Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/5/2013 11:49:05 PM EDT
[#1]
spot holder for when i get off work to take pic and post later - IN THIS SPOT DAMNIT!!!!

p.s. needed this thread, good job OP
Link Posted: 9/6/2013 4:32:34 AM EDT
[#2]
I am currently lusting for one of these.

Link Posted: 9/6/2013 4:34:49 AM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

just cant understand the money some people spend on watches guns, baseball cards, stamps, home theater equipment, fast cars, boats, hookers, blow...
View Quote
It's all in the game, yo.

Link Posted: 9/6/2013 5:39:34 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

just cant understand the money some people spend on watches...
View Quote

Just like I cant understand the money some people will spend on running lights...

a wristwatch is one of really only a handful of items that are left that require real craftsmanship and skill to produce.

The few others I can think of off the top of my head are certain types of custom firearms, Italian sportscars, Ultra high quality optics, and a few others.

Link Posted: 9/6/2013 5:39:52 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

View Quote

Just like I cant understand the money some people will spend on running lights...

a wristwatch is one of really only a handful of items that are left that require real craftsmanship and skill to produce.

The few others I can think of off the top of my head are certain types of custom firearms, Italian sportscars, Ultra high quality optics, and a few others.

Link Posted: 9/6/2013 6:09:20 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
What's that one on the left there?  Looks very similar to my Traser, but not quite.
I love these threads by the way.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

What's that one on the left there?  Looks very similar to my Traser, but not quite.
Marathon GSAR, his is a later model Automatic built for Canadian SAR, the same contract also  got picked up by NASA for a similar purpose.

The original model by Marathon is the TSAR which is slightly more robust as well as having a quart movement and is marked US Gov on the face and carries an NSN number.

It is currently one of only 3 watch models the the US military ACTUALLY issues currently for real, despite all the bullshit that is claimed by everyone everywhere.  The other two models are both Casio G-shocks, which is the current issue timepiece to all second phase BUD/s students which replaced the last of the .mil issue submariners more than 20 years or so ago now.  I own a couple of each of those as well, since they are truly great watches and cost what an entry level casio costs and they all will be able to run forever and a day guaranteed for all the haters in here already...
The TSAR/GSAR is currently issued to certain CSAR members from both the PJ's and USCG. The dials are all tritium filled, the bezel is single direction only, with a hacking swiss movement, and is rated to 100fsw. Its big, 44mm I believe.

Along with a huge ass bright orange (Nitrox) Nato style band, that is made to fit over my a drysuit,  Its is currently my go to backup timer that I use to  trust to keep my ass alive whenever Im underwater and need to fulfill my deco obligations...

despite the difference in price, it is generally considered the only other true dive watch that is set at the same level as the submariner.  

Link Posted: 9/6/2013 6:17:57 AM EDT
[#7]
Nice collection!  I love them, but have too many other things pulling for my cash right now (2 kids college education...).

Someone once told me that you could sell a Rolex and get a ticket home from anywhere in the world.  That kind of sunk in; I'll probably buy my son one when he graduates from college.
Link Posted: 9/6/2013 6:29:45 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/6/2013 6:37:13 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Marathon GSAR, his is a later model Automatic built for Canadian SAR, the same contract also  got picked up by NASA for a similar purpose.

The original model by Marathon is the TSAR which is slightly more robust as well as having a quart movement and is marked US Gov on the face and carries an NSN number.

It is currently one of only 3 watch models the the US military ACTUALLY issues currently for real, despite all the bullshit that is claimed by everyone everywhere.  The other two models are both Casio G-shocks, which is the current issue timepiece to all second phase BUD/s students which replaced the last of the .mil issue submariners more than 20 years or so ago now.  I own a couple of each of those as well, since they are truly great watches and cost what an entry level casio costs and they all will be able to run forever and a day guaranteed for all the haters in here already...

The TSAR/GSAR is currently issued to certain CSAR members from both the PJ's and USCG. The dials are all tritium filled, the bezel is single direction only, with a hacking swiss movement, and is rated to 100fsw. Its big, 44mm I believe.

Along with a huge ass bright orange (Nitrox) Nato style band, that is made to fit over my a drysuit,  Its is currently my go to backup timer that I use to  trust to keep my ass alive whenever Im underwater and need to fulfill my deco obligations...

despite the difference in price, it is generally considered the only other true dive watch that is set at the same level as the submariner.  

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'd be PISSED if I made it through BUD/s and all I got was a cheap G-Shock
Link Posted: 9/6/2013 6:57:16 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/6/2013 7:01:09 AM EDT
[#11]
Meh... if your life is set up to where the exact time is so important that you have to keep track of it on your wrist, you're doing it wrong.  

I have a kinda neat Traser somewhere that I got a really good deal on at SHOT one year... I'm not even sure where it is.  
Link Posted: 9/6/2013 7:14:35 AM EDT
[#12]

Not as nice as most on here though! Gorgeous watches!
Link Posted: 9/6/2013 7:18:28 AM EDT
[#13]
OP, what's that Omega on the far right, middle row?

Also, I want a LumTec something awful.
Link Posted: 9/6/2013 7:21:41 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 9/6/2013 7:26:50 AM EDT
[#15]

That reminds me... back when I was in the gun business I talked to several grip manufacturers about a joint project with a watchmaker.  I always thought there would be a high-end niche market for exotic material 1911/revolver grips with a nice watch built in.  Just be careful checking the time in public.  
Link Posted: 9/6/2013 7:33:21 AM EDT
[#16]
I'm wearing this one today:

Every man should own a nice suit and a nice watch.
Link Posted: 9/6/2013 7:35:59 AM EDT
[#17]

excellent choices!  i'm wearing my TSAR now and I plan on getting either a B16 or a J-SAR next birthday.
Link Posted: 9/6/2013 7:36:39 AM EDT
[#18]
I've got an Audemars Piguet Royal Oak in 18k gold. Need to get some pics of it.
Link Posted: 9/6/2013 7:37:03 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

OP, what's that Omega on the far right, middle row?

Also, I want a LumTec something awful.
View Quote
That is a 1975 Seamaster Mk IIIb.

Link Posted: 9/6/2013 7:37:09 AM EDT
[#20]
At one time, there was a thread in the site suggestions forum asking for a dedicated watch/timepiece forum.  Not sure if it is still there, it may need a bump.
Link Posted: 9/6/2013 8:05:25 AM EDT
[#21]
I owned a watch once.
Link Posted: 9/6/2013 8:08:45 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

I can.  But I don't see what's meager about this collection.  In comparison or not.
Link Posted: 9/6/2013 8:24:28 AM EDT
[#23]
I alternate between this....

and this....

Link Posted: 9/6/2013 8:46:31 AM EDT
[#24]
This is my daily watch.
Link Posted: 9/6/2013 9:00:04 AM EDT
[#25]

Nice collection OP!

Here's one..

Link Posted: 9/6/2013 9:07:04 AM EDT
[#26]
I would love to see a watch forum here...  I have been lusting after a Sinn U1 for a while now.

I picked up a Maratac large Pilot from a forum member a few months ago.  I put it on a leather Zulu Nato strap.

Link Posted: 9/6/2013 9:10:30 AM EDT
[#27]
A man needs one watch.  At most two (work and dress)

When the one watch stops working you have it repaired or buy another one.

I've never had a need for a watch to be as accurate as the most expensive claim to be, within a few minutes a year is fine.

Seiko is the most expensive watch I own and right now the battery is dead, I haven't used it for months because my phone has a clock that suffices just fine.

Link Posted: 9/6/2013 9:11:36 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I've never had a need for a watch to be as accurate as the most expensive claim to be, within a few minutes a year is fine.

Seiko is the most expensive watch I own and right now the battery is dead, I haven't used it for months because my phone has a clock that suffices just fine.

View Quote

That's nice dear...
Link Posted: 9/6/2013 9:18:24 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

I must have missed the thread about Seikos with dead batteries.
Link Posted: 9/6/2013 9:29:10 AM EDT
[#30]
Some ppl like watches, some like time pieces, some like neither.
Link Posted: 9/6/2013 9:54:14 AM EDT
[#31]
View Quote

You and I both! Boss told me that if the store does well it could be my annual bonus (We are a dealer)
Link Posted: 9/6/2013 1:30:24 PM EDT
[#32]

This one just showed up, and haven't had a chance to add it to the group German photo.

These are just my favorites in my collection.

Link Posted: 9/6/2013 6:07:13 PM EDT
[#33]
A couple of mine...

Link Posted: 9/6/2013 9:12:06 PM EDT
[#34]
This is my new everyday watch and I love it.

Link Posted: 9/6/2013 9:19:39 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
At one time, there was a thread in the site suggestions forum asking for a dedicated watch/timepiece forum.  Not sure if it is still there, it may need a bump.
View Quote

I could have sworn that there used to be a gadget and watch section in general.
Link Posted: 9/6/2013 9:28:32 PM EDT
[#36]

Nice! Wish I had the money to start a watch collection.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 4:29:14 AM EDT
[#37]
The UTS is heavy watch, and is high on the wrist. However it is comfortable. One of my favorite watches.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 4:47:23 AM EDT
[#38]

My only watch.  Bill Yao MMT Blackwater, First production run.

P7 was the threadkiller
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top