Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 7/30/2019 12:25:44 PM EDT
I just want to extend warm wishes to all fellow cryptid travelers and our new home on ARFCOM.
Link Posted: 7/30/2019 1:02:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I just want to extend warm wishes to all fellow cryptid travelers and our new home on ARFCOM.
View Quote
Link Posted: 7/30/2019 1:17:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/30/2019 1:36:16 PM EDT
[#3]

Link Posted: 7/30/2019 2:50:38 PM EDT
[#4]
My new home....
Link Posted: 7/30/2019 3:00:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
My new home....
View Quote
I intend to contribute a lot more.  Whichever mods and/or staff made this possible,  thank you.  .
Link Posted: 7/30/2019 3:02:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 7/30/2019 3:03:44 PM EDT
[#7]
A fan fiction forum at last...

You will no longer be able to troll this or any other forum. - DV8
Link Posted: 7/30/2019 3:04:33 PM EDT
[#8]
If anybody "in power" is listening....

I know a lot of threads in GD on these subject matters would get trolled mercilessly.

Is there a way to make it part of the rules of this forum that it is "troll free", i.e., for "believers" if you want to  use that word.

In other words: no naysayer posts saying it's tinfoil hat stuff unless it's specific to an event where there's evidence of a hoax.
Link Posted: 7/30/2019 3:05:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I know a lot of threads in GD on these subject matters would get trolled mercilessly.

Is there a way to make it part of the rules of this forum that it is "troll free", i.e., for "believers" if you want to  use that word.

In other words: no naysayer posts saying it's tinfoil hat stuff unless it's specific to an event where there's evidence of a hoax.
View Quote
So a “no facts allowed” rule?

trolls post knowingly fictional information posing as fact to troll the gullible... you’re on the wrong side of this issue.

I’m actually ok with that, as long as participants are banned from posting anywhere else on this forum....
Link Posted: 7/30/2019 3:06:27 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote
I agree, I don’t mind a competing viewpoint, but we are here for a reason.
Link Posted: 7/30/2019 3:07:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I agree, I don’t mind a competing viewpoint, but we are here for a reason.
View Quote
To invent your own fictional “reality”?

That guy does, in fact, mind competing viewpoints (especially with those pesky facts involved)...
Link Posted: 7/30/2019 3:14:12 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

That guy does, in fact, mind competing viewpoints (especially with those pesky facts involved)...
View Quote
You might want to tone down your rhetoric and personal attacks.  Just a friendly suggestion.
Link Posted: 7/30/2019 3:14:37 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote
I'm only against people making fun of the subject matter(s) presented without showing evidence.  It's the smug, snarky mocking of the subject matter that I object to.

Bona fide evidence contrary to the narrative is always welcome.
Link Posted: 7/30/2019 3:16:14 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I'm only against people making fun of the subject matter(s) presented without showing evidence.  It's the smug, snarky mocking of the subject matter that I object to.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

But presenting fanfiction with no evidence is cool?

What an odd preference....

The source of the snark is years and years of utter nonsense without a shred of evidence to back it up, combined with “I have proof but won’t show you,” and “you called my BS, you must be a government agent” horseshit and spurious “report” usage. You realize that, don’t you?
Link Posted: 7/30/2019 3:17:28 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote
This is exactly what I'm talking about.  You're only here to cause trouble and make smart ass comments.  You are not here to contribute anything, just make fun of the subject matter as fan fiction.
Link Posted: 7/30/2019 3:19:36 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
This is exactly what I'm talking about.  You're only here to cause trouble and make smart ass comments.  You are not here to contribute anything, just make fun of the subject matter as fan fiction.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Injecting reality into the discussion and asking folks to back their ridiculous claims is contributing nothing?  You realize that the sum total of evidence presented in favor of criptids is zero, right?

Again, what a skewed perception you have. You don’t want a discussion, you want a “no facts required” echo chamber. Sadly, it looks like you may have one.
Link Posted: 7/30/2019 3:22:02 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Injecting reality into the discussion and asking folks to back their ridiculous claims is contributing nothing?
View Quote
That is not how you started out  your posts to this thread.  You started with personal attacks of this as "fan fiction."  That is trolling with the intent to cause trouble.

Now, when you "ask folks to back their ridiculous claims" that is a little bit different.  You still should not use an inflammatory word like "ridiculous" however.
Link Posted: 7/30/2019 3:29:39 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
That is not how you started out  your posts to this thread.  You started with personal attacks of this as "fan fiction."  That is trolling with the intent to cause trouble.

Now, when you "ask folks to back their ridiculous claims" that is a little bit different.  You still should not use an inflammatory word like "ridiculous" however.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Injecting reality into the discussion and asking folks to back their ridiculous claims is contributing nothing?

You have clearly missed the last few years of discussion on this topic. You should go back and do some research before branding folks requesting evidence as trolls (like the biggest squatchista expert is fond of doing). The next step is further abuse of the “report” button.
Link Posted: 7/30/2019 3:33:45 PM EDT
[#19]

This is awesome. I needed some good news this week
Link Posted: 7/30/2019 3:38:51 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

You have clearly missed the last few years of discussion on this topic. You should go back and do some research before branding folks requesting evidence as trolls (like the biggest squatchista expert is fond of doing). The next step is further abuse of the “report” button.
View Quote
All I am saying is that there are better ways to get your point across rather than start posting like you are spoiling for  a fight.  That indicates you are not interested in an exchange of ideas, just in belittling and mocking a topic.
Link Posted: 7/30/2019 4:27:53 PM EDT
[#21]

Awesome!

Hope trolls get
Link Posted: 7/30/2019 4:50:58 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
All I am saying is that there are better ways to get your point across rather than start posting like you are spoiling for  a fight.  That indicates you are not interested in an exchange of ideas, just in belittling and mocking a topic.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

After years of trying it your way with no results, there is nothing left to conclude except that one side has no interest in facts, only evasion and outright dishonesty.  Anyone with a shred of critical thinking would either be spoiling for a fight, or just ready to give up. So far, I refuse to give way to obvious charlatans (which every self-appointed “expert” so far has shown themselves to be).

If you go back and look at enough BF threads here, you’ll understand.  Sorry, but that’s just the way it is. This is why you’ve labeled the wrong side as the trolls.  What the powers-that-be have done is validated some of the worst charlatans on the site, and that’s a sad thing.  If they can find a way to banish all rational thinkers, that’s the next.  Think about that before you pick sides between fact and folklore... that is what some folks actually want.
Link Posted: 7/30/2019 4:54:56 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

After years of trying it your way with no results, there is nothing left to conclude except that one side has no interest in facts, only evasion and outright dishonesty.

If you go back and look at enough BF threads here, you’ll understand.
View Quote
You are very, very wrong!

No one is here is making you believe yet.  We are just learning to embrace our new minority status.  It will be a while before we progress into making you accept that this is happening and embracing the gone squatching lifestyle.
Link Posted: 7/30/2019 4:58:28 PM EDT
[#24]
Personally there are phenomena that I know to be real because I have experienced them myself.  Others not so much but I allow for evidence to be presented, either for or against.

I just want the ridicule and trolling to stop just because some people find paranormal subjects to be laughable.
Link Posted: 7/30/2019 5:08:39 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Personally there are phenomena that I know to be real because I have experienced them myself.  Others not so much but I allow for evidence to be presented, either for or against.

I just want the ridicule and trolling to stop just because some people find paranormal subjects to be laughable.
View Quote
They’re laughable because there has never been any credible evidence to support them. None has ever been presented. When you point this out you’re called a troll. What you’ll never see in this forum is any rational case presented by squatchistas.

I challenge you: find any bigfoot thread ANYWHERE where a rational case is made for the existence of bigfeet. You won’t be able to do it.

At this point you have to be a gullible fool to believe. Pointing that out doesn’t make anyone a troll. No thinking person could think otherwise.
Link Posted: 7/30/2019 5:13:09 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

They’re laughable because there has never been any credible evidence to support them. None has ever been presented. When you point this out you’re called a troll. What you’ll never see in this forum is any rational case presented by squatchistas.

I challenge you: find any bigfoot thread ANYWHERE where a rational case is made for the existence of bigfeet. You won’t be able to do it.

At this point you have to be a gullible fool to believe. Pointing that out doesn’t make anyone a troll.
View Quote
No, it's the manner in which a person comes across.  Calling someone a "gullible fool" is insulting.  How you are unable to see that being insulting is not a legitimate reaction is the problem.

I personally have trouble believing in Bigfoot.  Why has no body ever been recovered, or even any part of a body, scat, or other direct physical evidence?  Still, believing in the creature's existence should not subject one to ridicule any more than believing in Jesus or Allah should subject anyone to ridicule.
Link Posted: 7/30/2019 5:17:43 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
No, it's the manner in which a person comes across.  Calling someone a "gullible fool" is insulting.  How you are unable to see that being insulting is not a legitimate reaction is the problem.

I personally have trouble believing in Bigfoot.  Why has no body ever been recovered, or even any part of a body, scat, or other direct physical evidence?  Still, believing in the creature's existence should not subject one to ridicule any more than believing in Jesus or Allah should subject anyone to ridicule.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

At this point you have to be a gullible fool to believe. Pointing that out doesn’t make anyone a troll.

Then move this to be a sub forum of religion and quit pretending it’s anything but faith and stories.

Again, you need to review this topic- you’ll understand my words if you do.
Link Posted: 7/30/2019 5:19:11 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Then move this to be a sub forum of religion and quit pretending it’s anything but faith and stories.

Again, you need to review this topic- you’ll understand my words if you do.
View Quote
No, you need to understand this is a new forum dedicated to intelligently discussing these subjects on their own and your attitude is very much not appreciated.  Please go back to GD.
Link Posted: 7/30/2019 6:03:23 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

Where can I set up camp?
Link Posted: 7/30/2019 6:23:08 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Where can I set up camp?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Where can I set up camp?
I got a spare sleeping bag.....
Link Posted: 7/30/2019 6:28:53 PM EDT
[#31]
A UFO forum on ARFCOM? Cool!
Link Posted: 7/30/2019 6:28:55 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote
That's a big negatory there creature of legendary in your mind.
Link Posted: 7/30/2019 6:49:48 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Ive neen told I'm outta this world bro....
Link Posted: 7/30/2019 7:28:53 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Link Posted: 7/30/2019 9:19:44 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote
You have got to be kidding. Is a skeptic all of a sudden a troll? I love the subject, I just happen to demand more evidence that most.

Is it a storytelling forum or is it for all interested parties? Good research involves presenting good evidence and having it questioned. I agree about toning back the insults, but what you are asking is an entirely different matter
Link Posted: 7/30/2019 9:22:13 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote
The only people that need to present evidence are those that make a fantastic claim.

Say you think you saw a bigfoot? UFO?ghost?  Fucking awesome. I love that shit I have even shared stories  of mine.

Tell me bigfoots mating, migration, and feeding habits as if they are fact? Yeah, you are going to expect people to want evidence of such claims. Those are the people that need to back it up with evidence. Not the skeptic.

You want a safe space, plain and simple. So mods. What is it? A place where we discuss both sides of the matter without insults or is it an insulated story telling forum free of science and logical thinking?
Link Posted: 7/30/2019 9:38:54 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

The only people that need to present evidence are those that make a fantastic claim.

Say you think you saw a bigfoot? UFO?ghost?  Fucking awesome. I love that shit I have even shared stories  of mine.

Tell me bigfoots mating, migration, and feeding habits as if they are fact? Yeah, you are going to expect people to want evidence of such claims. Those are the people that need to back it up with evidence. Not the skeptic.

You want a safe space, plain and simple. So mods. What is it? A place where we discuss both sides of the matter without insults or is it an insulated story telling forum free of science and logical thinking?
View Quote
I am all for venturing out of the safe space to gather evidence.  Are you?  Or do you mean let everyone else do the work and you will just pick it apart because you are a sceptic?
Link Posted: 7/30/2019 9:48:12 PM EDT
[#38]
edited nvm
Link Posted: 7/30/2019 9:48:59 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Congrats on getting the forum you wanted
View Quote
Thanks, today is Christmas.
Link Posted: 7/30/2019 9:49:34 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

I am all for venturing out of the safe space to gather evidence.  Are you?  Or do you mean let everyone else do the work and you will just pick it apart because you are a sceptic?
View Quote
Dude I fucking did the work. I can and will question all and any claims if they are being presented to me as if they are settled fact. I still love a godo story and encounter, it keeps me hoping its all real

Thanks for the backhand hostility though. I have always tried to be cool with you but I guess we have some animosity between us I was not aware of.
Link Posted: 7/30/2019 9:51:09 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Dude I fucking did the work. II can and ill question all and any claims if they are being presented to me as if they are settled fact.

Thanks for the hostility. I have never shown it to you.
View Quote
That is not meant to be a hostile statement.  You didn’t do the work, of that I am quite certain.
Link Posted: 7/30/2019 9:52:40 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

That is not meant to be a hostile statement.  You didn’t do the work, of that I am quite certain.
View Quote
Here you fucking go. Great
Link Posted: 7/30/2019 9:54:33 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Dude I fucking did the work. I can and will question all and any claims if they are being presented to me as if they are settled fact. I still love a godo story and encounter, it keeps me hoping its all real

Thanks for the backhand hostility though. I have always tried to be cool with you but I guess we have some animosity between us I was not aware of.
View Quote
WB there is no animosity between us.  I am referencing our last PM.
Link Posted: 7/30/2019 10:06:34 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Here you fucking go. Great
View Quote
Check your PM.
Link Posted: 7/31/2019 3:27:28 AM EDT
[#45]
This...

Quoted:

You have got to be kidding. Is a skeptic all of a sudden a troll? I love the subject, I just happen to demand more evidence that most.

Is it a storytelling forum or is it for all interested parties? Good research involves presenting good evidence and having it questioned. I agree about toning back the insults, but what you are asking is an entirely different matter
View Quote
And this...

Quoted:

View Quote
Couldn’t have said it better myself.

I’m glad we’ve got the forum. It’ll be awesome to hear people’s stories. I find the subject fascinating, and it wouldn’t hurt me one bit if it all turned out to be true. But there’s a difference between stories and tangible evidence.

Share an experience and summation that you have no idea what “it” was? Great! I’m happy to take folks at their word. Truly, as a skeptic, I have no issues with these examples.

On the other hand, trotting out detailed accounts of “their” physiology, psychology, societal habits, supernatural powers, etc. is what ignites the skeptic. Especially without some sort of tangible evidence. Such expert assertions raise the burden of proof and invite scrutiny. No matter the topic.

I’m all for being cordial. In fact I’m glad this exists outside  GD; as it has the potential to actually advance the conversation. But I do worry that anyone who poses questions, or presses the issues, will be labeled as a trolls, haters, whatever.

It should be a place free from ridicule and insults. But not a safe space that’s free from competing ideas.

Again, congrats on the forum!
Link Posted: 7/31/2019 8:00:17 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 7/31/2019 8:53:07 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Good morning fellow cryptid enthusiasts and others who might want to learn more or simple red some great stories and personal accounts.

Please keep comments civil.  If you are a skeptic, great. The world and this topic always needs a devils advocate.  That said, be respectful with comments.

If someone posts a skeptical remark, please be respectful of their point of view as well.  Keep this simple rules and this will be a fun place to hang out, swap stories, tell tales and enjoy.

FWIW, I have a personal experience with 2 dogmen while traveling in West Virginia that I will be posting soon.  It will also be featured on a YouTube cryptid show soon.  I will let you know when and post a link when it airs.

View Quote
You are a breath of fresh air, I look forward to your post.
Link Posted: 7/31/2019 9:02:04 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 7/31/2019 10:41:48 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

I am stoked about this forum.  It is considered a tech forum so tech forum decorum rules apply.  However due to the nature of the topics discussed, it has to be kept a bit looser.  I want people to have fun, share stories and experiences free from the ridicule of the general public.  Having been on the receiving end, I know firsthand how it feels to not be believed.

That said, lets here your experiences!
View Quote
I am in total agreement.

Looking forward to your encounter stories.
Link Posted: 7/31/2019 10:42:17 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Good morning fellow cryptid enthusiasts and others who might want to learn more or simple red some great stories and personal accounts.

Please keep comments civil.  If you are a skeptic, great. The world and this topic always needs a devils advocate.  That said, be respectful with comments.

If someone posts a skeptical remark, please be respectful of their point of view as well.  Keep this simple rules and this will be a fun place to hang out, swap stories, tell tales and enjoy.

FWIW, I have a personal experience with 2 dogmen while traveling in West Virginia that I will be posting soon.  It will also be featured on a YouTube cryptid show soon.  I will let you know when and post a link when it airs.

View Quote
Dude.
You gonna be on vic's show?...if so...plz tell us when.
And in WV last year something was stalking me and my brother up in the mon/cranberry wilderness area.

And you've seen the pictures i posted from where we used to hunt haven't you?
My game cam that was on that far swamp where the tree house style stand was on that border road .caught something .
If not ill repost them for ya.
@DV8
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top