BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 2:55:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
It just irritates me to no end when people buy brand new cars, or a $500,000 house on a $50,000 salary and then can't pay for it.

You sound jealous.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 2:57:14 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It just irritates me to no end when people buy brand new cars, or a $500,000 house on a $50,000 salary and then can't pay for it.

Why? Personally, I think that I would have to try rather hard to care less...

Why? Well, as I alluded to in my last post, the debtor gets to slither away with no real reprecussions. People who pay their bills on time have to absorb the loss by paying increrased premiums. It's real simple, the irresponsible asshole goes away free and clear while the honest guy once again is left holding the shitty end of the stick. High risks should not be lent to.

Link Posted: 9/7/2010 3:00:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Debtors prison should not be brought back.  Why should the population as a whole need to support a person who has not paid what they said they would.  The person not paying the debt should simply become the property of the lender.

Don't like the risk of being a slave, don't take the loan.

See how simple this is.  
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 4:35:43 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Exactly what we need, more gov't involvement with business. more people in prison that we get to support with our taxes. Fuck it I am totally down with the gov't taking more tax money from me... Oh wait no I am not fine with that.

OP stupid idea. All this does is make us work to support the prisoners for their fuck ups.

Credit is a risk proposition. I feel more sorry for the folks who are getting hammered now that tried to live responsibly but are now so screwed up with job losses that it has wrecked them too.

Not everyone hit by this lack of crisis management is irresponsible.

They could be privately run and administrated by the lending companies.  Don't want to risk going to prison?  Don't get a loan with them.

FAIL

Stupidest thing I read today.

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top