Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/23/2011 6:04:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/23/2011 6:10:33 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:

190.00 bucks..

I will just pick up a breaker bar at Harbor freight..

if it breaks, i will take it back..

Know how I know you use tools for a hobby and not to make your living?

There is plenty of stuff I buy at harbor freight.  I do have the 25" breaker bar, the build/assembly quality at the head is poor and I do not recommend it to anyone.  

Link Posted: 5/23/2011 6:11:25 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Snap on ratchet adapter plus snap on breaker bar.  Has never broke for me.

You mean like this one?

http://buy1.snapon.com/catalog/item.asp?search=true&item_ID=14990&PartNo=L872&group_id=418&supersede=&store=snapon-store&tool=all

Link Posted: 5/23/2011 6:11:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Ask my Airman that question after he used a ratchet like a breaker bar and sent a dozen tiny-ass ball bearings into the depths of an F-15C, and spent the next 18 hours on top of an impounded jet fishing them out.

They named them wrong....we should call the ratchets breakers.

Digging those bearing out of that engine had to be pure hell.

Link Posted: 5/23/2011 6:13:51 PM EDT
[#5]
I've broken several 1/2" drive ratchets.

The best breaker I've used was my fathers Craftsman from 1989. We still have it and use the shit out of it.
Link Posted: 5/23/2011 6:14:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Another question I have is what would you use this for...see below.  It just seems to small to have any torque on a 1/2 drive????1??

http://buy1.snapon.com/catalog/item.asp?search=true&item_ID=87888&PartNo=SKF80&group_id=22911&supersede=&store=snapon-store&tool=all

It's for working in tight spaces.

Tools, how do they fucking work?

Those little guys are perfect for changing spark plugs on older engines where the plugs are obscured by the exhaust manifold.

Link Posted: 5/23/2011 6:14:42 PM EDT
[#7]
not strip out.
Link Posted: 5/23/2011 6:17:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/23/2011 6:29:01 PM EDT
[#9]
True story!
I have a "less than mechanically inclined" (LTMI) flying friend that wanted to help another friend IA do a wing bolt inspection on his North American T6 aircraft.
My IA friend was on one wing while my other (LTMI) Ifriend was doing as instructed (remove the wing attach bolt nuts) on the other wing.
My (LTMI) friend decided it was to hard to break loose the nuts and and got an OK from the IA to get a longer ratchet wrench from the tool box.
After about twenty minutes passed the IA came around the to the other wing to see how (LTMI) friend was doing - only to see him laying on a click type torque wrench that he was using as a breaker bar!
Much distress followed.....
Link Posted: 5/23/2011 6:29:17 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ask my Airman that question after he used a ratchet like a breaker bar and sent a dozen tiny-ass ball bearings into the depths of an F-15C, and spent the next 18 hours on top of an impounded jet fishing them out.

They named them wrong....we should call the ratchets breakers.

Digging those bearing out of that engine had to be pure hell.

I dont get where the bearings came from.

And why wasn't he using a sealed, FOD free ratchet?

Link Posted: 5/23/2011 6:31:52 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

190.00 bucks..

I will just pick up a breaker bar at Harbor freight..

if it breaks, i will take it back..

Know how I know you use tools for a hobby and not to make your living?

Most of tools are Harbor Freight, Stanley, among others, and I make my living in the machine tool trade. I've not had a single problem with any.

Link Posted: 5/23/2011 6:32:54 PM EDT
[#12]

I make a living with my tools and have yet to break my giant ass ratchet, I have however bent the handle. Good thing it has a lifetime warranty

Link Posted: 5/23/2011 6:38:20 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Snap on ratchet adapter plus snap on breaker bar.  Has never broke for me.

You mean like this one?

http://buy1.snapon.com/catalog/item.asp?search=true&item_ID=14990&PartNo=L872&group_id=418&supersede=&store=snapon-store&tool=all

like this on a breaker.

http://buy1.snapon.com/catalog/item.asp?P65=&tool=all&item_ID=83043&group_ID=357&store=snapon-store&dir=catalog

Link Posted: 5/23/2011 6:55:03 PM EDT
[#14]
Make a clicking sound!
Being chrome one can use it to signal for help if you're trapped under the vehicle
Link Posted: 5/23/2011 6:56:22 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Make a clicking sound!

Being chrome one can use it to signal for help if you're trapped under the vehicle

That actually made me laugh because it happened to me.

Link Posted: 5/23/2011 7:53:03 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
True story!
I have a "less than mechanically inclined" (LTMI) flying friend that wanted to help
another friend IA do a wing bolt inspection on his North American T6 aircraft.

Baaaad JuJu.

<== Friendly with the folks at WarBird Adventures.  

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top