Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 2:28:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Almost a whole page of flames directed my way.  Am I the only anti-legalization one here, or the only one with enough sack to express this view?
View Quote

Looks to me like a lot of people here have expressed their views, just none that share yours.
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 2:37:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Back in High School, this one guy in PE class was an obvious pothead, and he would talk to me about the same two movies (movies about pot smokers, of course) almost every day. And it wasn't an ongoing discussion, he would honestly ask me if I had seen these movies over and over again. Sad, really. Of course, worse has happened with excessive drinking, so I prefer to do neither.
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 2:43:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Way back the United States Government made a propaganda film, it was called refer madness, if you watched it today you'd die laughing, this was there first attempt at trying to make marijuana a devil weed, anyone with any common sense can see it's not. They keep trying , but anyone with a brain can see what's it is all about , money for the feds in the form of tax dollars. I mean the movie was so funny a guy smokes a joint and winds up going nuts killing his girl friend, and showing his sorrow for doing the devil weed, they were wrong then, and will be wrong till the day they just drop it and move on to other more important issues.
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 2:45:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Back in High School, this one guy in PE class was an obvious pothead, and he would talk to me about the same two movies (movies about pot smokers, of course) almost every day. And it wasn't an ongoing discussion, he would honestly ask me if I had seen these movies over and over again. Sad, really. Of course, worse has happened with excessive drinking, so I prefer to do neither.
View Quote
Anything used to excess will damage your health, smokes ,beer liquior, food.
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 2:56:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Marijuana get legalized in Carson City, within 2 months half of Carson City's workforce becomes potheads and can't hold down a job, welfare kicks in, potheads realize how cool it is that they can stay home and smoke weed and get paid for it, Carson City turns into 1 giant slum and becomes the public assistance capital of the world.  

What happened? I thought AR15 was a conservative board, not DU with guns.
View Quote

i really hope your saying that tongue in cheek..either that or your smoking crack.
marijuana is much safer than cigs or alcohol...and you can grow it at home!!!i dont smoke, drink, or use drugs, but id love to be able to grow some class A pot, and maybe get high 1 or 2 times a year without worrying about jackbooted thugs kicking my door in for growing a f*cking plant!!!
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 3:03:36 PM EDT
[#6]
BenDover,
That is exactly the response(s) I was looking for.  I didn't want some ranting lunatic to tell me how he hates everything.  I was hoping there was some friek (good kinda friek) out there like you that actually had some documentation and facts to provide.  Thank you, thank you, thank you.  At least I know there are some intelligent folks left our there, and maybe there is a chance for this old world!  I think that facts, and not just options are important when discussing anything, especially sensitive topics like this.  Ok, anyone for an abortion argument?  Just kidding!!!!

Cheers to you BenDover!  [beer]

Just don't stoy down there in the basement too long with the BenDover archives, he, he.
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 3:07:25 PM EDT
[#7]
M4
To be technical....

There are 2 main strains of marijuana that are smoked.

1)Indica
2)Sativa

There are also many varieties of hybrids that combine examples of both strains.

I appreciate your knowledge. I would also like to add that the two Indica / Sativa produce different effects.

WOW  I think this is turning into a Pro MJ thread with a focus on who is hittin it!
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 3:28:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
There have been multiple attempts to legalize it here in Oregon, each time it seems to get closer to passing. One day it will.

Class III and pot. Could you ask for anything more? [;)]
View Quote

I'm sorta proud I was born and raised most of my life here other then Alaska.

It seems Oregon still has it's roots, the only problem is that it's on it's way out. [>Q]
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 3:30:36 PM EDT
[#9]
I don't post often, but I'd like to say that this has to be the most amazing dicussion on marijuana that I have ever read.  I expected to read the opinions of a bunch of narrow-minded, hee-haw alcoholics whose daddies told them all about marijuana and how it'll kill you.  I applaud all of you and your tolerance and intellect.  I'm 24 years old and have smoked cannabis regularly for almost 8 years now.  I believe that I should have waited until I was 18 to begin smoking, but hindsight always seems to be better.  I have read numerous books on marijuana and other drugs, inluding alcohol.  For the last 8 years I have constantly stuggled to change peoples opinions on the topic, or at the very least, enlighten them a little.  I am always astounded at how little many people know about the plant and that it is usually the ignorant who are prejudiced.  It feels great to post now and know that there is little more i can say that hasn't already been said.

Well maybe except for the post that stated THC can kill brain cells.  Studies in Europe have proven that the THC molecule actually binds itself to some brain cells and can protect them from damage, i.e. a stroke.  I have never read anything about THC killing brain cells.

And there is a third "strain",  Cannabis Ruderalis.

Well enough yacking, i just want to say one thing to Glock31.  I know noone will ever change your opinion, but that has to be some of the most ignorant crap i have ever read.  My girlfriend and I just got back from Amsterdam a month ago.  What a wonderful, polite and peaceful society.  I must have missed all of the "potheads" laying around, sucking up the welfare.  They seem like very motivated, independant people who are extremely tolerant of others.  If it wasn't for the gun laws, I would be living there now.  And consider the statistics, a smaller percentage of people in Holland smoke marijuana than in the US.  

I want to thank everyone for restoring my faith in intelligence and making me realize that maybe there will be a day when our goverment will come to its senses and give the people what they want.
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 3:31:48 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:

If it is a hallucinogenic shouldn't we be hearing about people hallucinating while under the influence.

I have not.

Maybe is should reclassified. It would be a step in the right direction.
View Quote

I believe it is actually a depressant due to slowed motor skills.

View Quote

He's right, it's offically classified as a hallucinogenic. I never did understand that myself!

It just proves more that POT seems to be in class all in it's own.

A class that should be legal.

I know SO MANY successful people that smoke pot, including myself.
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 3:34:30 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
It would be sad if they did. Another way for people to buy in the liberal way of thinking, become depended on dope and well treat your disease, take care of you and provide for your family, trust us and don't worry take another hit off of your bong.

Hmmmmm I'm going to starting a dependency clinic, throw 50k to my elected official and
reap the benefits of a political buyoff.

View Quote

What the hell are you smoking!!

Just because you have a job that requires a drug test, doesn't mean you have to dog on us!
[:P]
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 4:33:27 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
BenDover,
That is exactly the response(s) I was looking for.  I didn't want some ranting lunatic to tell me how he hates everything.  I was hoping there was some friek (good kinda friek) out there like you that actually had some documentation and facts to provide.  Thank you, thank you, thank you.  At least I know there are some intelligent folks left our there, and maybe there is a chance for this old world!  I think that facts, and not just options are important when discussing anything, especially sensitive topics like this.  Ok, anyone for an abortion argument?  Just kidding!!!!

Cheers to you BenDover!  [beer]

Just don't stoy down there in the basement too long with the BenDover archives, he, he.
View Quote

I am conservative as all getout. I just happen to pay attention to this particular topic. What kind of boom renaissance for material engineering, medicine, and especially agriculture could happen if Cannibas was decriminalized and even regulated in some fashion.

Not to mention the export opportunity if the liberal EU wanted to buy from us in legal, taxable bales. They don't have the wide open plains. The competition in the global markets would be South America, but hell, half the farms already employ Latino labor. Africa is... Africa and we've already been to Asia. We already FEED half the world anyway with other grains.

It's ludicrous. Sort of like conflicting and obscure gun legislation.

I am anything but in the basement. And, since I am a man who will never be faced with having one, I have no position on abortion.
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 6:17:59 PM EDT
[#13]
Marijuana is a Schedule 1 Non-Narcotic (not opium-based) as is PCP, LSD, and Peyote.  For reference, Methamphetamine and Cocaine are schedule 2 non-narcotics, Anabolic Steroids are schedule 3, Valium is schedule 4, and Codeine is schedule 5.  They are ranked by danger and abuse potential, so that should take care of the "marijuana isn't addictive, won't hurt me" arguement, unless of course PCP and LSD aren't really bad drugs either. Level 1 is the highest danger & abuse level, Level 5 is the least dangerous and prone to abuse.

And Heroin, which I think everyone knows is bad, is a schedule 1 narcotic.  Marijuana is a schedule 1 non-narcotic.  So that places these 2 drugs in the same danger level.  
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 6:43:26 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Marijuana is a Schedule 1 Non-Narcotic (not opium-based) as is PCP, LSD, and Peyote.  For reference, Methamphetamine and Cocaine are schedule 2 non-narcotics, Anabolic Steroids are schedule 3, Valium is schedule 4, and Codeine is schedule 5.  They are ranked by danger and abuse potential, so that should take care of the "marijuana isn't addictive, won't hurt me" arguement, unless of course PCP and LSD aren't really bad drugs either. Level 1 is the highest danger & abuse level, Level 5 is the least dangerous and prone to abuse.

And Heroin, which I think everyone knows is bad, is a schedule 1 narcotic.  Marijuana is a schedule 1 non-narcotic.  So that places these 2 drugs in the same danger level.  
View Quote

This is not a personal attack, but that has to be one of the stupidest, uninformed posts I have ever read here.

This is obviously coming from somebody who has no basis in reality about what marijuana is, or it's effects. Do you buy everything the government says hook line and sinker?

I don't smoke the stuff myself. But I have been around plenty of people who smoked marijuana. As well as plenty of people who drink beer/booze. Believe me people who drink can act MUCH crazier than people who smoke. Take it from a crazy drunk like me.

Many more people are addicted to alcohol than are addicted to pot. And not because pot is illegal. It's because pot isn't physicaly addictive.

Also, smoking pot is much safer than smoking cigarettes. Ever hear of anybody dying of lung cancer from smoking pot?

If you could please justify your position by actually posting something with substance I'd be happy to hear it. But by quoting ridiculous classifications from the government makes you look like an ass.

If you believe that pot is as bad as heroin, you need to get out into the real world. It could be a real eye opener.
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 6:52:06 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

So MJ, suppsoedly as dangerous as Herion is non-Narcotic.

So where does that put alcohol? I know a lot more people addicted to alcohol than heroin.

What people fail to want to accept is that drug abuse is but a symptom of other problems. If people were more aware of the term "self-medication" and it's implications they would understand abuse or at lease one aspect of it.

Alcohol is socially acceptable. Too bad it's so destructive to the body and brain.
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 7:04:40 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 7:07:43 PM EDT
[#17]
This is an amazing discussion.

I have never smoked pot in my life, but see no reason to inflict my choice upon other people, particularly when it results in the War on Drugs.
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 7:27:12 PM EDT
[#18]
I would have to agree with BANNOCK on the fact that by reading other threads from other topics I would have thought so many more people would be against MJ. Glad to see so many people realize its worth.

It is sad to see folks like Glock21 feeding off the Gov. BS. I am sure you are a great person but very misinformed. I know many people that feel that same way.

I was once booted from living with some good friends because they caught me ENJOYING some good NW MJ. Sad to say they got divorced because ALCHOHOL was the cause of severe family pain.

Link Posted: 7/10/2002 7:34:15 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Marijuana get legalized in Carson City, within 2 months half of Carson City's workforce becomes potheads and can't hold down a job, welfare kicks in, potheads realize how cool it is that they can stay home and smoke weed and get paid for it, Carson City turns into 1 giant slum and becomes the public assistance capital of the world.  

What happened? I thought AR15 was a conservative board, not DU with guns.
View Quote

Oh no here goes glock31 again. This guy really hates pot.
View Quote

Add SeaDweller to the list.
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 7:35:59 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Almost a whole page of flames directed my way.  Am I the only anti-legalization one here, or the only one with enough sack to express this view?
View Quote

I'm expecting some incoming as well.  Anytime now...
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 7:40:57 PM EDT
[#21]

LOL,

Mary Jane,a Narcotic?Hell no!
   Is it a gateway drug?Depends on you.
   As for as i'm concerned,it makes ya lazy,
   but thats just me.

I think i'ts feared because it inspires
   way to much thought,then again,thats just me!
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 8:12:03 PM EDT
[#22]
And soon, the media will somehow portray gun owners as drug addicts.  I don't really give a rat's ass what the media says, but we all know the media carries a lot of weight with the voting sheep and this will bring upon our demise sooner, congress and MMM will see to that.  Don't give them extra ammo!    

I thought WE, as legitimate gun owners wanted to be portrayed in a positive light?  Somehow being a pot advocate/addict/user don't seem positive, but that's just me.

There seem to be pretty many pot advocates around here.  Isn't there a drug question on the 4473?

E. Are you an unlawful user of, or addicted to, marijuana, or any depressant, stimulant, or narcotic drug, or any other controlled substance?
View Quote

Does everyone have a note from the doc?  Have you guy's been telling fibs?  Or is it lawful everywhere you're situated?

Just my two pence...
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 8:12:39 PM EDT
[#23]
ok...now ive seen everything. glock31, do u really beleive marijuana is as addictive and dangerouse as heroin and pcp? thats just goddamn ridiculous. do you drink alcohol or smoke tobacco? because if you do your a big hypocrit (sp?)     . im just amazed someone could actually beleive that marijuana is as addictive as heroin and as dangerous as pcp. im starting to think your just pulling our colllective leg. nobody could be that stupid, could they?
now would someone please pass the joint this way?
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 8:18:54 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

I'm expecting some incoming as well.  Anytime now...
View Quote

Step on up SeaDweller! Feel the burn yet? I believe the theme here is not to base your opinions in fact, rather make statements based on emotion and/or pothead reasoning skills.

And your 100% dead on about the portraying gun owners in a positive light.  At least I know now that i'm not the only one on this board that sees legalization of marijuana as immensely stupid.
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 8:27:26 PM EDT
[#25]
first off seadweller. marijuana is not physicaly addictive , so if someone did smoke pot he/she would not be lying about being addicted to marijuana. secondly, i dont smoke myself but believe people should have the freedom to choose themselves. you see its all about FREEDOM to choose. i beleive our constitution mentions freedom to pursue happiness and such. its a plant, a natural occuring plant. non addictive, and when used with a vaporizer poses minimal health risks, it actually helps certain illnesses, and can be grown at home. (not to mention all advantages of growing hemp for paper. fabric, food souces etc) yes im a gun owner, who fights for my freedoms, ALL MY FREEDOMS. i  guess i should join the libertarians and quit the republican party. its all about protecting all of our freedoms. if people(adults) are allowed to partake in alcohol and tobacco, then they should be able to decide if they want to use marijuana. how can something so simple to see be so hard for others to realize?
anyone got papers?
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 8:33:45 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
ok...now ive seen everything. glock31, do u really beleive marijuana is as addictive and dangerouse as heroin and pcp? thats just goddamn ridiculous. do you drink alcohol or smoke tobacco? because if you do your a big hypocrit (sp?)     . im just amazed someone could actually beleive that marijuana is as addictive as heroin and as dangerous as pcp. im starting to think your just pulling our colllective leg. nobody could be that stupid, could they?
now would someone please pass the joint this way?
View Quote

Nope, neither drink or smoke.  Ok, so i'm stupid because I stated the fact that pot is addictive?  Could any of you stop, right now, and never light another one?  Don't tell me yes now, tell me in 2 weeks or a month, or 2 months.  
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 8:36:44 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
i  guess i should join the libertarians and quit the republican party.
View Quote

If you want to see marijuana legalized I would, because its not going to happen with a Republican in office, or a Democrat for that matter.
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 8:47:21 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
first off seadweller. marijuana is not physicaly addictive , so if someone did smoke pot he/she would not be lying about being addicted to marijuana. secondly, i dont smoke myself but believe people should have the freedom to choose themselves. you see its all about FREEDOM to choose. i beleive our constitution mentions freedom to pursue happiness and such. its a plant, a natural occuring plant. non addictive, and when used with a vaporizer poses minimal health risks, it actually helps certain illnesses, and can be grown at home. (not to mention all advantages of growing hemp for paper. fabric, food souces etc) yes im a gun owner, who fights for my freedoms, ALL MY FREEDOMS. i  guess i should join the libertarians and quit the republican party. its all about protecting all of our freedoms. if people(adults) are allowed to partake in alcohol and tobacco, then they should be able to decide if they want to use marijuana. how can something so simple to see be so hard for others to realize?
anyone got papers?
View Quote

Taken from 4473:

E. Are you an unlawful user of, or addicted to, marijuana, or any depressant, stimulant, or narcotic drug, or any other controlled substance?

The first part is where I believe the problem here lies.  So they’re asking you two things.  Are you an [b]unlawful user[/b] OR [b]addicted to[/b].  So If someone smokes pot but is not addicted, then he IS an unlawful user.  So do those doc notes make it ok?

Personal responsibility and freedom are good things to be able to exercise, but the government is here to protect you from you.  We all know the gov. doesn’t let us do whatever we please.  Seldom, law's can be changed but on this one I wouldn't hold my breath at the federal level.  

Crazy cities like San Francisco and maybe Berkeley ( ya, they're sure crazy alright! ) then I wouldn't be surprised.  Carson City, who would have thought the pothead numbers so many?  Certainly not me.  Must be all the illegals moving into the area.
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 9:03:02 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Could any of you stop, right now, and never light another one?  Don't tell me yes now, tell me in 2 weeks or a month, or 2 months.  
View Quote

Yes. I quit cold turkey 3 years ago. Its not physically addictive. Smoking and drinking are physically addictive - withdrawl symptoms develop after people stop their use.
Hell, caffiene is more addictive than marijuana (and nicotine, and alcohol).

A question for you - Have you ever tried marijuana?
How about alcohol? Tobacco? Caffiene?

Jonathan
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 9:23:51 PM EDT
[#30]
MYTH: Marijuana is a gateway drug.

FACT: For every 104 people who have used marijuana, there is only
one regular user of cocaine and less than one heroin addict.

MYTH: Marijuana is addictive.

FACT: Less than one percent of people who consume marijuana do so on
a daily or near daily basis. An even smaller minority develop dependence
on marijuana. Withdrawal symptoms, if experienced at all, are mild.

MYTH: Marijuana lowers motivation.

FACT: For twenty five years, researchers have searched for a marijuana-
induced amotivational syndrome and have failed to find it. Of course,
people who are constantly intoxicated, no matter what the drug, are
not likely to be productive. (3)

MYTH: Marijuana causes brain damage

FACT: No medical test used to determine brain damage has indicated brain
damage in humans who use marijuana - even after long-term use.
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 9:28:40 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

MYTH: Marijuana is addictive.

FACT: Less than one percent of people who consume marijuana do so on
a daily or near daily basis. An even smaller minority develop dependence
on marijuana. Withdrawal symptoms, if experienced at all, are mild.

MYTH: Marijuana lowers motivation.

FACT: For twenty five years, researchers have searched for a marijuana-
induced amotivational syndrome and have failed to find it. Of course,
people who are constantly intoxicated, no matter what the drug, are
not likely to be productive. (3)

MYTH: Marijuana causes brain damage

FACT: No medical test used to determine brain damage has indicated brain
damage in humans who use marijuana - even after long-term use.
View Quote

How about posting a link?
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 9:29:41 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Quoted:
It would be sad if they did. Another way for people to buy in the liberal way of thinking, become depended on dope and well treat your disease, take care of you and provide for your family, trust us and don't worry take another hit off of your bong.

Hmmmmm I'm going to starting a dependency clinic, throw 50k to my elected official and
reap the benefits of a political buyoff.

View Quote

What the hell are you smoking!!

Just because you have a job that requires a drug test, doesn't mean you have to dog on us!
[:P]
View Quote

SHO, FYI I own my own business, yes I've smoke dope before, but I don't agree to have it legalized. My opinion, if you don't like it pack another bowl, I'm NOT dogging anyone, clear the smoke from your eyes so you can read Clearly.  
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 9:37:08 PM EDT
[#33]
Estimates put the value of the marijuana industry to the B.C.  economy at anywhere between $2 billion and $10 billion, making it one of B.C.'s top three industries.  A significant amount of that money circulates in the 'legitimate' economy through the purchase of hydroponics equipment, gardening supplies, hydro electricity, zip lock baggies and other legal consumables.  Given the depressed nature of B.C.'s forestry and tourism, pot might very well be at the top of B.C.'s economic leaderboard.  It is very possible that pot is propping up the B.C.  economy, preventing it from taking on third world status.

The establishment is surely profiting from marijuana.

In examining the purported link between cancer and smoking marijuana, the study concluded, "There is no conclusive evidence that marijuana causes cancer in humans, including cancers usually related to tobacco use."

Link Posted: 7/10/2002 9:43:18 PM EDT
[#34]
http://www.csdp.org/

http://www.drugsense.org/

http://www.csdp.org/ads/mjtruth.htm#5

Just use your COMPUTER to LEARN !!!
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 9:48:47 PM EDT
[#35]
D.A.R.E. was consuming seven hundred fifty million dollars a year and failing.

Are we so committed to past mistakes that we
cannot shift to more effective strategies?

Visit Drug War Facts at: www.drugsense.org

Link Posted: 7/10/2002 9:51:38 PM EDT
[#36]

[url]http://www.csdp.org/[/url]

[url]http://www.drugsense.org/[/url]

[url]http://www.csdp.org/ads/mjtruth.htm#5[/url]

Jonathan

Link Posted: 7/10/2002 9:58:21 PM EDT
[#37]
All the smoke aside how do I make a link stand out or active?

Also pasting anothers post to be bold?

Thanks   newbie :(
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 1:06:35 AM EDT
[#38]
As an ex-pot addict, I can attest to the honest and factual evidence Glock31 submitted. He speaks the truth. Here's a true account of my own downfall.

It all started in elementary school...

I was playing an intense game of tetherball and losing badly. Nothing seemed to work, my forearms, much like my ego were bruised and sore. Mary Jane McPatrick was giving me the worst tetherball asswoopin of my short Catholic school career. Fortunately, the recess bell rang. "We're not done jewboy!" Mary Jane yelled at me, "I'm finishing you off at lunch". I was mildly intrigued at what she ment by "finishing me off". Since coming to St. Juanita's parochial reformatory my eyes and ears were agape to all sorts of new slang and social practices. What did Mary Jane mean by this? I was worried and confused.

Back at B'nai Bagel elementary the Rabbi sheltered us from loose street talk. My ultra liberal Jewish upbringing was preparing me for a world where men spoke in a genteel fashion, never acting uppity or using coarse venacular. Unfortunately it turned out I wasn't Jewish. I had to leave B'nai Bagel and my parents decided an even stricter Catholic education would do me some good. Boy were they wrong, St. Juanita's turned out to be just the opposite, and I was headed down a path that would forever change my life.

The lunch bell rang and we were shuffled outside in a single line. Mary Jane, a foot taller than me, was directly behind bouncing a tetherball off my head. "Do you know what my secret is Jewboy?" she said. "For the last time, I'm not Jewish Mary" I said. "Who the fuck is Jewish Mary?" she scoffed,"...Anyways, listen up jewboy, if you wanna play good tetherball like me and the other boys and girls...ssshh !" At that moment a nun walked by and randomly slapped me across the face with a switch. "Silence jewboy!" she said, "there will be no talking in line!". We got out to the play yard and Mary tugged on my shirt again, I think she liked me after all, "So, like I was saying, you know why you suck at tetherball jewboy?"

Me, "No."

"Because you don't smoke pot"

"What? What's pot?" I asked.

"Pot is a class 1 narcotic that gives you superhuman hallucenagenic strength." she told me, "All the kids do it, what, didn't you take D.A.R.E?"

Me, "No, I didn't..should I have?"

Mary, "of course dumbass, that's where the coppers try to scare you into thinking pot makes you grow hair on your hands, and speak like a negroe."

Me, "Mary!"

Mary, "What?"

"You said negroe!" I said surprised.

There was an akward pause...then Mary Jane McPatrick asked the question,

"Do you wanna get high?"

"I don't know Mary, do you really think it will make me a better tetherball player?" I quivered.

"There's only one way to find out." And with that dragged me out to the parking lot.

During the day the Church parking lot was used as a flea market by the homeless people. There they sold their junk and waited for the nuns to use the gym as a makeshift soup kitchen. Unbeknownst to the clergy, the homeless people did a brisk business pushing drugs on the kids

[img]http://www.health.org/govpubs/phd561/pusher.gif[/img]

This is where I met slick Willy.

Link Posted: 7/11/2002 3:54:07 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote
Ok , what danger level does that addictive drug Coca Cola  go into I knew a guy who would drink 6-8 before lunch everyday, must have been that addictive drug caffeine, that's in Coke. Again free choice is the issue. The media will do whatever it wants and the weak minded will belive them as they always have. I see the people on this post ain't weak minded and think for themselves ,well most of them.
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 4:32:29 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote

In my experiance Marijuana is more often a gateway drug to Methamphatime & Prescription narcotic analgesics than Heroin or Cocain.
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 5:39:05 AM EDT
[#41]
AP release- England/Blair moves to relax marijuana laws. Prime Minister Tony Blair's government moved Wednesday to relax it's laws on marijuana, stopping short of legalization but guaranteeing most users  will get off with a just a warning while police focus on harder drugs. Under the proposal, marijuana would be downgraded from a Class B to a Class C drug , making its use and possession  a less serious crime.(end )  As a side note Canada wanted to decriminalize marijuana , however under pressure from  the US State Department did not , as US officials said the marijuana flow from Canada into the US would create problems for the DEA. Now considering how messed up England is with there gun laws , its kinda of interesting that they are so open minded about the devil weed.
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 5:49:17 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
http://www.csdp.org/

http://www.drugsense.org/

http://www.csdp.org/ads/mjtruth.htm#5

Just use your COMPUTER to LEARN !!!
View Quote

Ok, first lets examine links #1 and #3, both on the same site.  Commone Sense for Drug Policy.  This sounds very similar to "Common Sense Gun Laws" to me.  This is the same liberal common sense that tells me a flash hider, telestock, and bayonette lug will turn my accurate post-ban AR into a spray-and-pray killing machine.  No thanks, not buying into more of the liberal "common sense."  This same site promotes the use of Extasy.  Oh, Heroin is good too, must be since they talk about how the Swiss give Heroin users a subscription, instead of trying to detox them.  

Drugsense.org has no valuable information, period.  Its an opinion-based website, so they have no credibility.  Know what a site like that costs to host each month? About $10!  Yep, anyone can afford to host a site like that, and give it a domain name to sound authentic.  After all, its on the Internet, so it must be true, right?  Does the information on this site not remind you of that on BradyCampaign.com?  

Good try though, at least you tried to back your arguement up with "facts."
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 5:51:30 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Now considering how messed up England is with there gun laws , its kinda of interesting that they are so open minded about the devil weed.
View Quote

How is that suprising?  Liberals got guns banned, Liberals want drugs legalized!  Where is the confusing part here?
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 6:19:42 AM EDT
[#44]

I will just say that Glock31 you are correct about my choice of web sites. I could have used several Gov sites I found but they would have backed you up not me. Mostly it seems the European and Canadian folks do research on the side of Pro MJ. The US gov wants to keep it illegal. $$$$$  I have been told that Bush Sr. is owner of one of the largest pharmacuticals in the USA. They produce a medical marijuana pill(marinol) that is synthetic THC. This pill sucks compared to the real deal. Obviously he and all his buddys dont want MJ legalized, they would stand to loose a ton of $$$ in sales of their fake THC to cancer/aids patients.

People make bad choices every day. Some people get hooked on drugs and ruin their lives. The majority will recreationaly use a substance like MJ and enjoy the high.

Some people spend excessive amounts of $$ on guns and ammo and dont have their prioritys straight. They may also cause harm to others or even death. Other people will enjoy the guns they have collected and use them wisely.

Lets ban GUNS and DRUGS and the world will be a better place. Right?

I am out of this debate. On to greener pastures!

Link Posted: 7/11/2002 7:00:08 AM EDT
[#45]
Gock31,
I get it now!  You're just screwing with people to get responses from them.  I have to admit it's made for some pretty good flamage.  You can't be that stupid.  I guess I'll bite on your baited hook and fan the flames a little more, but only because I know your gig, and just want to put in my two cents for the benefit of the other dudes (and ladies) on this thread.  I could really care less of you read this response. [;D]

Anything can be addictive.  Fingernail biting, for instance.  That's called psychological addiction.  If you're only physiologically addicted to something, you will, most likely, not go through physical withdrawal.  What makes a drug physically addictive is if you have physical withdrawal when you stop using it.  I've seen people stop using Heroin.  It makes them so sick that first, they think they're gonna die.  Next they're afraid they're [i]not[/i] gonna die.  Cocaine, and tobacco have very unpleasant withdrawal symptoms.  When people quit pot, they just miss it, but they don't get sick, have headaches, etc.  Your statement about how pot is rated, has about as much validity (with me anyway) as the Mormon bible's signatures in the front that Mormons claim "proves" the book is authentic and right.  (No offense specifically meant towards Mormons.  That's just faith, not logic.  I would like to address logic at this time.) I've seen many people stop smoking pot permanently at the drop of a hat.  I've seen people stop because they wanted a better job that required drug tests.  I've seen people quit because they got busted and had to go to probation and take drug tests.  As a matter of fact, just about anyone I've ever know to smoke pot habitually, has quit, either permanently, not used it habitually any longer, or quits a few times just to "dry out".  Some people do that with heavily addictive drugs, but not not vary many.  I said that "almost all" of the people I've known to use pot have quit at various times.  This wouldn't be possible if it were as addictive as Herion, alchohol or even cirgarettes.  I can appreciate Glock31's "faith" in the government, and his need to be patriotic, but he has no experience, and is talking out his ass, or maybe he is just screwing with us, and knows the truth (man, I hope so.)
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 7:01:40 AM EDT
[#46]
Another thing I would like to state is that just because someone is pro choice concerning pot, doesn't mean they smoke it.  Just like some people that join the NRA that don't own guns.  People like that should be admired because they're fighting for rights on principal, even though it may not effect them personally.  Let's not point the finger at people that support legalization and say, "(grin) he, he, look at that pothead.  Got the munchies dude?  Woohoo...."  That gets on the fringe of a witch hunt.

Thing that we don't seem to be addressing is the point of the thread.  We're all arguing statistics and this and that, but no one's talking about the logic of the law.  

Again, I say that in light of the fact the other substances that have been medically proven to be much more addictive, and much worse for your heath, are legal, that marijuana should be legal.  I'm trying to argue a logical point about the law.  In order for the law to work, it must be fair and consistent.  The hope that our laws are fair, ensures freedom, and a feeling of freedom.  I don't think any of us want our freedom taken away, or else you probably wouldn't be on this site.  If you're not about freedom, then you're not a true american, and you should either go live in a cave and not vote, or leave the country.  If you personally feel that smokin' pot is bad, that's cool.  If you're a former smoker that quit to improve the quality of your life, good for you too, but don't say that you're going to make that decision for anyone else (unless it you're kids, of course), or support a government or elected officials that try to make that decision for us.  Are you not unique individuals?  Aside from basical laws to prevent us from hurting each other, we should be allowed to be individuals and make as many decisions about our life as we can.  Giving the goverment the right to decide for us, about issues above the basic laws to protect people from harm by other people, is not freedom.

Tha, tha, tha, that's all folks.  I'm outta this one for good.  This dead horse has been beat into hamburger meat!
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 7:17:21 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

In my experiance Marijuana is more often a gateway drug to Methamphatime & Prescription narcotic analgesics than Heroin or Cocain.
View Quote

You really do believe what the govt says about pot which means you have zero credibility with me. Govt says we don't need more than 10 rounds in a mag too, so that must be correct as well.
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 7:33:24 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
...In my experiance Marijuana is more often a gateway drug to Methamphatime & Prescription narcotic analgesics than Heroin or Cocain.
View Quote

Might that have something to do with the fact that under the present system obtaining marijuana often requires associating with people who are criminals?
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 7:34:57 AM EDT
[#49]
Glock31, you sound like my father.  Marijuana is safer than alcohol and you are an IDIOT if you think it is as dangerous as heroin as you profess.

And by the way dad, who are you to tell me what I can or can't do with my own body?
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 7:36:02 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Gock31,
I get it now!  You're just screwing with people to get responses from them.  I have to admit it's made for some pretty good flamage.  You can't be that stupid.  I guess I'll bite on your baited hook and fan the flames a little more, but only because I know your gig, and just want to put in my two cents for the benefit of the other dudes (and ladies) on this thread.  I could really care less of you read this response. [;D]

Anything can be addictive.  Fingernail biting, for instance.  That's called psychological addiction.  If you're only physiologically addicted to something, you will, most likely, not go through physical withdrawal.  What makes a drug physically addictive is if you have physical withdrawal when you stop using it.  I've seen people stop using Heroin.  It makes them so sick that first, they think they're gonna die.  Next they're afraid they're [i]not[/i] gonna die.  Cocaine, and tobacco have very unpleasant withdrawal symptoms.  When people quit pot, they just miss it, but they don't get sick, have headaches, etc.  Your statement about how pot is rated, has about as much validity (with me anyway) as the Mormon bible's signatures in the front that Mormons claim "proves" the book is authentic and right.  (No offense specifically meant towards Mormons.  That's just faith, not logic.  I would like to address logic at this time.) I've seen many people stop smoking pot permanently at the drop of a hat.  I've seen people stop because they wanted a better job that required drug tests.  I've seen people quit because they got busted and had to go to probation and take drug tests.  As a matter of fact, just about anyone I've ever know to smoke pot habitually, has quit, either permanently, not used it habitually any longer, or quits a few times just to "dry out".  Some people do that with heavily addictive drugs, but not not vary many.  I said that "almost all" of the people I've known to use pot have quit at various times.  This wouldn't be possible if it were as addictive as Herion, alchohol or even cirgarettes.  I can appreciate Glock31's "faith" in the government, and his need to be patriotic, but he has no experience, and is talking out his ass, or maybe he is just screwing with us, and knows the truth (man, I hope so.)
View Quote

I know your resentful because I've not answered any of your flames yet.  But if you will read more carefully, you'll note the ones I have responded to have presented their side with their set of facts and/or statistics or they refute my presented facts and/or statistics.  Your posts consist of rambling, incoherent thoughts amounting to "Hey I smoke pot and I want it to be legal!"  Read your posts and mine, then see who's basing their argument in fact, and who's talking out of their ass.

I'm done with this thread, flame away but you'll get no more responses from me.  I've made my point, and any other things you can throw out can be answered by re-reading my posts, SeaDwellers, or AR15fan's.  

Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top