Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 21
Link Posted: 11/14/2004 1:30:50 PM EDT
[#1]
The Saxet gunshow is one of the better ones that I've been to. There's a lot of military surplus stuff for reasonable prices, AK's sold for less than $300, and most of the dealers were friendly and helpful. There were only a couple tables at the last one I went to that didn't have firearms, one that sold useless but cool looking knives and swords, and three that sold patches, badges, ribbons, and coins. My coin collection tripled in value just from the last gun show I visited.

This was three years ago though, so who knows what the situation is now.
Link Posted: 11/14/2004 1:38:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Did/does "Goatee Boy" have an accent? I'm trying to place the face...

I bought a couple of small AR parts from M&A at the Tulsa gun show a few weeks ago and I dealt with a guy that seemed to have an accent. He was a bit arrogant, but not bad enough for me to find another vendor...I had been there for about 4 hours and just wanted to pick up a couple of parts and get the hell out of there...

Anyhow, sounds to me like "Goatee Boy" got what he deserved, lucky he didn't get a complete ass-whuppin' for free...
Link Posted: 11/14/2004 2:03:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Go to his web page, and let him know what you think.  The URL is on page one of this thread.
Link Posted: 11/14/2004 2:21:49 PM EDT
[#4]
BTW, while you guys were watching the fights, I was looking for bargains.  I found a good one.

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=295800
Link Posted: 11/14/2004 2:30:23 PM EDT
[#5]
This was just sent by me to M&A Parts via their web site:

Yesterday at the Houston Gun show I was witness to one of your salesman acting in a thoroughly unprofessional manor.  After treating one of your prospective customers with a total lack of courtesy, he proceeded to chase him down the isle after he walked away and assault him.  I believe the salesman’s name is Chris and he did have a goatee.  In my view there is no circumstance that it would be acceptable to do what Chris did short of preventing theft and that was not the case here.  The situation ended up requiring myself and two others to get Chris to back off from the customer he was after.  Even with two of us standing between Chris and the customer, Chris was still pushing toward him trying to escalate the conflict even further.  

I wanted the ownership of M&A Parts to be aware of that these kinds of unacceptable actions are being taken by their employees.  If this is the caliber of employees that M&A Parts keep on staff, I will be taking my business elsewhere and will be encouraging my friends to do the same.  This letter will be posted on AR15.com as well.
Link Posted: 11/14/2004 2:49:12 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
This was just sent by me to M&A Parts via their web site:

Yesterday at the Houston Gun show I was witness to one of your salesman acting in a thoroughly unprofessional manor.  After treating one of your prospective customers with a total lack of courtesy, he proceeded to chase him down the isle after he walked away and assault him.  I believe the salesman’s name is Chris and he did have a goatee.  In my view there is no circumstance that it would be acceptable to do what Chris did short of preventing theft and that was not the case here.  The situation ended up requiring myself and two others to get Chris to back off from the customer he was after.  Even with two of us standing between Chris and the customer, Chris was still pushing toward him trying to escalate the conflict even further.  

I wanted the ownership of M&A Parts to be aware of that these kinds of unacceptable actions are being taken by their employees.  If this is the caliber of employees that M&A Parts keep on staff, I will be taking my business elsewhere and will be encouraging my friends to do the same.  This letter will be posted on AR15.com as well.

Do you hear something?

That's me scratching M&A off of my "places you should buy from" list.

Kudos to you guys...

- BG
Link Posted: 11/14/2004 2:49:52 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

I bought a couple of small AR parts from M&A at the Tulsa gun show a few weeks ago and I dealt with a guy that seemed to have an accent. He was a bit arrogant, but not bad enough for me to find another vendor...I had been there for about 4 hours and just wanted to pick up a couple of parts and get the hell out of there...

Anyhow, sounds to me like "Goatee Boy" got what he deserved, lucky he didn't get a complete ass-whuppin' for free...

OMG! was this guy on the lower level at the Tulsa Gun Show?

This was the idiot who was trying to sell me an A2FS for $15, I told him no thanks. Most other places have them for $5
Link Posted: 11/14/2004 3:36:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Welcome!
great first post!

I have been going to Houston area gun shows for years. I have never heard much less seen anything like that. Incase anyone wants to know. The show was put on by The Houston Gun Collectors Association. I am sure they will not put up with people acting like that at thier fun show.

www.hgca.org/
Link Posted: 11/14/2004 3:38:27 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

OMG! was this guy on the lower level at the Tulsa Gun Show?

This was the idiot who was trying to sell me an A2FS for $15, I told him no thanks. Most other places have them for $5

Yep, that's the guy...

Well...I know where NOT to buy parts anymore...
Link Posted: 11/14/2004 3:41:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 11/14/2004 3:42:43 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 11/14/2004 3:44:19 PM EDT
[#12]
I just sent an email to the company, and I recommend others do the same!
Link Posted: 11/14/2004 3:49:36 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 11/14/2004 3:51:57 PM EDT
[#14]
After reading all of  this I can say I will be keeping my purchases to the Industry section of AR-15.com.  I have now ordered from two of the Industy partners with excellent results.  These two companies will be getting the majority of my money in the future.  LIfe is to short and money to precious to put up with assholes who think YOU owe them something.
Link Posted: 11/14/2004 3:53:04 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 11/14/2004 3:56:31 PM EDT
[#16]
Guys, every one of the companies we buy guns and parts from has dipshits like this on their staff.  As long as it's not the owner, I wouldn't change the way I do business.

That said, the one dealing I had with M&A was that I bought (for a song) an AR from someone who had built up an M&A kit.  Man, it was a POS--cast front sight with roll pin retaining the sling swivel; fixed telestock had to be worst in the industry; tight .223 chamber; A2 rear sight with the canting problem; internal parts cheapest possible.  I bought it for the lower and trashed the junky parts.

This was several years ago, so I have no idea what their quality is like now.  No lack of competition to buy from though...

Is Model 1 Sales the same company?  I bought an upper from them I really like, but it took them two tries to get me the exact item I ordered.  They were cool about it though, only cost me my time.
Link Posted: 11/14/2004 4:07:42 PM EDT
[#17]
The last gunshow I was at the dealers were all hatefull like they stayed up past their bedtime and still trying to sell stuff like there was still a ban on !  I managed to still find a deal or two before splitting !
Link Posted: 11/14/2004 4:10:23 PM EDT
[#18]
I found this pic searching google. I think SC-Texas is in there somewhere. If this is taking too much bandwidth, I will take it down asap.

Link Posted: 11/14/2004 4:25:59 PM EDT
[#19]
The account is as correct as I can remember it.  I was one of Glock Guy's friends at the show and was there for the entire episode.  I have done quite a bit of business in the past with M&A Parts, and I have sent many customers to them.  I will not be doing this anymore.

I am a former Texas Peace Officer; I am currently licensed and working as a Private Investigator, Texas Property & Casualty Insurance Adjuster, and a Class 02 manufacturer of NFA weapons.  Glock Guy is a practicing Attorney here in Houston.  Another of Glock Guy's friends at the show is a Harris County Deputy Constable.  My point is that none of us are the kind of people to go out and start trouble.  We will, however, do what we can to see that future problems are curtailed.

I seriously hope that the owner of M&A Parts takes notice about this episode with his bad-apple employee.  If I were the guy assaulted by the M&A Parts employee, I would have seen that M&A was permanently removed from the show;  I would have seen that he was arrested.

I encourage anyone who saw this take place to contact M&A and let the owner know how you feel.  I refuse to do business with anyone who engages in this type of conduct, or who allows one of his employees to do so.

NFA Investments, A BATFE Licensed Firearms Manufacturer
Keith Norman, owner
Tel. (281) 639-0026
Type 07 FFL / Class 02 SOT
Web: www.NFAinvestments.com
Email: [email protected]

Central Texas Investigative Services
Keith Norman, owner
Tel. (281) 639-0026
TCPS #A-08772
Web: www.ctis.cc
Email: [email protected]
Link Posted: 11/14/2004 4:38:54 PM EDT
[#20]
I am in that picture.  

The funny thing is that I checked my bank statment today and the dipshit who couldn't figure out how to work the credit card machine managed to put a $92.00 charge on my card.

That's customer service for you.

Sean
Link Posted: 11/14/2004 4:40:02 PM EDT
[#21]
BTW:  I have been told that the stocky guy's name is Chris.  That's the one without the accent that started it up and chased me down the aisle.

Thanks for the offers of beers guys.  
Link Posted: 11/14/2004 4:41:09 PM EDT
[#22]
Sounds about right.  Here in Michigan the shows usually have Pam at the shows. Some time it is a goatee guy.  All assholes.   They talk down to everybody.  One guy asked if any uppers were .223 and Pam said all were.  He said that all he saw was marked 5.56.  She responded that they were the same and when he disagreed she went off.

That is why I go to the Model 1 table and deal with Mark.  Got nothing but respect from him.

Bobwrench
Link Posted: 11/14/2004 4:41:46 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
excellent story!

if glock guy had a metal framed pistol, like a sig of 1911, i bet he would have pistol wipped him while gotee man was in the DV death grip

wish you had pics!

Naw, my Glock 29 would have done the job, I just didn't see that it was necessary to pull it out.  Also, the situation developed so fast that I found myself behind the curve and could have gotten it out fast enough to do anything anyway.  

Besides, It was much more satisfying to grab the guy's throat.  It felt like a ripe peach on a tree.
Link Posted: 11/14/2004 4:53:46 PM EDT
[#24]
I saw that, I was laughing my ass off, I had no idea that it would be someone from arfcom, small world
Link Posted: 11/14/2004 4:59:45 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
www.m-aparts.com/

"We are the industry leader. We set the standard, our competitors will follow."

-Nugz
Link Posted: 11/14/2004 5:00:58 PM EDT
[#26]
this is the letter I wrote them\\\

I was at the Houston gunshow this weekend, I saw how unprofessional your employees are, and how stupid one of them is buy chaseing down a guy and assaulting him, I will no longer do business with your company, and I will actively discourage others from doing business with your company also, I am also writing letters with others to have you company banned from any of the gun shows in Houson.
Link Posted: 11/14/2004 5:06:17 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 11/14/2004 5:07:20 PM EDT
[#28]
Well done, SC-Texas.  I'm up here in North Dakota, so here's a virtual beer for you.

Oh, and here is a new avatar if you're interested:

Link Posted: 11/14/2004 5:12:57 PM EDT
[#29]
I hate shit like that, and people like that.

I've bought from them twice- will never consider them again.
Link Posted: 11/14/2004 5:16:05 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 11/14/2004 5:21:42 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 11/14/2004 5:22:56 PM EDT
[#32]
Outstanding work from the Texas Crew! Talk about being put on notice. I guarantee you that by Friday of this week, the account of this story (if not this thread itself) will have been emailed to one heck of a lot of gunshow vendors. Of course the majority of them will be thinking "Yeah, well he asked for it, but that's now how I treat my customers." Whatever.

I'm not someone who necessarily believes that the customer is always right, but at the very least the cutomer is always a customer, and should be treated as such (especially if you'd like to have a chance at repeat business).

A heartwarming account!
Link Posted: 11/14/2004 5:25:39 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
I am in that picture.  

The funny thing is that I checked my bank statment today and the dipshit who couldn't figure out how to work the credit card machine managed to put a $92.00 charge on my card.

That's customer service for you.

Sean

Ooh, credit card fraud......you could fuck him up so bad with a call to the cops
Link Posted: 11/14/2004 5:29:29 PM EDT
[#34]
Nice job SC-Texas.  It's not everyday that you can teach somebody manners, and show retraint at the same time.

I will certainly put M&A Parts on my do not buy list, unless and until the goatee asshole is fired.  

So, is M&A related to Model 1, or are they totally separate companies?
Link Posted: 11/14/2004 5:36:23 PM EDT
[#35]
awesome, not only are there a few witnesses on the board, but the "glock guy" himself posts here.  Gotta love arfcom
Link Posted: 11/14/2004 5:53:34 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 11/14/2004 5:53:54 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Another customer service victory for M&A/Model1/Nesard/Sherluk!

+1

and a real big one, the family, whoes history of peddeling junk and dodging legal action by running a "dba monty" , strikes again...

Other than creating false competition among the 'bargain' brands are there any other reasons for them running multiple businesses?  Tax issues perhaps?  M&A, Model 1 do good: pay taxes. Sheluck down the drain: tax break. ???
Link Posted: 11/14/2004 6:02:14 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

YOU!  Hun Farm!  I buy your booze!

Good job there, SC-Texas!  When I met you at Gunstock, you didn't seem the type to put up with shit.  I'm glad to see that I was right!
Link Posted: 11/14/2004 6:04:37 PM EDT
[#39]

excellent job SC-Texas
concider them stricken from my list of where to buy. What a dick.

Chris

Quoted:
BTW:  I have been told that the stocky guy's name is Chris.  That's the one without the accent that started it up and chased me down the aisle.

Link Posted: 11/14/2004 6:20:45 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
SC-Texas and the Houston Crew.  Good job fellas!

Indeed!
Link Posted: 11/14/2004 6:26:43 PM EDT
[#41]
wish i could have seen that would of been cool.
Link Posted: 11/14/2004 6:31:49 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

OWNED!!

I wish I'd seen this pic before I wrote them a letter.... I'd have included it!!!  
Link Posted: 11/14/2004 6:32:46 PM EDT
[#43]
I sent and email to M&A Parts.  I wonder if Chrissy boy will delete it before his boss gets to read it.
Link Posted: 11/14/2004 6:38:17 PM EDT
[#44]
You really should change to the Darth Vader avatar... It's just bad ass.  
Link Posted: 11/14/2004 6:43:10 PM EDT
[#45]
Eh, I'm trying to put a face on goatee guy's description, but I think I know the guy you guys are talking about. I should pay attention to the vendor's company name more often.  I would have loved to see him get a lesson in how to not treat your customers.

That's some great customer service. I noticed there's a lot of competition in these places. It's easy to get a vendor yelling at you for declining to purchase an overpriced part when you saw the same piece at another vendor, for 20 bucks less. Yelling at someone who refused to buy from you will make others think differently about doing business with you.

Link Posted: 11/14/2004 6:47:53 PM EDT
[#46]
I was at that show all day yesterday. Mr goatee guy had a chip on his shoulder, no doubt. Sad to say I didn't see the incident. I bought some parts from them, but not too much. That'll be the last $$ they get from me. There are other vendors that deserve the support. I did spend quite a bit more elsewhere. Glad I didn't give it to them.

Yeah, the show was a little disappointing - I was disappointed I didn't have more money to spend. I found more things I wanted to bring home than I had the cash for.
Link Posted: 11/14/2004 6:48:34 PM EDT
[#47]
Good first post, Frylock.

So, SC-Texas, did his eyes really pop out?

Link Posted: 11/14/2004 6:56:00 PM EDT
[#48]
LOL, that was one of the funniest things I'd seen in my life.

To clarify; Sean (SC-Texas) is my fiance's brother-in-law, and invited me to go with him to the show. I'm not an avid gun enthusiast (unfortunately) but I DO enjoy them, and have always had a blast when Sean's around with his AR-15. Anyway, I gladly accepted his invitation,  and we joined two of our friends (don't remember there screen names at the moment, sorry; but they've already posted in this thread). We had quite a good time walking around the entire day, and I was with him when this entire fracus occured. Needless to say, as soon as Goatee Guy came around, I sensed trouble. When he grabbed Sean and spun him around, the simple thought of 'Oh fucking Christ' ran through my head. Words were traded, and before I knew it, the Vader Death Grip (patent pending ;)) was locked on. Worried for the guys life, I grabbed Sean's arm, and tried to pull them apart, and Sean gave me a look I'll never forget: one of those bone-chilling looks of someone who is knowingly about to do some serious damage to another human being. Thankfully, our two friends showed up moments later, and I was able to drag Sean off the guy, but damn, I was worried. I mean, I'm 5'11, a good 250+ pounds; quite a bit heftier than Sean, and I was worried about him killing this guy, and knew I couldn't do anything about it. Pretty intense. But, thinking back on the whole incident, I think it all worked out well (though I wouldn't have minded if blows had been thrown; I woulda kicked that guy's ass!), and no one was injured...except that asshole's pride.

By the way, Sean, now that you know if charged your card, sue their asses ;) Hell, your attorney, you'd fuck 'em over.

Anyway, other than that, the show was very pleasant, and got to see a few guns that I've wanted to see for quite a while (a French P90, a couple of AUGs, and a nifty SPAS shotgun). And I concur Sean, use the Vader avatar. You deserve it

Edit: Yeah, HABU, his eyes were bugging out. It was funny; as Sean put it, he had him by the throat, and he felt his neck start to tense, and squeezed really hard. A second later, his eyes were bugging out, and his face started turning beet red. I almost started laughing my ass off; if I hadn't been worried about the guy dieing a horrible death. Guess it goes to show; even in a place with thousands of guns and knives, the deadliest thing can be the human body itself.
Link Posted: 11/14/2004 7:21:12 PM EDT
[#49]
I have never seen anything like this outside of a bar fight.  

I am going to email M & A parts and the houston Gun show about this.
Link Posted: 11/14/2004 7:28:34 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

OWNED!!

Page / 21
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top