BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 8:11:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Yeah Baby...[b]]YEAH!!![/b]

It makes no difference what you NASCAR haters do...it follows you everywhere!!!!

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< 110,000 people watched a LACrotch match??? By the way..is'nt La Cross French?? [LOL]

Oh..and...Baseball is America's number 1. Always has, always will.
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 7:18:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Sex.
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 7:28:56 PM EDT
[#3]

[blue] Football and then baseball. La Crosse? Sorry but "yaaaawn". Yeah, you run and then throw a ball into a net with a curved stick. (Believe me, I tried to get into it.) But, to me, it's soccer with sticks. I agree that it takes tremendous skill and must be tough to play. . . but as a spectator sport? I'd rather watch Golf.

Just my .02[/blue]

Link Posted: 5/8/2003 8:40:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Lacrosse is in no way French!  Lacrosse was a sport played by the American Indians to settle tribal disputes.  If the lacrosse match didn’t solve the dispute they went to war.  The translation of lacrosse is “little brother of war”.    

Keep yer stick up!
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 7:08:52 AM EDT
[#5]
And please stop spelling it La Crosse... it is lacrosse.  

Native name was baggataway.  That is what means 'little brother of war'.

The word/name lacrosse is what the French called the game because the sticks looked like a bishops crozier (thus La Crosse and changed to lacrosse as the name of the sport).  That is the only thing it has to do with the french.

Lacrosse, like many sports do not translate well over the television, but seen in person is very exciting.  It also takes a bit of exposure to it.   Just like football, baseball, hockey or any game that has lots of rules, you have to see it a few or many times to understand what is really going on.

And for those of you into the rough stuff, you can body check any opponent as long as he is within 5 yards of the ball and his back is not to you.
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 10:41:33 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the correction Vector Joe!
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 10:59:49 AM EDT
[#7]
NASCAR
Non
Athletic
Sport
Centered
Around
Rednecks
Drag racing is Much more exciting-especially Top Fuelies at night-and your ears get a rest.
Baseball: Hard to get excited about watching it, unless you've played the game extensively. Too much standing around.
Basketball: Too much standing around, players paid WAY TOO MUCH for a 40 minute game on a 40yd court. I only watch college, occasionally.
Football: Again, too much standing around-they actually only play about 18 minutes of a 3 hour game. Yeah, I still watch it, but as the years go by I lose interest more and more.
Soccer: Hard to understand or get excited about, unless you've played the game (I have, extensively). Constant attack/counterattack fall back to defense, advance on offense. International rules: 90 MINUTE GAME, NO TIME OUTS, ONLY TWO (2) SUBSTITUTIONS PER GAME.
Hockey: IMHO, the only sport where the players ACTUALLY EARN THE MONEY THEY'RE PAID. I enjoy hockey so much, hell, I'd pay to see 10year-olds play. I guess you could say I enjoy sports that have a lot of constant action. Lacrosse looks brutal, I'm not real familiar with it. Played some rugby, brutal also, but GREAT parties afterward. Australian Rules Football: Has ANYONE figured out the rules of this game?? I think the object is to DISH OUT and ABSORB as much punishment as possible and still be a "sport" about it. Oh-and to kick a ball through the uprights so that some limp-wristed lookin' dude can give those amusing hand signals.
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 10:02:37 PM EDT
[#8]

And for those of you into the rough stuff, you can body check any opponent as long as he is within 5 yards of the ball and his back is not to you.
View Quote

[blue]Hmmm, maybe I'll give it another look![/blue]

Link Posted: 5/10/2003 11:03:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Its not sailing is it??
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 11:49:18 PM EDT
[#10]
It IS Baseball. Get away for a few hours and enjoy a game. You need to hear the "crack" of the bat in the bottom of the ninth.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top