Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 8:35:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Shall not be infringed, bro.
View Quote
Me?  I'm fucking happy that felons have a much harder time getting them.  I live in a hell-hole, and it's not like the people who committed felonies around here got any smarter or mentally stable.

I know there are some respected white guys in the gun world who some (friends of theirs) the gun community wants to see able to own firearms again, but you know what?  I got this far without committing a felony... as have just about everyone I've ever known (save for customers and some co-workers at lower-level jobs).
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 8:36:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Violent offender do not need to get 2nd Amendment rights back, they have already shown once that they can not be trusted with a firearm. So if you don't want to lose your rights don't do the crime, it is just that darn simple.

It looks like that PD or Sheriffs office will not need to spend any tax dollars on ammo, or maybe practice more to get better at shooting straighter.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 8:39:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Violent offender do not need to get 2nd Amendment rights back, they have already shown once hat they can not be trusted with a firearm. So if you don't want to lose your rights don't do the crime, it is just that darn simple.

It looks like that PD or Sheriffs office will not need to spend any tax dollars on ammo, or maybe practice more to get better at shooting straighter.
View Quote
And yet federal law prohibiting him from having guns and WA's UBC law did fuck all to stop him from getting them. If you're out, you get guns. Don't want felons to have guns, keep them locked up.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 8:41:46 PM EDT
[#4]
I am more interested in how/why a guy that shot at police is out of jail after less than 4 years.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 8:42:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

And yet federal law prohibiting him from having guns and WA's UBC law did fuck all to stop him from getting them. If you're out, you get guns. Don't want felons to have guns, keep them locked up.
View Quote
FWIW, he purchased the guns before he was a felon.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 8:44:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Dang he had some decent shit
View Quote
Yup.  I would love to de-ban that AK.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 8:45:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

When they've been convicted of firing a gun at police, no.
No, they should not have guns in that case.

Guess that's hard to understand for some.  
View Quote
If this guy is so dangerous, why isn't he still in jail? Whose bright idea was it to let someone like this out to live among us?
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 9:05:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote
If there is a real danger that they are going to do it again, then they shouldn't be released.   If society has deemed them safe enough to live outside of the prison walls with the rest of us, then they should be entitled to the same basic human rights as the rest of us.

Link Posted: 4/20/2017 9:18:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Good.  Fuck the guy who tried to murder a cop and got a slap on the wrist.  I hope he does 20 years.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 9:37:15 PM EDT
[#10]
on a weird tangent from that website, Petco sells infected rats, they tell you they're quite possibly infected, there is jack shit they can do about it, and if your 10 YO dies, juries say tough shit
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 9:42:09 PM EDT
[#11]
Living in Eastern Washington requires owning 30k rounds and 30 guns

Looks like he had good taste.  . . . I'm going with bad arrest
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 9:44:51 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Once a sentence is served, all rights need to be restored
View Quote
Yep.  If a man is safe enough to release, he should be safe enough to have his rights restored.

Threads like this are always enlightening. 
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 10:14:47 PM EDT
[#13]
Odd all the people arguing against the 2nd Amendment in this gun forum.  Did this thread just out a bunch of DU trolls and BATFE agents?
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 10:22:14 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Odd all the people arguing against the 2nd Amendment in this gun forum.  Did this thread just out a bunch of DU trolls and BATFE agents?
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 3:20:27 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote
No, we're just not retarded.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 4:25:02 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote
Only part of the "sentence" is temporary incarceration........the other part of the "sentence" is lifelong loss of certain rights......
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 4:36:07 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote
What does the target being police have to do with it? Are police lives more important than everyone else?

If they are a menace, they should stayin jail or be executed. If you have paid your debt to society, you should be able to defend your family just like everyone else.

Link Posted: 4/21/2017 4:37:15 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I tend to agree with this. I have a cousin who is a convicted felon. He embesseled money from the bank he worked at. He's never done anything violent but because of this he can't own a firearm.

I had a great collection that he had to sell off during his trial. I got some sweet deals but I still don't think its right. He's welcome to use them anytime he pleases.
View Quote
 good job admitting that on an open forum. I'm 85% certain that's a crime for him to touch them. 
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 4:47:56 AM EDT
[#19]
Complete restoration of rights should be dependent on the crime a felon served for.

This guy fired a gun at police. That to me is a no-go on gun ownership.

If you get convicted of selling drugs, pimping, embezzlement, or something like that..big deal. Let em buy guns once their parole is up
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 5:03:40 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote
Agreed.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 5:04:01 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote
Guess it's fucking harder for some to understand that he's more dangerous to cops with a truck than he is a gun.

If he's such a danger to police, why is he out of prison? We send these people to prison because they are too dangerous to walk freely in society. When they are no longer believed to be dangerous, restore all rights and release them. Why are guns singled out? He can't stab a cop, beat a cop to death, burn cops with gas and a light, run them down with a truck, and so on?
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 5:06:14 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
So that's a Bill of Rights problem and not a Justice System problem?

Seems like many here who are willing to sacrifice basic liberties to provide cover for an inept and inefficient justice system. That's fucked up.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Key word being "should."

Short of a life without parole sentence, point me to one place in the U.S. where that is actually the rule rather than the exception.
So that's a Bill of Rights problem and not a Justice System problem?

Seems like many here who are willing to sacrifice basic liberties to provide cover for an inept and inefficient justice system. That's fucked up.
Hear, hear. And why are white collar felons not allowed guns too?
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 5:07:06 AM EDT
[#23]
Shot at a cop in 2013... But he's been out long enough to amass the collection by 2017? Do they get citations for shooting at cops in NV?
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 5:32:48 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Guess it's fucking harder for some to understand that he's more dangerous to cops with a truck than he is a gun.

If he's such a danger to police, why is he out of prison? We send these people to prison because they are too dangerous to walk freely in society. When they are no longer believed to be dangerous, restore all rights and release them. Why are guns singled out? He can't stab a cop, beat a cop to death, burn cops with gas and a light, run them down with a truck, and so on?
View Quote
So, can I put you and the rest of the "Safe enough to be Out, Safe enough to Own Guns" Crowd down for higher taxes and a Prison in your backyard?

Because your gonna need a ton of COs and new Prisons to keep everyone who needs to be in Prison in it.

ETA:

Ideally for Attempted Murder you'd face the same sentence as a completed Murder... I mean you shouldn't be let off lightly because you suck at killing (or robbing or raping).
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 5:36:02 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote
If they have done a crime that there is no rehabilitation from, never let them out of prison.

If it is safe enough to let them out of prison, then restore all of their rights. Period.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 9:54:27 AM EDT
[#26]
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top