BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 1:09:10 AM EDT
[#1]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I think this is the source of the can stupidity.

http://www.alicetraining.com/
View Quote

Yes...yes it is.

I linked the original article above.

Link Posted: 1/16/2015 1:11:19 AM EDT
[#2]
If I were a student, I'd rather be shot dead and paraded on CNN by Anderson "analsex" Cooper than fight a sicko with a god damn soup can.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 1:11:33 AM EDT
[#3]
Full tard pass.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 1:14:18 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

A ... canned food item?

Here in NH it's legal for our teachers to carry firearms in school. Campus carry for the rest of us is legal as well. While individual districts undoubtedly have policies in place that frown on the practice, I know of two in my small city who carry everyday. I used to know a third, but he retired a couple of years ago.

The most effective way to stop a school massacre is accurate return fire. Anything less is feelgood emotional masturbation.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

A ... canned food item?

Here in NH it's legal for our teachers to carry firearms in school. Campus carry for the rest of us is legal as well. While individual districts undoubtedly have policies in place that frown on the practice, I know of two in my small city who carry everyday. I used to know a third, but he retired a couple of years ago.

The most effective way to stop a school massacre is accurate return fire. Anything less is feelgood emotional masturbation.

Yeah...and what's your state motto again?

I'm amazed this is sensible training as much as anything. Common sense is going to tell you to throw shit at the attacker as you try to leave I would hope...but having a teacher armed, solid doors with no windows that open inwards with a sturdy steel drop bar lock across it would be a bit more effective I would think (and is what my suggestion would be....)

Link Posted: 1/16/2015 1:15:07 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Yes...yes it is.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes...yes it is.

Alice needs a good...

Nvm.  I don't want to be banned.

Link Posted: 1/16/2015 1:24:14 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Alice needs a good...

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes...yes it is.

Alice needs a good...

Would you rather be canned?

Link Posted: 1/16/2015 1:34:46 AM EDT
[#7]
In before  Bloomberg advocates maximum capacity as 8oz cans.

No legitimate eating use, for canned food over 8oz.

It's  for the chi.........wait  WUT
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 1:52:15 AM EDT
[#8]
Self-defense canned chili - beans or no beans?
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 1:56:28 AM EDT
[#9]
Like in the other thread on this a few days ago, I still think throwing freshly microed hot pockets works better. Hit them in the face with one of those and it is 3rd degree burns for sure
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 2:00:36 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 2:00:44 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Self-defense canned chili - beans or no beans?
View Quote

The only time I will ever say no beans. They are not terribly dense and probably take away a bit of weight. When your only line of defense is a can of chili you want all the weight you can get.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 2:02:34 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Like in the other thread on this a few days ago, I still think throwing freshly microed hot pockets works better. Hit them in the face with one of those and it is 3rd degree burns for sure
View Quote

Great idea, but you could hopefully evacuate in the 2 mins it takes to get that hot pocket all the way cooked. They're more of a torture device than a defense device.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 2:09:18 AM EDT
[#13]
Can of lcp ftw?

Link Posted: 1/16/2015 2:10:12 AM EDT
[#14]
WTF IS GOING ON?  This is fucking stupid! If someone wants to kill innocent people a fuckin can of corn is not going to stop them....
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 2:17:32 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
WTF IS GOING ON?  This is fucking stupid! If someone wants to kill innocent people a fuckin can of corn is not going to stop them....
View Quote

What makes you think it's a lousy weapon?  I wouldn't want to get hit with it.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 2:22:31 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Be protected by armed adults, and not idiots stocking up on canned goods as a defensive measure.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It may not be effective  but at least  she's doing something. Its a means for kids to defend themselves, surely we aren't suggesting giving kids guns and weapons. She didn't say staff would be throwing cans. What would you suggest children do for self defense?

Be protected by armed adults, and not idiots stocking up on canned goods as a defensive measure.

the principal doesnt have the authority to do that. she is doing what she can and at worst the local food bank gets it.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 2:28:54 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Really...
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 2:34:09 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Really...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Really...

Sarcasm.  Never can tell in GD, though.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 2:36:37 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Really...

Send your kid to school with a can of carrots then... Not me! This is a stupid idea....!
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 2:56:16 AM EDT
[#21]
All funny until some some nut start shooting up a school and some Arfcomer's kid goes, "Hide under your desk Teach, I got  this."

Link Posted: 1/16/2015 3:03:46 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

A ... canned food item?

View All Quotes
Quoted:

A ... canned food item?

WOW.

I did not know this. Can you point me towards more info on this?

Link Posted: 1/16/2015 3:17:25 AM EDT
[#23]
Uber-progressive female principal and vice principal. I wonder who they voted for last election.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 3:49:13 AM EDT
[#24]
My son had a drill at his school when he has a sophmore. They said it was a drill and one thing they should all do is take books coats ect and line up against the wall by the door.

That way if the shooter looked in the widow on the door of the room would look empty and pass by. I dont beleive they thought it through what the shhoter would do if all the rooms looked empty.

so the announce a shooter in the building and where told to do what they thought was best,

My son walked up by door and pulled the fire extinguisher of the wall and raised it to shoulder height. The teacher started to tell him it wasn't a fire. He said I know.

She was giving him a blank stare and he said: When he walks in that door I'm going to hit him till he goes to the floor then I'm going to hit him some more. If he gets me I encourge some behind me to pick up where i left off. , Im not going to die like a rat in a snake cage.

He said the teacher looked horrified and mumbled  wouldn't you stop once you where safe ? My son stated: I just had to listen to him shoot and more than likely kill some of my friends. I plan on turning his head into a mud puddle. He is not getting off the floor.

The Super for the school is a retired Marine Colonel.( I hear they sometimes are prone to swearing) She told him what my son did said. In front of a few other teachers. (one who happens to by my wifes cousin)  He looked at her and said. Out fucking standing!  Ummm I mean some people just dont have it in them to go without a fight,

Link Posted: 1/16/2015 3:54:35 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

Agreed, but ALICE beats the old model of "shelter in place and wait to die".  I don't have a problem with the cans.  It's a step in the right direction to the most effective answer.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 3:55:46 AM EDT
[#26]
food fight..
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 4:13:35 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 5:15:57 AM EDT
[#28]
Don't bring a can of food to a gun fight.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 5:29:18 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Agreed, but ALICE beats the old model of "shelter in place and wait to die".  I don't have a problem with the cans.  It's a step in the right direction to the most effective answer.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This 100% it sure beats my kids school policy of hiding under desks. I've told my kids to throw hardcover books or anything else they can get their hands on at an attacker to try to create an opening to escape. Just because you don't have the best tool for the job doesn't mean you are helpless. I don't know just how many others have seen what can happen when someone is hit in the head with a can of pork & beans, but it can seriously ruin your day. It's not easy to aim when those cans are hitting you either. This is basic improvisational weapons stuff here guys.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 5:31:25 AM EDT
[#30]
That is a fucked up idea, give cans to the kids to throw.  Fuck that, give the teachers a firearm.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 5:40:56 AM EDT
[#31]
Yes we can.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 6:34:15 AM EDT
[#32]
Outfuckinstanding Operation get behind the kids.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 6:48:21 AM EDT
[#33]
If my kid came home with that,  I'd freak out and immediately pull them out for home schooling until they fired all of those idiots.

Link Posted: 1/16/2015 6:51:27 AM EDT
[#34]
No kid is going to lug around a can of food day in and day out
The impoverished will claim they can't afford to send a can of food and will expect you to pay for their can.
If the throw-a-can policy is widely known it wont come as a surprise to active shooters drawn from within the student body
Once you've thrown your can all you've managed to do is to piss off an active shooter.
So you have a kid who is now empty handed who's pissed off the shooter and who now has absolutely no way to stop the shooter, as if the can was actually going to accomplish that in the first place

All in all, one of the dumber ideas I've ever heard of coming out of a school planning meetings
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 7:14:44 AM EDT
[#35]
Which can would be more effective in stopping the shooter, beans or no beans
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 7:17:58 AM EDT
[#36]
I would think the only logical solution is to have every classroom  outfitted with an angry chimpanzee chained in a corner who has been trained/beaten  to eat the face of would be attackers at a moments notice.  This option seems no more stupid than what has already been offered.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 7:33:50 AM EDT
[#37]
Souper.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 7:36:54 AM EDT
[#38]
Have half of the kids take canned chili and the other half with beans.

They can have lunch after the pelt the BG.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 7:51:01 AM EDT
[#39]
Corn > peas

That settles that...
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 7:53:39 AM EDT
[#40]
Needs mor Lock in a Sock.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 8:41:03 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

I vote to equip them with javelins. Because man, think about how many javelins that is.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So technically the principal is advocating bringing tools/weapons in to deter, hurt, or stop a gunman.

why not use one of the best tools available to stop violence....Another gun.

Is that just too much weapon?  

The stupid. It hurts.

I vote to equip them with javelins. Because man, think about how many javelins that is.

I totally read that in the Saturday Night Live Jack Handy voice.

Link Posted: 1/16/2015 9:01:46 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
No kid is going to lug around a can of food day in and day out
The impoverished will claim they can't afford to send a can of food and will expect you to pay for their can.
If the throw-a-can policy is widely known it wont come as a surprise to active shooters drawn from within the student body
Once you've thrown your can all you've managed to do is to piss off an active shooter.
So you have a kid who is now empty handed who's pissed off the shooter and who now has absolutely no way to stop the shooter, as if the can was actually going to accomplish that in the first place

All in all, one of the dumber ideas I've ever heard of coming out of a school planning meetings
View Quote

All true but at least we have a fucking teacher who is thinking offensively for god's sake.

That is quite an improvement over the "just hide under your desk and pray to the mass murder by saying 'please don't kill me Mr. Mass Murderer' ".................I know this sounds stupid and CRAZY also but this is where we are at.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 9:07:32 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Sort of brings a whole new meaning to the term "food fight".
View Quote
It's ok, just need to yell, "target practice!" instead.

Link Posted: 1/16/2015 9:09:08 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

As a side note, is this thread going full retard for anyone else?

It went from one to two, then to 4.

http://i.imgur.com/By8JKQO.jpg
View Quote

4 ways to stop intruders
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 9:09:49 AM EDT
[#45]
Please tell me your child's school sent you that letter and that you sent a letter back laying out how utterly retarded that is.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 9:12:53 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Or else they're doing this to show how ineffective it is to leave people defenseless, and it's meant to subvert the idea that making people defenseless protects them somehow.

Alternately, it's a somebody who finds that defenselessness unconscionable and is willing to push for anything that could be used.

And at the very, very least, it's somebody who understands on some level that defense is needed, even if it's woefully inept.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Shows how delusional they are.  Guns aren't effective for self defense but cans are?

Or else they're doing this to show how ineffective it is to leave people defenseless, and it's meant to subvert the idea that making people defenseless protects them somehow.

Alternately, it's a somebody who finds that defenselessness unconscionable and is willing to push for anything that could be used.

And at the very, very least, it's somebody who understands on some level that defense is needed, even if it's woefully inept.

That is giving them a lot of credit but it could be...  I say we jump on the band wagon and DEMAND that everyone that promotes gun control, arm their body guards with canned goods.  If it is good enough for the chillren, its good enough for all.

Hey maybe police should be armed with a can of peas as well, no more police shootings...
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 9:19:13 AM EDT
[#47]
Israel started this practice some time ago. WE have gotten the training here in NM to teach students. to "Fight Back". Its actually an alternative to armed presence albeit a weak one. Truthfully though, having a plan is better than none. Students are taught that when the Code Black is announced to strategically orient themselves around the room and arm themselves. If the perp enters then it is use of force by all. Stupid? At least its a plan since our current government would never allow teachers to be armed.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 9:48:40 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Uber-progressive female principal and vice principal. I wonder who they voted for last election.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/16/2015 9:50:02 AM EDT
[#49]
My gosh atleast teach them to use the fire hose and water that are installed in the school before a can.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 9:51:26 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Absolutely
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top