Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 10:28:11 AM EDT
[#1]
This drill also could be helpful.

[url]http://www.sportshooter.com/cof_library/cofs/hard_rack.htm[/url]
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 10:30:47 AM EDT
[#2]
Those of you worried about running out of rounds with a 7+1 or 8+1 1911 vs having plenty with a Glock/Sig/etc. Have you thought of this, it's gonna require 4-5 seconds minimum to dump 15 decently aimed rounds IF YOU'RE GOOD...are you REALLY going to stand still for 4-5 seconds of gun fight? I'd suggest you may want to consider getting those feet moving after you fire the first 2-3 rounds and head to cover. (or even better, get to cover first)Frankly if I've run dry before I get to cover, that's a good clue that it's time to MOVE. More than likely if the BG's are still combative at this point, and I'm not behind cover, I've taken a couple of hits myself.

FWIW, it's always a GOOD thing to carry the best combat weapon you can manage to conceal, I carry my 342 only when it's very awkward to carry my Springfield Compact. 1st rule: Always have a gun (Hobbits second rule: Always carry the best gun you can conceal) Just my .02
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 10:32:24 AM EDT
[#3]
OK ikor,

Here I am... I am perfectly happy with my single stack .380.  I have never needed to use it, but I can shoot it very accurately.   FWIW, I figure that if I need more than 3 or 4 shots, the situation is probably beyond my ability to control.  I'll accept those odds.  

Link Posted: 12/18/2003 10:48:15 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Those of you worried about running out of rounds with a 7+1 or 8+1 1911 vs having plenty with a Glock/Sig/etc. Have you thought of this, it's gonna require 4-5 seconds minimum to dump 15 decently aimed rounds IF YOU'RE GOOD...are you REALLY going to stand still for 4-5 seconds of gun fight? I'd suggest you may want to consider getting those feet moving after you fire the first 2-3 rounds and head to cover. (or even better, get to cover first)Frankly if I've run dry before I get to cover, that's a good clue that it's time to MOVE. More than likely if the BG's are still combative at this point, and I'm not behind cover, I've taken a couple of hits myself.

snip
View Quote

Funny you mention this...In a movie I saw (Texas Rangers I think) a character was advised to hold his ground and focus on hitting the bg.  They said the bg would expect you to run, not to stand and fight-I don't think standing still is too brite myself...I could be wrong.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Top Top