Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 11:39:18 AM EDT
[#1]
Hell is the complete, total and absolute absence of God.

What came first is irrelevant. It doesn't matter.

If one is stuck in Hell, one has bigger problems to deal with at the moment than figuring out which came first.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 11:39:38 AM EDT
[#2]
Genesis 1:1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

Matthew 24:41 Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels

God created the heavens and the earth in the beginning. "Hell" is a place of eternal torment and separation from God, prepared by God for the devil and his angels. Sin against God will be eternally punished. That's why God prepared it for the devil and his angels that rebelled against Him. If you, in your life until death, rebel against Him and sin against Him, you will be judged for that and be sent to the place that was prepared for others. But The Lord Jesus Christ's death on the cross served as the propitiation for the sin of those who believe in Him and walk with Him in faith. Persevering until the end.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 11:44:32 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Genesis 1:1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

Matthew 24:41 Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels

God created the heavens and the earth in the beginning. "Hell" is a place of eternal torment and separation from God, prepared by God for the devil and his angels. Sin against God will be eternally punished. That's why God prepared it for the devil and his angels that rebelled against Him. If you, in your life until death, rebel against Him and sin against Him, you will be judged for that and be sent to the place that was prepared for others. But The Lord Jesus Christ's death on the cross served as the propitiation for the sin of those who believe in Him and walk with Him in faith. Persevering until the end.
View Quote

This!
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 12:14:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Chicken or Egg. Hmm...
View Quote

That question has been answered!

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 12:21:51 PM EDT
[#5]
I’m not so sure “hell” is a place as much as it is a “condition”

Sure the place you go may be physically uncomfortable, but the eternal knowledge that you will be alone and separated from a loving God who wanted to spend time with you and give you eternal peace? ....yeah, that will be hell.

Ever hear a parent describe losing a child and having the knowledge that they no longer get to hold them, kiss them, talk to them, see their smile?.....they say “I’m going through hell right now”

I think those who reject God will spend an eternity in solitary emotional pain
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 12:30:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Not this shit again.

Go to fucking church and pay for your tithing pastor's Porsche Panamera if you want to ponder this.
View Quote

FTFY
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 12:40:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Thats an Olympic gold metal level of mental gymnastics.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Fuck politics, lets have a good old religious argument in GD....

If hell was first, why create souls that could be damned to such a place

If earth was first, why create a hell to punish a creation you love so much...

Bonus question.... why did god give women vocal cords?

Bonus answer... to prepare some men for hell......

Because, if you don't the bad ones will make life hell for the good ones.  Free will requires a proper fear of consequences.

No such thing as free will if God has control over everything and knows what you're going to do.

Knowing what you are going to do and making you do it are two WAY different things. God does control everything but from what you imply, God causes you to sin.  No he doesn't.

Men have the free will to do as they wish. God may control everything but he does not control our behavior and he does not cause us to sin. That's all on us and our free will.

It's " the devil made me do it"...... Not " God made me do it".

Thats an Olympic gold metal level of mental gymnastics.

No, it really isn't. You just don't know the difference between knowing and making. Seems easy to understand to me.

You KNOW that the  kid will burn his hand if he touches that stove burner but you didn't MAKE him do it.

Free Will dude...... we get to do what we want.

Link Posted: 1/22/2021 12:47:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Earth can be heaven or hell.  It depends on what we make of it.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top