User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 7:34:11 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:
You might want to look at a used treo 650.

Mine works great and its Verizon. The signal is a little bit worse than my old cell phone but not bad enough to cause me problems.

The last time I tried it you could still use pdanet software to tether it to a desktop or laptop and use it for internet service. I heard they have blocked that ability in newer phones.

You can tether with the Treo 700p/Moto Q/Samsung i730 and all 3 Blackberry's from VZW

You can tether using PDAnet with the 700w as well.

Are you Positive?
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 7:34:58 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
You might want to look at a used treo 650.

Mine works great and its Verizon. The signal is a little bit worse than my old cell phone but not bad enough to cause me problems.

The last time I tried it you could still use pdanet software to tether it to a desktop or laptop and use it for internet service. I heard they have blocked that ability in newer phones.

You can tether with the Treo 700p/Moto Q/Samsung i730 and all 3 Blackberry's from VZW

You can tether using PDAnet with the 700w as well.

Are you Positive?

About?
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 7:40:03 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I've been thinking about upgrading my Verizon phone as well and am seriously thinking about a 6700.

That said, any opinions specifically about an i730? That's the only other one I would consider...thanks!

i730 is an OLD phone and will be dropped soon.What is going to replace it? Is it worth the Wait?   Other than that it was/is a damn good phone, but I am partial to Samsung phones...
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 7:40:36 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
snip
What price plan are you on that you get billed for roaming?  If you are on an Americas Choice price plan you shouldnt be getting ANY roaming charges in CONUS (mostly, and SC isnt one of those areas)

When I look up Spartanburg, I get 8 stores w/in 25 miles and only 3 in Spartanburg.

1508B W.O. Ezell Blvd

1735 John B. White Sr. Blvd.

205 W. Blackstock Rd. (Westgate Mall)

Not one on Reidville Rd.  Are you sure its a Verizon OWNED store and not a store that sells Verizon Wireless?  Big difference.

Wow, you must be a Corporate Verizon employee - This type of talk is just the kind of stuff I hear from customers about Verizon, Sprint, T-Mobile, and Cingular Corporate stores from customers when I am in the field. "I went to the corporate store and they wouldn't help me!"

First off, you need to read your coverage brochure. It IS possible for that customer to be charged roaming; there are still areas in the US that VZW America's Choice Plan does not cover. Ask your reps.

Secondly, don't disrespect the Third Party stores. That kind of attitude does not make friends in the business, and won't earn you any customer loyalty. Remember that everybody that has a VZW logo on their kiosk or their storefront is repping the brand. Customers don't understand how the business is run or how it makes it's money, but they want a consistent experience. Crapping on the Third Party guys will not make things any easier for anybody.
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 7:41:32 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
I've been thinking about upgrading my Verizon phone as well and am seriously thinking about a 6700.

That said, any opinions specifically about an i730? That's the only other one I would consider...thanks!

i730 is an OLD phone and will be dropped soon.What is going to replace it? Is it worth the Wait?   Other than that it was/is a damn good phone, but I am partial to Samsung phones...

No idea...  phonescoop.com usually knows before I do
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 7:45:22 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
snip

Again Sprint is worthless end of story.

WTF? Are you on crack? Have you read the Telephia study from 2Q2006? As it turns out, Sprint holds some very impressive cards against Verizon's claims. This comes as a result of both customer testing and drive testing.

But I am sure you know all about Telephia, right?
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 7:49:46 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
snip
What price plan are you on that you get billed for roaming?  If you are on an Americas Choice price plan you shouldnt be getting ANY roaming charges in CONUS (mostly, and SC isnt one of those areas)

When I look up Spartanburg, I get 8 stores w/in 25 miles and only 3 in Spartanburg.

1508B W.O. Ezell Blvd

1735 John B. White Sr. Blvd.

205 W. Blackstock Rd. (Westgate Mall)

Not one on Reidville Rd.  Are you sure its a Verizon OWNED store and not a store that sells Verizon Wireless?  Big difference.

Wow, you must be a Corporate Verizon employee - This type of talk is just the kind of stuff I hear from customers about Verizon, Sprint, T-Mobile, and Cingular Corporate stores from customers when I am in the field. "I went to the corporate store and they wouldn't help me!"

First off, you need to read your coverage brochure. It IS possible for that customer to be charged roaming; there are still areas in the US that VZW America's Choice Plan does not cover. Ask your reps.  Thank you for that I understand how it works but HE was not getting a VERIZON message, he was getting a third party message.  And SC is NOT one of the places he was likely to get charges on the AC PP, which is WHY I was asking him the questions

Secondly, don't disrespect the Third Party stores. That kind of attitude does not make friends in the business, and won't earn you any customer loyalty. Remember that everybody that has a VZW logo on their kiosk or their storefront is repping the brand. Customers don't understand how the business is run or how it makes it's money, but they want a consistent experience. Crapping on the Third Party guys will not make things any easier for anybody.  90% of the "third party guys" are shitty sales people who care not about the customer but about the commission.  Take your holier than thou attitude elsewhere.

Also, NO WHERE did I disrespect ANYONE.  I was trying to clarify which store he was talking about.  He stated it was on Reidville Rd. and I didnt see one on Reidville which is why I asked him to clarify...  No where did I ask you for anything...  
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 7:53:38 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
snip

Again Sprint is worthless end of story.

WTF? Are you on crack? Have you read the Telephia study from 2Q2006? As it turns out, Sprint holds some very impressive cards against Verizon's claims. This comes as a result of both customer testing and drive testing.

But I am sure you know all about Telephia, right?

Impressive, you mean like the amount of dropped calls Sprint has?  Or the impressive amount of churn that Sprint has?  Maybe it was the impressive amounts of Consumer Lawsuits that makes them so damn good...  

ETA: Most of Sprint's best areas, according to JD Power (I'm sure you know all about JD Power, right ), were where they were using the roaming agreement with Verizon Wireless...
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top