User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 10:01:03 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It would fail in a day.  Policing is regional.  It's cultural.
View Quote

It's not about policing-it's about control

This is what the STATE does.
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 10:29:30 AM EDT
[#2]
IMHO - This has been the plan for sometime. I think alot of what we're seeing, riots and charges of racisim, are part of the narrative to get the ball rolling.

Yeah I know, loosen the tinfoil and all but it seems that there is a campaign to discredit and build mistrust towards local and state law enforcement to replace them with something else...

I hope I'm wrong but our government is getting out of control...
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 10:31:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I don't think it is logistically possible.

How many local law enforcement officers are there in this country? Millions?

That would more than double the amount of federal employees.

Don't get me wrong, the government would love to increase its size but it is just not possible.

We might see them try to install a federal official at every station to oversee operations. (like a commissar)
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Does anyone actually think there will be a federalized force?

Don't get me wrong, the government would love to increase its size but it is just not possible.

We might see them try to install a federal official at every station to oversee operations. (like a commissar)

More jobs! I could see the federal government using that to their advantage. Imagine all of the new bureaucrats and employees that could be hired.
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 10:34:46 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
IMHO - This has been the plan for sometime. I think alot of what we're seeing, riots and charges of racisim, are part of the narrative to get the ball rolling.

Yeah I know, loosen the tinfoil and all but it seems that there is a campaign to discredit and build mistrust towards local and state law enforcement to replace them with something else...

View Quote

Interesting. Notice how the narrative has changed in the media to almost constant focus on "police abuse of blacks" and conveniently the idea is being strongly pushed for federalization of police forces

Wouldn't be surprised. Obama would probably love to have his national police force before he leaves office
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 10:47:53 AM EDT
[#5]
National Guard is Federalized all the time.... explain to me why Federaling LE is wrong?

The only way I can see the Feds taking over American LE is to have all the thousands of different agencies and officers Dual Sworn to the Fed and whatever else they're sworn too. Also good luck with all the different standards in training and requirements. Hell, age alone will be interesting. Don't forget pay, benefits, and retirements.
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 10:50:34 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
National Guard is Federalized all the time.... explain to me why Federaling LE is wrong?

View Quote

Go through airport security a few times and see if you still need further explanation.  
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 10:53:27 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Does anyone actually think there will be a federalized force?

There is less than a million cops nationwide. That is counting every Po'Dunk Reserve Deputy Sheriff to the Attorney General of the United States. It is around 800,000 total in the country.

Link Posted: 5/4/2015 10:54:59 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

NGs are used when a state's governor decides to call them up. You don't see a bit of a states' rights issue with federalizing local police?  Or the feds using it to backdoor their way into calling shots when it comes to inividual states' affairs?
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 11:09:43 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
NGs are used when a state's governor decides to call them up. You don't see a bit of a states' rights issue with federalizing local police?  Or the feds using it to backdoor their way into calling shots when it comes to inividual states' affairs?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

And when the State calls them up, the Feds counters those orders by Federalizing them.

I'm not in favor of it and I know that the actual chance of it happening is slim to none.

TSA wasn't a take over of LE. It was a Federal standardization of security checkpoints at airports. Before which, there was no standard and it was ad hoc between the airliners. It was a bunch of private contract companies before TSA.

For the Feds to take over LE in the country you have all these different issues.

1. Pay and Benefits

2. Medical and Age requirements

3. Standards of Training

4. Equipment and Uniforms

The big one is pay, benefits, requirements, and training. Good luck consolidating all that. You have agencies that pay shit to agencies that pay way more than whay the Feds can. Along with different requirements. A cop in FL is different than a cop in CA. Hell, some States have different standards between their cops. Once again.... it isn't going to happen.

Link Posted: 5/4/2015 11:24:56 AM EDT
[#10]
Did anyone read the article?

It was firmly against the idea, and was mainly a callout of Fed malfeasance and Sharpton's corruption.

RIFF, I guess.

Link Posted: 5/4/2015 12:02:32 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Did anyone read the article?

It was firmly against the idea, and was mainly a callout of Fed malfeasance and Sharpton's corruption.

RIFF, I guess.

View Quote

Don't think anyone is disagreeing with the conclusion reached by the writer but continuing the discussion on  the idea of fedealizing the police force...  
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 12:37:05 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

The only way I can see the Feds taking over American LE is to have all the thousands of different agencies and officers Dual Sworn to the Fed and whatever else they're sworn too. Also good luck with all the different standards in training and requirements. Hell, age alone will be interesting. Don't forget pay, benefits, and retirements.
View Quote

National Guard is temporarily federalized and generally only when being deployed overseas.

Federalizing LE will result in grossly inefficient and corrupt bureaucratic control leading to a vast increase in crime that costs 10x what law enforcement costs now.
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 1:01:18 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

This has been the progressive left's wet dream for decades.  When I was a kid, dad had the support local police bumper sticker on the family truckster
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 9:41:55 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
And when the State calls them up, the Feds counters those orders by Federalizing them.    

I'm not in favor of it and I know that the actual chance of it happening is slim to none.

TSA wasn't a take over of LE. It was a Federal standardization of security checkpoints at airports. Before which, there was no standard and it was ad hoc between the airliners. It was a bunch of private contract companies before TSA.

For the Feds to take over LE in the country you have all these different issues.

1. Pay and Benefits
3. Standards of Training

The big one is pay, benefits, requirements, and training. Good luck consolidating all that. You have agencies that pay shit to agencies that pay way more than whay the Feds can. Along with different requirements. A cop in FL is different than a cop in CA. Hell, some States have different standards between their cops. Once again.... it isn't going to happen.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

1. Pay and Benefits
3. Standards of Training

Unsubsidized mandates.

Just like the control of the airwaves is regulated by FCC. I could see a similar model happening where "licensing" requires adherence to a multitude of standards. If that cost is prohibitive, so be it.

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top