have done it without her.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 1:52:15 AM EDT
[#45]
Rocket Launch in Baikanour, Solar Eclipse few years back, two chicks at the same time.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 2:29:04 AM EDT
[#46]
-Watching all of my kids be born. The miracle of birth is incredible.

-Seeing someone I trained go and work as an official at a NCAA national championship final.

-Paid for my father in law’s funeral and got reimbursed after insurance settled. It maxed out my credit cards, but it was my final tribute to a great man. We had a rocky start many moons ago but finished up with a strong relationship.

-Visiting a customer site and seeing a warehouse full of product that was imagined in my head and built in my shop, touching cars and trucks that millions drive every day. All this, after rebuilding a company my dad started and kept open so that I could see if I wanted to work there before he closed it. I took a picture so that I could always remember the moment and relive that feeling. Few things are better than being able to pay back your raising and help your dad finally retire.

-Being the difference in someone’s life. I got the bug a few years back about genealogy and started doing a lot of research, ended up taking an AncestryDNA test just to see what my heritage really was. One thing led to another and we find out my father’s father was not who we thought. Further digging through DNA matches brought a name and an undeniable face to who my paternal grandfather was.

The real story here is that we found an aunt who had been searching hardcore for 25 years... DNA tests, private investigators, military records, everything you can imagine, all had led her nowhere. She had two or three times she thought she’d found her dad, but to no avail. The day she popped up on our radar, we exchanged messages and she was excited to meet a “cousin” (me) and she was hopeful we were not related through her mom’s side, as she never met or knew her father and never had a name. She was in her mid-70s and knew from age 8 forward that the man in her house was not her father.

The night we exchanged messages, I got to be the one who revealed her father’s name and face. Seeing her words “I finally know who I am” right before Christmas meant the world to me. Six months later, she and her adult children flew cross country to meet us and our collective lives have never been the same, much for the better. There’s some moments in life that simply take your breath away.

Stay curious, friends. Trust your gut and listen to that voice inside... God answers others’ prayers through us if you will simply keep going.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 10:53:17 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Signing my first autograph was pretty cool. Having a stripper unexpectedly unzip my pants and hop on was also pretty insane. Seeing a buddy piss himself after mike Tyson faked punched him, priceless.
View Quote

Solid list!!!
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 12:17:23 PM EDT
[#48]
I've been fortunate enough to get a to do a few cool things by age 36:

-Fly in a AH-1 Cobra helicopter
-Fly in a B-17
-Fly in a UH-1 Huey
-Catch a 500lb blue marlin on a 20# rig
-Catch a bunch of other white marlin and sailfish around the world
-Take a week long sailboat trip around Antigua, Barbuda, Nevis and St. Kitts
-Eat at several Michelin Star Restaurants including one 3 star
-Travel all over Europe, twice with my younger brother when we were both younger and freer
-Start my own business and be able to earn a decent living from it
-Spend quite a bit of time on the ocean on really awesome sportfishing boats with my family and close friends
-Travel around the US and get to see many interesting places
-Take a last minute trip to Oshkosh Airventure with my dad on a whim
-Shot many different machine guns
-Purchased my own transferable machine gun

I hope to keep going and get to do much more!
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 12:19:15 PM EDT
[#49]
Robbing a dunkin donut with my old man, when around 10....long story, Stabbed by a vice lord when around 13, 14...picked up a railroad spike, threw it and got a headshot...looked over my shoulder for years until I enlisted, Flying around in choppers with nukes, Camping on a tarmac with a couple hundred studs waiting to take iran...but never got the green light, Spending a weekend in a hotel with farrah fawcett...ok, in a chair in the hallway, Falling in love and making babies....being a dad, being a grandad, and still in love (top of list, but wanted to stay chronological), Running and gunning a few years catching bad guys....got stabbed again, was not by a one-eyed gangbanger, shot at several times and able to channel some matrix moves, saved a drowning baby, and never had to shoot a dog, Swam in the pacific, atllantic and indian oceans, the mediterranean sea, the tigris river, and the lutschine (winter w/shorty wetsuit), In Iraq for a few years hanging out with a couple hundred studs...lost a woman but saved her baby, danced the chobi and happy fire, God rewarded me with retirement....likely something to do with those babies and dogs
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 12:27:54 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
It's hard to choose, I got to fly in the Goodyear blimp one time, I've taken my own airplane around the Statue of Liberty up the East River and across the LaGuardia airport to fly over my College ,  Fort Schuyler.
And coming around Cape of Good Hope and sailing up through the South Atlantic to the US was pretty special too.
View Quote

@ztug

My Dad graduated Ft Schuyler, probably 1939-40 ish.

He did the ship captain thing for a while, and ended up as a Panama Canal Pilot.  Retired, and then worked NY Harbor pilot.
Page / 9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top