Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 7:23:04 AM EDT
[#1]
If you are playing Rust on a high pop server... what were you expecting?
When I play on high-pops I do so just to PVP and grief people, since you will just get off-lined anyway.

1.4k hours in Rust with ~800-1000 being solo.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 7:26:37 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

sitting in a tree sounds fun.  Like indian fun from before there were grocery stores
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What goes wrong with your life that you give a shit about some dipstick hacking video games?

SERIOUSLY?

The reason I have not been online all weekend is that I spent it sitting on a deer stand.

REAL LIFE BITCH!

sitting in a tree sounds fun.  Like indian fun from before there were grocery stores

I don't play video games or hunt. This is comedy gold right here though.

Link Posted: 12/19/2016 7:48:46 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
You were playing rust

There's your problem

Really though I don't know, I hate those people too
We all do

The only real hope is to buy expensive games that tend to turn away hackers.  Think rainbow 6 siege, battlefield 1, etc.

Otherwise report report report.

In the case of hackers DDOSing is ok, get their 14 year old selves all worked up about a lack of connection...
View Quote

BF1 is probably the most hacked game of all time. Type BF1 Cheats into google and prepare to cry. It's everywhere. Steam is in a position to do something about it, because they have hackers credit card information and could ban them from ever buying another game. But it's not currently financially beneficial for them to do that.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 7:57:17 AM EDT
[#4]
OP  needs a safe space.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 7:59:18 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

BF1 is probably the most hacked game of all time. Type BF1 Cheats into google and prepare to cry. It's everywhere. Steam is in a position to do something about it, because they have hackers credit card information and could ban them from ever buying another game. But it's not currently financially beneficial for them to do that.
View Quote

How is steam going to ban someone from an origin game?
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 7:59:37 AM EDT
[#6]

What goes wrong with your life when you reach the age of 18 and still play videogames?
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 8:01:41 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote

He isn't completely wrong though. Steam does fucking nothing to stop cheaters.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 8:04:58 AM EDT
[#8]
No hacking on COD Modern Warfare Nintendo Wii online (mostly bc no one plays it anymore!)
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 8:07:17 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Griefing videos are some of the funniest things on the internet, specifically because of reactions like the OP's
View Quote

Griefing someone is just plain annoying as hell.
I have never understood how folks can get such glee by behaving like such asshats.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 8:10:23 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I have never understood how folks can get such glee by behaving like such asshats.
View Quote

In Rust? That's just part of the game.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 8:10:36 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

Usually its only people that aren't very good at the game that grief and get mad at griefers. Once you get to higher ranks, such as LEM+ in CS:GO, it isn't something that people get angry with as much.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 8:13:09 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

He isn't completely wrong though. Steam does fucking nothing to stop cheaters.
View Quote

Steam (Valve) is a large fat greedy entity that only cares about making money these days. What do you expect?

I think I may be insane however because I keep trying to play CSGO with my friends and end up getting pissed every time. Then if you go on the steam forums and heaven forbid you say something all the neckbeards come out of the woodwork who are at a ranking so high that there are few cheaters and no smurfs, and tell you there are no cheaters and that you must suck. Then they jerk each other off over how bad you are or how competitive and realistic CSGO is .
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 8:15:34 AM EDT
[#13]
Anyone over 18 playing games is a WTF to me...
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 8:18:55 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

I know, it's like they have no life at all. You'd almost expect them to be on a forum somewhere complaining about what other people do for fun, but at least they have a hobby and aren't quite that pathetic. 
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 8:20:25 AM EDT
[#15]
I get booted from Duck Game all the time when I'm on a hot streak. Frikkin ragequitters 
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 8:20:48 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Steam (Valve) is a large fat greedy entity that only cares about making money these days. What do you expect?

I think I may be insane however because I keep trying to play CSGO with my friends and end up getting pissed every time. Then if you go on the steam forums and heaven forbid you say something all the neckbeards come out of the woodwork who are at a ranking so high that there are few cheaters and no smurfs, and tell you there are no cheaters and that you must suck. Then they jerk each other off over how bad you are or how competitive and realistic CSGO is .
View Quote

Gold Nova ranks have the most smurfs. SMFC and Global Elite have the largest amount of cheaters. Cheating doesn't automatically make you good at the game though. Why cheaters often lose.

Honestly, just don't take MM seriously and you will have more fun. I stopped taking it seriously after I lost my rank due to activity. Realized it was stupid and just started enjoying the game even though I'm at a much lower rank. (around MGE now lol)
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 8:24:25 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Gold Nova ranks have the most smurfs. SMFC and Global Elite have the largest amount of cheaters. Cheating doesn't automatically make you good at the game though. Why cheaters often lose.

Honestly, just don't take MM seriously and you will have more fun. I stopped taking it seriously after I lost my rank due to activity. Realized it was stupid and just started enjoying the game even though I'm at a much lower rank.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Honestly, just don't take MM seriously and you will have more fun. I stopped taking it seriously after I lost my rank due to activity. Realized it was stupid and just started enjoying the game even though I'm at a much lower rank.

My biggest issue is when I'm alone I have a lot more fun just messing around sometimes with just one friend, but if I que up with 2 or 3 I get way more frustrated than I should.

Of course I love being abused so I keep going back for more
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 8:25:20 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

What goes wrong with your life when you reach the age of 18 and still play videogames?
View Quote

This is the part where somebody screencaps your post, then circles your post count and the fact you spent $600 to post on an online forum in red.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 8:25:40 AM EDT
[#19]
Dear OP.....

Online gaming sucks ass. 8 Bit and 16 Bit gaming is where it's truly at. Sure 32 Bit and 64 Bit had some awesome titles, but the 8 Bit and 16 Bit era were classic golden years and truly the best.

Online gaming has soured my view on gaming. No one makes quality material anymore for the most part. It's all multi-playsr shit. The last solid single player game I touched was The Last Of Us. And that was rare.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 8:33:14 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

In Rust? That's just part of the game.
View Quote
Not supposed to be.  Raid, attack, sure, but not camping on bodies in a base and griefing the base.  That just makes the game boring for the person being attacked and the attackers are well.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 8:33:30 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

This is the part where somebody screencaps your post, then circles your post count and the fact you spent $600 to post on an online forum in red.
View Quote

People that still complain about adults playing video games must live a very fucking boring life.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 8:35:13 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Dear OP.....

Online gaming sucks ass. 8 Bit and 16 Bit gaming is where it's truly at. Sure 32 Bit and 64 Bit had some awesome titles, but the 8 Bit and 16 Bit era were classic golden years and truly the best.

Online gaming has soured my view on gaming. No one makes quality material anymore for the most part. It's all multi-playsr shit. The last solid single player game I touched was The Last Of Us. And that was rare.
View Quote
I was playing Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine an hour ago at work. 

Most games of that era were garbage. 

Most games of this era are garbage. 

We found the good ones, and we played them, and we remember with rose colored glasses. 

Find the good ones of this era, and play them. There are plenty, not just the overstyled "interactive cinema" ones you'll find in the Walmart case. 
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 8:38:04 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Just as in the title, WTF is wrong with these cock smoking, hacker slapdicks? Just trying to enjoy my fucking Sunday evening with my fuckhead friends doing fuckhead hoodrat shit on Rust and these 4 fucknut, jackass hackers are terrorizing the entire server These cuntdrizzles have been fucking with the entire island on this server since Friday night to the point almost all of the other shitheads have left.

Oh and INB4 the fucking old people pretending to be all superior and shit while sitting on their ass browsing on a computer/cell phone. PS: 6/10 rant, OP should just post pics of his avatar's 36DDx24x36 goodness
View Quote

<----Old person wondering WTF your talking about.

Did you lose an election or something?
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 8:39:34 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

They aren't.  But the 99.9% of the rest of games are on steam.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 8:44:27 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

<----Old person wondering WTF your talking about.

Did you lose an election or something?
View Quote

Basically hacking in video games is just cheating. It ruins the game for everyone else trying to be competitive or have fun.

Imagine if you were playing tic tac toe and someone just put 3 X's in a row before you could even put 1 O.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 8:45:10 AM EDT
[#26]
OP, Sounds like you would of loved my Rust Server. Myself and my Admin team were so great at investigating and finding hackers, that we were incident free for a year.  Up until I shut down the server.  

Pretty easy to know who is hacking based on the steam profiles, the player ID's and country of origin. So I was banning them within 60 seconds of them joining my server.  Brazilians, Russians and Chinese are notorious for hacking in this game and they made up 95% of the hacking incidents when I first started that server. So I just blocked those countries from joining the server.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 8:48:05 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
OP, Sounds like you would of loved my Rust Server. Myself and my Admin team were so great at investigating and finding hackers, that we were incident free for a year.  Up until I shut down the server.  

Pretty easy to know who is hacking based on the steam profiles, the player ID's and country of origin. So I was banning them within 60 seconds of them joining my server.  Brazilians, Russians and Chinese are notorious for hacking in this game and they made up 95% of the hacking incidents when I first started that server. So I just blocked those countries from joining the server.
View Quote

BRs are the worst. Online gaming has actually caused me to hate an entire population. I can honestly say that there HAS to be something wrong with BR culture,  because they are all horrible fucks.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 8:59:02 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

You should try downloading sporkeh
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah cause spawning in weapons and resources, flying through the air, and making 1 shot headshots through walls is just skill not to mention being banned multiple time before by the server for hacking violations......but no, I'm just butthurt cause I died

You should try downloading sporkeh

Fucking awesome.  Extract anywhere but the steam folder and run the EXE.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 9:03:06 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 9:16:14 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I don't do online gaming. I will absolutely mod and tweak and fiddle with single player games though.
View Quote

That is a lot different than cheating in multiplayer games though and it is perfectly acceptable.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 9:29:55 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

BRs are the worst. Online gaming has actually caused me to hate an entire population. I can honestly say that there HAS to be something wrong with BR culture,  because they are all horrible fucks.
View Quote

BRs are awful and tend to be terrible players as well, but Russians treat cheating as an institution. It's like you are doing something wrong if you are a Russian and AREN'T cheating.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 9:33:31 AM EDT
[#32]
WTF is a smurf?

As for the hacking cheaters exist in everything. Some people just don't care about the spirit of the game. Same people who stir shit for no reason on the forums.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 9:40:46 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
WTF is a smurf?

As for the hacking cheaters exist in everything. Some people just don't care about the spirit of the game. Same people who stir shit for no reason on the forums.
View Quote

Many games have matchmaking systems that match more experienced players or better players against similarly skilled peers instead of new players or ultra casuals. The idea is that it is more challenging and fun for everyone that way, since games aren't total shitstomps.

A smurf or smurf account is a new account played by a good or more highly skilled player so they can take a dump on lower end brackets without damaging the matchmaking value of their main account. Imagine playing a ranked game where you have a year of experience, but you go back and fight only the newest players.

Why do it? Some people want to occasionally dominate, and also it is a way a lot of people make youtube videos doing impressive looking but silly shit you could never get away with against experienced or decent players.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 9:41:43 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Just as in the title, WTF is wrong with these cock smoking, hacker slapdicks? Just trying to enjoy my fucking Sunday evening with my fuckhead friends doing fuckhead hoodrat shit on Rust and these 4 fucknut, jackass hackers are terrorizing the entire server These cuntdrizzles have been fucking with the entire island on this server since Friday night to the point almost all of the other shitheads have left.

Oh and INB4 the fucking old people pretending to be all superior and shit while sitting on their ass browsing on a computer/cell phone. PS: 6/10 rant, OP should just post pics of his avatar's 36DDx24x36 goodness
View Quote

Why do they do it?

This post.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 9:49:31 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Why do they do it?

This post.
View Quote

Honestly, no. I'd like to think that most of them are just trolls laughing at our expense, but they are not. In competitive matchmaking games, players will pay a decent amount of money for cheaters to boost their rank. Cheaters will also boost their own rank to somewhere they should not be.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 10:45:44 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote

If you think the huezilians are bad you should try playing with some Russians, I have yet to encounter a Russian player that doesn't hack.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 10:47:59 AM EDT
[#37]
And coming from the great board of /v/ is this.

Link Posted: 12/19/2016 10:51:36 AM EDT
[#38]
I play games on line on my PS4..

I haven't had problems like that..

whats this PC master race stuff about again?
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 10:54:57 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote

Sucks that you lost your ability to have fun.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 10:54:57 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Basically hacking in video games is just cheating. It ruins the game for everyone else trying to be competitive or have fun.

Imagine if you were playing tic tac toe and someone just put 3 X's in a row before you could even put 1 O.
View Quote

I know. I play BF. What Im wondering is why would anyone care that much? If your playing on PC theres going to be cheats.

I miss the days of going to the bowling alley. You couldnt cheat there.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 3:04:35 PM EDT
[#41]
They do, and it's really annoying when I'm paying to get away from MM hackers but still get them time to time. It's super rare on ESEA but still just as frustrating.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 3:05:20 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

I understand smurfs, and admittedly do it myself. Any ranked multiplayer game will have smurfs since many people outskill their friends.

The issue is really just hackers. At least you still have a chance of winning against smurfs. Cheaters will just cheat harder if they start to lose.
View Quote

Smurfs don't bother me at all. They're just better at the game from me  and playing against them makes me better. I guess they piss most people off but I don't have a problem with it.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 3:06:10 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote

Says the guy with 44k posts on his $600 internet forum account.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 3:10:45 PM EDT
[#44]
They're addicted to winning.  I can relate.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 3:30:43 PM EDT
[#45]
Troll them like this guy.

Link Posted: 12/19/2016 4:53:04 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I play games on line on my PS4..

I haven't had problems like that..

whats this PC master race stuff about again?
View Quote

The issue is more with developers like Valve not doing shit to fix their games. There are many games on PC where cheaters aren't an issue.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 6:46:41 PM EDT
[#47]
I'm not superior because I'm older.

I'm superior because I'm not throwing a child's tantrum over a fucking video game.

You're such a big boy, though, you've learned SO many bad words!
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 6:58:10 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Not supposed to be.  Raid, attack, sure, but not camping on bodies in a base and griefing the base.  That just makes the game boring for the person being attacked and the attackers are well.
View Quote

Why? In a game that gives you the option to do whatever you want, why wouldn't you?

I rarely grief on low-mid pop servers, only to groups/clans that think they rule the server. I do it constantly in high pop servers.
Griefing gives you an advantage, they either have to waste time/resources to undo it or they have to build a new base (aka, they can't harass/raid you).
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 7:11:18 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Troll them like this guy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRYwiY2q1PE
View Quote

Hey man, you keep posting shit like than and I'm gonna suck yo toes.  Not gay though.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 7:12:30 PM EDT
[#50]
your reaction is the reason for the season bruh
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top