BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 11:37:56 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I am fairly confident that most guardsman would tell anyone giving that order to, "Fuck off!"
Remember, we have no pension (generally speaking) or job to protect.   We serve because we feel like it.  If the guard kicks us out, its no big deal.
cops would be thinking about their jobs, their families, their pensions.
Guardsmen need think only about their oath and their conscience.

Sir I hope you are correct, I have been in TWO very large Guard units ( Both Units are Boots on Ground right now)...And I have no doubt in my mind that they have the leadership that would be willing, and more than enough troops that would be willing to follow....( for the first few days anyway)

I can only hope that the younger guys that are in right now, start to understand what freedom is all about.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 11:37:59 AM EDT
[#2]
What would happen is similarly to "Patriot" and "Red Dawn".

Some people would become "freedom fighters" and others would betray their friends/neighbors.

Beware on who you call "friend"... because it might be them who turn you in.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 11:40:44 AM EDT
[#3]
I actually think that the country would fracture over it.  States would refuse to obey.  Much of the south and west would simply stop taking orders from Washington.

The question is 'what does the military do'?  If they obey orders, the revolution will be crushed swiftly.

I suspect, however, that many units, especially guard units, will not obey.  The ones that do will be understrength.  If the units split up as I suspect they would (ally with the states they are located in/near) then the gov. would be replaced swiftly.

The third option is a coup - and it doesn't have to be orchestrated by the Pentagon.  A simple 'take over and call for new elections' is quite possible.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 11:42:50 AM EDT
[#4]
I suspect that quite a few soldiers, esp. officers, would tell the chain of command to fuck of and die. It would certainly be an illegal order.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 11:44:31 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 11:45:11 AM EDT
[#6]
Even if only 1% resisted, that's 700,000 people!
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 11:46:16 AM EDT
[#7]
What I want to know, is how will the NG or police even know who owns guns and who doesn't? How will they know if someone is lying or not? If people just go bury their guns then why would they hand them over when the UN or whoever came looking?

That is, unless your guns are registered of course, but otherwise I don't see how they'd be able to know who had them. Isn't that pretty much what happened in Australia?
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 11:52:54 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Now how many of those 700,000 would be willing to get together and Train/Fight?

It is still a huge number, but Im still willing to bet that out of the 1% that most of them that did resist, would only go to the extent of putting a few rifles in the ground...Then it is back to Football/Beer/broads as usuall..
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 11:55:50 AM EDT
[#9]
Learn a few simple lines in French, like...

Me donner les clefs à votre APC ou je mettrai une autre balle dans votre cou.
or in english, "Give me the keys to your APC or I'll put another bullet in your neck."
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 11:59:33 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Now how many of those 700,000 would be willing to get together and Train/Fight?

It is still a huge number, but Im still willing to bet that out of the 1% that most of them that did resist, would only go to the extent of putting a few rifles in the ground...Then it is back to Football/Beer/broads as usuall..

Hence the term:

SHEE-PLE-
Defined as:  People who want to think that they are independent, think for their own and make their own choice, but in reality, follow what is told to them.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 12:48:17 PM EDT
[#11]
The most likely course of action is this – they will outlaw the ownership any NEW guns, tax the existing ones and let entropy take care of the rest.

Its doable, it would ‘go down better’ with the electorate, and it makes sense economically, since they could tax existing guns (i.e. 200$ per year) and not have to pay out any money for turn-ins.

Link Posted: 10/11/2004 1:23:57 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I don't think it would happen.

If it ever does happen it will not be pretty.

I agree

I also agree and will be doing my part to make it ugly.  I can say that, being an educated and well-traveled person, I have no desire to ever be anything but a US citizen and will be perfectly happy to see the end of my days that way.

The day the UN can influence the laws within these borders is the day the USA passes into history.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 1:32:48 PM EDT
[#13]
Marines here, I am willing to say at least 50% of my platoon would say FUCK OFF to the UN and leave the service if they told us to confinscate. "enemies foreign and domestic"
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 1:51:53 PM EDT
[#14]
While people are busy fearing and fantasizing about UN invasions and New World Order delusions...

...our RKBA will be whittled away, without anyone noticing.

Good God, people. Enough with this "I'm a gonna kill me a Blure Helmetted Gun-grabber" nonsense.
Keep your eye on the ball.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 1:59:12 PM EDT
[#15]
I plan on losing all of my firearms, ammunition, and the 20+ new magazines I will get in a tragic boating accident. See my boat? Of course not. I lost it, too. Therefore proving my story.

Yeah, that's the gun safe. Here you go, open. See? Empty.

By the way, like the new sod we put down? Had a big ugly hole in the ground, but we filled it and covered it up. Damn gophers. No, I'm pretty sure you don't smell cosmoline.

But seriously, fight first in the legislature, fight in the streets as a last resort.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 3:08:29 PM EDT
[#16]
Well when those blue helmets come a knocking.    People will start collecting blue helmets.

A rifle behind every blade from grass.   A total Ban would be the trigger for civil war, and the first building to burn would be the UN.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 3:11:18 PM EDT
[#17]
Anyone have any links to good info on the whole UN gun ban issue?

(and yes, i know ALL about google)
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 3:38:29 PM EDT
[#18]
Register first to find them... How about a "National Firearms License"? Confiscate next if not turned in if / when the License...you can have only three...etc... goes into effect...offer amnesty periods, make loud noises about what will happen if you don't.

Leave the duck guns...for a while. Make "assault weapons" and handguns villified in the eyes of so called "normal citizens"...offer rewards for turning in your neighbor...if you are pissed with him about something else, just turn him in anyway! By the time any such travesty could happen, a large percentage of the US Military would have been done away with and the rest brainwashed...mostly at least. Same for LEOs who did not toe the "party line". Remember what was said by one of the Jews who was dragged off to one of the camps..."The men who dragged my family and me off were store clerks, cobblers, butchers and police officers...not monsters...just normal people...or so we thought".

New gun sales curtailed to almost nothing, and used ones (legal ones) worth  maybe 10 cents on the dollar. Most manufacturers put out of business, and the few who remain do so only at the pleasure of the state...Colt anyone? School kids brainwashed to believe guns are evil and encouraged to turn in parents or family..."You are doing the right thing"! On and on and on...

Oh yes...it CAN happen here! Not in a year or two, and not if we stay on the offensive...but it CAN happen!

Let us make sure and certain it does NOT!
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 3:45:58 PM EDT
[#19]
I sure hope it never comes to that. Its bad enough they want to "monitor" our elections. Frikkin Commies.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top