Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 8
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 2:34:57 PM EDT
[#1]
So cyclists in the UK are douche bags too.
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 2:34:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I don't see obvious bike lanes.  Towards the beginning the other side of the road had cars driving over a bike symbol.
View Quote

There doesn't need to be a bike lane, bicycles are treated the same as any other type of vehicle. The concept of bike lanes is just to keep drivers off the side of the road.
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 2:35:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Video title is misleading...

Should read: Aggressive Cyclist get his ass handed to him by Driver/Passenger in Farringdon

ETA: I'd have stomped his spokes too. No sense in letting him catch up to you again. Make him carry that bicycle home.
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 2:35:41 PM EDT
[#4]
What model Audi was that?

Do want.

Link Posted: 1/27/2014 2:36:18 PM EDT
[#5]
that was awesome! haha.  

I got trapped behind a cyclist on a narrow one lane road for 15 minutes one day.  I literally was considering hitting him when the road finally opened up and he moved over.
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 2:36:21 PM EDT
[#6]
I see the cyclist as the aggressor & deserved what he got.
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 2:37:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I think most cyclists are self-righteous pricks, but where exactly are they supposed to ride?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Get ur fucking pedal bikes the fuck off the road.

I think most cyclists are self-righteous pricks, but where exactly are they supposed to ride?

A fair question.  On roads with very light motorized vehicle traffic it isn't so much of an issue, but on roads with heavy motorized vehicle traffic the bikes often become a problem.
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 2:37:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
It looked to me like Mr. Audi was pulling up to go around the cyclists instead of coasting behind them. Not sure of the laws wherever that was filmed, but he didn't seem to do anything particularly dickish. Can anybody with more insight explain why the punching bag got so agitated?
View Quote

Cars, trucks, vans, motorcycles, etc., are supposed to stop at the first line. The second line in the box is for cyclists. Dude in the Audi got pissed because he felt he was being blocked, and moved around him to the second line, guy on the bike couldn't let it go and decided to start yelling at the guy in the car.

The driver was breaking traffic law.
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 2:38:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Im confused...the cyclists were staying in their designated lanes, and following the traffic laws.  I have seen some cyclist douches, but I can't find out what they were doing in the wrong?  Or is it just the standard GD response of "they're cyclists, so they deserve guilt by association and whatever bad could possible happen to them makes me feel better about myself."
View Quote

Cyclist didn't do anything wrong other then he got all butt hurt and decided to lock horns with an asshole then led with mouth instead of his fists.
You never know, guy in Audi may have just been served divorce papers and the cyclist was now the focus of his rage.
Some life lessons are more painful then others.
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 2:39:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Have you ever seen something that made you feel, just for a moment, that all was right in the world?

I have.
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 2:39:33 PM EDT
[#11]
Looked like the dumbshit on the bike went looking for trouble and found more than he could handle.
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 2:39:41 PM EDT
[#12]
That has to be one of the most fucked up traffic pattern designs and set of rules I've ever seen.
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 2:40:17 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I see the cyclist as the aggressor & deserved what he got.
View Quote

I agree that he escalated the situation. This is like when you pull up to a stop sign and someone else does just seconds after you do, but they roll through it.

That driver was wrong, but is it really worth it to you to chase after them, honking your horn and screaming out the window? Just because someone else was WRONG, does not mean that you are free to yell, scream, pound or generally be a twit.
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 2:40:24 PM EDT
[#14]
Passengers drive the cars in furren, weird accent countries?
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 2:41:19 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
That has to be one of the most fucked up traffic pattern designs and set of rules I've ever seen.
View Quote

Yeah.  Anything that deliberately lines up bikes directly in front of motorized vehicles in traffic is a bad idea in my opinion.
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 2:41:33 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
that was awesome! haha.  

I got trapped behind a cyclist on a narrow one lane road for 15 minutes one day.  I literally was considering hitting him when the road finally opened up and he moved over.
View Quote

A solid horn for a couple minutes right behind them encourages courtesy.
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 2:42:46 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Bike rider went around the car and blocked him. Driver went around him and biker got pissed off and decided to shoot his mouth off. Hilarity ensued and biker was smacked down.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Self righteous prick

Which one?

I'm not understanding the conflict.

Bike rider went around the car and blocked him. Driver went around him and biker got pissed off and decided to shoot his mouth off. Hilarity ensued and biker was smacked down.

The Audi was already blocked from entering the box by traffic laws.  The driver then broke the law by pulling into the box.

I dislike most bicyclists because they seem to have a casual disregard for traffic laws.  But in this instance the driver of the Audi chose to violate the law not out of casual disregard, but pique that someone was in front of him.  

It's like crossing over the line at a crosswalk: it's one thing to do it because you aren't paying attention; it's an entirely different matter to stop behind the line, see someone walking across with headphones on, and THEN pull forward and block the walkway because those people with their damned iPods never watch where they are walking.
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 2:43:10 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
And what did we learn from this kiddies?
View Quote

1. Being a cyclist with good cardio does not make you a tough guy.
2. Running away like a pussy hipster after being punched proves point #1.

Do I get an A, teacher?
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 2:43:51 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

View Quote
They copied it and put them in Seattle.

It's the dumbest thing on the planted.  The militant bicyclists got all pissy that they were getting hurt and ran over in a town full of hills and sharp corners (as they play the "I'm a car, but not when I'm a pedestrian" game).

So for millions of tax payer dollars, they put in "Bike boxes" so that the cars can see the cyclists at stop lights.  They can see them well, because they allow the slower mode of transportation to sit at the light in front of the faster.  In a town full of shitty traffic.

PROGRESS!!!

Link Posted: 1/27/2014 2:44:10 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Cars, trucks, vans, motorcycles, etc., are supposed to stop at the first line. The second line in the box is for cyclists. Dude in the Audi got pissed because he felt he was being blocked, and moved around him to the second line, guy on the bike couldn't let it go and decided to start yelling at the guy in the car.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

It looked to me like Mr. Audi was pulling up to go around the cyclists instead of coasting behind them. Not sure of the laws wherever that was filmed, but he didn't seem to do anything particularly dickish. Can anybody with more insight explain why the punching bag got so agitated?

So he committed a (presumably) minor traffic violation and the fella on the bike just didn't want to let it go? I'm not trying to be a dick, just curious. That's what it looked like to me.

Link Posted: 1/27/2014 2:44:21 PM EDT
[#21]
I was really hoping for a much better beat down. It's funny that you don't really see too much yelling at people in cars here, or many physical altercations from road incidents. People are soooo much more polite when everyones grandma has a piece in the console, one in the purse and another in a holster in the door pocket.
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 2:44:53 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Do want.

View Quote

Audi A6 Premium Package

One Just like The Video, only $70k!
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 2:45:08 PM EDT
[#23]
By the looks of that place it's a damn wonder most cyclists are ground to teeth, hair, and eyeballs with spokes sticking out. Audi guy did what 99% of US male drivers would like to do with a cyclist.
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 2:45:21 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
All cyclists should be beat with a bat.  Never seen a more consistent group of pricks.
View Quote

quiet down chubs
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 2:46:10 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
that was awesome! haha.  

You don't know rage until you get behind a bunch of cyclists either going up or down the mountains around Jackson, WY.  There are several pullouts that they REFUSE to use.  Several miles at 8% grades is torture.
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 2:47:14 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
You don't know rage until you get behind a bunch of cyclists either going up or down the mountains around Jackson, WY.  There are several pullouts that they REFUSE to use.  Several miles at 8% grades is torture.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

that was awesome! haha.  

Or any mountain pass in CO for that matter. Or mountain road in general.

Link Posted: 1/27/2014 2:47:20 PM EDT
[#27]
I'd probably get an ulcer after a week of dealing with that kind of traffic.
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 2:47:28 PM EDT
[#28]

Don't start shit, and there will be no shit?
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 2:47:53 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

quite down chubs
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
All cyclists should be beat with a bat.  Never seen a more consistent group of pricks.

quite down chubs

Apparently they can't spell either...
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 2:48:48 PM EDT
[#30]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Do want.

Audi A6 Premium Package

One Just like The Video, only $70k!

Link Posted: 1/27/2014 2:49:09 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

quite down chubs

Hence the reason I went back to change it.

What else can they no do? I would love to see someone talk shit to someone on a bike of decent size.
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 2:49:51 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
that was awesome! haha.  

I was behind a bunch of them on a country road near my house.  Common occurrence, no problem - they were using the road, there was no shoulder, I gave them plenty of room.

Come to stop sign, we all turn left onto a wide road, plenty of shoulder - and the bicyclists stayed right in the middle.

So I passed them when it was clear, gently getting past them and leaving plenty of room when I pulled back in.

And then floored it, whereupon my broken turbocharger in my diesel Jeep belched out a cloud of black smoke that was genuinely opaque and truly noxious.
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 2:49:57 PM EDT
[#33]
That is the toughest ballsiest cyclist I have ever seen!
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 2:50:11 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Yeah.  Anything that deliberately lines up bikes directly in front of motorized vehicles in traffic is a bad idea in my opinion.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Most car to bike accidents happen when one is turning and the other is going straight. This takes them out of the vehicle blind spot at red lights and positions them where they can be seen.

Link Posted: 1/27/2014 2:50:16 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
quiet down chubs
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

quiet down chubs
Thank you for agreeing with him.

Link Posted: 1/27/2014 2:50:25 PM EDT
[#36]

View All Quotes

That looks motherfucking luxurious.

Link Posted: 1/27/2014 2:50:41 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

quiet down chubs

What.
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 2:50:47 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
that was awesome! haha.  

Here they are often a problem on the Alpine Loop up American Fork Canyon.  The mountain road is barely wide enough for car traffic, and there is a risk around every turn of a cyclist causing a wreck.  I admire and appreciate their desire to bike it, but the roads aren't designed to accommodate both bikes and cars.
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 2:51:09 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

So he committed a (presumably) minor traffic violation and the fella on the bike just didn't want to let it go? I'm not trying to be a dick, just curious. That's what it looked like to me.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Exactly. Incredibly minor traffic offense, just a ticket with a fine.
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 2:52:29 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Most car to bike accidents happen when one is turning and the other is going straight. This takes them out of the vehicle blind spot at red lights and positions them where they can be seen.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

But it creates a new problem by putting slower and more fragile bikes directly in the path of quicker motorized vehicles.
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 2:52:48 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

quite down chubs
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

quite down chubs

Quite down chubs, what?

Link Posted: 1/27/2014 2:53:11 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
Quite down chubs, what?

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

quite down chubs

Quite down chubs, what?

Quite, quite.

Link Posted: 1/27/2014 2:54:30 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

What else can they no do? I would love to see someone talk shit to someone on a bike of decent size.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

quite down chubs

Link Posted: 1/27/2014 2:55:19 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

It's quite the step up from my Accord.  I'd feel like a king in that thing, and would probably be punching randoms in the face for fun, too.

Link Posted: 1/27/2014 2:56:17 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

What.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

quiet down chubs

What.

You should cut your losses in this thread and go for a ride.
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 2:56:44 PM EDT
[#46]
hes not a cyclist, hes a commuter. notice the fancy buffed out shiny shoes. if he was, he would have left a nice imprint on that dudes door with his cleats. happens all the time with dick drivers
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 2:57:41 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I was behind a bunch of them on a country road near my house.  Common occurrence, no problem - they were using the road, there was no shoulder, I gave them plenty of room.

Come to stop sign, we all turn left onto a wide road, plenty of shoulder - and the bicyclists stayed right in the middle.

So I passed them when it was clear, gently getting past them and leaving plenty of room when I pulled back in.

And then floored it, whereupon my broken turbocharger in my diesel Jeep belched out a cloud of black smoke that was genuinely opaque and truly noxious.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/27/2014 2:58:04 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
One day that driver will find out that hard way that not all cyclists are granola eating pussies...
View Quote

And the bicyclist will find out the hard way about the "Tonnage Rule".
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 2:58:56 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

I would love to see someone talk shit to someone on a bike of decent size.

View Quote
So, someone not you?

Also, what's size have to do with anything?  That's a pretty amateur assessment of skill and agression.

Link Posted: 1/27/2014 2:59:33 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
One day that driver will find out that hard way that not all cyclists are granola eating pussies...
View Quote

Some day self righteous bicycle idiots will learn the various laws of Newtonian physics and not fuck around with potential nutjobs in a 4k pound kenetic energy weapon.

How the fuck bicycle douche nozzles manage to forget the world around them is beyond me.   Guess they havent been hit by enough cars.

I got hit by 2, as well as a golf cart, growing up as a kid.

Iearned to get out of the way.  Never know you you will run into out there.  Road rage incident in car versus bike...   go ahead spark that match.
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top