Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 12:56:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Is watching a movie without downloading it still illegal?
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 12:58:40 PM EDT
[#2]
cool!
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 1:12:20 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Uh, ok, who the fuck surfs the net without a proxy??  

I'm probably fairly stoopid about all things computerized, but every proxy I ever tried slowed my surfing to a snail's pace (which, for those not familiar with animals, is pretty darn slow).
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 3:01:21 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Wouldnt that be intrapment if the whole purpose of the site was to lure people in to prosecute them?

Entrapment is far narrower than most realize.

The authorities (maening cops/feds--private parties CANNOT entrap, there is no such defense) have to get you to do something you weren't going to do EXCEPT FOR (but/for) the cops convincing you to do it.

If they stand in a hooker area dressed like skanks and wait for you to pull up and ask for pie, that IS NOT entrapment.

If they send some smokin babe into a bar to grope guys and agressively try to close a sex for money deal, that might be entrapment.  

My buddy used to use hookers and he was never busted once.
His trick (i didn't think he was that bright) was to ask the hooker to grab his package before any conversation about money took place.
Seems female cops either won't or not allowed to touch your johnson.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 3:29:04 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Is watching a movie without downloading it still illegal?

If you watch the movie, by definition you have downloaded it.

I wouldn't sweat it though. Unless you are logged as distributing this movie I find it hard to believe that a jury could find you guilty of anything. Your defense would be, "I just clicked a link on a webpage. I had no idea what would happen." Much different than what the MPAA has succeeded in extorting people for--I mean protecting their intellectual property with--when people used the Napster client to get a copy of an MP3 file.

IANAL GODDAMMIT
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 11:56:35 AM EDT
[#6]
still no official verdict?
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top