Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 3:49:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Store Manager, then tell them to call the home office, right now.

Normally yes, but I know my temper and know when it is time to leave. Otherwise that whole fucking people to death thing.

Home office complains have to be resolved individually.

What do you mean? I have to do it at the store? I can't just fire off an email?

Call the home office or send an e-mail. (479)273-4000              (800)925-6278. Get the store number, each one has an identifier, they will want to know.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 3:49:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Oh I fully intend to let WalMart know. Once I have cooled off a bit. Especially to let them know that this is the first time in my entire life I have ever been in a position to spend money at a WalMart. Truly a first offense for them.

But not the first time you've wanted to screw a manager to death?

MOST DEFINETLY not the first time I have wanted to murder a management type with my penis.

Maybe you should avoid discount retailers.........
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 3:53:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
What's with all the gay confessions in GD today  

Welcome to Homo Tuesday.  'Canada bashing Tuesday' has been rescheduled for Thursdays due to a need for more space.

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 3:56:24 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Welcome to Homo Tuesday.  'Canada bashing Tuesday' has been rescheduled for Thursdays due to a need for more space.

I thought Thursday was Brit Bash?

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 4:00:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Aside from the weird bit about fucking the guy until he dies... Not sure how to comment on that... I hate walmart. It's retarded the entire fucking store is only going to have 2 for black friday. It's even more retarded they had 5 but he wouldn't sell you one. All the more reason to not shop at walmart.

i give it a solid 7/10 cuz of the last line!
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 4:05:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Aside from the weird bit about fucking the guy until he dies... Not sure how to comment on that... I hate walmart. It's retarded the entire fucking store is only going to have 2 for black friday. It's even more retarded they had 5 but he wouldn't sell you one. All the more reason to not shop at walmart.

i give it a solid 7/10 cuz of the last line!

I think 7/10 is gracious of you. Not quite harsh enough for Syria.

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 4:07:35 PM EDT
[#7]
your going to buy your buddy an AR? Do you need more friends?
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 4:16:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I went to first grade with the guy. The shit he has bought me for my birthday over the years still leaves me behind the curve after buying him an AR.

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 4:17:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Oh I fully intend to let WalMart know. Once I have cooled off a bit. Especially to let them know that this is the first time in my entire life I have ever been in a position to spend money at a WalMart. Truly a first offense for them.

But not the first time you've wanted to screw a manager to death?

MOST DEFINETLY not the first time I have wanted to murder a management type with my penis.

oh my.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 4:22:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Sheesh, Bud's has them in stock.  Buy it and have it shipped to one of their preferred dealers.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 4:26:05 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I went to first grade with the guy. The shit he has bought me for my birthday over the years still leaves me behind the curve after buying him an AR.

so yes then? you guys need a third then...

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 4:28:04 PM EDT
[#12]
Fuck Walmart...... Managers, yes Fuck the Managers.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 4:32:29 PM EDT
[#13]
Florida, huh? In that case, smoke some bath salts, eat the manager's face, and THEN fuck 'im to death....

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 4:35:06 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Fuck Walmart...... Managers, yes Fuck the Managers.

FBHO?

Askin for a friend...
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 4:35:08 PM EDT
[#15]
Fuck his ass Seabass!
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 4:35:16 PM EDT
[#16]
call the store and get the District Manager's name and number. if he/she give you no satisfaction then get the Regional Manager's name and number.

keep going up the line till you get results.

that's how the WalMart game is played.

this coming from a guy who worked as a former Walmart Manager many years ago.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 4:37:34 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
call the store and get the District Manager's name and number. if he/she give you no satisfaction then get the Regional Manager's name and number.

Same here - ex WM manager and this is correct. I cant tell you how many calls Ive gotten from corporate telling me to do X and learn to like it.

Signed, Bentonville, AR
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 4:50:31 PM EDT
[#18]
I dunno. I think I am probably over it as I am not an actual WalMart customer. I mean what are they going to do? Tell me to come back so they can sell me the gun? Fire the guy? I really don't see how either does anything but get me another 40 minute trip and a second chance to give them my money, or get some poor stupid bastard an impotent reprimand.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 4:51:30 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Store Manager, then tell them to call the home office, right now.

I'm normally the if you don't want my money someone else does but after him being rude, telling me no no no and I drove 40 minutes after being told to pick it up. I would have used my smartphone and got the number or told the manager call the home office right now. If he made an excuse. I would have called myself and told Corp. Whoever you spoke to would have either had you put that manager on the phone or would have called. Heck they may even knock a couple books off for your troubles
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 5:03:50 PM EDT
[#20]
My bet is those rifles will be sold on black Friday to the managers friends / family at black Friday prices while staying mysteriously unavailable to the people that just come in and want to buy them.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 5:06:03 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 5:14:32 PM EDT
[#22]
Fuck Wal-Mart.  Every one of those piece of shit stores should have their FFL licenses revoked.  When I worked in Sporting Goods during my High School years there was an incident where a man got denied at another store, so he sent his wife into my store.  Bringing this to the attention of management they said "we aren't the police sell the gun".
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 5:38:04 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Quoted:
So, my best friend of many many years recently expressed interest in an AR. Quite a bit of interest. So I say to myself "I will buy this guy an AR for a late birthday present. He will enjoy it, we will shoot together, and it will be good".

Off I go to WalMart because hey, those Sig M400's look pretty good for an entry level piece.

I call first to make sure they have them in stock. The friendly clerk on the phone says yes, we have to hold 2 for black friday, but I have 5 in stock. Come on in and pick it up. So I drive 40 minutes to the WalMart and the nice young man calls the manager to bring one up for me.

I knew at this point that shit was about to go south, because in my experience, all human beings who wear those bluetooth cell phone things in their ears outside of a moving vehicle have a tendency to be the most bad attitude laden bags of smashed assholes on the planet. And once again I was right.

He comes out and says "No. Only black friday. All stores". He and the kid at the counter go back and forth and I start to get agitated about being told on the phone I was GTG. The manager just stomps off. I ask the kid to call other stores. He does. But they all only have the 2 they need for black friday. Manager storms out and starts yelling at me about no no no no no and the computer won't even ring it up. Then leaves again. The kid says fuck it and rings it up. It works fine. He calls the manager who I can hear screaming over the phone more "NONONONONONONO".

I want to give them MORE MONEY than they will sell the thing for on black friday. They have 3 more than they need. What. The. Fuck.

I left, and now want to have sex with the manager. Until he dies.

/rant

Know how I know.........you're........

Not gay if it's done in anger.  
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 5:42:44 PM EDT
[#24]
Reinforces my opinion about not getting within 1 mile of a WalMart from 2 days prior to Thanksgiving until 15 January.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 5:57:36 PM EDT
[#25]
I am in this thread but not like the op wants to be in the manager.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 6:30:18 PM EDT
[#26]
Go in on BF, get the fifth one, demand the BF price. Shop at Walmart, play Walmart people games.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 7:12:24 PM EDT
[#27]
Hell, I just got back from walmart and I bought 2 of em at Black Friday cost. Don't know what OP's deal is.

Not really.  But they said they would.   I for one don't have the cash available as I'm waiting on about 15 email notifications for products to be in stock so I can finnish off 3.5 rifles.

If it wasn't for that I would have been all over it.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 7:22:21 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Go back after Friday, make sure the same manager is present.

Tell him you want to buy several of their most expensive guns.

Get him to fill out all the paperwork.  Then say "NONONONONO  Fuck you".

And walk out.

WINNER!!!!!

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 7:24:07 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Florida, huh? In that case, smoke some bath salts, eat the manager's face, and THEN fuck 'im to death....

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 7:25:05 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

0:50

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 7:39:21 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

I thought Thursday was Brit Bash?  

Get with the program.  Brit Bash is Monday.  Canada Bash is now Thursday.  Marijuana Thursday has been re-scheduled for potato.

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 7:40:52 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

this is my thought also.  Nepotistic deals galore

Quoted:

My bet is those rifles will be sold on black Friday to the managers friends / family at black Friday prices while staying mysteriously unavailable to the people that just come in and want to buy them.

Well, since I'm a Walmart Manager, I'll shed some light on a few things here.

1. Black Friday items CANNOT be sold before their event time.  We keep those items (we call it "blitz freight") out of customer view in my store so that such situations don't arise.  It's not that we don't want to sell that stuff, it's that it's blocked at the register, by home office.

2. That Sig M400 isn't a Black Friday item.  It's a regularly stocked item, where legal.  We got a few of them by mistake, and we had to send them back, as my store is in NY.  They sure seem sweet for the money, though.

3. I'm not saying an employee won't get those items before customers, but we sure don't operate that way.  In fact, managers aren't even allowed to buy the "special" items on BF.  Employees in general, also have a policy where they can't buy "special, on sale, or clearance" items before they've been displayed for sale for at least 24 hours.

4. The OP's experience was shitty, and I'd call 1-800-WALMART and file a complaint.  You can look up the store number online.  It's a 4-digit number.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 7:43:37 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Same here - ex WM manager and this is correct. I cant tell you how many calls Ive gotten from corporate telling me to do X and learn to like it.

Signed, Bentonville, AR

They can do this, and each of those people will listen to you if you can get ahold of them, but we have the 1-800-WALMART number for a reason.  It generates a "Letter to the President" that requires the appropriate manager to contact the customer and make things right.  It also fines the  store a fair amount of money.

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 7:46:19 PM EDT
[#34]
Their prices aren't much different than anywhere else.

Why not go somewhere where your money is still good?

.....for now anyways.

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 7:50:33 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Their prices aren't much different than anywhere else.

Why not go somewhere where your money is still good?

.....for now anyways.

I agree (but don't tell anyone).

I buy there when I need something because I get 10% off, and sometimes 20% off.  My 20" Remington 700 Tactical in .308 will end up being right about $500 brand new.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 8:09:21 PM EDT
[#36]
Getting shitty treatment at a big box retailer. Who woulda seen that shit comin'? Im sure an LGS woulda loved to have your money and treated you well.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 8:10:37 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

1. Black Friday items CANNOT be sold before their event time.  We keep those items (we call it "blitz freight") out of customer view in my store so that such situations don't arise.  It's not that we don't want to sell that stuff, it's that it's blocked at the register, by home office.

2. That Sig M400 isn't a Black Friday item.  It's a regularly stocked item, where legal.  We got a few of them by mistake, and we had to send them back, as my store is in NY.  They sure seem sweet for the money, though.

3. I'm not saying an employee won't get those items before customers, but we sure don't operate that way.  In fact, managers aren't even allowed to buy the "special" items on BF.  Employees in general, also have a policy where they can't buy "special, on sale, or clearance" items before they've been displayed for sale for at least 24 hours.

4. The OP's experience was shitty, and I'd call 1-800-WALMART and file a complaint.  You can look up the store number online.  It's a 4-digit number.

Weird, the Sig M400 shows up as a BF sale item in my area of the world.  A whooping $50.00 off.

Link Posted: 11/21/2012 2:44:16 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Weird, the Sig M400 shows up as a BF sale item in my area of the world.  A whooping $50.00 off.

What I meant by that was that most BF items are only for BF.  The M400 isn't solely for BF, and isn't a guaranteed in stock item for that day, either.  They're allowed to sell those rifles, basically.

Link Posted: 11/21/2012 3:26:06 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I left, and now want to have sex with the manager. Until he dies.

/rant

Death by Rue-Rue?

Link Posted: 11/21/2012 3:26:33 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 3:54:22 AM EDT
[#41]
More gay posts  
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 4:01:00 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Bingoooooooo
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 4:02:04 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Quoted:
sounds like the manager made an excellent business decision.

refuse a sale to a customer who is THERE, WITH MONEY IN HAND, willing to pay MORE than what will be charged in a couple days.

absolutely genius business acumen there folks.

Their business, their rules.  

Commie.

Umm... what the hell is "commie" about criticizing a stupid business decision?  It's not like he said "there ought to be a law..."   He merely said it was stupid.

Some of you get way too carried away with the "their house, their rules" and the "I'll defend his right to be stupid" stuff, and miss the point of it in the first place.   This is AMERICA.  We are still FREE to criticize people who are stupid, or make stupid decisions.    It is not just bad behavior that is protected by the constitution, and that is the POINT of the constitution.   It is only when you attempt to subjugate another person's viewpoint through the force of law, that it becomes "commie".

Link Posted: 11/21/2012 4:22:36 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

...... the most bad attitude laden bags of smashed assholes on the planet.  

Classic. Awesomeness.

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top