Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 8/23/2015 11:31:30 AM EDT
[#1]
I picked up one early in the week, then whined until the wife told me to go for it.   Friday at noon at a local Walmart - in line. Guy in front of me asked if they had any AR's in stock. Clerk said yes - guy said I"ll take them all. He wasn't even interested in the brand. He ended up with two colts, two windhams and a bushy.
Link Posted: 8/23/2015 11:31:45 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Can you still buy it? Wait on NICS to come back online later
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Looks like the only reason they are still there is the walmarts NICS system is down and they can't do checks.
And no lay a way on clearance items

Nope, asked that as well
Link Posted: 8/23/2015 11:31:54 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Looks like the only reason they are still there is the walmarts NICS system is down and they can't do checks.
View Quote

It worked at 8:30 this morning

That was eastern time
Link Posted: 8/23/2015 11:32:16 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I would honestly FO on all of them at that price. Depending on what the future may hold, theyll only go up in value.
View Quote

Or get you on the registration/confiscation list.
Link Posted: 8/23/2015 11:33:05 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Which of those three is the best deal

Bushy
Windham
Sig

Well?
View Quote

Dunno but I would buy 1 of each and probably a couple of the Windhams.  Hard not to make money at that price point.  Its killing me that I can't find any WM's near me that have these...  
Link Posted: 8/23/2015 11:34:13 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Nope, asked that as well
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nope, asked that as well

It is weird - the Walmart closest to me does NICS on everyone (even CCW holders); the one nine miles away doesn't.
Link Posted: 8/23/2015 11:35:06 AM EDT
[#7]
I have checked all of my Wal-Mart's and I am shit out of luck. These threads are threatening to pass me off.
Link Posted: 8/23/2015 11:56:12 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

yea this too
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Something gives me a bad feeling Walmart is getting out of the gun business...

yea this too

They aren't getting out of the gun business. Is every gun on clearance? Sheesh.

You will still be able to order ARs.
Link Posted: 8/23/2015 12:02:55 PM EDT
[#9]
I wish I could find these deals around here
Link Posted: 8/23/2015 12:21:12 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
"CLEARANCE -- liquidation"?  Older models or eliminating ARs to make room for unicorns and rainbows?
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/23/2015 12:29:47 PM EDT
[#11]
My buddy just bought a Remington 870 tactical this morning for $200, it was marked $357, not a bad deal
Link Posted: 8/23/2015 12:32:06 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
These threads make me want to drive around checking the closest Wal Marts.
View Quote

This
Link Posted: 8/23/2015 12:33:32 PM EDT
[#13]
Buy that windham, and I'll give you $400 for it.
Link Posted: 8/23/2015 12:35:16 PM EDT
[#14]
Checked 3 stores today. Just empty slots. Did find Federal 55g .223 for 35.00 per 100 though.
Link Posted: 8/23/2015 12:38:08 PM EDT
[#15]
I find it especially weird because people were STILL buying $900+ Colts in my area. They'd often sell out a few days after being put on the racks.
Link Posted: 8/23/2015 12:54:41 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 8/23/2015 12:56:55 PM EDT
[#17]
My Wally world sucks
Link Posted: 8/23/2015 12:59:24 PM EDT
[#18]
local walmart out of ARs said they are going to just be selling plinking and hunting rifles going forward. They havent seen a colt in over 6 months
Link Posted: 8/23/2015 1:27:27 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Mine have never had ARs and nothing they do have is being liquidated.  They have a stainless steel 10/22 takedown that is like $330.00.  Unless, when they scan them, the prices are different, no liquidation in my area, SW Virginia.
View Quote

Where the heck are you in sw va? I grew up in bristol and the bristol va walmart at exit 7 off 81 has had AR's many many times.

Also, not sure why you can't layaway it cause the gun counter guy at mine said several people layaway'd several of the 150$ x300u's.
Link Posted: 8/23/2015 1:31:26 PM EDT
[#20]
Phoenix is sold out within 100 mile radius
Link Posted: 8/23/2015 1:33:44 PM EDT
[#21]
The clearance prices vary wildly. My closest WM had one Colt and one SIG for $699 each. Another poster here picked up two Magpul Colts for $500 each. And then theres the OP's pic. No rhyme or reason to the prices or the stock- and its not like you'll get accurate information if you call around.
Link Posted: 8/23/2015 1:38:52 PM EDT
[#22]
Everything is cleared out around here. Freshly stocked with fudd guns.
Link Posted: 8/23/2015 1:39:45 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I have checked all of my Wal-Mart's and I am shit out of luck. These threads are threatening to pass me off.
View Quote

This
Link Posted: 8/23/2015 1:39:54 PM EDT
[#24]
Not finding any deals around here. Probably because this town is a rust belt shithole infested with gangbangers.
Link Posted: 8/23/2015 2:12:17 PM EDT
[#26]

Ya, lucky bastard...I went out last night and all the black guns were gone.  They did fill the cases back up with regular rifles and shotguns....cases were full.  Ammo was almost full again on the shelf again, besides .22....its the only thing missing.  BUT, I did get 3 50rd boxes the other day...after like 5 years...couldn't believe it when I saw it on the shelf.
Link Posted: 8/23/2015 2:13:27 PM EDT
[#27]
I hate these threads, but I keep clicking on them.
Link Posted: 8/23/2015 2:14:06 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Ya, lucky bastard...I went out last night and all the black guns were gone.  They did fill the cases back up with regular rifles and shotguns....cases were full.  Ammo was almost full again on the shelf again, besides .22....its the only thing missing.  BUT, I did get 3 50rd boxes the other day...after like 5 years...couldn't believe it when I saw it on the shelf.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Mine was filling up the gun area with hunting stuff.  Full of ammo as well, even 22LR, CCI Standard Velocity.
Link Posted: 8/23/2015 2:16:30 PM EDT
[#29]
How can you check stock online?
Link Posted: 8/23/2015 2:22:54 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Phoenix is sold out within 100 mile radius
View Quote

So is Tucson, well now that I got the last 10/22 from the local one to me for 135 after tax.....
Link Posted: 8/23/2015 2:23:51 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
How can you check stock online?
View Quote

You can't. I tried. You end up having to drive from WM to WM.
Link Posted: 8/23/2015 2:31:38 PM EDT
[#32]
Looks like my local stores are marking down the 420 cans on 855 as well. Last week they were $189 and now they are $164
Link Posted: 8/23/2015 2:42:24 PM EDT
[#33]
At the local walmart that has two of those Marlin 60's. Waiting to find out the price since they don't scan.
Link Posted: 8/23/2015 3:14:35 PM EDT
[#34]
Went to the local WM, the whole sporting goods section is gone. Huge blank area. All the guns/ammo were in a small area and all sold out.

Link Posted: 8/23/2015 3:20:36 PM EDT
[#35]
There are 11 Wal-Mart's in my area.

5 of them do not sell guns. But thats OK, as they still had the scopes, rings, Ammo on sale.

The remaining 6 were a crap shoot. However, Thursday was a pretty good day.

They are getting out of the "Tactical" lines of all their firearms.
Link Posted: 8/23/2015 3:20:51 PM EDT
[#36]
My WM has replaced all the ARs with fudd guns, they did have a lot of ammo.
Link Posted: 8/23/2015 3:45:49 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Loganville ga Walmart has been picked clean
View Quote

Same here and the racks that had ARs are full of fudds.

Are they dropping the sales of ARs completely?
Link Posted: 8/23/2015 4:05:49 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was told by the guy at the sporting goods section that they are getting out of the "tactical" rifle business.
Link Posted: 8/23/2015 4:09:02 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

I was told by the guy at the sporting goods section that they are getting out of the "tactical" rifle business.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not completely true. You will still be able to order one though WM, but they will no longer be stocking them in stores. Same for tactical style shotguns.
Link Posted: 8/23/2015 4:19:36 PM EDT
[#40]
Our WM is sold out of ARs. Counter guy said they just weren't making money on them anymore. Market being flooded with cheap ARs. They do have a lot of .223 and 5.56 ammo though.
Link Posted: 8/23/2015 4:20:16 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Our WM is sold out of ARs. Counter guy said they just weren't making money on them anymore. Market being flooded with cheap ARs. They do have a lot of .223 and 5.56 ammo though.
View Quote

Yep, mine started stocking fudd guns for hunting season.
Link Posted: 8/23/2015 4:44:30 PM EDT
[#42]
Went by my Walmart again.  No ARs and no more home defense models of the shotguns.  All the AR stocks/rails had been clearance and were mostly gone.  Also the 870 collapsing stock they had was clearanced out also.   They even clearanced out the surefire flashlights.  Seems like they don't want to cary anything remotely "tactical" now.
Link Posted: 8/23/2015 6:43:15 PM EDT
[#43]
I've hit 5 walmarts in my area this afternoon.  I'm currently stuck in one of them while Noah's storm is raging outside...its been at least 45 mins stuck in here and it's like being in purgatory.

So far, no ARs.  No anything interesting actually.   I think north Florida is too full of neck beards and renecks that I'm too late haha.  Going to try and check two more, but even with all of these places selling guns, no ARs on the racks.  Hell, not even one of those DPMS .308s

Edit:  make that 6 walmarts I've been to now.  Still nothing
Link Posted: 8/23/2015 8:53:35 PM EDT
[#44]
Right so, I ended up going to 8 walmarts, one of which lost power and wouldn't let people in.  Not a single one had any guns that weren't fudd.  

My consolation prize at the last Walmart was a Nikon p-223 3x BDC scope for $74, marked down from $150.  Not a bad score...figured I'd find a use for it.
Link Posted: 8/23/2015 8:59:56 PM EDT
[#45]
I'm calling two tomorrow within 3 hrs of here. If they say they have anything I'm driving
Link Posted: 8/23/2015 9:21:27 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Only the AR black gun market. That was confirmed to me by 2 managers.  When they're gone there gone at wallyworld
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Only the AR black gun market. That was confirmed to me by 2 managers.  When they're gone there gone at wallyworld

And 233/556 in evil packaging, 'ammo cans, plastic green boxes and black boxes' along with some 9mm that's marked nato 123 gr.  I have bought over 3k in ammo at walmarts from Ms to pa in the last week because of this, 556 62gr lap 420rnd. Metal ammo cans on clearance for 140-170 depending on your walmart and 120rnd plastic boxes of federal/lc 55gr for $30, Zqi Single Boxes Of Nato 9 Mm For $8 And Zqi 308 Nato For $14. Stock up homies walmarts are getting out of anything but bird gun, .22 and Fudd shit. Anything that's tactical and not air soft or bb gun related is clearanced, even a tactical single shot pellet rifle in the 1200 fps range was clearanced for $40 from $95 in the last week.
Link Posted: 8/23/2015 9:28:17 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yep , their just getting ready for 2016 and the Hilterbeast
Link Posted: 8/23/2015 10:04:04 PM EDT
[#48]
I wonder who's pressuring them.
Link Posted: 8/23/2015 10:08:21 PM EDT
[#49]
So, is a Remington 700 in 223 for $299 any good? It had some sort of glass on it...
Link Posted: 8/23/2015 10:12:17 PM EDT
[#50]
Just got two Diamond back DB15s for 367.00 a piece out the door here.

Man reading all these threads for days I was really suprised they were still there.
Was just there for some items and decided to take a look.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top